**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why do I have to choose abyss nexus immediately

So 100% abyss gets you two T5CC’s and three 6*’s but before being able to open all that you have to choose a class for your nexus crystal?

Let’s pause on the T5CC for a second, you’re telling me before I know what class of T5CC I get I need to choose a class for my 6*? Then kabam wants to have the condition that thronebreaker is only for those that R3 a champ yet they don’t think through big details like this one that further amplifies RNG needed to have a worthy R3.

The fact that someone can 100% act 6, 100% abyss and still have a chance at no R3 worthy champ because of RNG needed to get a worthy champ and the class crystal for them is insane. I know this is a topic that’s already discussed but I wanted to add in the other detail about needing to choose a class for the nexus crystal right away - should definitely change that choice to post opening the other rewards OR give a T5CC selector.

End Rant.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,737 ★★★★★
    Because that's what the tech in the game allows you to do at this moment, and is the intended way to behave
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    That ship has already sailed; carried on the winds of a 18 page thread. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/203616/abyss-rewards-update-merged-threads/p18

P.S. choose a crystal that gives you the best chance of a champion you’ll like; the t5cc will come sooner than later if you are playing the game at that level.
  • airmundoairmundo Posts: 145

That ship has already sailed; carried on the winds of a 18 page thread. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/203616/abyss-rewards-update-merged-threads/p18

P.S. choose a crystal that gives you the best chance of a champion you’ll like; the t5cc will come sooner than later if you are playing the game at that level.

All the while I miss out on the daily crystals that give a chance at 10k 6* shards. I’m not a spender so fully forming my T5CC’s won’t come until act 7 probably - 10% of a certain class each month is no where near enough to get fully formed crystals soon.

Thanks for sending the thread though - what it doesn’t merge is the now thronebreaker title so kabam ignores everyone’s issues with not knowing their rewards before picking a class then they add a condition for better rewards if you R3 a champ.

They’ve done a lot over the past two months to better position this game for a lot of folks. At the same time they ignore details like this that look small on the surface but are actually a big deal to a lot of the community. I know the class nexus is huge and much better then what was previously just shards but they just need to be more logical on fine tuning the details.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    airmundo said:

All the while I miss out on the daily crystals that give a chance at 10k 6* shards. I’m not a spender so fully forming my T5CC’s won’t come until act 7 probably - 10% of a certain class each month is no where near enough to get fully formed crystals soon.

Thanks for sending the thread though - what it doesn’t merge is the now thronebreaker title so kabam ignores everyone’s issues with not knowing their rewards before picking a class then they add a condition for better rewards if you R3 a champ.

They’ve done a lot over the past two months to better position this game for a lot of folks. At the same time they ignore details like this that look small on the surface but are actually a big deal to a lot of the community. I know the class nexus is huge and much better then what was previously just shards but they just need to be more logical on fine tuning the details.
    1) the intent of the abyss crystal is to give players a strong chance at a champion they’ll be happy with. It is purposefully kept in front of the t5cc so that the t5cc does not influence the decision.

2) forming t5cc has nothing to do with spending and everything to do with playing the game at a certain level. I don’t spend on t5cc, I play for t5cc and have now formed 1 of every class in my time playing. Claiming f2p has anything to do with t5cc is little more than an excuse used for the entitled to put themselves in the power position of a victim.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,906 ★★★★★
    I actually agree with you, I don’t think you should have to decide immediately. But using Thronebreaker as the reasoning for it is asinine.

If you have 100% abyss, then you have necessarily completed a single path and therefore have at least one t5cc from that. I am assuming you did not sit on it until you did 100%, as that would make you an actual crazy person. You also have likely 100% act 6 and other content to form another one or maybe even two t5cc, but that’s not guaranteed so I won’t factor that in here.

Let’s say the t5cc you got from completion is for a class you did not have a good 6* for, so you don’t yet have an r3 champ. Then you have your answer for which nexus class you should choose.

For example, I am sitting on a tech t5cc. I am waiting to 100% abyss until Guardian hits the basic pool so that I have an increased chance of getting a great tech champion, and I am going to pick the tech nexus (the texus?) crystal. I am not in a particular hurry because I already have Thronebreaker, but the point is that I know what class I’m choosing because I already have the resources on hand, like you necessarily would by 100%ing abyss.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,796 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I actually agree with you, I don’t think you should have to decide immediately. But using Thronebreaker as the reasoning for it is asinine.

If you have 100% abyss, then you have necessarily completed a single path and therefore have at least one t5cc from that. I am assuming you did not sit on it until you did 100%, as that would make you an actual crazy person. You also have likely 100% act 6 and other content to form another one or maybe even two t5cc, but that’s not guaranteed so I won’t factor that in here.

Let’s say the t5cc you got from completion is for a class you did not have a good 6* for, so you don’t yet have an r3 champ. Then you have your answer for which nexus class you should choose.

For example, I am sitting on a tech t5cc. I am waiting to 100% abyss until Guardian hits the basic pool so that I have an increased chance of getting a great tech champion, and I am going to pick the tech nexus (the texus?) crystal. I am not in a particular hurry because I already have Thronebreaker, but the point is that I know what class I’m choosing because I already have the resources on hand, like you necessarily would by 100%ing abyss.

Think they could call it the Texas Crystal. Because everything’s bigger in Texas
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Think they could call it the Texas Crystal. Because everything’s bigger in Texas
    everything you say?
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★

Wicket329 said:

everything you say?
    yes, everything. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • As pointed out, this conversation has been answered multiple times before. We do not have any plans to change this at this time.
This discussion has been closed.