Super helpful tip for tigra carinas (MODOK)

MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
So if anyone watched the tigra carinas stream that karatemike had yesterday. You'd know how big of a pain modok is. Luckily, I figured out a strategy to get a relatively easy jabari solo, which I should've had but I have a nasty habit of getting caught by that weird light intercept.

Anyways the tip is to immediately give MODOK the unblockable. It makes him fight aggressive and when he autoblocks he remains open and you can continue your combo. Keep whaling on him baiting sp1 and it's actually pretty easy and fun. Here's my first run with r3 6 star jabari

Comments

• MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    If anyone is interested I can make a video on the fight once I finish the challenge
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,140 ★★★★★

If anyone is interested I can make a video on the fight once I finish the challenge

Please do.
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Member Posts: 315 ★★★
    Seconded

What the heck, why didn't you post this yesterday

Your run inspired me to start mine 😂
    Thank you for all the help along the way your stream really saved me revs

Please do.
    Ok will do. I'll try and get it done by Thursday just depends on the next WoW fight
    edited February 21

Please do.
    Ok will do. I'll try and get it done by Thursday just depends on the next WoW fight
    That's what I'm waiting on. I need to know if I'm bringing unitman to WoW or Carina's. Thanks.

Please do.
    That's what I'm waiting on. I need to know if I'm bringing unitman to WoW or Carina's. Thanks.
    Yeah ofc! So far I've been having a blast. Mike's were probably my favorite except for having to rank antman😭
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 808 ★★★★
    Fintech gave this tip last week when he streamed the challenge.
    Probably a good idea to watch the streams of the guys doing the challenge they designed
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,268 ★★★★★

Please do.
    Yeah ofc! So far I've been having a blast. Mike's were probably my favorite except for having to rank antman😭
    How bad did antman need the sig? I really dont wanna rank my 6 star since i have the 7 star
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,064 ★★★★★
    Caught Fintech’s stream and he says the same thing. I used that tip on my mojo run and it only took a handful of revives to get him down. Looking forward to a Jabari attempt now.
    ahmynuts said:

Please do.
    How bad did antman need the sig? I really dont wanna rank my 6 star since i have the 7 star
    I mean the pause is nice but it's really not needed if you can keep intercepting. Mine was sig 20 and my poisons fell off a few times but not enough to justify sigs
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★
    edited February 21
    ahmynuts said:

Please do.
    With sigs on antman can pause the poison much more reliably. A friend of mine use 7r1 unduped ant and he said it is much more difficult to hold the poison in his fights in gauntlet
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,403 Guardian
    Crys23 said:

Probably a good idea to watch the streams of the guys doing the challenge they designed

Fintech did die 9 times to that modok IIRC
    What's the rule on necroing a thread? Sorry if I broke it. @MarvelNoob , did you ever happen to get the video? I'm starting my run after Winter of Wow is completed.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 967 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Crys23 said:

Fintech did die 9 times to that modok IIRC
    What Fintech, the person that design this content and the community consider as an expert in using Tigra (man I miss Buddy Lee, saw he had a BG match with KT1 the other day 😊), die 9 times time in that fight?

I guess I will die like 90 times in that fight then (whenever I brave enough to tryl 😭😭😭🤣🤣🤣.

On another note, Campo did release a video guide on this challenge and gave some very useful advice in my opinion.

What's the rule on necroing a thread? Sorry if I broke it. @MarvelNoob , did you ever happen to get the video? I'm starting my run after Winter of Wow is completed.

Oh geez I am so sorry😂
    Totally spaced it, lemme go back in there and make a vid
    It's also ok if you don't have time or don't want to. No worries.
    A little update: I can't get through this dang warlock with cides and I gotta save revs since I'm 2 carinas away from starky. I'm really sorry but I can't take a video until an undetermined date.

Still the strategy is make modok unblockable and then just keep intercepting and bait sp1