Options

legendary triumph crystals drop rates

andre98andre98 Posts: 25
edited August 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
wong's crystal has a lower drop rate than the rest. is this because he is not in the basic yet? why is this not mentioned? is this a bug or intended? pls make clear why.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,754 ★★★★★
    andre98 said:

wong's crystal has a lower drop rate than the rest. is this because he is not in the basic yet? why is this not mentioned? is this a bug or intended? pls make clear why.

wong is currently in the featured pool and the others are not.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,571 ★★★★★
    Well, that stinks. Wong Cav was the only one I wanted.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    So if we don’t open ours yet will the drop rate get fixed or do we need to re-select it once it gets fixed?
  • Options
    double dippers, assemble!
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,436 ★★★★★
    I didn't even notice this but I got a 5 star Rintrah so I can't complain
  • Options
    I chose WONG crystal.
    Once you own it, you can see it is “chance at Wong or RINTRAH”.

So this gets at another question brought up again couple days ago, drop rated of SUB-FEATURE within feature crystals…

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/312220/kabam-can-you-tell-the-drop-rate-for-sub-featured-champ

Is that why this choice of crystal here is listed as lower rates, because the RINTRAH sub-feature is also factored in (yet not specified as to it's own, separate or same ?, drop rate) ??

• Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 121 ★★★
    Was the drop rate wrong for the Cav crystal as well? Already opened mine so I can't check
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Was the drop rate wrong for the Cav crystal as well? Already opened mine so I can't check

It was different than the other 2 options as well, though not by as much as the grandmaster ones.

• Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

I chose WONG crystal.
    Once you own it, you can see it is “chance at Wong or RINTRAH”.

So this gets at another question brought up again couple days ago, drop rated of SUB-FEATURE within feature crystals…

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/312220/kabam-can-you-tell-the-drop-rate-for-sub-featured-champ

Is that why this choice of crystal here is listed as lower rates, because the RINTRAH sub-feature is also factored in (yet not specified as to it's own, separate or same ?, drop rate) ??

That is strange because the Cavalier crystal is only Wong.
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 121 ★★★
    Crine60 said:

It was different than the other 2 options as well, though not by as much as the grandmaster ones.

Alright, thanks. Probably not different enough to warrant correcting it then for Cavs and up. Wonder what causes such a small difference in drop rates though
  • Options
    Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    Well i pulled a 6* Rintrah from it.... dont know how since Rintrah is still in the featured pull....
  • Options
    @Crine60 ,
    Oh, looking back I thought it was only visible after I bought it (on crystal screen).
    But wording of my UC (5*) one right on the initial selector tab also did show the “or Rintrah” wording.

Wonder if Kabam has already fixed it now, and your Cav (6*) version now is the “fixed” version ??

Anyone screencap the 6* ones earlier today before this was discovered ?
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

This was indeed a mistake.
    Looks like it's something the team is already in the process of fixing, then they will evaluate compensating players accordingly!

Thx Jax. Not that I expect anything earth-shattering from it, but it would be nice to get the correct crystal with a reasonable turn around.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 576 ★★★
    Yup, horrible drop rates. I demand compensation :#o:)

• Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    I specifically didn't pick Wong because of the lower drop rate.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,754 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Bocksarox said:

Same here.
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,361 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

This was indeed a mistake.
    Looks like it's something the team is already in the process of fixing, then they will evaluate compensating players accordingly!

Thank you again Jax for a timely response! I really appreciate it!

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,558 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Bocksarox said:

Same here.
    Me too.
  • Options
    Anything brewing on the Wong crystal front?

Dr. Zola