**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Offer is back for everyone

Comments

• DeejDeej Posts: 108 β˜…

Deej said:

It's not a pro-player move because now that I think about it, act 7 exploration rewards should include at least one full catalyst of each (tier 6 basic, tier 3 alpha)
    A pro-player move would be to buff the act 7 exploration rewards. It wouldn't get everyone to paragon but it would be more fair.

they're charging 10,000 units because completion/exploration rewards are not enough to bring up a 6 star to rank 4 on their own
    So this whole thing is a mess.

Act 7 exploration includes a rank up gem. Everyone can r4 a champ after exploring.
    oh oops hahahahahah
  • JayakrishnaJayakrishna Posts: 9 β˜…
    @Kabam Miike I explored act 7 before April 24th and I was eligible for 10k offer. But I didn't purchased it for first time. But now I brought it just few mins back. Can you please clarify whether this 10k offer will be re-enabled for 3rd time on later dates.

Your response is much appreciated.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Why do u keep doing this, Kabam!!
    Stop tempting me with these offers!!
    And to make matters worse, u can only pick 1!!
    U mind as well as me to choose between my liver and kidneys!!
    I...can't...decide...

But I must and I will.
    😫
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    People spend in the game. It’s a fact, it keeps the game running, it is what it is..so either spend your life in arena for units or pay to play, if you can…. If you can’t it’s not kabamms fault and they don’t owe you the same experience in mcoc as someone who spends.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,302 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

Zeraphan said:

I will point out that this entire exercise was a "pro-player move".

Had it been done correctly yes, it would have been.
    Are people not able to go back and purchase it to work towards Paragon? Seems to me the issue stems from the fact that some got an inadvertent benefit and not the gesture itself.
    The only reason they delayed it so many days is to get it right and sort through the data and send it only to those that passed up the offer. I can understand if the offer went out inadvertently to everyone who completed act 7 but they sent it basically to everyone initially. Even people who are cavalier. Thats actually a big time mess up. Care to explain how this happened? They might as well have sent this offer 2 weeks ago.
    A human being made an error.
    Very convenient!! Dont you think?
    For me, yes. For him, not so much.
    Are you suggesting someone might get fired or maybe get a raise 😈
  • DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

Zeraphan said:

Are people not able to go back and purchase it to work towards Paragon? Seems to me the issue stems from the fact that some got an inadvertent benefit and not the gesture itself.
    The only reason they delayed it so many days is to get it right and sort through the data and send it only to those that passed up the offer. I can understand if the offer went out inadvertently to everyone who completed act 7 but they sent it basically to everyone initially. Even people who are cavalier. Thats actually a big time mess up. Care to explain how this happened? They might as well have sent this offer 2 weeks ago.
    They are at the very least getting a fruit basket from Hawaii.
    I'm sold
    DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

Zeraphan said:

They are at the very least getting a fruit basket from Hawaii.
    Add a round trip and a luxury stay at Hawaii to eat those fruits and we can say thats good enough for this human error.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Vance2_jr said:

That something like this happens is totally absurd. Are there any checks and balances at kabam?

Happens frequently……
    https://www.businessinsider.com/citigroup-accidental-wire-transfer-payment-design-interface-oracle-flexcube-2021-2
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I hesitate to take the offer I am at 12.7k unit. If the 4th of July is bad with the new title it's fine but if it's very good I'm going to regret having taken it now..

I hesitate to take the offer I am at 12.7k unit. If the 4th of July is bad with the new title it's fine but if it's very good I'm going to regret having taken it now..

You can be assured that the 4th of July offers for paragon will be infinitely better than for thronebreakers.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Whats annoying is that I am grinding for units and deliberately holding off on 7.4 until I can afford the offer.

I don't care that some are able to get it twice now but I think the only fair way to equalise it for everyone is to allow it to be purchased twice at the end of 7.4 for those who didnt purchase today.
  • Rockys3Rockys3 Posts: 5 β˜…
    @Kabam Miike People who got the offer after initially completing act 7 got the chance to get the bundle twice.
    People who did not complete act 7 till now got it once and will again get a chance when they complete it. So they will be also getting 2 chances of getting the bundle
    The only way to make it fair for everyone is to re- offer this bundle to people who did not pick up after their initial clear.
    This is the only way all players will get 2 opportunities to get this offer after they had the knowledge about paragon requirements and will keep everyone on a level playing field.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Well, this is pretty much the reaction I was expecting.

Personally I think that the solution chosen was probably the only workable solution.

Like @DNA3000 says, a mistake was made by someone human in Kabam.

It offered a potential benefit to the players, whether they were spenders or hoarders.

