**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Champion Improvement Suggestions [edited by Mod for clarity]

Comments

• BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    TAKE TWO.

Champion Redesign: Falcon (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    falcon_civil_war_by_alexiscabo1-da1fs6n.png

Falcon is another Champion that showed great promise, but fell through, much like the other redesigned Champions in this thread. He's supposed to be trained in martial arts, a master acrobat, and a proficient tactician and strategist. In his Contest iteration, he is none of those things. His specials are easy to dodge, his utility is weak, and he's all-around rather dull. It's my goal to bring some of his comic-book qualities out in this revision.

Signature Ability - S.H.I.E.L.D. Team Leader: Falcon's skill at leading his team through the toughest of battles has also taught him a few tricks. He gains the following:
    • Well-Timed Blocks: Inflicts a Vulnerability Debuff for 7.50 seconds, granting him +10% Special Attack Damage while Redwing is Locked On. (max stacks: 1)
    • Heavy Attacks: Inflicts a Weakness Debuff, reducing the opponent's Attack Rating by 25% for 7.50 seconds. (max stacks: 2)
    • Special Attacks: Special Attacks have a 15% chance to Power Lock the opponent for 5.50 seconds while Redwing is Locked On.
    • Redwing: Redwing's Recon Scan is reduced by 0.5 seconds, and its Cooldown phase is reduced by 3.0 seconds.
    • All Champions on Falcon's team (other than Falcon) gain +5% Ability Accuracy due to Falcon's excellent leadership.

VISUALS
    • When Blocking, Falcon's wings extend around him to provide him with a protective shell, in similar fashion to Archangel's wings. When not blocking, Falcon's wings are retracted back into his pack.
    • When Dodging Back, Falcon backflips out of the way.
    • When Intercepting, Falcon's wings extend and a small blast of air is issued from the magnetic drive.

ABILITIES
    Redwing (Passive):
    • Redwing begins each fight ready to go.
    • The second light and medium attack in each Combo is an attack made directly by Redwing (in similar fashion to how some of Yondu's attacks are made by his Yaka Arrow). These attacks utilize an EMP pulse wave that has a 20% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff on non-Robotic Champions, dealing 477.2 Damage as direct damage over 6 seconds. These attacks also have a 20% chance to inflict Power Drain on Robotic Champions, draining up to 8% of his opponent's Max Power.
    • To begin a Recon Scan, Dodge back and hold Block for 2.0 seconds. While Locked On, the opponent's Defensive Ability Accuracy is reduced by 100% for 12 seconds. At the same time, Falcon's Ability Accuracy is increased by 15% for 12 seconds. After Locked On expires, Redwing enters a Cooldown phase for 8.0 seconds before another Recon Scan can be initiated.
    • Redwing remains Locked On to Science Champions for 20% longer than normal. Additionally, Redwing remains Locked On to Mutant Champions for 20% shorter than normal.
    Scanning System (Passive): Falcon's scanning system in his goggles recalibrates each time the opponent triggers a Passive Evade, increasing Falcon's Critical Damage Rating by 169.57 until his next Critical Hit.
    Martial Training (Passive): Sam Wilson's extensive martial training has made him a terrifying combatant. When Dashing Back, he gains 520.05 additional Block Proficiency for 2.25 seconds. When Intercepting, he gains 102.9 additional Critical Rating on his attack.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special 1 - Fading Barrage: With a quick jet blast, Falcon kicks his foe, then lets loose a barrage from his twin SMGs.
    • 85% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 1228.79 Direct Damage over 3.50 seconds.
    • The chance to trigger Bleed is increased by 15% if Redwing is Locked On.
    • This Attack has 918.61 increased Critical Rating versus Champions that are Bleed Immune.
    Special 2 - Raptor Strike: Guided by Redwing’s recon, Falcon dives in on his target for a massive strike.
    • This attack ignores Physical Resistance and has 344.12 increased Critical Hit Chance if Redwing is locked on.
    • If Redwing is Locked On, this attack inflicts a permanent Passive Debuff that reduces the opponent's Physical Resistance by 150 for the remainder of the fight.
    Special 3 - Tango Down: Calling in a strafing run. Firing guided missiles. Target down.
    • This attack Incinerates the enemy, dealing 1169.14 Energy Damage over 10 seconds. This effect also removes Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50% while it’s active.
    • If Redwing is Locked On, an additional 20% Block Proficiency is removed.
    • If Redwing is Locked On, this attack inflicts a permanent Passive Debuff that reduces the opponent's Physical Resistance by 150 for the remainder of the fight.

