**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do the Nerfing of Champs only go against offensive Champs?

Comments

• Options
    Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    Balm82 wrote: »
    Mordo use Drax or Karnak to avoid astral evade.

Wait how does Karnak avoid astral evade?
  • Options
    @Balm82 Ok great thanks. I didn't know Karnak can work too. I thought only x23 and drax.
  • Options
    BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    How does X23 do it?

Wolvie Style?
  • Options
    Riddick18030Riddick18030 Posts: 31
    I wish that they made AW about who is the more skilled alliance rather then who has the deeper pockets.
  • Options
    How does X23 do it?

Her heavy is also a 2 part heavy. So stun him and then drop a heavy on him.
  • Options
    JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    Alright guys,

So first of all, we don't taking adjusting Champions lightly. We only do it when we feel it is absolutely necessary. When we choose that a Champion needs a drastic change, it is usually because they have some sort of ability that takes any semblance of a counter out of the picture. That is to say... They're way overpowered and don't require any real strategy to fight with.

Arguably, there are some Champions in game right now that some might consider more powerful than many of the ones that have been adjusted, but they require some sort of strategy to play.

There are lots of champions that players like to use for defense that some might consider overpowered, but there are always counters and strategies that can be used against them. This is not true for Champions like Scarlet Witch, where the counter to her was for us to create buffs that made the game significantly more difficult for anybody that didn't have her on their team.

So, that is why some Champions have been adjusted, while others have not.

I'm so glad you posted this, as I would like to know the counter for Iceman's Coldsnap?
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    We only do it when we feel it is absolutely necessary. When we choose that a Champion needs a drastic change, it is usually because they have some sort of ability that takes any semblance of a counter out of the picture.

Coldsnap cannot be countered. Agent Venom can sometimes shrug off Coldsnap. Rogue can shorten it. But, as far as I know, there is no way to counter Coldsnap damage.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    spumington wrote: »
    We only do it when we feel it is absolutely necessary. When we choose that a Champion needs a drastic change, it is usually because they have some sort of ability that takes any semblance of a counter out of the picture.

Coldsnap cannot be countered. Agent Venom can sometimes shrug off Coldsnap. Rogue can shorten it. But, as far as I know, there is no way to counter Coldsnap damage.

Energy Resistance and Serum Science is a possibility.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian
    @DNA3000 Please bro, stop with the spin. Seriously. It's nauseating.

Odd: apparently, you found it amusing.
  • Options
    JSnook wrote: »
    Alright guys,

So first of all, we don't taking adjusting Champions lightly. We only do it when we feel it is absolutely necessary. When we choose that a Champion needs a drastic change, it is usually because they have some sort of ability that takes any semblance of a counter out of the picture. That is to say... They're way overpowered and don't require any real strategy to fight with.

Arguably, there are some Champions in game right now that some might consider more powerful than many of the ones that have been adjusted, but they require some sort of strategy to play.

There are lots of champions that players like to use for defense that some might consider overpowered, but there are always counters and strategies that can be used against them. This is not true for Champions like Scarlet Witch, where the counter to her was for us to create buffs that made the game significantly more difficult for anybody that didn't have her on their team.

I'm so glad you posted this, as I would like to know the counter for Iceman's Coldsnap?

Champions that either shorten or can shrug/convert it, or Champs with regenerative abilities are what most find to be a good counter to Cold Snap.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian
    @Balm82 Ok great thanks. I didn't know Karnak can work too. I thought only x23 and drax.

A while ago I discovered Elektra's heavy has the same property. I suspect there are more that can do this that is just not generally well known because it is a specific attack and not just a champion in general, and because many players consider it a tactical advantage to not share that information.
  • Options
    NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Alright guys,

Champions that either shorten or can shrug/convert it, or Champs with regenerative abilities are what most find to be a good counter to Cold Snap.
    Alright guys,

Hahahaha hahahaha. Ok so the only champions that can do that are king groot or iceman himself. Thx for making us spend more to buy new champions.
  • Options
    FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    edited May 2017
    Nebula wrote: »
    Hahahaha hahahaha. Ok so the only champions that can do that are king groot or iceman himself. Thx for making us spend more to buy new champions.

