Energy

Ben_15455Ben_15455 Member Posts: 322
edited August 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
This has been on my mind recently after I have been using lots of energy to beat Act 6 and now I'm going for 100% on Act 4 because I haven't done that yet and I need the mastery points

Should energy take less time to fill up? It's takes 6 minutes to get one energy and in most quest you need 2 or 3 energy to move. It can take upwards of 18 minutes just to move one time!

In total if your level 60 and have 70 energy slots it takes 420 minutes! That's a total of 7 hours.

Most of the time you can only do 1 or 2 quest in one full chunk of energy.

It took me over 2 days to 100% complete a quest in Act 4. Act 4! The rewards aren't even good I just need the mastery.

Should Kabam do something about energy? Because you shouldn't have to wait 7 hours to get 70 energy

Energy 58 votes

Yes - Kabam Needs To Change Energy Times
43%
SnakeEyes69bhuv9191Stu198311KyunayGreyz83RiasGremorySbkruebOpxThorkiRenaxqqZ2f6hQBollandSUPREME77RuwqiersaBosskiller_XLacerosUnitboyWonderfulloser1948Vijay_33Señor Dude 25 votes
No - Kabam Is Smart Because I Like To Take 7 Hours To Get My Energy Full
56%
BitterSteelbenshbRagnarok13TerraCupidpseudosaneKabam PorthosDRTOMoosetiptronicRockyshockyLuke9523laserjohn26Ayden_noah1captain_rogersAnnihilator13_Noob_Master69NockoReignkingTWBe_SomebodyGiantwalrus56 33 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    If you’re not in an alliance I could understand why it takes that long for you to complete a quest. However being in an alliance gets you access to the help function, as well as energy refills from the 3 day events.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian
    🟩 No - Energy recharge is fine the way it is
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Member Posts: 327 ★★
    There is thing called Game and Real life time balance. You are just being desperate to complete/explore the quest.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Member Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

it was never intended for players to use all their Energy and constantly purchase more and more Refills

Then why the legend program is such where the fastest to explore Heroic and Master difficulty get the tag? Dosen't it contradicts entirely what you said above?
    No, not at all! Like I said, we don't want you playing for very long periods of time. Legend runs are intended for our most competitive players and are most often completed in around 3 hours.

I'm not saying you should play for an hour and then stop but we don't want everyone to have easy access to an amount of Energy that would allow the game to be played 24/7. There is a difference between playing for a few hours and playing endlessly, which is something more players could do if we were to make Energy more available.
    But then the game offers unlimited refills at 30 units a piece. So the moral of the story is, Kabam cares about you, unless you have money to burn and poor judgment :D
  • Hot_MiggyHot_Miggy Member Posts: 1
    What a joke, you know the real reason is so whales buy credits, I assume you have access to the stats and know this to be true

Stop pretending is out of care for players, if you really cared you wouldn't be able to spend real money to play the game more, it's a profit insensitive
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    Hot_Miggy said:

What a joke, you know the real reason is so whales buy credits, I assume you have access to the stats and know this to be true

Stop pretending is out of care for players, if you really cared you wouldn't be able to spend real money to play the game more, it's a profit insensitive

Right, cause i'm sure right now the whales are buying an odin so they can spend their units on a 103 energy refils '-' wtf dude, bro gave you an actual reasonable explanation are your just like ''nO thIs iS fOr MonEY''
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★

@InsaneSkull hit the nail on the head with this one!

We designed the Energy Refill system to encourage players to limit the amount of time spent playing the game. There are real-life things you should all be doing instead of spending 18 minutes, for example, waiting for Energy just so you can move a step on the Map.

We would encourage you to spend some time with your family or socialize with friends when your Energy is depleted. You could try reading a book, sketching a picture, go for a walk or run or even spend some time exercising. There are many other things to help you fill your spare time.

In cases where you have absolutely nothing to do outside of the game, you can purchase Energy Refills but it was never intended for players to use all their Energy and constantly purchase more and more Refills so they can play for a very long period of time. As much as we want you all to enjoy playing the game as an escape from the stresses of your everyday lives, we don't want everyone to have easy access to an amount of Energy that would allow the game to be played 24/7.

We care about the MCoC community and that includes taking steps to try and ensure the welfare of our players. Spending too much time playing is not healthy.