SYNERGIES
    • Friends with Captain America, Captain America (WWII), or Captain America (Infinity War): All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating and Redwing's Recon Bonus.
    • Enemies with War Machine, Black Widow, Vision (Age of Ultron), Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), or Black Panther (Civil War): All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating and Redwing's Recon Bonus.
    • Teammates with Ant-Man or Hawkeye: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance and Redwing's Recon Bonus.
    • Cap's Followers with Winter Soldier, or Scarlet Witch: For all Champions, blocking reduces incoming damage by +4% and all Champions gain Redwing's Recon Bonus.
    • Fellow Avengers with Black Panther and Vision: All Champions gain Redwing's Recon Bonus. Falcon: Falcon's wings give him cover and protection, granting him a 12.5% Chance to trigger an Armor Up Buff whenever Redwing's Lock On expires, increasing his Armor Rating by 50% for 8.0 seconds. Black Panther: Black Panther has a 25% chance to trigger a Fury Buff whenever his opponent fails to acquire a Bleed Debuff, increasing his Attack rating by 10% for 7.0 seconds. Vision: Vision increases the amount of Power burnt by +5%, inflicting additional Direct Damage proportional to the amount lost. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • New Avengers with Thor, Thor (Ragnarok), Miss Marvel, or Captain Marvel: All Champions gain Redwing's Recon Bonus. Falcon: Special Attack 2 deals an additional 2% damage and has a 10% chance to Stun his opponent for 1.50 seconds. Thor: The time it takes to trigger a Fury buff is reduced from 30 seconds to 22 seconds. Thor (Ragnarok): When opponents intercept Thor's Dash, his chance to Auto-Block attacks is increased by 5%. Miss Marvel and Captain Marvel: Miss Marvel and Captain Marvel take 10% less damage from energy-based Attacks, and these attacks fuel their Power Meter as if they were at full strength. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    7. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    I wonder about Falcon obtaining Vulture's "can't be stuck whilst dashing back' ability?

It becomes a form of backup Dexterity useful when you want to turn Dex off to avoid Buffet; or when champs like Void and Heimdall stop Dexterity working for everyone else.
    I did consider this, but I figured I already added a ton into the Falcon redesign and thought that might be a hair too far.

Just a suggestion:
    Perhaps if certain redesigns get enough Likes and Awesomes, the Powers that Be might actually incorporate some of those ideas, so if you like something, show your appreciation for it!

Best wishes!
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    For anyone that might want to look at my previous remakes, here’s the ones I’ve done

Abomination
    Joe Fixit
    Kamala Khan
    She-Hulk
    Mordo
    Magneto
    Colossus
    Deadpool X-Force
    Iron Man (OG)
    Hulkbuster
    Spider-Gwen
    Falcon

I think that’s everything. I dunno, though, but you’ll find everything if you feel like looking
    You should really link these (as I have in my posts). It makes them a lot easier to find!

Also, as a general note to all, I think a little formatting goes a long way to making the redesigns easier to read. One of the reasons I didn't comment on the Cyclops revisions was because of WALL OF TEXT.

Best wishes, all!
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Buff Groots regen and damage output.
    edited November 2018
    Champion Redesign: She-Hulk (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    1169625-prv4758_pg3.jpg

51dlbc8lkTL._SX425_.jpg

Let's face it; She-Hulk is boring and underwhelming. Inarguably the weakest of the Hulk-type Champions, She-Hulk neither benefits from Hulk-like rage, nor does she apparently benefit from anything resembling super strength. Her base Attack values aren't much higher than Ant-Man's, her Special Attacks are easy to dodge, and she doesn't benefit from any kind of tactical know-how. She has no real niche in the game, and pretty much everyone who pulls her from any Crystal groans about it. I'd like to change that, and so the following are my suggestions to improve her.

VISUALS
    She-Hulk's visual design is a little wrong. Her hair should have more body and curl to it, and her face should look less "Fiona from Shrek" and more like either Storm's (preferrably) or Psylocke's (without the almond-shaped eyes).

Take off the silly white evening gloves and the white go-go boots and give her purple training gloves and white combat boots, or alternatively, give her blue jeans and white sneakers. Use either of the two (above) pictures as inspiration for her look, because the current look is a cross between Fiona (from Shrek) and an original Fantastic 4 Sue Storm. It looks pretty bad.

