**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Recent Unfair Kabam Bans, youtube 'dubndad gaming AW rating ban'

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    mike867 wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I see nothing in that video that screams "innocent". Somebody in the alliance was/is cheating.

dude, a youtuber who earns money off mcoc, wouldn't cheat. if you are new to this game or old or whatever, i dont care. if it hasn't happened to you, good but when it does your sorry @s$ will be crying as well.

A youtuber who earns money wouldnt cheat?
    Liljoh
    Veks
    Slycem have all had 7 day bans in the past.

Seatin openly admitted to acct sharing

Dont hold them up so high

A high level ally aren't fools. You make a mistake once and get hit, fine, but you won't make the same mistake. If they really cheat, they wouldn't make the same mistakes again n again....especially if they are so hands on cheating. sure those guys cheated or more likely exploited a loophole, but Kabam is at fault as well as they don't explicitly say why they are banning

That's because they can't share information about accounts. Privacy laws etc.

So let the cheater continue cheating? Is that better? Awesome mate, you should keep on sucking up to your Kabam and blindly follow what they preach.

Cheater cheats --> Ban him but don't tell who it is so other Ally also get hurt by him. Good job Kabam, you should run for President next

I would prefer they are permanently banned... but, Kabam can't do anything about privacy laws. What would you have them do?

ban said person from participating in game modes they cheated in
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    In before lock
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Also, the server crash was Google's fault.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Hold on guys. I was in the same alliance with the Youtuber DubnDad until a couple days ago (went to a smaller ally to help out a friend). While I believe in most instances penalties and bans are often justified and I believe Mike's friends are lying, I wanted to clear up that no one was knowingly found cheating in this ally.

Unless somebody lied as well, but there was no evidence of such when I was there. Yet the war rating point deductions kept happening and the ally is in a quandary as to what to do, because Kabam won't divulge the actual cause of the penalty despite repeated tickets to Support. I sincerely hope they get that rectified for Season 3 as the ally plays legitimately.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I actually agree that they should do more to help alliance leaders remove the sources of cheating within their alliances, and have said so in the past. However, revealing the manner in which the cheating was detected would do more to spread cheating than prevent it, and in no way do I believe they should do that.
  • Options
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    I actually agree that they should do more to help alliance leaders remove the sources of cheating within their alliances, and have said so in the past. However, revealing the manner in which the cheating was detected would do more to spread cheating than prevent it, and in no way do I believe they should do that.

Ok that is fine, how about rectify clearly WHY they were banned? They just say you broke ToS which is generic

I would not be against them telling a banned player in a private message which of the rules they broke.
  • Options

Ok that is fine, how about rectify clearly WHY they were banned? They just say you broke ToS which is generic

I would not be against them telling a banned player in a private message which of the rules they broke.

Yes because people get banned for using backup phones too and this was also reported by either RichtheMan or PRof Hoff youtuber as well

I doubt that they were told that they were banned for using a backup phone. That is more likely an assumption, especially given that using multiple devices is not against the tos.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I see nothing in that video that screams "innocent". Somebody in the alliance was/is cheating.

dude, a youtuber who earns money off mcoc, wouldn't cheat. if you are new to this game or old or whatever, i dont care. if it hasn't happened to you, good but when it does your sorry @s$ will be crying as well.

Liljoh
    Veks

A high level ally aren't fools. You make a mistake once and get hit, fine, but you won't make the same mistake. If they really cheat, they wouldn't make the same mistakes again n again....especially if they are so hands on cheating. sure those guys cheated or more likely exploited a loophole, but Kabam is at fault as well as they don't explicitly say why they are banning

Liljoh
    Veks

2 of the guys you mentioned bought units from fraud cards so not a loop hole. An outright crime but only a 7 day ban
  • Options
    Yoku_awie2Yoku_awie2 Posts: 17
    edited August 2018
    yu9cfojj6i9n.png

• Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    They don’t throw bans out for fun. And they don’t ban for account sharing like they say they do either. They really only ban for legit reasons. So guys that get banned can go kick rocks and say thanks.

So you think they look at accounts individually and ban them?

They don't use some algorithm that could be flawed?
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

Vexcks and LilJoh cheated and both are famouse youtubers and both admitted it

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/8uu2je/fraud_units_cheap_odins_vekxs_lil_joh/

lil joh still has his video up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZSZRsWQSEM

ALSO some one from youtuber content creator got banned, another famouse youtuber thats is also a contet creator
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/85170/regarding-test-functionality-exploit

"In the spirit of full transparency, we also regret to inform you that a member of our Content Creators Program was one of the Summoners that excessively abused this exploit. We want you to know that not only will they be removed from the Content Creators Program, but will be given a permanent in game ban. It’s very important to us that we let you all know that our Content Creators do not receive any free in-game items (except for preview purposes, which are later removed), nor do they receive special treatment from us."

the more you know dude.

i trusted all 3 people to be fair playing people, AND YES i do know all 3 of them
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Funny thing about cheaters they are rarely honest

This right here ^
  • Options
    GsabaGsaba Posts: 62
    Atleast for multiple accounts, kabam system detect is faulty and results in AW ratings dropped. I keep mentioning this in some other similar posts and no support from kabam team apart from automated replies. No email notifications from kabam either. This is to the point I have stopped doing AW
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I don't understand why there is so much hate for Kabam on everything besides their cheat detecting software... You are telling me that after everything the players have been through in the last month, all of the mistakes, bugs, and issues that we have had with the game, people still think that Kabam has a 100% cheater catch rate? The idea is laughable...