And yes, it was fundamentally unfair.

But given the complexity of rectifying the situation, almost any solution was going to be unfair, too. Leaving the accidental offer open for 24 hrs isn't a great solution. But it was probably the least worst solution, since it's even-handedly unfair to all players.

Sure Kabam could have just taken down the offer and not brought it back. But news like this travels very fast, and there will clearly be r4 champions tonight that weren't around this morning. But those r4 champions wouldn't have been evenly spread around the world, since it was the middle of the night in some places when this offer accidentally ran.

And the the real unfairness of this offer wasn't because of spenders Vs FTP, or because of who happened to have 10,000 units on tap. That's just luck, and it'll even out amongst the players, worldwide.

The real unfairness is the this is an international game, and Alliances in some time zones were asleep when this happened.

A short-lived offer for half an hour or so potentially gave Alliances that caught wind of the mistake a completely unfair advantage in the latter half of the War Season. We're in a placement phase right now; and you'd have to be a fool not to expect more r4 defenders and attackers when it kicks off.

And whilst Kabam could have spent time - a lot of time, that could be better spent elsewhere - combing through their records and steadily removing the resources, ranking down champions... that would take time. Probably several days at the least, during which those champions are active in Alliance Wars. Maybe longer. Winning wars, unbalancing the season.

So what do they do then? Shut down War early? Insta-ban people who purchased the accidental offer? Either of those will just create a whole new wave of unfairness, and demands for compensation. At least the 24-hr-offer solution grants everyone (worldwide) the same opportunity to buy; and dramatically reduces the unbalancing impact on War.

So for me this seems like the closest thing to an equitable solution. It's unfair, and I feel bad for those who can't take advantage, but at least it's dispassionately unfair to everyone, all round the world.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kabam doesn't owe anyone an explanation or an advance notice of anything. The offer was there before, when u explored Act 7. You choose to buy or u don't, its ur choice. When I first started playing loooooong ago, I didn't know anything and I bought an 'All Father's Odin' the day before the July 4th sale. Guess what, I lost out. It is what it is.

• Rockys3Rockys3 Posts: 5 β˜…

Rockys3 said:

@Kabam Miike People who got the offer after initially completing act 7 got the chance to get the bundle twice.
    People who did not complete act 7 till now got it once and will again get a chance when they complete it. So they will be also getting 2 chances of getting the bundle
    The only way to make it fair for everyone is to re- offer this bundle to people who did not pick up after their initial clear.
    This is the only way all players will get 2 opportunities to get this offer after they had the knowledge about paragon requirements and will keep everyone on a level playing field.

If you passed on the offer initially and bought it today, you had two opportunities just like everyone else.
    I knew someone will bring this up and thats why I mentioned 2 opportunities after paragon requirements were announced.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rockys3 said:

Rockys3 said:

If you passed on the offer initially and bought it today, you had two opportunities just like everyone else.
    I knew someone will bring this up and thats why I mentioned 2 opportunities after paragon requirements were announced.
    I disagree with not taking advantage of the offer the first time should just deal with it. I got the offer the 2nd time but didn't the first. If Kabam wants to make more and I'm sure they do, it only makes business sense to offer it for the people who skipped out on the first time. I'd buy again, just putting it out there lol.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rockys3 said:

Rockys3 said:

That’s not true. Those that bought the offer right after 7.4 release and then bought the offer today only had one opportunity to buy it after the paragon requirements were announced. So should they get another opportunity to get it again as well? You had the same opportunities as they did and just chose to make different decisions.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rockys3 said:

Rockys3 said:

That's irrelevant. Decisions have consequences. You chose to pass initially bc you deemed it not important. Everyone has had or will have two bites at this cherry now. That's about as fair as it gets. I'm glad everyone got the chance to get it that passed but I could not possibly care less they don't have the opportunity to get it twice.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Good news.

I better get grinding.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,064 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Summoners,

Thank you for all of your feedback and patience as we worked to determine what our future course of action will be.

The team has decided that based on player feedback, we will be surfacing this offer for a third time ONLY to the summoners that originally did not purchase the Act 7.4 Exploration bundle when completing Act 7 Chapter 4. This gives all currently Thronebreaker Summoners 2 chances to obtain this package, post announcement of the Paragon Progression Level requirements.

This third chance will only be for those that did not purchase the Package when they first completed Act 7 Chapter 4 before April 22nd, regardless of if they purchased the offer today. This means that no Summoner should be able to purchase this offer three times.

If you have not completed Act 7 Chapter 4, you will have your second chance to purchase this bundle when you complete that content.

This offer will be re-enabled on May 18th, 2022.

muy excellente