Signature Ability - Citing Precedent: Jennifer Walters' relentless studying and research on her opponent allows her to place a Passive effect on them, reducing a specific stat by 30%, based on which Class they are.
    • Cosmic: Buff Duration.
    • Mutant: Special Attack Damage.
    • Mystic: Power Gain Rate.
    • Science: Physical Resistance.
    • Skill: Critical Hit Damage.
    • Tech: Ability Accuracy.
    Additionally, She-Hulk's has done her research, increasing her capabilities depending upon which Class her opponent is.
    • Cosmic: She-Hulk throws off Stuns 1.50 seconds faster.
    • Mutant: While her opponent benefits from a Regeneration Buff, She-Hulk's basic attacks deal an additional 10% damage.
    • Mystic: 10% chance to resist a Counterspell, Nullify, or Stagger Debuff.
    • Science: 10% chance to resist a Fatigue or Exhaustion Debuff.
    • Skill: She-Hulk throws off Bleed Debuffs 1.50 seconds faster.
    • Tech: Special Attacks gain a 10% chance to inflict an Armor Break Debuff, reducing the opponent's Armor Rating by 295.75 for 4.0 seconds.

ABILITIES
    Gamma-Mutated Physiology (Passive): An enhanced immune system provides full immunity to the Poisons of the Battlerealm. Additionally, She-Hulk is capable of withstanding temperatures between -190°F and 3000°F, and is therefore immune to Incinerate, Coldsnap, and Frostbite.
    Pummel (Passive): She-Hulk's Heavy Attacks attempt to knock some sense into Stunned Champions, striking with 1089.6 increased Attack and removing the Stun effect.
    Weight-Training (Passive): She-Hulk's extensive weight training allows her Special Attacks an increased chance to Stun based on how large the opposing Champion is.
    • Size: S Champions: +18.0% chance to Stun.
    • Size: M Champions: +13.5% chance to Stun.
    • Size: L Champions: +9.0% chance to Stun.
    • Size: XL Champions: +4.5% chance to Stun.
    When Struck, or Whenever Stun Fails to Trigger: She-Hulk has a 6% chance to gain a Passive Fury Buff, increasing her Attack Rating by 59.15 for the remainder of the fight.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special 1 - Objection!: She-Hulk shows a strong objection to the opponent's tactics, in the form launching herself forward and landing three punches to the opponent's face before kicking them away.
    • 60% chance to Stun for 4.0 seconds.
    • This attack deals True Damage, ignoring all of the opponent's Armor.
    • Against Stun Immune Champions, this attack has a 60% chance to inflict Armor Break, reducing the opponent's Armor Rating by 473.2 for 6.0 seconds.
    Special 2 - Found in Contempt: For any defendant who disrespects the courtroom, She-Hulk provides a fitting punishment. She-Hulk rips up a chunk of floor, spins about, and flings it, low to the ground, knocking her opponent down onto their face!
    • 70% chance to Stun for 5.0 seconds.
    • This attack is Unblockable.
    • Against Stun Immune Champions, this attack has a 70% chance to inflict Armor Break, reducing the opponent's Armor Rating by 615.16 for 7.5 seconds.
    Special 3 - Clear the Courtroom: Opponent found guilty. Case closed. She-Hulk charges forward, landing a series of savage punches, kicks, and elbows into her opponent. She then head-butts them into the ground and takes one last stomp on top of them before brushing her hair back and smiling!
    • 90% chance to Stun for 5.50 seconds.
    • Against Stun Immune Champions, this attack has a 90% chance to inflict Armor Break, reducing the opponent's Armor Rating by 799.71 for 8.25 seconds.

SYNERGIES
    • Family: with Hulk, Joe Fixit, or Hulk (Ragnarok): All Champions gain +6% Health.
    • Legal Defense with Daredevil or Daredevil (Netflix): All Champions' Stun abilities are 15% more likely to trigger.
    • Romance with Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, Hulkbuster, or Iron Man (Infinity War): All Champions gain +5% Power Gain.
    • Teammates with Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan): All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Heroes for Hire with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Fist (Immortal) or Ant-Man: All Champions gain +75 Block Proficiency & +75 Physical Resistance.
    • Fearsome Four with Howard the Duck: She-Hulk: Power Sting, Power Drain, and Power Steal are 7% less effective against She-Hulk. Howard the Duck: Special Attack 1 only reduces Attributes by 4% for the remainder of the fight instead of 6%. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Women Warriors with Captain Marvel, Medusa, or Scarlet Witch: She-Hulk: She-Hulk gains +8% Attack Rating. Captain Marvel: Fury Buffs are 6% more likely to trigger. Medusa: Fury Buffs last an additional 2 seconds. Scarlet Witch: Whenever Scarlet Witch Nullifies a Buff, she has a 30% chance to Nullify 1 additional Buff. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    @Bodhizen can you do one for War Machine?
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    @Bodhizen can you do one for War Machine?

