Adjustment to Relics Release Cadence

MCOC TeamMCOC Team Administrator, Admin [en] Posts: 568
Hello Summoners,

We are taking a break from the established release cadence for Relics.

After the addition of the most recent trio in July, we are taking a step back to reassess how relics affect the in-game experience and set new goals for the feature. We like the opportunity space they introduce by customizing your Champions and adding an additional layer of depth to the combat experience.

We are aware of the feelings some Summoners have toward Relics. We have been closely monitoring community conversations on the Forums, YouTube, social media, within our Content Creator Program, in-game surveys and a variety of other community spaces. We want to take this time to address the feedback we have received.

To be clear, Relics aren’t going anywhere. Your existing Relics aren’t changing today, nor is the content where Relics can be used. Simply, you won’t see any new Relics being released for a while as we’re figuring out how we want to move Relics forward.

Expect more news in the coming months.

- MCOC Team

Comments

• Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    This is some backhandedness. Announce relics. Push relics. Have packages to buy. Announce new ones only a few weeks ago and continue to include them in rewards. And then boom. After collecting the money. Decide ok that’s enough. I bought the package with the t2 nexus alloy. And still have a bunch left and already have 5 max 5* relics. I did that thinking I could continue to max out new ones as they came. This is false advertising. But with all the issues over the past 5-6 weeks. I guess I should not be surprised. It’s just very disheartening for these things to keep happening.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★

MCOC Team said:

We are aware of the feelings some Summoners have toward Relics.

How so? You knew very well years even before they got announced (gears discussions), and you definitely knew the moment you announced them. They were a forced addition, and you even especifically said you were not going to force them, just for that to end up being a lie as we can see nowadays. All of this while completely ignoring anything said towards the latest stupid relic/strikes nodes addition.
    They're not forced. There have been Nodes that enhance their use, but they've never been required. If you mean to say they added them anyway, no one ever said that not adding them was on the table.

MCOC Team said:

How so? You knew very well years even before they got announced (gears discussions), and you definitely knew the moment you announced them. They were a forced addition, and you even especifically said you were not going to force them, just for that to end up being a lie as we can see nowadays. All of this while completely ignoring anything said towards the latest stupid relic/strikes nodes addition.
    They're not forced. There have been Nodes that enhance their use, but they've never been required. If you mean to say they added them anyway, no one ever said that not adding them was on the table.
    For anyone in top aq. They were forced because it was only way to keep up with prestige. If an ally that was top decided. Lets nobody bother with relics. They would not be top they would fall fast.

MCOC Team said:

Forced is gaining an advantage in pvp content. Using relics in BGs gives you an advantage over someone who doesn’t have them. Forced, maybe not, but pretty much required.

Forced is also applying a node where you can practically no power without having one.

Don’t try to argue. Forced may not be the 100% true word, but you kind of HAVE to have them and use in certain scenarios.

Are revives forced? No, but without them your pretty much screwed in certain content.
    When the claim is that they're forced, that claim should be founded. No one is forcing anyone to use them.
    If people don't want them on principle, that's their prerogative. You can't expect them to not use them and provide advantages for using them based on that. Other people are using them.

MCOC Team said:

Forced is gaining an advantage in pvp content. Using relics in BGs gives you an advantage over someone who doesn’t have them. Forced, maybe not, but pretty much required.

Forced is also applying a node where you can practically no power without having one.

Don’t try to argue. Forced may not be the 100% true word, but you kind of HAVE to have them and use in certain scenarios.

Are revives forced? No, but without them your pretty much screwed in certain content.
    When the claim is that they're forced, that claim should be founded. No one is forcing anyone to use them.
    If people don't want them on principle, that's their prerogative. You can't expect them to not use them and provide advantages for using them based on that. Other people are using them.
    You seemed to have skipped over my comment on forced for prestige to keep up in aq. Hmmmm

MCOC Team said:

I don't see how relics could possibly be described as optional as long as this node is placed in content. I don't have a problem with relics at all, I honestly enjoy them. But this node isn't just allowing an advantage, it's a massive 90% reduction of a base game ability unless you use a relic. "Forced" is the only way to describe it.

We've gone over this when it was a thing, use Champs that do Damage without Specials.
    Wow. Again you skipped over my comment about forced for prestige. Can you please comment on this. I am asking nicely.
    Go_To said:

MCOC Team said:

I don't see how relics could possibly be described as optional as long as this node is placed in content. I don't have a problem with relics at all, I honestly enjoy them. But this node isn't just allowing an advantage, it's a massive 90% reduction of a base game ability unless you use a relic. "Forced" is the only way to describe it.

We've gone over this when it was a thing, use Champs that do Damage without Specials.
    We all understand you work for kabam but how can you possibly stay with this “arguement?” Kabam is making nodes that make special reliant champs useless and that’s essentially forcing them on us. Most champs are way way worse without using specials and you know it.
    I don't work for Kabam. There are also a whole host of Champs that operate through raw ramp-up Damage without Specials or through DoT.
    Jinxesaxe said:

MCOC Team said:

Whenever any conversation arises about relics, I think of the Mephisto boss in the 8.3 beta that really soured my experience with that particular piece of content, because of the reliance on the relic.

While I do not remember the node set, it definitely felt forced with that specific fight. If you would like for me to find what those nodes were, I would be willing to attempt to provide a video showcasing the reliance on the relics in that fight.

Jinx
    I would have to wait and see what's actually released. Beta isn't the final product.
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Member Posts: 442 ★★★

Go_To said:

MCOC Team said:

We all understand you work for kabam but how can you possibly stay with this “arguement?” Kabam is making nodes that make special reliant champs useless and that’s essentially forcing them on us. Most champs are way way worse without using specials and you know it.
    I don't work for Kabam. There are also a whole host of Champs that operate through raw ramp-up Damage without Specials or through DoT.
    Jinxesaxe said:

MCOC Team said:

Whenever any conversation arises about relics, I think of the Mephisto boss in the 8.3 beta that really soured my experience with that particular piece of content, because of the reliance on the relic.

While I do not remember the node set, it definitely felt forced with that specific fight. If you would like for me to find what those nodes were, I would be willing to attempt to provide a video showcasing the reliance on the relics in that fight.

Jinx
    I would have to wait and see what's actually released. Beta isn't the final product.
    Absolutely! There is a precedent set with the beta though, and I’m not entirely aware of how effective feedback is and how often things are changed after a beta like this, as this was my first time participating.

I just prefer to lead with caution, and not get my hopes up for it changing.

Jinx
  • ISO17ISO17 Member Posts: 85 ★★
    Personally don’t see how pausing relic releases will affect anything either way. I feel like for the most part we know where relics stand, a great tool (specifically in high end BG’s and questing) to extend your 5 hit combo to a 13 hit combo and get closer to finishing the fight off with a special attack. Aside from a FEW tiny benefits to certain champs (gambit relic with some mutants for example) relics are far from gamebreaking and just handy more than anything. The next step in my opinion is developing different relics, some that aid DEFENDERS for example, or introducing some relics with a new mechanic, maybe a weopon relic that can activate a certain AW tag on the champion it’s on for example. Until then, strikers will be what they are and nothing more and nothing less, in my opinion
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,100 ★★★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

I don't really have any feelings about relics at all. I mostly ignore them and am often bummed when I get relic materials as rewards. Mostly I use them to extend combos.

Lol exactly my opinion