**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ Time Out Issue

2»

Comments

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    I don't have a video but this happened to me on Day 3 of Map 8 AQ this week. I went into the Sp2099 final boss using Ebony Maw (who had near full health). I took a little bit of chip damage here or there but took off about 85% of Sp2099s health off. I didn't pause the game or anything, just legitimately used all 5:30 worth of the timer fighting. When it timed out, it showed 0 points earned (no biggie, this happens sometimes but points are still earned) but when I got back to the map, Sp2099 was still full health, no points earned, and my Ebony Maw was half health of what I originally started.
  • demboyz16demboyz16 Posts: 37
    Just had this issue against nebula mini boss in map 4
  • DKnzDKnz Posts: 9
    Wilks said:

If you’re looking for the cause, I believe it would be something like this:

I guess you could do 15 minute matches. That means anyone that wants to use the "timeout" method would have to wait a long time to do it.
    The other option is that you lose 50% of your remaining health and the defender gains 50% of their remaining health.
  • BlackFeathBlackFeath Posts: 8
    I hope something is done to fix this...increasing the timeout is fine (but at least by a few minutes), taking it back as it was too...

I don't think it is acceptable how it is now :(

There are some boss fights that you just can't finish in the given timeout...especially if you fight before taking down all the nodes...

What should you do in this case? Give up just before the timeout so that your champ goes k.o. but at least you take down some of the boss life?

It seems the only solution right now for me u.u But you end up consuming revives without a legit reason.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/ygW22m6MvL0
    there is a video where it's not just a sp3, but the fight just ends normally and the defender goes back to 100% and i go down to 50%
  • Our alliance is doing map seven and had a player item out on their lane.

We now can not take the boss linked within the time frame allotted for the fight.

In the past we have always been able to take down a linked boss via time outs and careful fighting.

And there is just silence instead of acknowledging the change and what is going to happen moving in.

PLEASE CLARIFY FOR US SO WE KNOW IF THIS IS THE EXPECTATION MOVING FORWARD

As it will for sure change the outcome of whether or not we will continue playing the game.
  • Just wanted to let everyone know that the team's still working on options for a fix for this. Once we have more info on this or when it could be ready to implement, we'll make sure to update everyone.
  • Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★

Just wanted to let everyone know that the team's still working on options for a fix for this. Once we have more info on this or when it could be ready to implement, we'll make sure to update everyone.

Any update on this? Would be nice to know before tomorrow in order to be prepared for this week of AQ.
  • Chrismmm00Chrismmm00 Posts: 12

This is today 4/23/2022.. I beat this Groot twice. First time straight up, gives me zero points.. second time it timed out and he has full health again..
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Timed out in map6 today and enemy lost 0 health and I took the 1/2 health penalty.
    Any news on this? I got another time out in aq today against Human Torch u.u He still went to 100% of health and my Quake to 50%... It's so annoying...
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

Well, it's not actually true the 'You won the fight and scored zero points' thing in my case, at least... I hadn't won, but I had taken Human Torch's life under 30%...I had also lost quite a bit of life with Quake, I was maybe at 15%...but after the timeout, Human Torch's life went back to 100% (as it was before the fight), and Quake's life to 50% (I had started the fight with Quake at 100% as well).

To prevent the timeout against Thanos today I ended up starting the fight with another character. I took something like 30% life out of him, then when the timeout was approaching (10s until it would have occurred), I gave up the fight...in this way my character went K.O., but at least the damage I had made to Thanos remained and I was able to finish it off with another character...

Still...it's very much annoying...using this tactic can be a waste of potions and revives...but I don't see another option when you can't wait for all the nodes powering the boss to be taken out until they fix this :(
  • MD_MoizMD_Moiz Posts: 39
    It has happened to me twice in the AW, i fought the boss and his health was 2% and timed out, then again he got his health back at 100%, i tried with different champ and thankfully I recorded it, same thing happened again, i lost attack bonuses on the NODE and the Boss regained his 100% health back, this is not fair, if my alliance is going to loose a War because of this issue, we'll fall in the Season Rewards bracket, please respond @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Ryguy5o5Ryguy5o5 Posts: 5
    This actually happened to one of our BGs in War.
  • NeoVampyrNeoVampyr Posts: 28
    Still no news ?
  • Hey there, the team has found a fix that should resolve this issue and are working out the final details to implement it. We are aiming to have the fix implemented by early next week and will update as more info gets locked in or if anything changes..

Hey there, the team has found a fix that should resolve this issue and are working out the final details to implement it. We are aiming to have the fix implemented by early next week and will update as more info gets locked in or if anything changes..

@Kabam Zibiit some news about the fix ?
  • Noodes_Noodes_ Posts: 113
    Will this fix apply to the same problem in AW as well?
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Ciedre said:

Hey there, the team has found a fix that should resolve this issue and are working out the final details to implement it. We are aiming to have the fix implemented by early next week and will update as more info gets locked in or if anything changes..

I got a small question about this. You say this is a bug, but the guy that replies to petitions said it was an intended change, so who's right?
    If you mean you filed a support ticket and got that response I would say the support agents usually have no idea what they are talking about and give out wrong info frequently. Kabam mods don't like it when we talk about support and usually close or delete posts about it but there have been many posts in the past with wrong info having been given by support agents.
    Has the fix been released with the new update?
    Hope to have an answer soon ...
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    edited May 2022
    AKS_0 said:

After a fight is timed out my attacker is KO’d and the defender goes back to full health in AQ Map 6: This happened three times today for me on iOS. Is anyone having the same issue ?..

I have the same issue in SQ when the "internet error" pops up...edit: sorry this was regarding AQ, but I can't delete this post.
    edited May 2022
    I ended up testing it myself in AQ 5 today against Thanos, and I can say that it seems now to be fixed =)

My champion's life was halved compared to what it was when the timeout occurred, but the damage I had made to Thanos remained.

So I believe it was restored to how it was before the bug.

Thank you, that's much better =)