**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Math experts help me here(dual class crystal probability)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    A few things...

(1) The statement “there’s no accounting for chance” ignores the fact that, yes, there are mathematical fields whose very purpose is to account for chance. This is not a situation where there are “multiple ways of knowing.” The odds of a single crystal are static and stated—the odds of a particular string of outcomes depends on the number of outcomes in the string and a couple other things. I’m pretty sure the original OP was asking precisely that question.

(2) With respect to probability across a string of occurrences, the concept of there being a “debate” implies somehow the crystal spins don’t work as straight pRNG—that is, that it’s all somehow dependent on a huge wheel in the sky that drops champs to us down below. It isn’t. It’s a formula, it works in a mathematical way, and the probability behind it is, as far as I know, settled and has been for some time.

(3) These threads with the typical panoply of batty answers pop up like mushrooms every now and then. Do people still take math and statistics today?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    This whole thread is big brain time
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Since the initial question has been addressed, this will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.