**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    Mhykke wrote: »
    When people brought up the idea of 6 star champs, I thought they were just either making a joke or mentioning a really bad idea.

As has been stated, we currently do not have the ability to max 5 stars, and now 6 stars are announced? I understand that T5 basics are being added and we'll be able to max our 5 stars, but from what I understand, 6 stars will be playable in about 5 months. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculously fast. Upgrading your 5 star in the next 5 months and already they'll be obsolete due to the new 6 stars.

So when will 7 stars be added? And 8 stars? And 9 stars?

I've never complained about the game, and have spent a good deal of money on the game because I enjoyed it. But this may be a deal breaker. Extraordinarily bad timing.

Obsolete is a very strong word here. Did 5-Stars make 4-Stars Obsolete? 6-Stars are not going to be easy to obtain, and then will be more difficult to Rank Up. We have lots more planned before 6-Stars ever make it into Player's hands, and that includes making 5-Stars more accessible.

5 stars ABSOLUTELY made 3*s obsolete. So now 4*s will be obsolete to. So why make us use T4CC to rank them up anymore if they're going to be useless in a few months?

What are you talking about? 4 stars made 3 stars obsolete.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    R4GE wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    TOTAL BS!!! We spent a lot of resources for 4s and now all of a sudden here comes 6s when we can't max 5s yet.

Give us 1000 rank down tickets to get rid of 4s or you will quickly die and rot for good this time

I wouldn't say "all of a sudden". This is still at least 5 months away, and the way that 5-Stars didn't make 4-Stars obsolete, these won't be making them obsolete very soon either.

5 months is all of a sudden! t5 don't exist, t2 alphas are rare. 5*s won't even get ranked before 6*s appear

We see where you're coming from, but when 5-Stars were first introduced, while it was possible to fully rank a 4-Star champion, it was something that only a very small handful of players had done, or were able to do. Remember, 6-Stars are going to appear in Content before you can get them, but that doesn't mean it's meant to be all content.

While we are still working on exactly where you'll see them, we do know that they won't be in Act 5 Chapter 3.

I kinda disagree with that, when 5*s came out I still had about 12-15 r5 4*s at that point and mostly the good ones. Now I have 2 r4 5*s only which is barely a roster. So kinda depressing when I think about continuing this game.

Those are exactly my thoughts. I have 3 R4 5* and now I feel obligated to somehow 100% LoL just to rank up a 6*, which I'm sure will be required for prestige reasons. I've got 18 5* and I know I am well above average in this regard so the introduction now is so dumb.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Once again since moderators are avoiding this:

5 stars ABSOLUTELY made 3*s obsolete. So now 4*s will be obsolete to. So why make us use T4CC to rank them up anymore if they're going to be useless in a few months?
  • Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    When people brought up the idea of 6 star champs, I thought they were just either making a joke or mentioning a really bad idea.

As has been stated, we currently do not have the ability to max 5 stars, and now 6 stars are announced? I understand that T5 basics are being added and we'll be able to max our 5 stars, but from what I understand, 6 stars will be playable in about 5 months. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculously fast. Upgrading your 5 star in the next 5 months and already they'll be obsolete due to the new 6 stars.

I've never complained about the game, and have spent a good deal of money on the game because I enjoyed it. But this may be a deal breaker. Extraordinarily bad timing.

Obsolete is a very strong word here. Did 5-Stars make 4-Stars Obsolete? 6-Stars are not going to be easy to obtain, and then will be more difficult to Rank Up. We have lots more planned before 6-Stars ever make it into Player's hands, and that includes making 5-Stars more accessible.

5s didn't make 4s obsolete, 6s will make 4s obsolete.. and useless..
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited August 2017
    terrible idea, and one that will cost you thousands of players. but then again a truly smart idea, keep the whales happy and everything is peachy at kabam
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Knowing this why would anyone waste t5b or t2a now? You know they will be the lower rank needed materials

This is why we're telling you all so far out. This will let you make informed decisions when deciding on which Champions to invest your time and resources into!

We do appreciate that you are announcing it so far out. Doesn't make it less of a terrible idea though. It will make more people want to quit the game than keep working to rank up. You really need to question your decision makers over there if this is the type of stuff they come up with. Ask any 10,000 users of the game if they want this and I will bet 9,999 will tell you they don't.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    I see you're reducing the amount of catalysts needed. What about champs that were ranked up recently? I just ranked up a 5* and now the costs are being reduced in two weeks? Are we getting the overages we spent ranking champions up back? If not, can we get rank down tickets to get back the extra catalysts we spent?

