**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kabam, Why Is 6* Quake Still Not In The Game?

og_steeleog_steele Posts: 80
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
Has there been any discussion or answer as to why? Quake is a great champ, but with all these new champs they are releasing that have more passive abilities, more unblockable specials, built-in power gains, etc. Quake is only falling off in power.

They have changed many nodes over the last 2 years realistically to make it so that champs like Quake are harder to use because you either can't Quake at all due to the opponent, or because the node is anti-quake.

There are so many broken champs in this game but we can't get a Quake? Why?
Post edited by Kabam Spice on

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    She will arrive eventually, likely just will take a while still
  • SeenkSeenk Posts: 204 ★★
    Same reason for Magik, who still doesn't have a Counter against her Limbo. (Except Decreased Accuracy)
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,980 ★★★★★
    There is already a thread on this topic on the front page of the forums, we really don’t need a second.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/330979/will-a-6-magik-and-a-6-quake-really-destroy-this-game#latest
  • og_steeleog_steele Posts: 80

Because quake can still surpass more nodes than those other broken champs can. Quake totally disrupted the balance of things when she was initially released.

What nodes can she by-pass that other champs cant?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    og_steele said:

Because quake can still surpass more nodes than those other broken champs can. Quake totally disrupted the balance of things when she was initially released.

It’s not about “What” but about “How many”. She bypasses more than any other champ in the game by a country mile.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,980 ★★★★★
    Seenk said:

Same reason for Magik, who still doesn't have a Counter against her Limbo. (Except Decreased Accuracy)

There are several champions who can mitigate or shut down her limbo damage including Spider-Ham, Gladiator Hulk, and Mr. Negative (I’m not certain how his sig interacts with limbo, would need to test). I believe OG Hulk has some kind of interaction here now as well. Additionally, power locking her also prevents her limbo from triggering. Champions like Vision, Psylocke, Punisher 2099, and Dormammu are extremely effective for this.

Then, as you mention, there are ability accuracy reducing champions. There is no shortage of these. Archangel, Black Cat, and more.

You have champions who just have insane energy resistance stats. Yellow Jacket, Bishop, Guardian, and others.

And finally, the champions with mechanics to just bypass damage entirely: Kitty Pryde, Ghost w/ Hood, Titania, and a handful of others.

Magik has so many counters. Her defensive stats are not why she hasn’t been released as a 6*. It is her unique ability to maintain 100% power lock uptime simply from spamming sp2s. The only champions with comparable utility are Psylocke, who you have to jump through a bunch of hoops, never get hit, and doesn’t work in matchups with ability power gain, and Dormmamu, who is Dormammu.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,129 ★★★★
    Quake will be a 6* when 8*s are released.... So pretty much when the game dies
    Wicket329 said:

Seenk said:

There are several champions who can mitigate or shut down her limbo damage including Spider-Ham, Gladiator Hulk, and Mr. Negative (I’m not certain how his sig interacts with limbo, would need to test). I believe OG Hulk has some kind of interaction here now as well. Additionally, power locking her also prevents her limbo from triggering. Champions like Vision, Psylocke, Punisher 2099, and Dormammu are extremely effective for this.

Then, as you mention, there are ability accuracy reducing champions. There is no shortage of these. Archangel, Black Cat, and more.

You have champions who just have insane energy resistance stats. Yellow Jacket, Bishop, Guardian, and others.

And finally, the champions with mechanics to just bypass damage entirely: Kitty Pryde, Ghost w/ Hood, Titania, and a handful of others.

Magik has so many counters. Her defensive stats are not why she hasn’t been released as a 6*. It is her unique ability to maintain 100% power lock uptime simply from spamming sp2s. The only champions with comparable utility are Psylocke, who you have to jump through a bunch of hoops, never get hit, and doesn’t work in matchups with ability power gain, and Dormmamu, who is Dormammu.

With the same argument there are many nodes and champions who shut quake down. When a R4 Herc can power someone through 25 rooms of incursions and is virtually unbeatable by any node or champ in the game, you think Quake shouldn't be a 6*? Give me a break.
    ItsDamien said:

og_steele said:

It’s not about “What” but about “How many”. She bypasses more than any other champ in the game by a country mile.
    You must not own a 6* awakened Herc. I pity you.
  • og_steele said:

Wicket329 said:

Seenk said:

With the same argument there are many nodes and champions who shut quake down. When a R4 Herc can power someone through 25 rooms of incursions and is virtually unbeatable by any node or champ in the game, you think Quake shouldn't be a 6*? Give me a break.
    The solution to “Herc being incredibly broken” is not to reintroduce another incredibly broken champ

• noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★

og_steele said:

Wicket329 said:

Seenk said:

The solution to “Herc being incredibly broken” is not to reintroduce another incredibly broken champ

In Summoner's choice video they said they will try to make the character on par with Herc.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    og_steele said:

ItsDamien said:

og_steele said:

I own a R4 max sig 6* Herc. He’s broken but doesn’t bypass nearly as much as what Quake can. Put one Tranquility node and Herc is in danger of dying when going immortal. Quake doesn’t care about tranquility. Quake is functionally immortal as much as Herc is because she just doesn’t have to interact with nodes at all. That’s not a good design. If there’s no risk to losing, there’s no point in playing and Quake simply removes a majority of that risk all the time.
  • VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 ★★
    og_steele said:

ItsDamien said:

og_steele said:

Herc doesn't bypass THAT many things, he just brute forces them. Introduce a high enough health pool and this stops being the case, won't change Quake completely ignoring the mechanics.

And regardless, if our comparison is "well herc exists" then it should be a moot point. As someone has already pointed out, the solution to herc being in the game shouldn't be to introduce a just as broken champ.
  • og_steele said:

Wicket329 said:

Seenk said:

Nope, we all know what the solutions is now. But all honestly, it’s champs like that throw the contest out of balance. Quake is fine at a 5* and herc shouldn’t go past 6*. Same with Groot and og Ironman
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,634 Guardian
    Some people didn't have to deal with true strike being slapped on everything for over 2 years straight and it shows. I remember the old act 6.3 guides where 90% of the time people used quake since she got around the nodes the easiest. Quake finally is in a position where she isn't meta dominating in most content (AW excluded) and it would be a bad idea for kabam to put her back in a position where she can meta-dominate.
    ItsDamien said:

og_steele said:

ItsDamien said:

og_steele said:

I own a R4 max sig 6* Herc. He’s broken but doesn’t bypass nearly as much as what Quake can. Put one Tranquility node and Herc is in danger of dying when going immortal. Quake doesn’t care about tranquility. Quake is functionally immortal as much as Herc is because she just doesn’t have to interact with nodes at all. That’s not a good design. If there’s no risk to losing, there’s no point in playing and Quake simply removes a majority of that risk all the time.
    That's the same as saying "put in a champion or node with passive power gain and Quake is in danger", either way you spin it, champions like Quake won't be any more harmful for the game than a champion like Hercules is. Once the Hercules nerf comes one day you guys will go screaming.
  • Hey guys, we already have a forum up regarding this HERE. To keep the Forum tidy, I'll be closing this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.