**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Version 14.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    SlySly wrote: »
    -So 10 champs out of 100+ have been made easier to chain a combo into special but let me guess, AI speed will still be ridiculously high, all other champs will still have dificulty chaining into special after 5 combo, and we will expected to wait another month for another patch? If you could fix 10 champs why couldn't you fix them all at once to chain normally?

- Please define "brought in line with others."

- Please define has anything or will anything ever be done about AI instant attacking you even before the evade animation is complete and how many times must we bring this up.

- Please define why only 10 select champs are getting reworked to chain faster and not all of them. I still cant chain a Moonknight SP1 after 5 hits for example, no mention of it there.

-Please define how are you planning to adjust parry timing to this new "increased block transition speed". Are you saying we will now have all new parry timings?

Hey SlySly,

We actually have answered some of these questions already. If you look back, you'll see that "Brought in line with" refers to the bullet point above, and has to do with the Block duration being too long for those attacks, leaving players stuck in the block position well after the attack is over.

The Evade issue is actually called out in these patch notes, and has been reduced severely in the past. This one should fix the issue completely (hopefully).

Since each Champion has to be reworked one by one to improve their speed from Combo into a special, we are not able to do them all at the same time, nor is it affecting every Champion in the game. If there are some that you're seeing in particular, please let us know. I'll let the team know about Moon Knight.

There should not be any need to change Parry timing with this update, and should in fact make it more consistent.

I don't see the evade issue being addressed, unless you mean the line that for some reason specifies "special attacks" and not all attacks, which worries me a bit.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    How is this worthy of 14.0 and is not 13.2 (or whatever)? It appears to be devoid of any new features, are y'all holding back in something?

Probably because of the features being released as part of the 'Stark Assignments'

Its not mentioned in the change log but I saw it on Trucos FB page

It's in the Quest Notes.
  • Options
    AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Can we fix Karnak so I can chain sp2?
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Is Red Deadpool being nerfed? It says he will only regenerate once per fight. Is this referring to his signature ability or his regen when he hits low health?
  • Options
    Is Red Deadpool being nerfed? It says he will only regenerate once per fight. Is this referring to his signature ability or his regen when he hits low health?

I think you might be looking at the Version 0.2.0 Notes from waaaaay back in the day. I don't think there have been any changes to Deadpool in this Release.
  • Options
    NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    -So 10 champs out of 100+ have been made easier to chain a combo into special but let me guess, AI speed will still be ridiculously high, all other champs will still have dificulty chaining into special after 5 combo, and we will expected to wait another month for another patch? If you could fix 10 champs why couldn't you fix them all at once to chain normally?

- Please define has anything or will anything ever be done about AI instant attacking you even before the evade animation is complete and how many times must we bring this up.

- Please define why only 10 select champs are getting reworked to chain faster and not all of them. I still cant chain a Moonknight SP1 after 5 hits for example, no mention of it there.

-Please define how are you planning to adjust parry timing to this new "increased block transition speed". Are you saying we will now have all new parry timings?

Hey SlySly,

We actually have answered some of these questions already. If you look back, you'll see that "Brought in line with" refers to the bullet point above, and has to do with the Block duration being too long for those attacks, leaving players stuck in the block position well after the attack is over.

The Evade issue is actually called out in these patch notes, and has been reduced severely in the past. This one should fix the issue completely (hopefully).

Since each Champion has to be reworked one by one to improve their speed from Combo into a special, we are not able to do them all at the same time, nor is it affecting every Champion in the game. If there are some that you're seeing in particular, please let us know. I'll let the team know about Moon Knight.

There should not be any need to change Parry timing with this update, and should in fact make it more consistent.

Hey Kabam Miike,
    Just some other champs I have noticed an issue with using their special 2 after a medium hit (5 combo).
    - Ultron - Timing seems to be too long before the initial hit and allows for aggressive AI to block, specifically in AQ
    - Iron Man/Superior Iron Man - Special 2, same as above.

Thanks!

NightCracker
  • Options
    Ilir21aIlir21a Posts: 16
    I'm an android user. The game is unplayable for me after the maintenance.laggs glitches miscombos misevades..in one word..MISERABLE
  • Options
    Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    GP must be fixed in this release.

How about an update on Pure Skill?
  • Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★

Hey SlySly,

I don't see the evade issue being addressed, unless you mean the line that for some reason specifies "special attacks" and not all attacks, which worries me a bit.