Ummm... Thor Jane Foster, Ultron, Agent Venom, Rogue, Groot, X23, Iron Man... Those are other champs who I've used on good ol' Bobby Drake (some work great, some simply shrug Cold Snap off and then have a long fight cut out for them). It's not JUST King Groot and Iceman. Perhaps you need to think outside the box?
  • Options
    MamaMama Posts: 1
    Lol iceman is easy,
    The only problem to me is MD mastery
  • Options
    Alright guys,

Alright guys,

Well, there's also Agent Venom and Crossbones that can convert them (although being a Mutant, it does decrease Crossbone's likelihood of pulling that off). Groot and Rogue are able to decrease the debuff timer by quite a bit, and Dr Voodoo starts with a regen, so it would start at the same time as a Coldsnap from an awakened Iceman and can last just about as long.

Champs with a good Energy Resistance stat are also a good choice, like Jane Foster.

While Iceman might be bleed immune, I also like the idea of using X-23. She can regenerate health, and can also stack herself with Cruelty buffs to deal some decent damage.

There are LOTS of options.
  • Options
    FPC3 wrote: »

Ummm... Thor Jane Foster, Ultron, Agent Venom, Rogue, Groot, X23, Iron Man... Those are other champs who I've used on good ol' Bobby Drake (some work great, some simply shrug Cold Snap off and then have a long fight cut out for them). It's not JUST King Groot and Iceman. Perhaps you need to think outside the box?

Ultron, jf, still take damage so stop lying. Agent venom has a chance to shrug it off. X-23 can't regenerate at the pace of the damage Iceman deals. Really? You suggest bringing an iron man on offense. Pathetic.
  • Options
    FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    Ultron, jf, still take damage so stop lying. Agent venom has a chance to shrug it off. X-23 can't regenerate at the pace of the damage Iceman deals. Really? You suggest bringing an iron man on offense. Pathetic.

All I said was that I've beaten Iceman with those champs. You inferred and put words in my mouth. If you're simply talking about AW, then that narrows the field a bit. But ALL you said, was Iceman...

Not lying about Ultron, I used him to beat Ice on Master Quest. My Alliance War that just ended today, we beat the Iceman boss we faced with Star-Lords. It wasn't even that hard.
  • Options
    Alright guys,

Alright guys,

Well, there's also Agent Venom and Crossbones that can convert them (although being a Mutant, it does decrease Crossbone's likelihood of pulling that off). Groot and Rogue are able to decrease the debuff timer by quite a bit, and Dr Voodoo starts with a regen, so it would start at the same time as a Coldsnap from an awakened Iceman and can last just about as long.

Champs with a good Energy Resistance stat are also a good choice, like Jane Foster.

While Iceman might be bleed immune, I also like the idea of using X-23. She can regenerate health, and can also stack herself with Cruelty buffs to deal some decent damage.

There are LOTS of options.

Do.. do you know hog much damage coldsnap is escalated in aw? And you're telling me that dr voodoo has decent enough regen to counter it? I highly reccomend that you re-evaluate that statement because you lose way more than 25% that voodoo can gain back. Again, agent venom and crossbones are NOT solid counters as they are luck dependent. Rogue is decent. I'll give you that. Jane foster still takes hefty damage in alliance war. X-23 cannot regenerate at the pace that coldsnap deals damage. Also, what is your suggestion to Iceman on thorns node? And since we are discussing unavoidable damage let me bring Dormammu up. Now, his sig makes sense if I used buff heavy champions but his l1 required dexterity so you degenerate either way.
  • Options
    Ranger1914Ranger1914 Posts: 22
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    1st of all I do understand the need for some Nerfing of the God Tier Champs but then why go the complete opposite way and create God Tier Defensive Champs? For months now players have voiced their frustrations with OP defensive Champs like Nightcrawler or Mordo or Iceman but this has fallen on deaf ears. Nightcrawler in the comics gets fatigued the more he teleports but here he jumps around to no ill-effects. Mordo is Strange equal in comics but here he is almost impossible with his defense in AW while Strange is almost unplayable now. Iceman's degeneration cannot be countered. How is it 'fair and balanced' by tipping the scales so far in the opposite direction? When it was to the players advantage Champs got nerves when it causes nothing but frustration and ire to the player base they are met with silence. Am I wrong here? Didn't you say that the nerf's were needed because the developers were having such a problem creating new content due to God Tier Champs but when it is the vast majority (yes I am sure that some have no problems at all with these champs.... they will soon come here and post just how good they are) Judging from all the complaints in this forum and the old one it is a major problem and making the game more frustrating than fun to play any more.

