**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    ddom said:

Panther76 said:

How would the roll back even work, what if people have done other content like the EQ, the boss rush, act content etc.

I think all this would be reversed. In exchange, Kabam could give all players a fat compensation. maybe something like the contents of the monthly event quest cavalier difficulty special deal.
    No amount of compensation is gonna make up for the time that I spent doing that content. I wouldn’t trade 3 6* nexuses in exchange of losing progress on the content I did in that time period.
  • Noobking_01Noobking_01 Posts: 91

ddom said:

Panther76 said:

How would the roll back even work, what if people have done other content like the EQ, the boss rush, act content etc.

I think all this would be reversed. In exchange, Kabam could give all players a fat compensation. maybe something like the contents of the monthly event quest cavalier difficulty special deal.
    that’s like over 100$ worth of stuff and kabams gonna give u it for free over a fairly small bug? nice joke
    Small bug!? Mate people where getting a years supply of 5* ags from this is wouldn’t call that small
  • Noobking_01Noobking_01 Posts: 91
    Varad18 said:

Stop Being Jealous Guys! 🤣

Never
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Is everyone just forgetting that when they changed MD they were able to accurately refund everyone the cost of the cores they used, and that was across the entire game. I'm pretty sure they can narrow down who farmed the side quest and revoke the excess rewards and dish out punishment if they deem necessary. Not sure why people seem to think either they make out with the exploit rewards or the entire game for everyone hits the rewind button.

I mentioned it in another thread but I had Lagacy completion run on while I was doing some of the new Cav EQ and this came up and someone commented worrying about punishment because they farmed 33 AGs while it was up. Think about that, 33 AGs is probably more than has been available to a single player in the games entire run from all sources, and someone got that in a two hour span. It's safe to assume that individual isn't the only one who hit it big this way. It's crazy to think something like that can be allowed to stand.

I'm not advocating bans or anything in form of punishment (even though it seems deserved in these extreme cases) but letting this sort of exploitation stand disincentives people from paying for stuff when they see others exploit a mistake and be rewarded for doing so.

Holy Sh*T 33 AGs.
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    edited September 2020
    ddom said:

Panther76 said:

nah man i just completed 6.3 today and im not tryna fight that capiw boss again for the next few years. and even if i didnt i would be against rolling the game back cos i dont think we should be relying on compensation as a solution to everything. The people who exploited the bug should either have those rewards removed or be banned, even if it requires more effort, cos imo kabam should be working hard at minimising mistakes rather than just using comp to fix things.
  • Let's be realistic, if any of us knew about the bug we would probably have attempted to do the same path again to. I don't think that Kabam should take away what these players got since it was a mistake on Kabam's part (I'm not hating), but I am hopeful for compensation due to this delay as well as other delays I have had in this game such as the fact that the wifi takes a long time to load than on other games that I play.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    why not just give those who didn't use the glitch 20 more runs and then we are settled
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    cough cough *5 20 choice 6 star nexus please* cough cough
  • SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    zeezee57 said:

Is everyone just forgetting that when they changed MD they were able to accurately refund everyone the cost of the cores they used, and that was across the entire game. I'm pretty sure they can narrow down who farmed the side quest and revoke the excess rewards and dish out punishment if they deem necessary. Not sure why people seem to think either they make out with the exploit rewards or the entire game for everyone hits the rewind button.

I mentioned it in another thread but I had Lagacy completion run on while I was doing some of the new Cav EQ and this came up and someone commented worrying about punishment because they farmed 33 AGs while it was up. Think about that, 33 AGs is probably more than has been available to a single player in the games entire run from all sources, and someone got that in a two hour span. It's safe to assume that individual isn't the only one who hit it big this way. It's crazy to think something like that can be allowed to stand.

I'm not advocating bans or anything in form of punishment (even though it seems deserved in these extreme cases) but letting this sort of exploitation stand disincentives people from paying for stuff when they see others exploit a mistake and be rewarded for doing so.

I agree. There have been plenty of situations that showed that they have the capability to isolate a ton of different variables from players accounts. They get a ton of data and you're telling me you can't differentiate from people who ran the event a few times vs those that actively exploited it by running it 30+ times?
  • Shift_exeShift_exe Posts: 21
    This guy salty af😂😂😂
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    There was a similar issue years ago where completing a quest in the monthly EQ gave out a full t4b every time (back when those were a big deal). My ally mate got 30, they ended up being taken away and he was given a one week ban for “running an exploit”.
This discussion has been closed.