**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blades Nerf is here, sort of

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Raganator wrote: »
    Anyone who didn't see this coming must have started playing after 12.0.

This is the correct answer. This how they do things at Kabam.

To one degree or another, this is how they do things everywhere. And the game development community is full of players who thought they would be the ones to change that, only to discover their bright ideas were not so bright when viewed in direct sunlight.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    I can’t wait for the mods response to why this isn’t just another garbage bandaid fix. Please just regularly balance your game instead of being so damn stubborn that you have this big master plan and that you actually didn’t make a mistake that broke the balance of the game. DS with synergies covered way too many champs and was going to prevent any future villains from being viable. Future tags will further demonstrate the mistake.

Bro just stop already. This IS the balance.

You're making it very obvious to everyone that you rely solely on blade to get you through everything by how upset you're getting over something so trivial. "wahhh my blade can't steamroll the new Champs you release"

Blade was a nerf to mystic wars, he's already extremely OP as it is in that regard, kabam is doing the RIGHT THING by NOT giving every new champ the villain tag. If blade was able to steamroll every new non hero champ that comes out the only people in the game who'd be happy would be people like you who rely solely on one champ to navigate the game.

That's not fun. Learn to use other champs.

No this is completely wrong, I was a big advocate that blade was a broken concept and bandaid fix for MD which was another broken concept. The synergies with GR and dorm/Mephisto covers way too many champs but now that they have created this problem instead of balancing the initial problem they have opted for this cop out solution because then they won’t have to compensate the players who spend tons of money to get their blade’s (and that doesn’t include me because I haven’t spent 5 cents in over a year).
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    Anyone who didn't see this coming must have started playing after 12.0.

This is the correct answer. This how they do things at Kabam.

Yep. And honestly I have no problem with it. I had SW duped within opening ten 4* crystals going way back. It made me terrible at the game because I had a cheat code. I also now have Blade as a 5*. He isn't near that level, but there also shouldn't be a single character that can plow through content. That's not good for the game in the long run.
    Jeez one champ has a new tag and everyone is whinging about it, so what lol.

Get over it

Nah man the big picture is they keep doing these indirect nerfs instead of just balancing or fixing broken concepts. This game is just a mountain of bandaids, who even knows what’s underneath it all.

So you would rather they just went and hit Blade big time instead of having new tags? Which I mean there won’t be that many let’s be honest.

Just want to make sure, your for Blade having a huge nerf over a character who has a tag which means blade can still be good but not amazing against?

To be completely bluntly honest I wish that Kabam would stop **** up. They make such shortsighted mistakes and I was willing to give a pass on 12.0 because the game evolved so much and they needed to fix some broken concepts but to have done it again so quickly is disappointing. If they make a mistake the solutions shouldn’t always be “how do we get out of this one without compensating the players were about to screw over”
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Foolish mortal. Thanos is no mere villain.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Attention Summoners!

Blade Billy Edition has been added to the 6* Feature Grandmaster Crystal. Pop yours now for a 1 in 800 chance at a 6* Blade! Crystals cost 500 units a piece.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    How does giving a new Champ a different Tag equate to a nerf? Did people expect him to be able to deal with anything and everything that is introduced? That will never exist in a game like this. There will be balances and counters. There's no such thing as a cure-all.
    How does giving a new Champ a different Tag equate to a nerf? Did people expect him to be able to deal with anything and everything that is introduced? That will never exist in a game like this. There will be balances and counters. There's no such thing as a cure-all.

It's no different than changing the location of the "BattleRealm" to a giant garlic patch where Blade sucks. It's basically a nerf.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I can’t wait for the mods response to why this isn’t just another garbage bandaid fix. Please just regularly balance your game instead of being so damn stubborn that you have this big master plan and that you actually didn’t make a mistake that broke the balance of the game. DS with synergies covered way too many champs and was going to prevent any future villains from being viable. Future tags will further demonstrate the mistake.

Would u rather this or blade actually get a Nerf? Aside from that question they should label villain s as villains and make powerful hero's or Mercs to counter blade
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

It's no different than changing the location of the "BattleRealm" to a giant garlic patch where Blade sucks. It's basically a nerf.

Everything is basically a nerf to something. That's why complaints about nerfs in general are, and frankly should be, completely ignored.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

Everything is basically a nerf to something. That's why complaints about nerfs in general are, and frankly should be, completely ignored.

Different nerfs have different costs.

The switching of tags will cost MANY players A LOT. Should that be ignored?

Would u rather this or blade actually get a Nerf? Aside from that question they should label villain s as villains and make powerful hero's or Mercs to counter blade

This is 100% a blade nerf, guys that don’t understand that are fools.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

This is 100% a blade nerf, guys that don’t understand that are fools.

So he is no longer useful against current villains now. And I'm the fool this is not a blade Nerf if u gonna call it that then maybe one should actually come this is more of creating blade counters although yes they should do it in a much better way and not labeling the black order villians is silly I'm not a fool for not seeing this as a blade Nerf how about u grow up and learn some respect to others even if they don't agree with u
This discussion has been closed.