**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rewards in Epic difficulty occult lab (Stay away)

VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
3cn01p77sbwb.png
This is absolutely disgusting. As a company you should be ashamed that this is even possible. 2 buff reroll tokens for completing epic difficulty, that's basically 5k gold (I can buy a reroll for 2.5k gold in the store) for finishing the hardest difficulty in the game. That's a disgrace.

Comments

• RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Thats all? Wowwwwww. this is a new low kabam
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Jaqen8 wrote: »
    Get your point - but it's a really tough road to come out of it after doing it twice with only 500 5 star shards. Which is your most likely outcome considering the odds are highest you get the low end of the crystal (250 shards).

Got 1K T2AC shards from lab crystal #1. Saving the rest to open at once.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I got the [removed by moderation] prize in both crystals, 250 5* shards. That equals 500 5* per day. The occult labs is ~35 days long but let’s just say 30 days. So if I got 500 5* shards every day I woud get a total of 15k 5* shards. Not to mention probably 15 5* sig stones based on probability. That’s pretty damn nice for only a few fights per day if you ask me.
    Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I got the **** prize in both crystals, 250 5* shards. That equals 500 5* per day. The occult labs is ~35 days long but let’s just say 30 days. So if I got 500 5* shards every day I woud get a total of 15k 5* shards. Not to mention probably 15 5* sig stones based on probability. That’s pretty damn nice for only a few fights per day if you ask me.

Lol. It's 12 fights and 12 of the hardest you'll do, every day for the month, for 15k shards. You have low expectations is that's pretty damn nice.
    Really, someone flagged my comment?
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    The best lesson we've learned from this quest so far is single champions can't dominate all game content anymore.

What game are you playing? The best lesson I've learned from spending 30 minutes on this is 1) someone in game dev has a pantsful of excitement for buffs, buffs and more silly buffs to go on top of silly champs with contradicting buffs; 2) some team spent too many hours coming up with 24(!!!!) "enhancements" that for the most part are more of a chore to read than a help to the 1 champ you can use them with, if you can use them in time before they expire, which could happen frequently if you spend too much time re-rolling and reading poorly worded copy. Strategy can be stimulating, which is why I enjoy chess and corporate backstabbing; this exercise, however, ultimately boils down to How To Get Less Than 3 Bane Buffs To Pair With Your 2 Prove Your Worth Buffs Without Blowing Through Your 8 Daily Rerolls. Let the good times roll, indeed.

V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I got the **** prize in both crystals, 250 5* shards. That equals 500 5* per day. The occult labs is ~35 days long but let’s just say 30 days. So if I got 500 5* shards every day I woud get a total of 15k 5* shards. Not to mention probably 15 5* sig stones based on probability. That’s pretty damn nice for only a few fights per day if you ask me.

Lol. It's 12 fights and 12 of the hardest you'll do, every day for the month, for 15k shards. You have low expectations is that's pretty damn nice.

I did 2 runs and it wasn’t that hard really. Most fights come with buffs that are doable. I had to use 2 or 3 randomizers which I got back after completion. So yeah. It’s about being smart and rationing your randomizers. 2k gold isn’t that much if you absolutely had to buy more but I’ve never found it an issue.
  • ThirtyFourThirtyFour Posts: 42
    Pennmabob wrote: »
    G0311 wrote: »
    Pennmabob wrote: »
    Try opening your crystals before you complain, you got two re-rolls back anyway, what's your problem? This event isn't even that bad, and like every event, it's optional. And it's really nice that it doesn't have an energy cost. Pretty good side quest overall

Still reward not that good. I recived 1k of T5b shards. Risk versus rewards not a good ratio

1k T5B ain't bad

more like rare reward. probably 1%...
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018

What game are you playing? The best lesson I've learned from spending 30 minutes on this is 1) someone in game dev has a pantsful of excitement for buffs, buffs and more silly buffs to go on top of silly champs with contradicting buffs; 2) some team spent too many hours coming up with 24(!!!!) "enhancements" that for the most part are more of a chore to read than a help to the 1 champ you can use them with, if you can use them in time before they expire, which could happen frequently if you spend too much time re-rolling and reading poorly worded copy. Strategy can be stimulating, which is why I enjoy chess and corporate backstabbing; this exercise, however, ultimately boils down to How To Get Less Than 3 Bane Buffs To Pair With Your 2 Prove Your Worth Buffs Without Blowing Through Your 8 Daily Rerolls. Let the good times roll, indeed.

For a game that takes RNG to Vegas levels 2 runs of Epic occult labs are not enough to form a credible opinion of how hard they are. I used 1 randomizer for 2 Epic runs with 0 item use. $20 says we'll have had each other's experience by the end of month.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    Lower the cost for rerolls. You know that one of the main problems in the gane right now is a lack of gold yet this quest requires rerolls...which cost a pretty good chunk of gold
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Im say worth it but u du need a bit of luck one the recol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    3cn01p77sbwb.png
    This is absolutely disgusting. As a company you should be ashamed that this is even possible. 2 buff reroll tokens for completing epic difficulty, that's basically 5k gold (I can buy a reroll for 2.5k gold in the store) for finishing the hardest difficulty in the game. That's a disgrace.

You know, Kabam just makes the game. You pour your time and maybe money into a game you find disgusting and disgraceful. I'd be far more ashamed of playing a game I felt that way about than making a game that others happened to feel that way about.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    From the labs in the past, and this will probably be the same, stock up on randomizers. If you buy plenty the labs become much easier. Don't pass up an opportunity to buy them until you have a bunch about to expire.