With that reasoning, why you guys decide what we should do with our time? Most of the playerbase are intelligent people that can choose to play how much they want. If they play a lot and that effects their health in any negative way, well thats their responsibility. There is definitly different reasons cuz this one doesnt really make sense.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

We designed the Energy Refill system to encourage players to limit the amount of time spent playing the game. There are real-life things you should all be doing instead of spending 18 minutes, for example, waiting for Energy just so you can move a step on the Map.

We would encourage you to spend some time with your family or socialize with friends when your Energy is depleted. You could try reading a book, sketching a picture, go for a walk or run or even spend some time exercising. There are many other things to help you fill your spare time.

In cases where you have absolutely nothing to do outside of the game, you can purchase Energy Refills but it was never intended for players to use all their Energy and constantly purchase more and more Refills so they can play for a very long period of time. As much as we want you all to enjoy playing the game as an escape from the stresses of your everyday lives, we don't want everyone to have easy access to an amount of Energy that would allow the game to be played 24/7.

We care about the MCoC community and that includes taking steps to try and ensure the welfare of our players. Spending too much time playing is not healthy.

With that reasoning, why you guys decide what we should do with our time? Most of the playerbase are intelligent people that can choose to play how much they want. If they play a lot and that effects their health in any negative way, well thats their responsibility. There is definitly different reasons cuz this one doesnt really make sense.
    If they want to they still can.

Ruwqiersa said:

Then whats the point of using that reasoning to justify that energy timer thing??
  • 5th5th Member Posts: 151 ★★
    Then comes this 30 energy worth circle :

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Then whats the point of using that reasoning to justify that energy timer thing??
    It's something they do on their end. It has definitely stopped me from spending all my time in the game. And I'm sure it has done to others too. So it's a success.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Member Posts: 945 ★★★
    I think the energy refill time is perfectly fine, as stated by the reasons above. Everyone has a personal life, you should be living that too.
    However, I would like to be able to gain XP again and grow to level 70 and get up to 80 energy.

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

It's something they do on their end. It has definitely stopped me from spending all my time in the game. And I'm sure it has done to others too. So it's a success.
    Yeah but whats the reason for holding back people from playing the game? I wanna know that. Like i said if its about negative impact to health or anything, they are not the ones who decide what we should do with our body.
    Ruwqiersa said:

Yes, it is our own responsibility to manage our time and health. However, Kabam also have a responsibility and duty of care to it's player base. And the energy time limits help to manage that.
    If someone wants to use 20 energy refills in one day and spend their entire day on MCoC, that's up to them. But Kabam are doing their part to prevent that.
    Luke9523 said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Yes, it is our own responsibility to manage our time and health. However, Kabam also have a responsibility and duty of care to it's player base. And the energy time limits help to manage that.
    If someone wants to use 20 energy refills in one day and spend their entire day on MCoC, that's up to them. But Kabam are doing their part to prevent that.
    What duty? Since when a game company has a duty like preventing their playerbase playing with no time limit?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Luke9523 said:

Ruwqiersa said:

What duty? Since when a game company has a duty like preventing their playerbase playing with no time limit?
    A lot of the biggest tech companies you can think of have measures in place to prevent their users from spending too much time with their products. Apple, TikTok, Instagram, even TV's have features that allow you to turn your TV off automatically at a certain time. No idea whether they profit off of these features or not, but a lot of consumers appreciate it
    Ruwqiersa said:

Luke9523 said:

Ruwqiersa said:

The exact duty I just described... A duty of care. It's to prevent people from just playing a game all day long and forgetting to eat, drink, sleep, work, socialise etc...
    It's Kabam's way of doing 'their part' to lower the chances of someone spending all their time on their mobile device. If someone really wants to do it, they can, but they will really have to do our their way to do it.

Any rational person would realise that this is a good and logical feature in place. The majority of games have this type of thing, with a limit on how much time you can spend in a given period.
  • SUPREME77SUPREME77 Member Posts: 144

Bro said touch grass in the most respectful way possible
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    I'm gonna be real, I haven't been playing a whole lot recently, and as a Paragon player I have 30 Energy refills atm, explored almost every difficuly on the EQ aswell. I don't need more energy personally