**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It's an August Double Whammy! "Galan Goes to the Battlerealm" AND "Legends Celebration"

Comments

• Options
    MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 148 ★★
    for objective, is it mandatory to bring all of the champions? or one of them?
    also, is the 5th slot free to bring whoever we want? or we have to keep it blank?

thank you
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 117 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

No awakening gems in trade in store this year?

They've effectively neutered everyone's usage of awakening gems with the trade-in store last time. Then they don't even bring it back in a prime opportunity.
    They didn't do anything. There was a trade-in. That's about it. No one guaranteed it would come back, and no one certainly told people to sit on their Gems. That was a choice.
    You're crazy if you're still using 5* gems after the trade in store. I currently have over a 2 dozen 4* gem crystals and over a dozen 5* gems that I can't use because of the possibility of a trade in store. It might not have affected you, but it neutered me and it's easy to see why, unless you're wearing Kabam colored glasses...
    I am sorry to hear about your neutering. If you are in a place in the game where 4* and 5* awakening gems can meaningfully help your account, then you are better off using them to do so and clear content than you are trying to save them to maybe convert five of them into one 6* awakening gem.

That trade in is only a good deal if your account has progressed past the point of those rarities being relevant to you. I don’t mind sitting on 5* awakening gems because I don’t use 5* champions for any content anymore. It makes no difference to me whether my 5* Scorpion or Black Cat or whoever is awakened because I’m not going to invest catalysts and iso into them (except maybe for a level up event).

If I get to turn these dusty old gems into a shiny new one down the line, cool. If not, they’re still doing what they would have been doing had this event never happened: collecting dust.
    I moved on from 5*'s a while ago. The only 5* I use on a weekly basis is Doom for power control. The rest of my team is 6*. It's not the fact that awakening one will improve my account, it's the fact that I can't in fear of missing out on future progression. For example, my favorite champ in the game is Stark Spiderman, who is pretty dependent on his sig for high crit damage. While I would like to awaken him for when I use him in event quests since I don't have a 6* version yet, I can't due to the existence of these trade-in stores because I know a potential 6* awakening gem is much more valuable then the sig on a 5* Spider. And I'm sorry it took me explaining this in detail for you to understand
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
    Just noticed that my boy Scorpigod is a collectible 2 star and I'm the crystal pool looks like I'll finally own him
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Drive-by Q&A!

Are we doing TB objectives with only the 4 required champs? Or do we bring a 5th?
    Bring a fifth of your choosing!

Do I have to wait to get all of the side quest rewards?
    No. You'll get them incrementally, this is just a total of them in one chart. The rewards will be found on the Quest paths and through completion and exploration rewards each week.

Do you know why the awakening gems and signature stones were removed? Is the store going to return in December with those added?
  • Options
    Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★

They've effectively neutered everyone's usage of awakening gems with the trade-in store last time. Then they don't even bring it back in a prime opportunity.
    They didn't do anything. There was a trade-in. That's about it. No one guaranteed it would come back, and no one certainly told people to sit on their Gems. That was a choice.
    You're crazy if you're still using 5* gems after the trade in store. I currently have over a 2 dozen 4* gem crystals and over a dozen 5* gems that I can't use because of the possibility of a trade in store. It might not have affected you, but it neutered me and it's easy to see why, unless you're wearing Kabam colored glasses...
    I'm not crazy at all. I just didn't assume anything and kept playing as usual.
    Would ur response be the same when let's say, they remove trade in store entirely and make SQ rewards much worse?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

I'm not crazy at all. I just didn't assume anything and kept playing as usual.
    Would ur response be the same when let's say, they remove trade in store entirely and make SQ rewards much worse?
    Isn't that a little extreme?
    SQ has always had a range of Rewards. Sometimes more, sometimes less, sometimes different Resources. It's not reasonable in my mind to have any kind of consistent expectation. It varies from month to month.
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★

. Don’t riot without cause.

Dude. Don’t harsh my jam.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Too much recycled events and rewards. Meh. Well, at least we’ll get 2 awesome looking champs.

I’m not trying to be rude about this, I’m genuinely asking. What isn’t a recycled reward? What could they give us that they’ve never given us before?
    I’m particular about the Legends calendar that didn’t get a buff, the shards arena (pretty okay still), and the 7-hours crystals. The halls of healing will probably be the same along with trade-in store that is a rehash of an older variant.
    Could it be a commentary on the current value of a legends title?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

2 cav event crystals? Lol

2 per difficulty assuming 2k cost. I didn’t see anything that mentions either a “only one difficulty” or how many shards it’ll cost.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

I am sorry to hear about your neutering. If you are in a place in the game where 4* and 5* awakening gems can meaningfully help your account, then you are better off using them to do so and clear content than you are trying to save them to maybe convert five of them into one 6* awakening gem.