Hey, does this update save us from getting booted from the game after every fight?? Did you guys work on that? It's been a long time since you've known this bug and nothing is happening
  • Options
    striker_overlordstriker_overlord Posts: 15
    WeaponX wrote: »
    Has the "perpetual loading" issue on Android been fixed in this patch? I don't see it mentioned in the notes and the mods have been casually ignoring the ever-growing thread for a month now.

I dont know why kabam keep ignoring this, this the most serious issue affecting many players, this should have given priority instead of fixing aesthetic part of the game which is really not that important.
  • Options
    Joey0480Joey0480 Posts: 100
    Was really hoping carnage would be addressed....
  • Options
    So no Ultron L2 chaining? Sad times. Was looking forward to using it again.
  • Options
    Filippo1971Filippo1971 Posts: 33
    edited July 2017
    - Fixed the following character specific animation issues that were causing difficulties chaining from a combo into a special attack.:
    Electro Special 2
    Juggernaut Special 1
    Magneto and Magneto (Marvel Now) Special 2
    Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel Special 2
    Scarlet Witch Special 1
    Spider-Man Special 1
    Spider-Man (Symbiote) Special 1
    Thor (Jane Foster) Special 1

I was going to write the same... Ultron always had the same problem, why he's not going to be fixed?
  • Options
    AsukiraAsukira Posts: 8

Agree with this, please look into Ultron L2 :)
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    I am sorry but when will the update come??
    I dont seem to get it in the playstore
  • Options
    JayT1996JayT1996 Posts: 95
    I didn't see anything about Voodoos dash back ? This has been a problem for a while now ...
  • Options
    WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 135
    WeaponX wrote: »
    Has the "perpetual loading" issue on Android been fixed in this patch? I don't see it mentioned in the notes and the mods have been casually ignoring the ever-growing thread for a month now.

I dont know why kabam keep ignoring this, this the most serious issue affecting many players, this should have given priority instead of fixing aesthetic part of the game which is really not that important.

Yep... and they're clearly just flat out ignoring it at this point as Mike is addressing everything BUT this. Absolutely incredible...
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Spirit wrote: »
    I am sorry but when will the update come??
    I dont seem to get it in the playstore

It's usually around 6pm UK time, which is 7 hours from now. I'm assuming it will be the same.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★
    What about android players that fight AV when they can't attack after his sp1 is that going to be fixed?
  • Options
    SchapenkopSchapenkop Posts: 89
    Is there a known time ETA that the update will be dropped today?
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    JayT1996 wrote: »
    I didn't see anything about Voodoos dash back ? This has been a problem for a while now ...

They said they fixed that last update. He seems to work fine now.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    I predict game crashing bugs that coincide with the start of AQ and AQ 30 minute timers in the near future lol.
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Thor and Ronan no longer Armor Break; instead, base stats and Stun durations have improved.
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    The new update should drop at noon Central Time. That's a few minutes over 2 hours. That's when the current event quest ends, and the new one will be released, which will need a new update to be incorporated. Also, I'm glad we're getting a whole new event like we did with the Guardians of the Galaxy Crystals. I like those crystals. The focus on a certain few champs is more entertaining.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Apache wrote: »
    Thor and Ronan no longer Armor Break; instead, base stats and Stun durations have improved.

That's from the really old patch notes I think, go to the bottom of the last page, v14.0. Mainly bug fixes and a little bit about loading times being shorter for vs mode.
  • Options
    d3adm8nd3adm8n Posts: 2
    But what about fixing the most important issue... the game crashing? It's been crashing multiple times per day since v13.1 and the 13.1.1 patch did absolutely nothing to resolve it. Why haven't you covered this in v14?
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    hifans808 wrote: »
    There was another post about this but what does "in-line" mean:
    - The following Champion Special Attacks have been brought in line with the rest of the roster:
    Drax Special 2
    Hawkeye Special 2
    Ronan Special 2
    Thanos Special 1
    Thor Special 2
    Scarlet Witch Special 1

Are they stronger? Weaker? Easier to connect? What was done to each character?

Obviously weaker, we got a nerf lol
  • Options
    KlizeusKlizeus Posts: 15
    So no fix for the constant crashes?

:(
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    hifans808 wrote: »
    There was another post about this but what does "in-line" mean:
    - The following Champion Special Attacks have been brought in line with the rest of the roster:
    Drax Special 2
    Hawkeye Special 2
    Ronan Special 2
    Thanos Special 1
    Thor Special 2
    Scarlet Witch Special 1

Are they stronger? Weaker? Easier to connect? What was done to each character?

Obviously weaker, we got a nerf lol

The intentional use a vague terms tend to cause concern