**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Habstrakt said:

M_n_M said:

Just seen this on the announcement forum Post.
    kabam boo even said the key will be gone but the path will remain open so did that mean then that the chest will remain plot thickens 😂
    And someone questioned what would be the point of rerunning it.

People can rerun for more XP if they need it or to practice against those specific champions, or they're just bored waiting for energy
    You also have to think why would they ban for 7 Days and give 7 Extra keys throughout the entirety of the event
  • HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29
    SWORD78 said:

Habstrakt said:

M_n_M said:

Just seen this on the announcement forum Post.
    kabam boo even said the key will be gone but the path will remain open so did that mean then that the chest will remain plot thickens 😂
    And someone questioned what would be the point of rerunning it.

People can rerun for more XP if they need it or to practice against those specific champions, or they're just bored waiting for energy
    You also have to think why would they ban for 7 Days and give 7 Extra keys throughout the entirety of the event
    There's 7 extra keys so you can run additional difficultly and if you miss 7 days some how
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Nakuul said:

Nakuul said:

I think it's funny as all hell. It's called karma your alliance members should be banned and they know it. If they wanna cry about it maybe they shouldn't have exploited the path knowing that they shouldnt. Cry us a river and go cry to who cares

Not everyone 'exploited' it, there are genuine reasons some people ran it more than once. Not everything is as straightforward as that but you'd know if you took time to read the thread and not just come to laugh at others misfortune.
    Misfortune? You exploiters really think we're buying your story that "I didn't know!". You cheated and got caught. Deal with the consequences like an adult.
    You obvioisly didn't read what I wrote earlier on.
    As for taking it like an adult, the adult thing to do would be to look at it case by case and not assume everyone with the same punishment.
    Here's the thing. it's their game and they can punish as they see fit. If they choose to punish all exploiters uniformly, there's nothing any player can do about it. And it should prove the point that cheating will not be tolerated at all.
    Again, it is not cheating if the player did not know there was a bug. What that is is a mistake that is not the fault of the player.
    Kabam made the mistake.
    And I fully understand that some knew and openly bragged by posting pics and vids, 100% deserve to have those taken back but to punish everyone the same is ridiculous.

There is this thing called common sense. If there is some mode in the game that outside the official rules of the mode allows you to freely gain resource that are super rare very commonly then it is probably an exploit and you should stay away from it. It was so obvious that this was a bug that it was reported a lot with people scared of getting a ban.
  • youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★
    Stay mad
  • HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 170 ★★
    Lormif said:

Nakuul said:

Nakuul said:

I think it's funny as all hell. It's called karma your alliance members should be banned and they know it. If they wanna cry about it maybe they shouldn't have exploited the path knowing that they shouldnt. Cry us a river and go cry to who cares

Not everyone 'exploited' it, there are genuine reasons some people ran it more than once. Not everything is as straightforward as that but you'd know if you took time to read the thread and not just come to laugh at others misfortune.
    Misfortune? You exploiters really think we're buying your story that "I didn't know!". You cheated and got caught. Deal with the consequences like an adult.
    As for taking it like an adult, the adult thing to do would be to look at it case by case and not assume everyone with the same punishment.
    Here's the thing. it's their game and they can punish as they see fit. If they choose to punish all exploiters uniformly, there's nothing any player can do about it. And it should prove the point that cheating will not be tolerated at all.
    Again, it is not cheating if the player did not know there was a bug. What that is is a mistake that is not the fault of the player.
    Kabam made the mistake.
    And I fully understand that some knew and openly bragged by posting pics and vids, 100% deserve to have those taken back but to punish everyone the same is ridiculous.

There is this thing called common sense. If there is some mode in the game that outside the official rules of the mode allows you to freely gain resource that are super rare very commonly then it is probably an exploit and you should stay away from it. It was so obvious that this was a bug that it was reported a lot with people scared of getting a ban.
    You have seen the lack of understanding in the Kabam post regarding the paths, right? What part of how they phrased that made it clear that you should not run a path more than once?
    As far as running quests over and over for rewards, I do it often in the daily cat quests...

