**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Developers Thoughts: Improving Alliance Wars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    TheVyrus wrote: »
    I just do not understand the purpose of this thread. It was presented as an opportunity for the community to DISCUSS possible changes to the AW format. Clearly after 26 pages of conversation the general consensus was this change was not cared for by the players. While some people just screamed about being nerfed and wanting a hand out of some sort, there were many mature responses providing alternative ideas to accomplish the goals Kabam wanted.

So why invite the community to participate in this, if you were not going to listen and discuss with us? Clearly there were no intentions of listening, discussing, or changing the plans. I was really hoping, as this was discussed on the boards that Kabam would listen to their customers and at the very least delay their plans and look for an alternative. Instead we were once again ignored and made to waste our time and energy.

It is really unfortunate that it went down like this. I love the idea of including the community, but to do that we need to heard and acknowledged.
    Hey there,

Remember, discussion threads are not meant to be only between Summoners and the Game team, but also for summoners to speak to each other! We are aware of how some of you feel, and have said that we're going to continue to monitor this, but we're not going to change anything until you've actually had a chance to experience the Global Rotating buffs.

Additionally, remember that while there are about 700 comments, that is far from meaning 700 different people sharing the same opinion, or even 700 different summoners commenting. This thread is a great example of a lot of back and forth between a small group of Summoners, and that's what Forums are for!

While it's not safe to say that "everybody liked this change", it's also an exaggeration to say that everybody was against it. Outside this thread, there were other threads started where the sentiment was not very close to what you see here. We've also received a lot of feedback via email and on other channels. We will continue to review all feedback we receive, and appreciate you sharing your thoughts. The Contest is constantly evolving, and this is all a part of us working to keep things fresh while also constantly improving the experience!

Kabam merges threads all the time. If this thread was THE PLACE TO DISCUSS THE CHANGES OUTLINED BY THE MODERATION TEAM, SET UP BY THE MODERATION TEAM, why was greater deference paid to players who discussed this issue elsewhere? This feels fishy and does not give me faith in this process, let alone the "good faith" assumption of the response from Kabam.
  • Options
    MoX108eMoX108e Posts: 1
    Kabam says they want us to use more of our rosters, and Instead they put a global
    Node that takes away a options of champions off the table into taking in attack. The female boost node is : / should be a little toned down ... but instead of putting a node that takes champions off the table, that is something that is the opposite of what you say you want to do.... "us using more of our rosters" add class nodes that boost up different classes each war, itll open up people bring new champions knowing theyll be getting a boost.. but if you keep this bleed immune node and taking a options away from our rosters... then what ur saying is total Bs... you dont want us using all of our rosters because ur taking options away and not really opening a option to bring other champs...
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    this bleed thing has no effect on me and for the female buff well ive been using females for a long time so this benefits my angela and quake

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I just do not understand the purpose of this thread. It was presented as an opportunity for the community to DISCUSS possible changes to the AW format. Clearly after 26 pages of conversation the general consensus was this change was not cared for by the players. While some people just screamed about being nerfed and wanting a hand out of some sort, there were many mature responses providing alternative ideas to accomplish the goals Kabam wanted.

So why invite the community to participate in this, if you were not going to listen and discuss with us? Clearly there were no intentions of listening, discussing, or changing the plans. I was really hoping, as this was discussed on the boards that Kabam would listen to their customers and at the very least delay their plans and look for an alternative. Instead we were once again ignored and made to waste our time and energy.

It is really unfortunate that it went down like this. I love the idea of including the community, but to do that we need to heard and acknowledged.
    Hey there,

Remember, discussion threads are not meant to be only between Summoners and the Game team, but also for summoners to speak to each other! We are aware of how some of you feel, and have said that we're going to continue to monitor this, but we're not going to change anything until you've actually had a chance to experience the Global Rotating buffs.

Additionally, remember that while there are about 700 comments, that is far from meaning 700 different people sharing the same opinion, or even 700 different summoners commenting. This thread is a great example of a lot of back and forth between a small group of Summoners, and that's what Forums are for!

