**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Silver Surfer - do you think he should be Chopping block for a update? Does surfer deserve justice?

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
So far champs that are suppose to be god tier in comics like sentry isnt prtrayed in Mcoc

but a minor villain in an Antman Movie is regarded as 1 of the best champions in the game?

torch and anihilus are up on the chopping block for a revamp.

There has been alot of debate on how surfer is via youtubers feedback and in general it is more negative than positive.

but someone as iconic as surfer and he is well known for having god like powers in the comics just doesnt translate in mcoc.

So far hes really behind the curve when compared to other cosmic champs than out perform him in almost every single way.

For a champion we know that is c

coming to mcoc since early this year, this build up and anticipation for end of 2019 is really underwhelming.

Hes coming this thursday and the only thing he will be changing is the prestige race...

Comments

• issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    CodeOmega said:

@RoninMan apart from his prestige, he’s a very disappointing champion. Decent damage with okay immunities

hes not fully immune if the damage is enhanced he will still take it
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    edited December 2019

We will analyze his Data like we have said we will do with Other Champions. We can't get into the habit of "Players wanted him to be better", but also need to make sure that he's not underperforming compared to other Champions.

Every Champion is somebody's favourite. We're not going to be able to hit the nail on the Head for All Champions, and never intentionally try to design one Champion to be more desirable than the next.

what about the forgotten sentry is he forgotten in your date too
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    CodeOmega said:

RoninMan apart from his prestige, he’s a very disappointing champion. Decent damage with okay immunities

He’s no Sentry though. He sets up fairly quickly and easily and has utility with power gain, resistances, vigilance, and unblockable. Aptitude, synergies, and extra energy damage is also nice too.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    RoninMan said:

CodeOmega said:

RoninMan apart from his prestige, he’s a very disappointing champion. Decent damage with okay immunities

He’s no Sentry though. He sets up fairly quickly and easily and has utility with power gain, resistances, vigilance, and unblockable. Aptitude, synergies, and extra energy damage is also nice too.
    what?
    have u seen ANY content creator video on surfer? the compare him to rest of the champs release this year and champs in the cosmic class

heres a good one

https://youtu.be/PUF99C_dc3A
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Goodness said:

We will analyze his Data like we have said we will do with Other Champions. We can't get into the habit of "Players wanted him to be better", but also need to make sure that he's not underperforming compared to other Champions.

Every Champion is somebody's favourite. We're not going to be able to hit the nail on the Head for All Champions, and never intentionally try to design one Champion to be more desirable than the next.

“We don’t intentionally design one champ to be more desirable than the next”
    Prestige champions would love to differ
    That's not a design intended to make Champs more desirable. That's an internal metric that affects AQ, which people chose to maximize Rewards with.
    Goodness said:

RoninMan said:

Goodness said:

“We don’t intentionally design one champ to be more desirable than the next”
    Prestige champions would love to differ
    Really? Tell me me who you would rather have, Thor (Rag) or Hyperion.
    Tell my why someone would want Surfer then

His only niche is prestige people will grind for that alone especially for too Allie
    Make a champ the highest prestige you’ll milk the heck out of MMXIV
    It’s also very funny how doom was the 2 from the top and then immediately became 3 with surfer being 1 now
    Prestige doesn’t make a champ more desirable. It might make a champ more appealing for some, but for the majority of the player base I think they’d rather have a champ that can get them through content, not prestige.

And what are you talking about for prestige? Doom was #1 until Surfer came along and now he’s #2. Big deal? Unless you are talking about 6* which aren’t even relevant for prestige for most right now. They have a huge range to add new champs in now and SS and Doom will probably be the top 2 for a while. Once again prestige may appeal to some players but I would say most players would rather invest in a champ like Ghost or Hyperion than Phoenix and Thor (Rag).
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I think the issue is with Silver Surfer is that he falls into that category of champs where they aren’t bad by any means, Surfer hits fairly hard and has some alright utility( miss counter, Havok counter, armour break), but he’s not doing anything the best. He’ll get you through some decent content but he has no specific use apart from prestige. Maybe if we see a havok with tunnel vision he’ll be amazing but that’s one fight. Prestige is pretty much his biggest asset.

In saying that, I would still be happy to pull one and be proved wrong
    Like i said
    "compared to other cosmic champs and champs with his immunities, he is not up there"

Lol so you already blaming the alliance as whales so ofcourse u already think its not possible for any champion to impress us, shows how much you know.