That trade in is only a good deal if your account has progressed past the point of those rarities being relevant to you. I don’t mind sitting on 5* awakening gems because I don’t use 5* champions for any content anymore. It makes no difference to me whether my 5* Scorpion or Black Cat or whoever is awakened because I’m not going to invest catalysts and iso into them (except maybe for a level up event).

If I get to turn these dusty old gems into a shiny new one down the line, cool. If not, they’re still doing what they would have been doing had this event never happened: collecting dust.
    I moved on from 5*'s a while ago. The only 5* I use on a weekly basis is Doom for power control. The rest of my team is 6*. It's not the fact that awakening one will improve my account, it's the fact that I can't in fear of missing out on future progression. For example, my favorite champ in the game is Stark Spiderman, who is pretty dependent on his sig for high crit damage. While I would like to awaken him for when I use him in event quests since I don't have a 6* version yet, I can't due to the existence of these trade-in stores because I know a potential 6* awakening gem is much more valuable then the sig on a 5* Spider. And I'm sorry it took me explaining this in detail for you to understand
    I don’t agree with that conclusion. If he’s your favorite champion and you’ll use him, he’s worth investing in. Especially if you’re going to use him in content that will grant you a return on that investment. But it sounds to me like it will improve your enjoyment of the game today, and that’s always worth more than potential progression in the future.

It’s why I used a 6* generic AG on my Nimrod that I was lucky enough to pull from a cav crystal before his featured 6* run even though I knew I’d probably end up duping him naturally in the near future. I decided to use a rare resource to improve my immediate enjoyment of the game rather than squirrel it away for some undetermined future use.

If you choose not to do awaken your Spidey because you are gambling on the trade-in store returning, that’s a decision you are making. You are conducting your own analysis and reaching that conclusion based on your priorities. I’m not saying your conclusion is wrong, it may be exactly right for you. But to say that Kabam has removed the choice from your hands is disingenuous. It’s still your decision to make.

I’m sorry for the snide comment on you being neutered. Your phrasing of it in your original post was pretty funny and I couldn’t pass on the opportunity to run with it, but I didn’t mean any actual disrespect by it.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Gatekeeper crystal name sounds really familiar 🤔. Like it's from a different verse say mirrorverse perhaps 😉.
  • Options
    FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    Awesome month ahead!

Are we gonna be able to trade in t4 fragment crystals? Or t3 class crystals?
  • Options
    30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    edited July 2022
    Personally, would love the collection of new 2* which we are getting daily !
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,681 Guardian
    I love it, and it is great, but why put limits on the gold crystals in the trade in store? Could it be 100 instead of 10?
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    I don't know if it's just me but I simply just can't get excited about 6500 6 star shards in the side quest. I feel like we used to get more or we should be getting more.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★

I don't know if it's just me but I simply just can't get excited about 6500 6 star shards in the side quest. I feel like we used to get more or we should be getting more.

There is also 3000 shards in the selector and 1500 in epic difficulty. Plus another 10000 in arena.
  • Options
    Pramod_Kumar_GPramod_Kumar_G Posts: 25
    Do the required champions should be 2 stars only to enter the quest?
    Or can we bring any rarity to the quest?
  • Options
    MinderuMinderu Posts: 72 ★★
    Soooo is there no TB legends calendar?
  • Options
    MinderuMinderu Posts: 72 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Drive-by Q&A!

Are we doing TB objectives with only the 4 required champs? Or do we bring a 5th?
    Bring a fifth of your choosing!

Do I have to wait to get all of the side quest rewards?
    No. You'll get them incrementally, this is just a total of them in one chart. The rewards will be found on the Quest paths and through completion and exploration rewards each week.

Bring back the trade in store like it was last year.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,818 ★★★★★

Do the required champions should be 2 stars only to enter the quest?
    Or can we bring any rarity to the quest?

I expect any rarity. They've done these kind of things before and it was "any rarity, but just in case you don't have them, you can get these crystals with 2 versions of them in." But that was before they removed 1v1 arena...
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,785 ★★★★★
    Minderu said:

Soooo is there no TB legends calendar?

There is. It's called cavalier +
  • Options
    BertieditchBertieditch Posts: 9
    Gatekeeper crystal name sounds really familiar 🤔. Like it's from a different verse say mirrorverse perhaps 😉.
    Who ya gonna call?
    Ghostbusters!
  • Options
    StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 230 ★★
    Quick question, not sure if this has been asked yet. It's been stated that there's 1 energy per step, and that there are 5 paths per difficulty per week. Could we get an idea of the number of nodes in each path? That way we can better see how much energy it will take. Obviously if it costs 1030103829 energy to complete all four difficulties I won't plan on doing that, lol.