I most certainly could, but it won't be until tomorrow at the earliest.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Okay, I’m not as savvy as @Bodhizen at linking stuff, but hey, I can link things, at least. Here’s my reworks so far!

Abomination
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/627272/#Comment_627272

Joe Fixit
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/627273/#Comment_627273

Kamala Khan
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/627274/#Comment_627274

Mordo
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/627276/#Comment_627276

She-Hulk
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/627278/#Comment_627278

X-Pool DeadForce
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/627279/#Comment_627279

Colossus
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/627304/#Comment_627304

Magneto (OG)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/628287/#Comment_628287

Iron Man (OG)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/628897/#Comment_628897

Hulkbuster
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/629392/#Comment_629392

Spider-Gwen
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/644144/#Comment_644144

Cap WWII
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/647759/#Comment_647759

Falcon
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/648127/#Comment_648127

There ya go. Those are my reworks so far. And I’m also planning on writing a WM rework soon, maybe even later tonight
    So, I’m not a huge iron fist fan, whether it be comics, or tv, but I do recognize he is a fighter to be respected and feared. With that being said, I think you should do a few small changes to make him a bit more true to comics.

Attacks involving iron fist’s hand cannot he evaded. (Kind of a soft true strike like IMIW).

Every hit he lands adds a stackable fist buff that increases his attack when used with his specials (No increase in attack during normal attacks). No limit to amount being stacked.

*Fist buffs are completely used after a special is used but may be refreshed if a heavy is landed within 10 seconds of using a special.

awakened ability:

If iron fist is hit, his fist buff counts down to zero over ten seconds. During the countdown Iron fist fist glows causing him to gain fury, critical hits and cruelty all equal to ten times the amount of hits landed before being hit. Hits may be refreshed/saved if a special is fired off, followed by a heavy.

(Capped/starts at 100 hits, can be increased with signature ability. Higher star has high cap. If not awakened all buffs lost upon being hit).

New synergy:

Way of the spider:

Unawakened classic spider-man makes up for his lack of spider sense by homing in his new kung fu style “Way of the Spider” and has a 90% chance to land a critical hit.

(In the comics, spider-man lost his spidey sense and trained with Iron Fist to learn how to fight, creating “Way of The Spider.” Remember Spider-Man never really learned how to fight he’s all natural).

Iron fist gains true strike after 10 hits.

Just a pipe dream but thought I’d share. By the way, I do not have a 5 or 6 star iron fist, so I would not benefit from any changes.

Give the fist counters a cap. A high one, sure, but it needs to stop somewhere. Also, I’m probably just bad at reading, but is the sig basically giving him a sort of timed revenge mechanic? That’d be pretty fun, but that is what that is, right?

Otherwise, I like the simple yet effective approach. The soft true strike is nifty, as is that synergy. However, would it only work with an unawakened spidey? I have an awakened one, and that’d be a bummer for me. Maybe have the synergy give him a normal and “way of the spider” stance, with the latter negating evade? Kinda like NC works now?

Just my thoughts. Like I said, simple yet effective. I like it!
    edited November 2018
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    Champion Redesign: She-Hulk (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    1169625-prv4758_pg3.jpg

51dlbc8lkTL._SX425_.jpg

Let's face it; She-Hulk is boring and underwhelming. Inarguably the weakest of the Hulk-type Champions, She-Hulk neither benefits from Hulk-like rage, nor does she apparently benefit from anything resembling super strength. Her base Attack values aren't much higher than Ant-Man's, her Special Attacks are easy to dodge, and she doesn't benefit from any kind of tactical know-how. She has no real niche in the game, and pretty much everyone who pulls her from any Crystal groans about it. I'd like to change that, and so the following are my suggestions to improve her.

VISUALS
    She-Hulk's visual design is a little wrong. Her hair should have more body and curl to it, and her face should look less "Fiona from Shrek" and more like either Storm's (preferrably) or Psylocke's (without the almond-shaped eyes).

Take off the silly white evening gloves and the white go-go boots and give her purple training gloves and white combat boots, or alternatively, give her blue jeans and white sneakers. Use either of the two (above) pictures as inspiration for her look, because the current look is a cross between Fiona (from Shrek) and an original Fantastic 4 Sue Storm. It looks pretty bad.

Signature Ability - Citing Precedent: Jennifer Walters' relentless studying and research on her opponent allows her to place a Passive effect on them, reducing a specific stat by 30%, based on which Class they are.
    • Skill: Critical Hit Damage.
    Additionally, She-Hulk's has done her research, increasing her capabilities depending upon which Class her opponent is.
    • Mutant: While her opponent benefits from a Regeneration Buff, She-Hulk's basic attacks deal an additional 10% damage.
    • Tech: Special Attacks gain a 10% chance to inflict an Armor Break Debuff, reducing the opponent's Armor Rating by 295.75 for 4.0 seconds.