While it's not safe to say that "everybody liked this change", it's also an exaggeration to say that everybody was against it. Outside this thread, there were other threads started where the sentiment was not very close to what you see here. We've also received a lot of feedback via email and on other channels. We will continue to review all feedback we receive, and appreciate you sharing your thoughts. The Contest is constantly evolving, and this is all a part of us working to keep things fresh while also constantly improving the experience!

I did not say all were against it, I stated the General Consensus. That would just indicate the majority and by reading the posts I feel that is accurate. I also feel that saying you are not going to change or listen until you do the change first goes right along with my original comments of "why present it to us one way and do it another way".

More importantly however are the emails and "other channels" of feedback you received. What is the email address and what are the other channels? I would love for a way to reach out more directly than the forums, where I run the risk of violating policies from time to time.

There's a difference between having a discussion and voting for something. The purpose of a discussion is to share ideas and give feedback. That doesn't automatically mean they're going to cease going forward with something when the reaction is against it. Especially when there's no actual data to support the reactions. Not every disliked change can become a petition. The purpose of a discussion is to discuss a certain topic. Not necessarily to implement whatever people want. That doesn't mean the feedback isn't heard. It has to be applied to their own goals as well. I think you'll find reactions aren't always in tandem with the results of what the data shows. People tend to react a certain way in general, before things are even executed.
  • Options
    BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    edited October 2018
    The point isn't that these debuffs (i.e. defender buffs) only affect us for 6 weeks; the point is that the global debuffs objectively add a layer of challenge to players that they must accommodate for. Some players have champions that can be used to offset this challenge factor while others do not. The global buff to female characters affects a more limited pool of attackers and promotes attack choices at Kabam's discretion, not at player discretion. It's great that Kamala Khan and She-Hulk get a boost for the next 6 weeks; it doesn't not make them trash champs. If that's who you were unfortunate to pull out of crystals... Sucks to be you. I guess 6 weeks from now, the buffs and debuffs might work in your favor. Maybe.
  • Options
    Al3xAl3x Posts: 42
    Will you guys also fix matchmaking? Currently top alliances are avoiding each other just by matching at different timing..

some matching takes forever to find and the points difference between the opponents can be huge

Can I suggest that we have a registration phase? all alliances who would like to do war should register (including the number of bg war).
    At the end of registration period, kabam system will do their matchmaking. The +- should only be displayed when attack phase start. This way alliances wont be able to fix matchmaking, they wont be able to avoid each other, the rating difference will not be so huge and no one will miss a war as long as they register within registration phase.

@Kabam Miike hopefully you guys can consider this.
  • Options
    AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292
    Can I get some rank down tickets with this junk you put into war and can I get free mastery alter also please. LOL
  • Options
    AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292
    It’s pretty clear to me that all
    Game changes are usually designed around killing players and not been diverse. Or this change will do is make war harder on all without women and make every fight harder to combat. Kabam removed slashed tyres few season ago like they were been nice it’s only because the vast majority simply left the node. You simply won’t get people to use junk and all bleed immune creates is a war full of defence that usually bleed helps to beat. Champs like medusa boss champs like magik imiw ect ect. you will get lots of non diversity in defence full of domino
    Modok imiw medusa km ect ect I’m guessing this was the designers idea. And I’m guessing this test is to see how many bite back lol. Not smart in my eyes upsets customers.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Bodhizen wrote: »

Hey there,

Kabam merges threads all the time. If this thread was THE PLACE TO DISCUSS THE CHANGES OUTLINED BY THE MODERATION TEAM, SET UP BY THE MODERATION TEAM, why was greater deference paid to players who discussed this issue elsewhere? This feels fishy and does not give me faith in this process, let alone the "good faith" assumption of the response from Kabam.

@Bodhizen they merge threads to keep forums organized. Multiple people will start same topic threads and junk of the pages and nothing gets done. This thread is labeled a discussion thread for a reason. Everyone thinks they need their own thread on every topic instead of contributing to a existing thread. Nothing fishy at all.
  • Options
    InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    Now, one will require a phd to win aw season 5
  • Options
    But the thing is my top roster does have champs like killmonger, magik, ghost rider etc.
  • Options
    So now it's golden age for chaMPs like electro, sentinels , nebula red hulk and other Shock,poison and incernate champs. And thank God I have them all
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Again, bleed immune global buffs are only for one season. You'll be able to wreck with bleed champs again next season. Why not bring out that 2/25 or 3/35 non-bleed champ and give yourself a challenge in war for once? You guys that have explored act 5 always said you wanted a new challenge right? here's your chance.

