**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    AprilMoon7AprilMoon7 Posts: 74
    Also miss the rewards for Summoner Appreciation.
  • Options
    M_n_MM_n_M Posts: 20
    I want to know are they removing the bug from every event where you can collect chests on completed paths
    You can get extra catalyst by repeating completed daily quests which is no difference really
    also not banned as haven’t even got the 1st key yet 😂 but know a few who have been banned

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    reverse said:

Kabam need to change itself before make decisions as tonight or make events one way, one reward, and close event.

It seems other ideas is a way to loose players ans to hard top launch by devs (and recognize the internal mistake).

Don't forger that messages can ne deleted without opening and don't seems to be contractuals.

Blame it on Kabam. I bet if you robbed a bank and you get caught you'd blame the bank for allowing it to happen.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    well you should know its a bug if Kabam is making the rewards that good rewards are already op and that ammount is just broken op better than aegon at 999999999999999999999 hit combo
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

IKON said:

This isn’t even the first time kabam have banned people for exploiting things... why you all acting so surprised.

Because it's inconsistent. If you want to use banning as a method of punishment for all violations of the TOS, then you can't excuse smaller instances of exploiting.
    This a complete and totally intellectually dishonest argument.

force closes aren't punished like this is because it's because it's gaining items and unlevelling the playing field. Saving 1 revive at the cost of half your health isn't comparable to gaining several AGs or thousands of 6* shards. I know that you know this.

We have real world examples as we, such as a misdemeanors and felonys, and different punishments even within the subgroups.

Even if we go down your road, it's well within Kabams rights to enforce the TOS as it sees fit.
    Force closing doesn't always take half your health. Even if it's minor, it's still a TOS violation.

I'm not disagreeing in that quitting out is on the same level as farming. However, both are still violations and should be treated as such.

I recognize that I have no say in how Kabam treated its violations, but all I can say is that the way they're doing things is messy.

My solution? Punish each and every instance of bug exploits, whether it be force-quitting, farming, character bug exploits, etc. Why should the smaller violations go unpunished?
    If we don't put jaywalkers in jail, we're hypocrites for putting murderers in jail, is your argument? That in your perfect world there's no room for judgment or discretion or practical considerations? Its just legal, or illegal, and nothing in between?
    That's a false interpretation of what I said.

Yes, murderers belong in jail because they committed a crime. However, jaywalkers shouldn't go to jail because their crime wasn't as big, however, they should still be punished since they committed a crime, hence a ticket or fine of some sort.

Violations are violations and they should all be punished unless there is a reasonable explanation as to why such a violation was committed.
    Except no municipality punishes all jaywalkers, even when the violation happens right in front of a police officer. I'll grant that I should have said that jaywalkers should be cited not jailed as a legal technicality, but the rest still stands. You're saying that all municipalities are hypocrites, because they don't stop and punish *all* violations of the law the moment they are witnessed, without regard to priority or practicality.

More directly, no municipality enforces the speed limit. Everyone knows the cops won't pull you over for doing 2 mph over the limit. But speeders do get tagged. So should their defense be that since the guy who was doing 57 in a 55 zone wasn't tagged, they shouldn't expect that doing 85 in a 55 zone would get him tagged?
    Hey, why not? If you want to enforce laws, why not enforce all violations of the law? Why should some people be let off while others aren't? Everyone should be punished, but with varying degrees of intensity of course.
    I'm perfectly fine with eliminating all discretion from the law. When I get to write all the laws. But until I ascend to become the god of law, I kind of doubt that even the players who got banned would want your legal system hanging over them.
  • Options
    Common sense say, if you can keep doing something & get rewards, then something is wrong & should stop & see what's up!
  • Options
    HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29
    I'm pretty sure most of us didn't read TOS, but it was easy to tell that you we're exploiting. In what game do you get to exploit without being punished. Please give me 1 example
  • Options
    HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 172 ★★
    KryxXD said:

You may be innocent and actually repeated that quest with no malicious intent, but some people will have similar excuses even when they intended to get more rewards. The problem is that Kabam really can't just make exceptions, because it is hard to know if they are actually innocent.

Imagine using that logic in a court of law, punish everyone the same because some of them might not be innocent...
  • Options
    NavieenNavieen Posts: 137 ★★
    No offence but out of this whole thing the biggest concern is about SA points, come on now. (PS I didn’t get banned because I didn’t exploit)
  • Options
    oMegaPashaoMegaPasha Posts: 8
    edited September 2020
    DNA3000 said:

Kabam make mistake and players maked a mistake too.