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

Nah, you exploit a bug you get a ban, that teaches people not to exploit bugs. If they do what you suggest there is no real punishment and you are free to keep exploiting in hopes you dont get caught. You cannot make a bug free game. In addition Boos comment is not about getting extra rewards, it is clearly just so that if it is open incase you need to back out, and you wont need the key to go back in.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Man this is giving me serious deja vu from the Spider-Man Homecoming event

Good on you Kabam for staying consistent with your sentiment for that I do fully support these bans as I also did when that issue happened. It was pretty obvious you shouldn't have gotten the rewards more then once so idk why people are acting like those who exploited the bug several times (the main ones who are getting punished might I add) are in the right. They are not.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

Let me guess, you want the bans to be easier so you can beat them?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike I completely understand removing the rewards from all the accounts who exploited the bug. But what’s banning them gonna do?? It was your goddamn bug. Take responsibility for it at least, apologize, and fix it. And remove all the excess rewards. Banning people does WAY more harm than good for an issue that you guys caused because of a problem in YOUR servers. This affects entire alliances. Let that sink in.
  • HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29

if you went back on the path and had eyes and noticed you got the reward again you would've stopped and reported it. It's both Kabam's and the communities fault, not one or the other. So stop acting like you did nothing wrong (dont know if you exploited just acting like you did though).
  • Sourav47007Sourav47007 Posts: 56
    I played a lot of games in my days and I can assure you playing around with a bug is pretty common and there is no wrong thing about it. Only wrong thing is that the developers launched the game without proper testing. People play games for fun and bugs and glitches are good source too, that's no punishable crime. Only thing wrong is some of us couldn’t take advantage of it and now we're behind in progression. Also some of us play hard and pay money for resources while others getting free resources. It's that wrong, yes. Are they doing wrong? NO! You have to understand there's a thin line between them. And please, let's be honest we all would've taken the opportunity if we could. This is a game, not a morality test. If they are taking back the resources(which they should) that's completely fine. But banning someone for it? Hell no. It's like they are punishing players for they're (Kabam) mistakes.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

That’s literally like putting the blame on someone else because you’re not strong enough to take it yourself. Just remove the goddamn extra rewards off everyone’s accounts. It was your bug. Take responsibility for it and fix it.

One of your new post went missing?

Lormif said:

Nakuul said:

Nakuul said:

Kabam made the mistake.

You have seen the lack of understanding in the Kabam post regarding the paths, right? What part of how they phrased that made it clear that you should not run a path more than once?
    As far as running quests over and over for rewards, I do it often in the daily cat quests...
    You can run it again, Boos statement does not state that you can repeatedly get the rewards, just that the path stays unlocked. The issue is that once you realized the rewards were
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

I played a lot of games in my days and I can assure you playing around with a bug is pretty common and there is no wrong thing about it. Only wrong thing is that the developers launched the game without proper testing. People play games for fun and bugs and glitches are good source too, that's no punishable crime. Only thing wrong is some of us couldn’t take advantage of it and now we're behind in progression. Also some of us play hard and pay money for resources while others getting free resources. It's that wrong, yes. Are they doing wrong? NO! You have to understand there's a thin line between them. And please, let's be honest we all would've taken the opportunity if we could. This is a game, not a morality test. If they are taking back the resources(which they should) that's completely fine. But banning someone for it? Hell no. It's like they are punishing players for they're (Kabam) mistakes.

I knew about the bug and chose not to exploit it.

But thank you - I now feel reassured that a random, obscure person from the internet has assured me it’s ok to exploit bugs.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    Well they aren't banned it's more like a suspension
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    So, 168hrs/7 days ban for all who abused it or people who did it like 2times are exempted?
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Bahubali said:

So, 168hrs/7 days ban for all who abused it or people who did it like 2times are exempted?

If you only did it twice yes you are exempt the people who did it multiple times are getting punished
This discussion has been closed.