**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Skeletor8707Skeletor8707 Posts: 13
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
This is nonsense that a bug YOU didn’t fix and people used to take advantage of is banning people. I’m not banned but someone in my alliance is and is messed up our season. So I suffer because kabam made a mistake!!? Just take away the rewards WHY AM I BEING PUNISHED FOR THIS?? If this doesn’t get fixed I’m done with this game for good. [Removed by Mod]
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    edited September 2020
    I dont think any players should be punished or banned but the sheer crazy volume of reward disparity means that somehow (maybe by reverting the game state to 12 hours back), rewards have to be taken back from the players who abused the glitch. Because I mean, something like 30 Awakening gems is too much to allow players to keep
    Midnite93 said:

Yes but 31 awakening gems? Nope I doubt anyone will have time to collect that many lol

I've heard the max (claimed) people did was around 20+ rounds of the platpool route. Not sure if any1 did that many of awakening gem or the 1000 6 star, 7500 5 star route but if they did, that would be like 2 full 6 star crystals and 20! 5 star crystals

ddom said:

Panther76 said:

How would the roll back even work, what if people have done other content like the EQ, the boss rush, act content etc.

I think all this would be reversed. In exchange, Kabam could give all players a fat compensation. maybe something like the contents of the monthly event quest cavalier difficulty special deal.
    that’s like over 100$ worth of stuff and kabams gonna give u it for free over a fairly small bug? nice joke
    maybe not so much. Actually, I think waht would be fair would jsut be energy refills and maybe some health potions/revives, so that people who completed stuff like EQ, boss rush, etc have energy to redo
  • Panther76Panther76 Posts: 4
    ddom said:

Panther76 said:

How would the roll back even work, what if people have done other content like the EQ, the boss rush, act content etc.

I think all this would be reversed. In exchange, Kabam could give all players a fat compensation. maybe something like the contents of the monthly event quest cavalier difficulty special deal.
    hmm idk about that just dont see that happening people would riot especially those that didn't even exploit the bug or were not even aware of it. plus AQ and AW would be all messed up. not sure what they will do but its nearly impossible to do a rollback
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    tbis is a hard thing to resolve in general, there were probably quite a few players that exploited so suspending them all or removing the benefits they gained would take quite a while because they need to take account of other progress they’ve made and not deduct everything. if they rolled out a compensation then the players that exploited would benefit even more so the rich get richer. same thing with more entrances, if they rewarded extra lockers then the exploit players would still get richer
    Bahubali said:
    this seems fair i guess. Kabam can actively see how much a player benefited and give an appropriate penalty like perhaps 1 day ban for every 2 extra times a player exploited. so a player who got like 10 awakening gems would be banned for 5 days
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ddom said:

Bahubali said:
    this seems fair i guess. Kabam can actively see how much a player benefited and give an appropriate penalty like perhaps 1 day ban for every 2 extra times a player exploited. so a player who got like 10 awakening gems would be banned for 5 days
    Slap anyone that heavily exploited it with a 2 week ban. Make sure they don't get the last 2 weeks of the Summoner Appreciation Calendar. Thats 2 weeks of War if they do it as well. 2 weeks of arena if they do that. 2 weeks of AQ.

Seems reasonable to me.
    something like this I would agree with. I wonder where they draw the line tho, and if they'll listen to people who did maybe 5 and said they didn't know.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,925 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Reverting the accounts history to a state just before the release of the side event is the most efficient way to remove the items.

Yea yeah, people did content within that time, but losing out on that doesn’t even compare to the inflation of game resources caused by taking advantage of the bug.

Keep in mind people actually spent 2k units on the AG selector we had recently. Compare that to those that cashed in on a bunch of free AGs.

It’s just a spit in the face of people that spend or grind to earn their stuff. Kabam needs to understand this and honestly most of the people that are arguing against this have probably taken advantage of the bug themselves but just dont want to speak up.

What if someone got a 5* doom out of a crystal in that time? Something account changing and you reverted it for them because you want life to be perfectly fair. Sometime people get ahead because of mistakes. It is not anybody’s fault that this happened, but a server reset would screw with a ton of people who just don’t care about other people’s progression. It is not a multiplayer combat game. Them getting a little extra rewards to play with doesn’t hurt you in the slightest.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    no accounts will be banned as it was unintentional and not known about and Kabam made a accident so all the people who got extra stuff you can call that compensation for all the people who didn't their will probably be free crates
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,925 ★★★★★
    And also, the game has infinite units that you can’t trade with other people. There is literally no way to ruin the economy of the game
This discussion has been closed.