**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why must EQ waste so much energy?

2»

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    chunkyb said:

Tbh, farming dislikes is a ton easier with all the children that are upset by the simple truth of "this many unnecessary line fragments that are solely designed to waste energy are 100% bad/lazy game design. Kabam can and should do better for the players". It's even more fun than living in the game, as so many seem wont to do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So every path is six fights and a boss. If they put exactly two empty nodes between each, that’s 42 or 63 energy (2/tile, 3/tile).

So what you’re saying is that for your peace of mind, every time a map has fights 0-1 tiles apart and also empty “line segments,” they need to space out the fights and put one on the empty line segment? Yeesh.
  • Lmao you folks will unnecessarily bend into a lotta pretzel trying to get a gold star that'll never come. It'd almost be cute if it wasn't so sad. The take my energy daddy vibe is super weird.
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 520 ★★★
    Coppin said:

Its the same ammount of energy every month regardless of map designs

You dont get the point. Why cant we do it with lesser energy points? Why make extra empty nodes to make energy consumption more
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Its the same ammount of energy every month regardless of map designs

You dont get the point. Why cant we do it with lesser energy points? Why make extra empty nodes to make energy consumption more
    Why not just give u the rewards instead of making u fight for them?...
  • KingSageThe1stKingSageThe1st Posts: 102
    Nocko said:

I think monthly EQ should do away with the 3.4.5.5.6.7 format and simply go with a 5 paths on each map... that would help address the energy issue and make it less grindy

you know that's the exact same amount of paths right
  • ✍️add ✍️fights ✍️to ✍️empty ✍️nodes ✍️

This is so much better than what these wannabe white knights have come up with. You know me well enough to know I'd be fine w it.

For real tho, look at those pics miike. Kabam Cartographer is just seeing how far they can go without it being noticed this month.

If, however, Kabam Cardio snuck those paths in to make sure our champs were getting enough steps each day, at least give my iDoom a fitbit.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,656 Guardian
    chunkyb said:

✍️add ✍️fights ✍️to ✍️empty ✍️nodes ✍️

This is so much better than what these wannabe white knights have come up with. You know me well enough to know I'd be fine w it.

For real tho, look at those pics miike. Kabam Cartographer is just seeing how far they can go without it being noticed this month.

If, however, Kabam Cardio snuck those paths in to make sure our champs were getting enough steps each day, at least give my iDoom a fitbit.
    You realize what he is implying is making the paths be 12+ fights instead of 6 just because people like you are complaining about map design which doesn't affect the energy needed to explore the quest.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    The energy consumption is the same... whether the fights are more evenly spaced or have some next to eachother and then large gaps... really is just "optics" and does not change the energy required.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Make EQ Less, make rewards more ..Need energy for BGs... Need energy for that...
    Buy an energy refill once in a while . Not every unit is destined to be spent on 4th...
  • Lmfao somehow the replies just get more and more sad. Not sure if daft, broken inside, or both.

Miike can do a lot of things but adding "12+" fights on a path bc someone points out the utter uselessness of the design isn't one of them. But that would still be better than the silly layout this month.

Also, a really amazing thing is that if you DO cut out useless paths, then you CAN decrease the amount of energy required to complete a path. Math is wild like that.

In addition, game designers and their bosses make their own rules. So when something is silly, unnecessary, or needlessly anti-player (esp as the game progresses), they have the ability to change those rules and guidelines. That's how you've gotten most of the good things that have happened in the game. Crazy af right?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It's always funny when people act like energy is being 'wasted'
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,019 ★★★★★
    chunkyb said:

Lmfao somehow the replies just get more and more sad. Not sure if daft, broken inside, or both.

Miike can do a lot of things but adding "12+" fights on a path bc someone points out the utter uselessness of the design isn't one of them. But that would still be better than the silly layout this month.

Also, a really amazing thing is that if you DO cut out useless paths, then you CAN decrease the amount of energy required to complete a path. Math is wild like that.

In addition, game designers and their bosses make their own rules. So when something is silly, unnecessary, or needlessly anti-player (esp as the game progresses), they have the ability to change those rules and guidelines. That's how you've gotten most of the good things that have happened in the game. Crazy af right?

It's weird you disappear from the forums for nearly about 1.5 years and all other content that I can tell and you have this weird hill you're dying on and insulting everyone with a different opinion. Either you're not the CCP member or you've snapped. It's just very strange behavior from you.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

It's always funny when people act like energy is being 'wasted'

I'm of two minds here. Up to a point, I don't mind people complaining about energy. I mean, when you get right down to it, MCOC energy is an immaterial game resource that can only be spent playing the game. And like all game resources, there is never enough of it. Games are about choices, and any resource that a player has "enough" of is a resource they don't have to make choices about. For all intents and purposes, it doesn't really exist. The stuff we care about is the stuff we always want more of. If your players don't care about one of the core resources in your game, you're doing it wrong.

The game wants us to feel bad about not having enough energy, so when players feel bad about not having enough energy that's by design. Its fine to wish for more energy or for things to cost less energy. Any complain that begins and ends with "I wish I didn't need to spend this much energy" is just par for the course in my opinion. Can't hate on that too much.

It is when the complaints go beyond simply wanting more or feeling the pain of expending more and try to elevate themselves to less subjective positions that I personally think that's entering the realm of being debatable. I'm not going to tell someone they shouldn't want what they want. *I* wish monthly EQ burned less energy, and I'm someone that has fully explored every difficulty tier of every monthly EQ almost without exception for years now, including the current refactored editions on top of doing a significant amount of Battlegrounds. It ain't easy, but it is doable. I still think it is probably too energy expensive for the average player. But it is always better to state your subjective complaints as subjective complaints and be subjective, than try to state your subjective complaints as objective critique and be wrong. Because wrong is always completely dismissible.
  • Yes, the self-imposed constraints are dumb and outdated, especially when the only actual justification is the lazy, made-up idea that "players don't have to do everything". It may be true as a standalone statement, but it doesn't do justice to the overall situation.

That's beside the fact that we have 8 or so years of lazy, made-up reasoning for a while laundry list of dumb, outdated things. Many of those things have since been tossed out the window in favor of common sense and player-friendly, game-improving concepts.

It is the most consistent mcoc cycle of all.