The only cost that is being reduced is how many Tier 5 Basics it costs to get 5-Stars to Rank 5. There won't been any changes to the lower ranks.

need to lower the Tier one Alphas or make them more easy to obtain.

Yes I would now say 5* has made 4* obsolete. I don't care if I ever get another 4* because I would not waste resources on a 4* Moving forward.
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Other things with this should be asked.

Are there any plans to widen the T4 class and basic inventory along with the new addition?

Is there a revise on t4b arena to include 1 or 2 more basic milestones??? If not, there should definitely be more added.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    They are obviously trying to prolong the game. Which isn't bad on their part from a business standpoint, but I guarantee you, all the thousands of hours and $ spent on 5*, very few whales are going this far to spend on it.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    IwasWONG wrote: »
    I think this is a terrible idea. Should have ask the community first. People can clear your hardest levels with 3 star heroes. All this does is tell me that all the time, energy, and money spent on this game was a waste. I've spent so much time in development of my roster and it seems like a waste. If you want a money grab there are much better ways about it. Increase mastery points by paying for them. New masteries that require more expensive cores. Something besides adding 6 star heroes to make all of our 4 stars irrelevant. Something to progress further without demeaning our rosters.

Sorry my friend, act 5 is almost impossible with 3 stars and wait until you see 5.3 and 5.4
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    This was poor timing on kabams part. 6*s should've been released late next year at least, by the time 5*s were released peoples already had 5-10 maxed 4*s at the moment only the top end players have 3-4 r4 5*s not even maxed. Really poor timing. Fix the bugs, make rank up materials easier to come by (t2 alphas & t2 basics) give the people a year to be able to rank up 5*s then drop 6*s.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    IwasWONG wrote: »
    I think this is a terrible idea. Should have ask the community first. People can clear your hardest levels with 3 star heroes. All this does is tell me that all the time, energy, and money spent on this game was a waste. I've spent so much time in development of my roster and it seems like a waste. If you want a money grab there are much better ways about it. Increase mastery points by paying for them. New masteries that require more expensive cores. Something besides adding 6 star heroes to make all of our 4 stars irrelevant. Something to progress further without demeaning our rosters.

Sorry my friend, act 5 is almost impossible with 3 stars and wait until you see 5.3 and 5.4

Also please do LOL with 3 stars and see how that goes
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Are you planning on ditching Challenger Rating?
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    You say it's just like when you released 5* but that's SO wrong. This is the equivalent of releasing 5* when only the top .1% of the entire GAME have maybe 3-6 4/40 4*, with t4cc not even available in game yet. I had several maxed 4* when 5* was released.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    I was gonna make a long post about how uncomfortable I am with this announcement but I decide to read through all the posts before I draft my long long statement. After reading every post and the replies from the mods, I decided that there ain't much to say because unlike the previous 12.0 fiasco which we hit us before we even had time to react, this one is pretty much a case of Kabam giving us a heads up about what is coming in the future. Honestly guys I don't see anything wrong with that so just chill and carry on playing as normal. There is no need to hit the panic button and I see this as the right step in communication on the part of Kabam.

PS: Nice to have @Ad0ra_ and @Kabam Miike sticking around answering questions too. Great job guys.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    how are you planning to address players that don't have a r4 5* because having a r5 4* is a better choice, since they haven't been lucky enough to pull up 5* champions that can help with the end game content. After all this game is all about progression. I know you already stated that you will make 5* and 4* more available, but how soon? and also t2A we need to r4 a 5* or the idea of announcing the 6* its for us to sit on the resources we have so far? it really seems this change is for the top players.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    So with more powerful champs coming out, that defeats the point of challenge rating. It needs to be removed.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Kinda of a serious question here ...

How will 6-star champions be able to recover health exactly?
    After they are hit, they will have some kind of icon that indicates that they are ready to recover HP? Will they get a regen buff? Or instant regen?
    I don't want to think that these will be somekind of unstoppable mid combo or anyting ...
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Please more gold, I can barley afford to r5 a 4 star let alone 3/45 or 4/55 5* and now 6*?! Please tell me there will be some sort of way we can obtain it apart from doing arena..

Agree Gold is rare, alphas T1 and T2 now are rare. I don't mind 6* coming but give the player more resources now not later. This games grind is insane. And the costs out of pocket if you don't grind is insane.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Trumpoot wrote: »
    is it an accident that this announcement wasn't made BEFORE the $60 deal to rank up 4* champs?

I didn't buy the deal to rank 4* champs, nor would I have used any resources on them