ABILITIES
    Gamma-Mutated Physiology (Passive): An enhanced immune system provides full immunity to the Poisons of the Battlerealm. Additionally, She-Hulk is capable of withstanding temperatures between -190°F and 3000°F, and is therefore immune to Incinerate, Coldsnap, and Frostbite.
    Pummel (Passive): She-Hulk's Heavy Attacks attempt to knock some sense into Stunned Champions, striking with 1089.6 increased Attack and removing the Stun effect.
    Weight-Training (Passive): She-Hulk's extensive weight training allows her Special Attacks an increased chance to Stun based on how large the opposing Champion is.
    When Struck, or Whenever Stun Fails to Trigger: She-Hulk has a 6% chance to gain a Passive Fury Buff, increasing her Attack Rating by 59.15 for the remainder of the fight.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special 1 - Objection!: She-Hulk shows a strong objection to the opponent's tactics, in the form launching herself forward and landing three punches to the opponent's face before kicking them away.
    • Against Stun Immune Champions, this attack has a 60% chance to inflict Armor Break, reducing the opponent's Armor Rating by 473.2 for 6.0 seconds.
    Special 2 - Found in Contempt: For any defendant who disrespects the courtroom, She-Hulk provides a fitting punishment. She-Hulk rips up a chunk of floor, spins about, and flings it, low to the ground, knocking her opponent down onto their face!
    • Against Stun Immune Champions, this attack has a 70% chance to inflict Armor Break, reducing the opponent's Armor Rating by 615.16 for 7.5 seconds.
    Special 3 - Clear the Courtroom: Opponent found guilty. Case closed. She-Hulk charges forward, landing a series of savage punches, kicks, and elbows into her opponent. She then head-butts them into the ground and takes one last stomp on top of them before brushing her hair back and smiling!
    • Against Stun Immune Champions, this attack has a 90% chance to inflict Armor Break, reducing the opponent's Armor Rating by 799.71 for 8.25 seconds.

SYNERGIES
    • Family: with Hulk, Joe Fixit, or Hulk (Ragnarok): All Champions gain +6% Health.
    • Legal Defense with Daredevil or Daredevil (Netflix): All Champions' Stun abilities are 15% more likely to trigger.
    • Romance with Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, Hulkbuster, or Iron Man (Infinity War): All Champions gain +5% Power Gain.
    • Teammates with Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan): All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Heroes for Hire with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Fist (Immortal) or Ant-Man: All Champions gain +75 Block Proficiency & +75 Physical Resistance.
    • Fearsome Four with Howard the Duck: She-Hulk: Power Sting, Power Drain, and Power Steal are 7% less effective against She-Hulk. Howard the Duck: Special Attack 1 only reduces Attributes by 4% for the remainder of the fight instead of 6%. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Women Warriors with Captain Marvel, Medusa, or Scarlet Witch: She-Hulk: She-Hulk gains +8% Attack Rating. Captain Marvel: Fury Buffs are 6% more likely to trigger. Medusa: Fury Buffs last an additional 2 seconds. Scarlet Witch: Whenever Scarlet Witch Nullifies a Buff, she has a 30% chance to Nullify 1 additional Buff. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon

Now THAT is what she hulk should be. Effective, but never far too much so. A sort of jack of all trades with her sig ability, but never too much on any front.

One question, though. Does the fury stack indefinitely? Or does it stop somewhere? Not that it’d be game breaking, I’m just wondering.

The synergy with howard definitely has a typo, as it detriments howard’s abilities, though, I did notice something was a bit off there.

Sensational, my friend. This is one of your finest works. I thought I liked MY rework (and I still do) but this is just better all around. Truly sensational!
  • Small suggestion for a taskmaster synergy for future champ:

“Taskmaster: when he avoids incoming attacks, taskmaster is protected for an additional 0.3 seconds.”

Not sure if 0.3 is the exact right number, but the idea here is to make his heavy attack reset mechanic more useful. The current one second duration is a tick too short to let you use the mechanic to its full potential. The idea is to solve the case where you exploit during a combo and then immediately charge and release heavy, but in the moment you charge the heavy they dash back or throw a special. That circumstance CAN happen and makes the heavy reset one second protection mechanic really only usable in hard content in the narrow case where enemy is under one bar of power and on back wall — too risky otherwise. With an additional 0.3 (or 0.5 or whatever the right number is), task will be able to finish out the heavy animation and throw up a block and avoid eating a counterattack or back of a multi-hit special. It would open a new, fun, aggressive style of play for the character and make it easier to stack 5 concussions for big burst damage.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,248 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    @Bodhizen @Whododo872

I liked this She-Hullk rework too. I like the defensive half of her Sig that you've designed.