Simple economics my friend god teir offense champs cost Kabam money because people are able to be difficult content without spending
    God teir defense champs on the other hand make kabam money because we will spend to get around them

Some tips for you
    Nightcrawler attack carefully use short combos consider unlocking unfazed in your masterys hit him well blocking after he dashes back to change modes after he changes modes he does not evade

Mordo this character is designed to take advantage of Perry he likes to be parried it very easy to parry him because If you attack him while stunned he attack you with his Astro form causing to generation simple counter. Parry him then wait for the Stun to expire start a new combo rinse repeat tekes a little practice but works great

Iceman OK not gonna lie cold snap is a pain but there is a champ specific counter Luke cage
    Must be duped let iceman hit you right at the start of the fight trigger invincible you will stay invincible long enough for cold snap to expire

Hope this helps
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Ranger1914 wrote: »
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    1st of all I do understand the need for some Nerfing of the God Tier Champs but then why go the complete opposite way and create God Tier Defensive Champs? For months now players have voiced their frustrations with OP defensive Champs like Nightcrawler or Mordo or Iceman but this has fallen on deaf ears. Nightcrawler in the comics gets fatigued the more he teleports but here he jumps around to no ill-effects. Mordo is Strange equal in comics but here he is almost impossible with his defense in AW while Strange is almost unplayable now. Iceman's degeneration cannot be countered. How is it 'fair and balanced' by tipping the scales so far in the opposite direction? When it was to the players advantage Champs got nerves when it causes nothing but frustration and ire to the player base they are met with silence. Am I wrong here? Didn't you say that the nerf's were needed because the developers were having such a problem creating new content due to God Tier Champs but when it is the vast majority (yes I am sure that some have no problems at all with these champs.... they will soon come here and post just how good they are) Judging from all the complaints in this forum and the old one it is a major problem and making the game more frustrating than fun to play any more.

Simple economics my friend god teir offense champs cost Kabam money because people are able to be difficult content without spending
    God teir defense champs on the other hand make kabam money because we will spend to get around them

Some tips for you
    Nightcrawler attack carefully use short combos consider unlocking unfazed in your masterys hit him well blocking after he dashes back to change modes after he changes modes he does not evade

Mordo this character is designed to take advantage of Perry he likes to be parried it very easy to parry him because If you attack him while stunned he attack you with his Astro form causing to generation simple counter. Parry him then wait for the Stun to expire start a new combo rinse repeat tekes a little practice but works great

Iceman OK not gonna lie cold snap is a pain but there is a champ specific counter Luke cage
    Must be duped let iceman hit you right at the start of the fight trigger invincible you will stay invincible long enough for cold snap to expire

Hope this helps

I suggested that as well, when Iceman was in Master. That, and ER/SS Masteries. Sadly, few listen to me. Hahah.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    The game itself does not have any labels on what is an offensive VS defensive hero.

@MayhemEffect Sorry but on this you are certainly wrong. Each champ has a champion tag that you can see and they are classified as Defensive (Utility, Guard, or Tank), Offensive (Raw Power, DOT, or Burst), and Control (Counter or Denial).

So they most certainly DO have LABELS on what is OFFENSIVE vs DEFENSIVE.

Oh man, egg on face.

Someone earlier hit on the head, if an offensive champ just allows players to mow through content that is supposed to drive revenue, they get the nerf stick. If a defensive champ is driving revenue, why would you herd them from the business side? As long as it wasn't some blatant insta-kill type feature, I doubt they would make it a priority to nerf them.

Think about it, the game itself is merely a vehicle to buy consumables. Much like a printer and ink toner. Here, the toner is health, as much health the content chips away the more the player has to refill it via revive or health potions.

Everything is designed to serve some monetary purpose. its a business, plain and simple.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    @DNA3000 Please bro, stop with the spin. Seriously. It's nauseating.

Odd: apparently, you found it amusing.

@DNA3000 I use the LOL as a sarcastic LOL. I don't want to frivolously flag your post as spam or abuse, because it's not exactly spam nor abuse. It's just sad, so I LOL at it. LOL is basically the way I downvote your sad comment.

All of my LOLs since 5/21 have been used in this sense:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/3159#Comment_3159
  • Options
    BurntbaconBurntbacon Posts: 73
    That is to say... They're way overpowered and don't require any real strategy to fight with.

There was a lot of different ways to use Strange effectively other than just spamming his L2 in heal mode. Those of us who really optimized his abilities know that there's a lot of timing involved with his power meter, and sometimes it wasn't easy when you had to bait specials. In other words, your explanation doesn't justify the nerfing of Dr. Strange.
  • Options
    BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    Alright guys,

Thank You Miike. We may not agree or we may think that the answer is hypocritical but at least you took time to answer and I appreciate it.