**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Human Torch in the Current Meta

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
I’m unfamiliar with the champ but I just pulled him as a five star. I had the resources to immediately take him to Rank 4 and he just destroyed RoL Wolverine in 64 hits!

I’m very excited to take him to Rank 5 but I just wanted to hear experienced Torch players on his uses in the current Meta.

Also, any advice is appreciated. I think I have the gist of his playstyle - M,L,M. Charge heavy to get 20 Smulders. Special 2, rinse and repeat.

Human Torch in the Current Meta 173 votes

He is a Top 10 Champ - I use him daily
59%
DeeparviBitterSteelMr_PlatypusDocmottsHeheheh7777LuciusVorenusDuo_KulioDestroyer123WardenclockDarkrider05Uncle_Fatty_247YoMovesQuikPik16wegnerkSandeepSReferencercm2017Ech238MastercrisNewman0067 103 votes
He provides very specific utility - I don’t use him all the time but he is a great resource to have when he’s needed
35%
zuffyTheVyrusnameplasNojokejaymHammerbro_64Warlord5386HomerJBondGoddessIliasZuko_ILCReverend_RuckusspaceoctopusAleorRockyshockyDenzel116Ik08Wine_LoverDenslo500RockypantherxSidDDragonQacob 61 votes
He’s good but overrated - I rarely use him
5%
Spity68Kingchief0_CassySpurgeon14PrathapBattle_GreninjaShinobiGuyKill_GreyPtkVasco 9 votes

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

He’s great. Insane burst down when needed. And feels great to play. Maybe not top 10 in the game, but I could see top 20

He’s definitely top 5 science. I’d personally put him at number 4
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    He's always on my attack team. Also one of my favorite champs to play.
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    In every content, I bring him.
    He is too op.

I personally like champions who can do lot more with their basic attacks instead of tedious rampup.
    Also, energy champions(mystic) are tricky to deal with and he is the perfect answer for them.

Even his rampup is easy to do and maintain.
    I love him.
    I can not imagine myself doing any content without him.
    I am being biassed here.😅
  • BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    He provides very specific utility - I don’t use him all the time but he is a great resource to have when he’s needed
    He was my 5th R5, and till now, when there is mystic (or energy champ) in path, HT goes on and obliterates.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    There’s a reason why you see a lot of people bring human torch to war
  • SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
    Third best science champ. Any champs that deal energy attacks is butter for him.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Solid champ. OP in his matchups.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    2nd best Science champ behind Quake for me.
    Cap IW & Void may cover more ground with their utility but where Torch shines he's incredibly effective.
    And believe me, he shines in A LOT of places.
  • TheLegionMasterTheLegionMaster Posts: 380 ★★★

He's one of my favorite champs! So long as the opponent isn't Incinerate immune, he can usually do well, though you may need to change what part of his kit you focus on to keep his Temperature up depending on his opponent. If I can safely Parry-Stun, I'll focus on charging his Heavy a bit more; if not, I'll focus on building Temperature with hi Specials. Most matches I can do both safely, but it is good to know when you need to focus on one over the other.

He's great for nodes that benefit from a lot of Debuffs, like Diss Track, but his pre-fight also lets him handle fights that punish Debuffs with relative safety, since his Nova Flames are Passive Effects. Also he's obviously great for getting around opponents who normally make you Miss. Just make sure not to let him get a Bleed on him or those Incinerates will be much shorter.

I wholeheartedly agree. I have a rank 5 awakened 5* Human Torch, as well as a rank 1 6* Human Torch. Both champs are lane clearing machines, and turn Mystic champions into melted butter. If you encounter an incinerate immune champion, like Void, Iceman, or Mephisto, you can activate his pre-fight ability to bypass their immunity. He’s been crucial to my story mode exploration. Take him to rank 5 immediately!
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    He is one those champ that is a must rank up.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    He’s good but overrated - I rarely use him
    Most of the time I see people (Lags) use him for Mojo as the great counter. I will admit he’s good in general against mystics, but when it comes to Mojo counters (and dormammu) it’s red guardian. He can’t get buffs, he can’t be degenned.

I for sure took my guardian to r5 first.

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    I opened a lot of science/mystic dual crystals for him or void and took him to r5 within 20 minutes of pulling him(always had everything ready to r5 either of them) and he is awesome either as a mystic/energy attack slayer or as a 1 time use champ with his prefight and this niche is what I needed him for and almost anyone with a sizeable roster lucky enough to pull him would have him ranked up for that specific purpose
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Combine the first two poll answers.

I personally would NEVER choose to use him in matchups where I won't be able to build smoulders easily. So in that aspect he is a bit more specific and often not on my questing team.

However, in the matchups where he works, he WORKS. Absolutely insane. I love that he is more niche (if you can even call him that with the pretty large portion of champions he melts) because it allows him to be so ridiculously OP, more than kabam would ever allow a champion to be if they were like that all the time. (Other than quake and ghost but we'll leave them out of the picture)

For that reason I would class him as probably a top 10 champion and definitely top 3, maybe top 2 science.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Whenever I face mystic champ (e.g. cav mangog), I think of HT.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    HT is absolutely incredible
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    Great champ to have at max rank.
    Still a great champ to use:
    •Even with suicides
    •Even against non-mystics
    •Even against non-energy defenders
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

He's one of my favorite champs! So long as the opponent isn't Incinerate immune, he can usually do well, though you may need to change what part of his kit you focus on to keep his Temperature up depending on his opponent. If I can safely Parry-Stun, I'll focus on charging his Heavy a bit more; if not, I'll focus on building Temperature with hi Specials. Most matches I can do both safely, but it is good to know when you need to focus on one over the other.

He's great for nodes that benefit from a lot of Debuffs, like Diss Track, but his pre-fight also lets him handle fights that punish Debuffs with relative safety, since his Nova Flames are Passive Effects. Also he's obviously great for getting around opponents who normally make you Miss. Just make sure not to let him get a Bleed on him or those Incinerates will be much shorter.

The other thing is even if they are incinerate immune you can just use your prefight on them, since nobody in the game is immune to the nova flames.
    Very true! That's part of why I usually bring him on my team when I'm getting a feel for a new piece of content. There's (usually) not more than one Incinerate immune champ in a path, so even if I run into one, he isn't completely shut down. If there's none of that in a path to worry about, I usually save the pre-fight for burning down as much of the boss's health bar as possible.
    Ngl, sometimes i forget the mods play the game too. Thats awesome! I bring my torch on every team for new content or messing around. That guy solod so much abyss it is crazy. His damage potential vs mystics is massive.