You've changed the Sig against Skill champs - her current Sig reduces their critical rate rather than damage; so will also have knock-on reductions in her being affected by Bleed, Stun, Power Drain effects, and so forth. Was that intentional?

I like the 'when struck' passive Fury gain, as that will give her a bit of ramp-up damage; but won't be disproportionate (compared to the likes of OG Hulk or Sabretooth).

Good work.
    Now THAT is what she hulk should be. Effective, but never far too much so. A sort of jack of all trades with her sig ability, but never too much on any front.

One question, though. Does the fury stack indefinitely? Or does it stop somewhere? Not that it’d be game breaking, I’m just wondering.

The synergy with howard definitely has a typo, as it detriments howard’s abilities, though, I did notice something was a bit off there.

Sensational, my friend. This is one of your finest works. I thought I liked MY rework (and I still do) but this is just better all around. Truly sensational!
    Thank you for the kind words, good sir! Maybe we should work on one together.

Yes, the Passive Fury Buffs stack indefinitely. Since they don't carry over from fight to fight, have a 6% chance of activation, and carry a small benefit each time, it just helps She-Hulk to carry herself through some of the long fights, making her someone to consider as an alternative to Champions like Star-Lord (who can lose his boosts if he loses his Combo Meter). The synergy with Howard is indeed a typo, and I'll fix that in a new post. Great catch!
    edited November 2018
    1169625-prv4758_pg3.jpg

51dlbc8lkTL._SX425_.jpg

VISUALS

• Skill: Critical Rating.

ABILITIES

SPECIAL ATTACKS

SYNERGIES
    • Fearsome Four with Howard the Duck: She-Hulk: Power Sting, Power Drain, and Power Steal are 7% less effective against She-Hulk. Howard the Duck: Special Attack 1 reduces Attributes by 8% for the remainder of the fight instead of 6%. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon

@Bodhizen @Whododo872

I liked this She-Hullk rework too. I like the defensive half of her Sig that you've designed.

You've changed the Sig against Skill champs - her current Sig reduces their critical rate rather than damage; so will also have knock-on reductions in her being affected by Bleed, Stun, Power Drain effects, and so forth. Was that intentional?

I like the 'when struck' passive Fury gain, as that will give her a bit of ramp-up damage; but won't be disproportionate (compared to the likes of OG Hulk or Sabretooth).

Good work.
    Thank you for the praise as well, good sir! I think the signature against Skill Champs got changed at some point. I was going off the MCOC Wiki entry for She-Hulk, since in the game itself, it doesn't actually say what Citing Precedent does. I think this works all right, though a chance was not intentional.

Best wishes!
    My First Request:

Champion Redesign: War Machine (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    iron-man-2-war-machine-sixth-scale-hot-toys-silo-902615.png

War Machine, as a Champion, is mediocre. When you pull him from a Crystal, you're not jumping for joy that you got such a badass attack Champion, nor are you smiling with satisfaction that you got a decent War defender. You're just kind of shaking your head that he's all you got. The War Machine armor hasn't had as many revisions as the Iron Man armor has, but War Machine definitely could use a revision. I present the following to you:

Signature Ability - Empty the Clip (Passive):
    • While War Machine's Health is above 20%, he gains +200 Armor Penetration and +200 Block Penetration.
    • War Machine readies all remaining ordnance if Health drops below 20%, granting 12 stacks of Armor Up, each increasing Armor Rating by 984.78. These stacks are lost as he is struck.
    • Triggering his Empty the Clip routine, War Machine gains 12 stacks of Fury, each increasing Attack by 85.37. These stacks are lost as he lands attacks.
    • When War Machine exhausts his Armor Up and Fury stacks, he relies upon the repulsor units in his hands to ward off energy attacks with wide-dispersal bursts, granting him +1500 Energy Resistance when blocking Special Attacks.