Kabam's employees and MCOC players are not answerable to each other. Some Kabam designer made a horrible mistake and they are answerable to their employer. Some MCOC players made a horrible mistake and they are answerable to the game operators. But Kabam's design error doesn't cancel out the players' exploit error.
    both of us have responsibility each other. if this "some employee" did his job greatly, there wasnt any problem. We made mistake too playing more than one more time but I still defend this punishment is so overreacted to maked firstly kabam mistake
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

DNA3000 said:

YEETguy said:

I was unaware that it was a violation of tos, in my experience most games just let you do the exploit until it’s patched.

This is so wild a statement that it is either a complete fabrication, or I'm not currently inhabiting the correct universe.
    In Injustice : gods among us mobile version there was a glitch not unlike where in Mcoc you tap your profile multiple times and it would keep appearing after you close it.

So for the price of one pack you could get multiple according to how responsive your device was. Obviously Android users were able to do it a lot. They patched it in the updates but neither punished not took away the items.
    I can think of all kinds of examples where exploits were not reversed, even in this game. But the implication was that this was the norm, not the exception, even for exploits with huge reward gains. And that's what I'm saying is absurd. A single counter example doesn't alter that statement. And I know for a fact that Injustice banned players in multiple situations for reward exploit violations. So that game does not just let you do whatever and look the other way until it is patched in general.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

NEIDER11 said:

I only got gold 3 times (~1.8mill ) and i was banned a week :'(

good
    C'mon man. 1.8 m good although high, does not deserve a week long ban. Especially since they'll take it away anyways
    No one said it had to be a lucrative exploit.
  • Options
    HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29

DNA3000 said:

Kabam's employees and MCOC players are not answerable to each other. Some Kabam designer made a horrible mistake and they are answerable to their employer. Some MCOC players made a horrible mistake and they are answerable to the game operators. But Kabam's design error doesn't cancel out the players' exploit error.
    both of us have responsobility each other. if this "some employee" did his job greatly, there wasnt any problem. We made mistake too playing more than one more time but I still defend this punishment is so overreacted to maked firstly kabam mistake
    Not there first mistake, people were banned for longer before due to kabam making a mistake. Humans make mistakes, it helps us learn. Kabam and there employee are not perfect at there job. Also, everyone who exploit deserved a ban, but in my opinion I think 1 week is a little long (Could've just taken away all extra rewards and just not let the player that exploited play the event){Except for the players that noticed this but DIDNT abuse it, and report it to Kabam.}
  • Options
    oMegaPashaoMegaPasha Posts: 8
    Habstrakt said:

DNA3000 said:

both of us have responsobility each other. if this "some employee" did his job greatly, there wasnt any problem. We made mistake too playing more than one more time but I still defend this punishment is so overreacted to maked firstly kabam mistake
    Not there first mistake, people were banned for longer before due to kabam making a mistake. Humans make mistakes, it helps us learn. Kabam and there employee are not perfect at there job. Also, everyone who exploit deserved a ban, but in my opinion I think 1 week is a little long (Could've just taken away all extra rewards and just not let the player that exploited play the event){Except for the players that noticed this but DIDNT abuse it, and report it to Kabam.}
    You're right bro, I'm defending this too. 1 week is long so long for this ban. They need some solution about that.
  • Options
    KingKevin8KingKevin8 Posts: 114 ★★
    IKON said:

If no employees are at a store, does it become OK to take the products?

That’s not the right analogy. A more accurate analogy would be if a store put the wrong price on an item would it be OK to buy 10 of that product....

P.S. I am not banned, just think Kabam should have to deal with messing up not punish people who take advantage of an opportunity
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

IKON said:

That’s not the right analogy. A more accurate analogy would be if a store put the wrong price on an item would it be OK to buy 10 of that product....

P.S. I am not banned, just think Kabam should have to deal with messing up not punish people who take advantage of an opportunity

IKON said:

Actually, it's more like a Donation Box that sells chocolate bars. $2 for a chocolate bar. Only, some people dropped their $2 and took 30.
  • Options
    DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Navieen said:

No offence but out of this whole thing the biggest concern is about SA points, come on now. (PS I didn’t get banned because I didn’t exploit)

Hey man they always talk about the balance, and what not... They already banned a few and took away their stuff... Directly or not it affects many aspects of the game
This discussion has been closed.