Well the issue here is that it is for the full season. It's not a rotating buff as is it is called.

Many ranked up champs that use bleed and invested heavily into Deep Wounds for the advantage in AW just to get slapped in the face by a global node that neutered those champs. Like I've said it wouldn't be too bad if it was on every other war.
  • Options
    Again, bleed immune global buffs are only for one season. You'll be able to wreck with bleed champs again next season. Why not bring out that 2/25 or 3/35 non-bleed champ and give yourself a challenge in war for once? You guys that have explored act 5 always said you wanted a new challenge right? here's your chance.

Well the issue here is that it is for the full season. It's not a rotating buff as is it is called.

Many ranked up champs that use bleed and invested heavily into Deep Wounds for the advantage in AW just to get slapped in the face by a global node that neutered those champs. Like I've said it wouldn't be too bad if it was on every other war.

Rotating per season. New globals each season.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike wrote in an earlier message on this post
    “When we said the intention of introducing Rotating Global Buffs was not to find a way to increase difficulty, we truly meant that”
    I have pointed out on this thread before the changes took place that the nerf of bleed champs far outweigh the buff of female champs.
    As this is there game they would be aware of this and even more so that I pointed it out. After the new aw started I accused kabam of telling lies and for this I was given a warning and placed in jail under section 11
    11- Spreading conspiracy theories, false information, and rumors is not permitted
    I messaged back to say this was untrue and based on fact to which no reply was made in over 24 hours.
    So @Kabam Miike ect on the most recent information I can find ( not totally accurate but extremely close) here are your facts
    42 bleed champs ( 8 female )
    28 female champs
    If the buff cancels out the nerf that leaves
    34 bleed
    20 female
    So 70% more bleed champs nerfed than female champs buffed
    Plain to see the odds are stacked in your favour.
    If you can’t take fact and criticism don’t try and f us over with your poor excuses and lies.
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

It still seems to be missing the point of rotating. If that is truly the intent it would be after every AW or a week of AW not a full season.

Their own statement, no two AW's should be the same. Doing the buff for the entire season means that the entire season will be the same.

@mostlyharmlessn it literally says in the 2nd paragraph of the section about the nodes that its for season 5 and the 2 weeks prior. You are reading to much into what is being said. They spelled it out for you quite clearly several times.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

It still seems to be missing the point of rotating. If that is truly the intent it would be after every AW or a week of AW not a full season.

Their own statement, no two AW's should be the same. Doing the buff for the entire season means that the entire season will be the same.

@mostlyharmlessn it literally says in the 2nd paragraph of the section about the nodes that its for season 5 and the 2 weeks prior. You are reading to much into what is being said. They spelled it out for you quite clearly several times.

No I'm making a statement as to what I think would be a better way to do this.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The bleed immunity is annoying but you can work around it. It's honestly just lazy and I'm sure took almost zero thought to add. My worry is what are they going to pus in next season after seeing that people are still going to use the r5 Blades?

I'm also still waiting to hear how adding 5 new mini-bosses and a global node doesn't make AW harder.
  • Options
    The bleed immunity is annoying but you can work around it. It's honestly just lazy and I'm sure took almost zero thought to add. My worry is what are they going to pus in next season after seeing that people are still going to use the r5 Blades?

I'm also still waiting to hear how adding 5 new mini-bosses and a global node doesn't make AW harder.

I think the bigger issue is the changes to the game but not changing rewards to suit and given they made this chat and then refused to listen to us, it’s frustating knowing that they hardly listen and all we see is increase dificulty and no reward increase.
    We have a voice but if no one is listening then it’s worthless just another convo between players
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    In essence, nothing will actually change except for AW becoming harder and more stressful while the rewards stay the same.

This means more $$$ in Kabam's accounts from pots & revives, so that's mission accomplished from their POV.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    @Raganator 100% Offensive AAR for tech champs like we got for last month's Magneto event quest boss could hurt Sparky more than Resistor
This discussion has been closed.