ABILITIES
    Bleed Resistance (Passive): War Machine's reinforced armor is capable of withstanding high caliber bullets with ease, making him resistant to Bleed effects, decreasing their Potency and Duration by 65%.
    Energy Conversion: The War Machine armor is able to convert nearby energy sources, such as heat or kinetic energy, into electricity. Whenever War Machine takes Incinerate or Shock damage, he converts 12% of the damage taken into his Power Meter.
    Heavy Attacks: Heavy attacks make use of War Machine's impressive array of ordnance. Each time he launches a Heavy Attack, he automatically switches to the next ordnance. War Machine can also Dash back and hold Block for 1.50 seconds to manually switch ordnance. (The visual for this would be similar to Domino's pitching a grenade at the feet of her opponent.)
    • Grenade: War Machine tosses a grenade at his opponent's feet, causing a small explosion. When blocked, this attack has a 45% chance to inflict Incinerate, dealing 344.4 Direct Damage over 5.0 seconds. A successful attack increases the chance to trigger and the damage dealt by 20%. While his opponent is suffering from this Incinerate Debuff, War Machine gains +114.8 Attack Rating.
    • Taser: War Machine jabs a prod that extends from his hand into his opponent. When blocked, this attack has a 45% chance to inflict Shock, dealing 459.2 Direct Damage over 5.0 seconds. A successful attack increases the chance to trigger and the damage dealt by 20%. While his opponent is suffering from this Shock Debuff, War Machine gains +56.8 Critical Rating.
    • Shrapnel: War Machine tosses a shrapnel bomb at his opponent's feet, sending shards of metal up to shred his opponent. When blocked, this attack has a 65% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 459.2 Direct Damage over 5.0 seconds. A successful attack increases the chance to trigger and the damage dealt by 20%. While his opponent is suffering from this Bleed Debuff, War Machine gains +155 Block Penetration.
    When Attacked: 9% chance to Armor Up, increasing Armor Rating by 2850 for 6.0 seconds. By Dashing back and idling for 1.0 seconds, War Machine can convert this Armor Up Buff into a Passive Permanent Buff that raises his Block Proficiency by 405.36. (max stacks: 5)

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special 1 - Blast Barrage: Firing his wrist-mounted minigun, War Machine bombards his opponent with over 250 rounds in less than 2 seconds.
    • 63% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 394.31 Direct Damage over 5.0 seconds.
    • Against Bleed Immune Champions, this attack has a 40% chance to inflict a Concussion, reducing the enemy's Defensive Ability Accuracy by 10% for 6.0 seconds.
    Special 2 - Shoulder Artillery: War Machine launches a Stark Industries heavy artillery shell from his trusted shoulder cannon.
    • 48.5% chance to inflict Incinerate, dealing 283.93 Direct Damage over 8.0 seconds.
    • 100% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying 2322.22 Armor Rating reduction for 12 seconds.
    Special 3 - Heavy Ordnance: War Machine lets fly everything he has, punishing his opponent with a massive barrage of .50 rounds, iron clad punches, and a single high-explosive bunker buster artillery shell
    • 82% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 403.48 Direct Damage over 6.0 seconds.
    • 100% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying 2850 Armor Rating reduction for 12.0 seconds.

SYNERGIES
    • Friends with Iron Man, Hulkbuster, Superior Iron Man, or Iron Man (Infinity War): All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Enemies with Hawkeye or Black Panther: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    • Teammates with Black Widow or She-Hulk: All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.
    • Not Quite Iron Man with Iron Patriot and Civil Warrior: War Machine: Damage over Time effects have a +5% chance to trigger. Iron Patriot: The potency of Iron Patriot's Arc Overload is increased by 6%. Civil Warrior: Heavy Attack Heal Blocks persist for an additional 48% duration.
    • Tin Man with Sentinel: War Machine: Well-Timed Blocks prevent the target from recovering Health for 4.0 seconds. Sentinel: Each Analysis Charge increases the Sentinel's chance for blocks to reduce all damage to 0 by 0.10%.

PREVIOUS REVISIONS:
    1. Unstoppable Colossus
    2. Magneto
    3. Spider-Gwen
    4. Captain Marvel
    5. Hulkbuster
    6. Iron Fist
    8. Falcon
    9. She-Hulk
    War Machine:

With WM, what I can tell is that he’s big on bleed damage and special attack damage in terms of his initial design. However, they fall flat with weak effects, weak overall attack, a mostly offensively useless sig, and special attacks no more frequent than someone without any effect on their power gain at all. So, here’s my rework for him, and my attempt to remedy all his weaknesses and play them to his strengths

Signature Ability: Military Firepower
    - War Machine’s suit has been upgraded to handle 15 Arms and 30 Ammunition charges (no scale, this is flat
    - Additionally, War Machine’s special attacks retain up to 20% of the power spent (scales with sig)

Base Kit:

- War Machine’s suit prepares him for battle, granting him a passive boost in armor and critical resistance for the whole fight (this resistance would equate to about 15 or 20 percent armor and crit resistance, however that would be in flat values)
    - Upon being hit, 20% chance to gain a 7 second Armor Up, increasing armor by 15% (insert flat value here) (These do not stack, only refresh)

