**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"Help Requested" resetting

Recently I've found that when I go back into arenas, every single one of the champs I've used that are on cooldown show back up as "help requested" so I have to click the green + sign again. Sometimes this happens multiple times. I've had this happen before which is quite annoying.

Comments

• Should only be happening for 5* or 6* champs that have a longer-than-2-hour cooldown. When you come back after the initial 2 hours, they show up as being able to request for help again (even though that really does nothing other than give alliance mates another chance for Loyalty for giving help again, it actually won't reduce their cool down by any more “minutes per Help” if they already received 5 helps originally in 1st 2 hours).

Otherwise, occasionally a connection type bug that might cause even 2/3/4* to re-show as needing help. But that is on rare occurrences.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Not just 5/6*. It’s been happening all night with all levels

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    i have the same problem for many months... it usually happen if i exit the arena for few minutes and searching for players/alliances. when i go back to arena i need to "ask help" again.

imo - the entire concept of "help" is useless.
    it has been broken for so long that people are barely bother to click help, especially in this phase of the game when there are so many champs and it takes forever to click the "help 4" that get stuck after few clicks.
    they need to remove it from the game or find better ways to handle it, for example:
    1. no need to request help, it will be automatically (currently i click "request help" just to move the damn attackers from my screen)
    2. a ways to filter/sort the list of help request in the alliance page to quest help, 6* , 5* , 4* etc..
    3. increase the the "help 4" to "X" or "all". I've been playing this game for so long and i heard the "reasoning" for not doing it, but as developer i'm not buying it.
  • edited October 2019
    Sorry to hear about this. We'll pass it along to the rest of the team. Would you be able to tell us what device and version of your OS you're using, as well as whether you were on cellular data or wifi at the time? Also, would you happen to remember what you did immediately following requesting help for those Champions, and how long it was before you noticed that you needed to click the button again?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    I’ve had this happen on an ipad pro running iOS (multiple versions) currently ipadOS 13.1.3.

I have witnessed it happen in streams of people using iphones 7 and 8.

You can cause this to happen almost 100% of the time by queuing arena helps then running a dungeon (Your arena helps may need to include the same champions you run dungeons with(?)). Doing so will clear all your requests and all those helps currently requested by your alliance (except energy help requests and maybe helps requested while you were in the dungeon). However this is not the only cause, just the most easily replicated.

I am not familiar with the jargon or mechanics so this may be confusing, if you have question please let me know.

From observations, To me this appears to be the game client losing the “help list/database” Or the “champion cool down list/database” when rewriting it.

In the following video I had just had my help requests “rejected” after running an arena team in an arena, separate from the one I requested helps in (this may be irrelevant), this is shown by the one team and energy help requests in my queue at the start. I re-requested helps then ran a quest fight, moved in AQ, ran a 3 star arena round and finally some 4 star featured arena which resulted in the helps being “kicked out” and requiring them To be requested again. And to add, after all this and then editing the video, uploading and writing post this I get to request help all over again because they were once again kicked out of the queue. 😂

Video, this is a 2 minute video of 20 minutes of game play sped up in most parts but leaving the help tab of the alliance menu slowed down. https://youtu.be/KlRUazk8O8o
    *if you want the raw 20 minute footage I can upload it.

** Also this is a huge annoyance and thusly can be a turn off to the arena/dungeon experience.

Sorry to hear about this. We'll pass it along to the rest of the team. Would you be able to tell us what device and version of your OS you're using, as well as whether you were on cellular data or wifi at the time? Also, would you happen to remember what you did immediately following requesting help for those Champions, and how long it was before you noticed that you needed to click the button again?

iPhone X, wifi, and latest software - so 13.?

Thanks for the response. If you need any futher info let me know.

I agree with a comment above - I would recommend just doing away with the "request help" function - or at the very least, have a button that says "request help - all" so we don't have to waste time that doesn't add to the game, or Kabam's bottom line.
    edited October 2019
    Here is a clipped video of me finishing an arena run of my 5 stars, showing the menu bar which shows 413 alliance helps in the queue then accepting a dungeon request, finishing the dungeon then visiting the Alliance help request page. Those 413 help requests (from the alliance) are culled to just the energy helps and my requests are kicked out requiring me to re-request.

At the end of the video when I visit the alliance help menu you can see it shows 403 helps On the tab but when I tap the help menu there are only a few energy helps in the queue. While clearing the energy helps you can see my requests go from 152 to 1 in an instant, I then, of course, need to re-request those 152 helps if I wish to continue in the arena (I cut this part out but really want to include it for emphasis ;)).

Video https://youtu.be/xQwCWtUuMTo

*To add, this has resulted in re-requesting helps 3+ times just making these videos to showcase the issue. Each time this happens it can easily be 150 taps (More if 4*s are also on cool down) to re-request each taking over 3 minutes to complete; that’s ~10 minutes spent tapping 450 times on top of all the time and stopping spent requesting in the first place. It’s bad.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    It happens to me all the time on all levels.
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    Hey Dev's

Can you please look at this HELP button situation! My alliance has some crazy arena grinders including me. We usually have 700-1000 help requests. Most of us are facing this issue where after pressing the help button 10+ times and then subsequent presses does nothing. I have to then restart the application again and again. This is a bad user experience. Also pressing 4 help requests ata time is silly when there are 1000+ arena help requests.

Regards,
    Daksh Malik
    Still broken. Yet another dungeon cycle and as soon as I leave a dungeon all of my arena champions have reset, not just the 6 and 5 stars.

Please fix this. it's been months now.
  • Dirty2180Dirty2180 Posts: 9

I have had the same issue with my 5*s for the past few weeks. I use a Samsung Galaxy A6 with Andriod and it always seems to happen at around the 4 hr mark.
    Here’s a thread from mid 2018 on the issue as well. Maybe it has additional information that may be relevant.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63556/arena-help-request-and-refresh-time-bug

Still not fixed.
    I’m using iPhone 10 iOS 13.7
    I’ve just finished an arena grind for the last hour or so and pressed “get help” after every match to clear the unavailable champs at the top of the list.
    I went into incursions for a moment to look at the zone rewards for sector 8 then exited the room. I went back into the arena again and now every one of my 6, 5, and 4*s have the green “request help” marker and they’re all back at the top of my list. Very very annoying. A year later. Can we get a fix?
    Just happened again. Every time I do dungeons it resets everything in arena. Very annoying. @Kabam Zibiit has this been looked into?