The hype? i am talking about 1 of the most known and favorited character in the marvel universe.

HE IS UP THERE in terms of how popular he is and what he means to alot of people compared to a champion like elsa and man thing who arent as popular.

I didnt even know who was Warlock and he turned out AMAZING for the game, yet i have no prior experience of knowing the character. MY TOP champ for 2019

Just like how magneto is up there and he is suppose to be 1 of the most powerful mutants, yet it doesnt translate to mcoc OMEGA RED and Domino compeltely ovetake him in the mutant class!

LOL you literally said

" I have first hand experience, do you? " and the only way to get him was to get lucky from the crystals LOL

so OFCOURSE if i had him i will know him better. I dont want to give up on him, BUT so far the verdict is that is
    HE IS UNDERHWLEMING, Period

Ofcourse hes new, but since YOU, YES YOU, YOU HAVE HIM. SO use YOUR JUDGEMENT to let us know. your not a youtuber, but YOU have a voice and YOU have the champion.

So do something about it and let us know how good he is.

I LOVE SILVER SURFER as a charcater, but in the game he doesnt impress me.

please SHOW HIM HOW GOOD HE IS. YOU have him so DO SOMETHING with him, and to LET the community know that he is a good champion.
    edited December 2019
    What utility?
    the fact he is Coldsnap,Incinerate and Shock immune?

Other champs who are immune to those, do it better.

Havent seen anything yet, where using Surfer IS the answer to specific content to those immunities.

Ghost is amazing on
    Freezer Burn (incinerate)
    Shock paths
    Coldnsap

simply by phasing back. but she isnt strong or known well in the comics, yet is 1 of the most op champs in the game.
    It’s pretty pointless to keep commenting on this thread when so many people are already so dead set against Surfer so this will probably be my last comment. He is a utility champ. He has resistances (with additional effects) against Coldsnap, incinerate, and shock. He has a 3 stack armor break on L1 that triggers regardless of if it lands (good against KM, Emma, IMIW, Ghost, etc), power gain, anti miss buff, unblockable, and phase buff. On top of that he can gain armor buffs to help with Havok, aptitude, and has some pretty nice synergies. Like I said, this thread isn’t really going anywhere so I’m out
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Sentinel should be one best of game.
    Phoenix, Dr. Strange, Ronan or Juggernaut ..... All bad champions in this game.
    edited December 2019
    1.Surfer’s immunities are not actual immunities: he simply takes 100% less damage from Shock, Coldsnap, and Incinerate debuffs. So if you get in a situation where a node is boosting that damage of the debuff, he will still take damage. Furthermore, since he’s not truly immune, he will take damage from passive effects such as the EMP Shock and Mephisto’s Aura of Incineration.

2.Only healing is via the Willpower mastery, and there are only a few situations where you can gain a Coldsnap, Incinerate, or Shock debuff without actually taking a hit in the process. Not a very sustainable champion.

3.Terrible for Buffet nodes and other situations where his buffs will be automatically removed.

4.Requires extensive synergies with other champions not well suited to endgame content to be at his best. Even fully ramped-up, the damage does not feel like it is worth the effort, and requires flawless play or it all falls apart.

5. Requires a high-end skill set to play, like Doctor Octopus or Ghost, but without the big payoff those champions provide. especially given how stacked the Cosmic class is with monsters such as Corvus Glaive, Captain Marvel Movie, Medusa, Venom the Duck, and Hyperion

only place i do see him excelling that
    He is a valid option for Freezeburn; in fact, that is probably the best place to play him, as the debuffs increase his damage and if you’re running willpower,it will heal him.

He does have bit of utility, but it’s pretty niche at the moment. Freezerburn is one such place, but there are plenty of other champions such as Sunspot, Claire Voyant, Human Torch, Colossus, and Mephisto that can already handle Freezerburn and that Summoners have already ranked up. All of those champions have much more utility, and in many cases, are more sustainable, than Silver Surfer. When I’m looking at ranking up a champion, I want one that can solve problems. Other than prestige, Silver Surfer doesn’t solve many problems, and the ones he can solve, we already have better options for.

@UmbertoDelRio
    @RoninMan
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Look at the final three 6.4 beta nodes being introduced. They all cater to Surfer owners