**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Shang Chi Infinite Combo

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,171 ★★★★★

How is it abuse when you are using the abilities exactly as described in the text?

Is using Torch's pre-fight to melt mystics a cheat code that should be nerfed? What about Storm as a Horseman. Prof X with a mutant power boost? Cosmic Ghost Rider, Ghost, Quake -- all of these champs have abilities that make them crush content.

My advice: try to have some fun with this game and don't take things so seriously. If some players beat The Abyss because they used Shang-chi, then good for them. It won't change a thing about you, your roster, or your progression.

It's an abuse based on how this game has been designed till now. Nobody is saying the players are exploiting a bug. The champ is working perfectly normal according to the abilities.

The issue is that it is too OP. Remember, this is a game that had to nerf a champ because she could chain a heavy from a 5 hit combo. And nerfed a champ because it could chain heavy in the corner
    FWIW, that was an unintended interaction not part of SH's abilities.
  • AlexMeyersAlexMeyers Posts: 25

How is it abuse when you are using the abilities exactly as described in the text?

Is using Torch's pre-fight to melt mystics a cheat code that should be nerfed? What about Storm as a Horseman. Prof X with a mutant power boost? Cosmic Ghost Rider, Ghost, Quake -- all of these champs have abilities that make them crush content.

My advice: try to have some fun with this game and don't take things so seriously. If some players beat The Abyss because they used Shang-chi, then good for them. It won't change a thing about you, your roster, or your progression.

It's an abuse based on how this game has been designed till now. Nobody is saying the players are exploiting a bug. The champ is working perfectly normal according to the abilities.

The issue is that it is too OP. Remember, this is a game that had to nerf a champ because she could chain a heavy from a 5 hit combo. And nerfed a champ because it could chain heavy in the corner
    What's fwiw? Also, most interactions in the game aren't "intended" by devs. They're found by players. And Kabam changes those that are too powerful. Reference the Planetary might boosts. They were intended to have the 90% armour break but it was too powerful and was changed.

Same applies for Shang Chi

What's fwiw? Also, most interactions in the game aren't "intended" by devs. They're found by players. And Kabam changes those that are too powerful. Reference the Planetary might boosts. They were intended to have the 90% armour break but it was too powerful and was changed.

Same applies for Shang Chi
    For What It's Worth, SC's abilities were pretty clear when I read them. SP1 repeats last strike. Not sure how the devs could have been any clearer about this.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

It's an abuse based on how this game has been designed till now. Nobody is saying the players are exploiting a bug. The champ is working perfectly normal according to the abilties.

Well then when does a champ become "too OP"? I watch plenty of YTers use Quake to do nothing more than wiggle around for two minutes until the fight is over.
    They were too deep in with quake to change her.
    Plus, I believe the developer who made quake didn’t even realise she could be used like that. I don’t have a source for that so take it with a pinch of salt but it’s a bit of an urban legend about 2016 MCOC
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    The whole shang-chi infinite stun combo is insane even if says repeats last combo but make it forbid the stun as no way this can continue on players with 4 star shang-chi can cheese pretty much every cosmic champ but cmm but only need a mystic but u can go path 1 to path 2 or bring someone for cyclops since only mutants it wont work on but this needs to be addressed before arena starts up again
  • Negative0Negative0 Posts: 9
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but if you would hit the opponent with an SP1 but they are knocked down, the stun still applies. This means if the opponent is in the corner, you can launch an SP1 IMMEDIATELY after your heavy and continue the stunlock, giving the infinite combo even better consistency. This has been the case for me, at the very least.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I recall someone saying that it used to be the case that you couldn't dex until an animation was over, and that was changed at some point, which opened the door for Quake to be played this way.
  • GercasGercas Posts: 100 ★★
    Just imagine Quake being release today, people posting she can win fights without touching the opponent asking to change her. He does what his abilities enable him to do
    If Kabam changes this they're gonna have to roll out a lot of compensation, which I doubt they want to do. All those players scoring 125 million-plus, along with the many who didn't make the cut, spent a ton of units trying to get a champ with the ability description as it is right now. Also there were featured cavs and the early access bundle that players bought, based on the accurately described abilities.
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    increasing push-back from heavy attack and reducing range of sp1 so that it doesn't connect in the corner after heavy should fix this right?
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    If they modified She Hulk’s heavy attack chain from combo, this is a million times worse. You can effectively ignore 70% of content with how he is set up now.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Talking about quake, you need both skill and concentration to bring up the cheese. Plus quaking all those 400K+ hp gives enough brain strains. You all continue tho.