I don't believe for a second that Kabam can catch all the cheaters, and I also don't believe for a second that they have never banned an innocent player. No company or person is perfect and especially not Kabam, so I think people should stop jumping in on threads regarding bans and tell them to suck it up and stop cheating. We are all better than this, and we all know how often mistakes are made with this company. It really isn't all that unlikely that Kabam's software for cheat detecting is flawed given all of our past experience with them.

If you're going to constantly berate Kabam for the things they do, at least be consistent and do it in all areas rather than picking and choosing where you criticize them. There is no way for those of us on the forums to know whether a ban is fair or unfair, all we have is the players word. I realize that cheaters are gonna cheat, lie, and do everything to get out of a ban, but when someone comes here and says that they are innocent, I don't think we have any real reason not to take them at their word.

When you stop and think about it, what good is it going to do to tell people to stop cheating, if they are cheaters what difference is that going to make? If they are innocent... Well than you are just falsely accusing someone. We have no say in what happens with account bans so there is absolutely no point in coming to threads like these and telling people they got what they deserve. I hate cheaters just as much as the next person, but I'm not going to argue against someone that says they are innocent... Innocent until proven guilty right?
  • Options
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I don't understand why there is so much hate for Kabam on everything besides their cheat detecting software... You are telling me that after everything the players have been through in the last month, all of the mistakes, bugs, and issues that we have had with the game, people still think that Kabam has a 100% cheater catch rate? The idea is laughable...

I don't believe for a second that Kabam can catch all the cheaters, and I also don't believe for a second that they have never banned an innocent player. No company or person is perfect and especially not Kabam, so I think people should stop jumping in on threads regarding bans and tell them to suck it up and stop cheating. We are all better than this, and we all know how often mistakes are made with this company. It really isn't all that unlikely that Kabam's software for cheat detecting is flawed given all of our past experience with them.

If you're going to constantly berate Kabam for the things they do, at least be consistent and do it in all areas rather than picking and choosing where you criticize them. There is no way for those of us on the forums to know whether a ban is fair or unfair, all we have is the players word. I realize that cheaters are gonna cheat, lie, and do everything to get out of a ban, but when someone comes here and says that they are innocent, I don't think we have any real reason not to take them at their word.

When you stop and think about it, what good is it going to do to tell people to stop cheating, if they are cheaters what difference is that going to make? If they are innocent... Well than you are just falsely accusing someone. We have no say in what happens with account bans so there is absolutely no point in coming to threads like these and telling people they got what they deserve. I hate cheaters just as much as the next person, but I'm not going to argue against someone that says they are innocent... Innocent until proven guilty right?

yeah there is no way to tell so coming on here trying to be mr innocent is pointless and people should stop trying just like we can't prove there guilty we also can't prove there not lying
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Sirnoob2 wrote: »

yeah there is no way to tell so coming on here trying to be mr innocent is pointless and people should stop trying just like we can't prove there guilty we also can't prove there not lying

Yeah I agree. Discussing bans is also against TOS, so shouldn't be on the forums in the first place. But when they do appear here, it would be nice to see a little less jumping to conclusions and assuming they are guilty. If we can't prove anything, then don't say anything.
  • Options
    Sirnoob2 wrote: »

Yeah I agree. Discussing bans is also against TOS, so shouldn't be on the forums in the first place. But when they do appear here, it would be nice to see a little less jumping to conclusions and assuming they are guilty. If we can't prove anything, then don't say anything.

criminals will play me innocent quite alot that's why most don't belive it

once last summer I saw a guy from the main community discord post he got banned for a week his account was then unbanned guy was usually helpfully and friendly no one would've suspected he cheated he was in a top ally

guy said he account shared on a wide scale arena war aq event quest special challanges ect

before being banned every champ he had that could be sold was sold

instead of believing anyone of the people that had his account details which alot had did it he did what op is doing now

He went on the forums and reddit as well as his freinds also went there and payed pretty much the same thing op did raged about how kabam had a security problem using the same argument of they made mistakes in the past so people hacking accounts is a thing

all his rants on here and reddit he (forgot) to say that he account shared on a wide scale

had a bunch of people on here and reddit believing him and got people for a weekend to come on here and rant against kabam for not rolling back his account

after seeing all this happen from the start and watching how fast people were to try and make him a victim
    has made me completly not trust anyone who comes here and plays the victim card
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

The forums are a place for community discussion. However, the forums are not the place to discuss any actions taken on individual accounts, including in-game bans. I am going to close this post because this breaks rule 12 of the forum rules, which states:

12- You may not publicly discuss any actions taken on your in game or forum accounts by moderators or the support team. This includes banning, closing of threads, infractions, temporary bans, etc. This also includes the public posting of any private correspondence with the Moderators, or support team.

You can refer to the forum rules here.
This discussion has been closed.