Arms and Ammunition
    - Land a heavy attack or an intercept, and War Machine gains an Arms passive charge, increasing his attack and special damage by (about 3% in flat values). These stack to 10
    - Hold block for 0.5 seconds or land a well-timed block, and War Machine gains one ammunition charge. These stack to 20, and are used in his special attacks

War Veteran
    - Rhodes has been in and survived many a battle, granting him exceptional fighting spirit in his battles in the contest. For each opponent he defeats in a quest, he gains 2 persistent Arms and Ammunition charges, separate from those he gains during the fight. These stack up to 8, and can be used but not consumed by his abilities. If he dies during the quest, these charges are lost

Special Attacks
    - All special attacks consume non-persistent Ammunition charges, and grant bonuses based on how much they consume. These abilities consume as much Ammunition as a threshold would demand, to the highest amount they can
    (Kinda hard to explain. Say an ability takes 5 Ammunition. You have 6. It consumes 5, you keep the 1 extra. Make sense? Good. Let’s continue)

Ammunition Cost Thresholds:

0 Ammunition: Gain 5 Ammunition charges for future use

1 Ammunition: +5% Special Damage

5 Ammunition: +10% Special Damage and Ability Accuracy

10 Ammunition: +15% debuff duration, special damage, and ability accuracy

20 Ammunition: +25% debuff duration, special damage, and ability accuracy

Any additional Ammunition goes towards adding +5% crit rate if the 20 cap is exceeded, and the excess will be consumed

Special 1:
    - Each hit has a 30% chance to inflict bleed, dealing 5% of War Machine’s attack over 5 seconds
    - If Ammunition exceeds 20, Bleed effects gain 1 second of duration and deal 2.5% of War Machine’s attack instantly (a la Deep Wounds)

Special 2:
    - 50% chance to inflict Armor Break, breaking armor by 500 per Ammunition threshold (500 base) for 7 seconds
    - If Ammunition exceeds 20, Armor Break duration is doubled. Debuff duration bonuses are added after this doubling effect

Special 3:
    - Inflicts Armor Break (same as the L2)
    - 60% chance to inflict Bleed for 50% of War Machine’s attack over 7 seconds
    - Grants a fury buff for 10 seconds after this attack, adding 6% attack per Arms charge War Machine has. This consumes all Arms charges War Machine currently has

Synergies:

What a dumb name (with Iron Patriot):

War Machine: +10% power rate while the opponent has a debuff

IP: No longer able to be afflicted by Burnt Out

Bloodletting (with Deadpool X-Force and Carnage):

War Machine: +10% Bleed damage

Deadpool (X-Force): Duodenum Poke Bleeds can stack up to 3

Carnage: +200 crit rate while the opponent is bleeding

Soldiers (with Cap OG and WWII):

War Machine: At full Ammunition charges, special attacks are Unblockable

Cap (OG and WWII): +10% stun ability accuracy and +1 second stun duration

Nice shot, jerk! (With Vision AoU)

War Machine: L2 cannot be passively Evaded

Vision (AoU): L1 cannot be passively evaded

Friends (with Falcon):

Team gains +155 armor and Redwing’s recon bonus

And that’s that! This one took me a bit longer to write, so sorry it came later than I said it would. Lot of ideas came and subsequently went to the bin. Hope y’all like it! Looks like @Bodhizen beat me to the punch on this one though haha. But upon glancing, our designs are actaully quite different.

Cheers, everyone! I’ll see ya in my next comment, I guess!
    Okay @Bodhizen and @Whododo872.

You've shamed me into learning a bit more about bb code now. No excuse for not reading Cyke's rework now!

sfp24k3bj9dx.gif

Blue Team Cyclops

Here's a slightly different version for Blue Team Cyclops. When he was introduced, it was explained that he had spent a long time imprisoned in crystal, hence giving him abilities like his passive power gain. I've built on this concept to give him a somewhat 'mutated' power set to the standard Red Cyclops; with his optic blasts now doing a bit less damage but having additional interactions with the opponent's Power levels, to make Cyke more utilitarian and less raw offense:

Passive

Due to prolonged exposure to the energies of the Battlerealm whilst in his crystal prison, Cyclops gains power faster at lower power levels.

Strategy

Cyclops gains and loses strategy counters during a fight:
    • +4 When he makes a well-timed block
    • +4 When he intercepts a dash attack
    • +4When he evades an attack using Dexterity.
    • +2 Every ten hits in his combo
    • +2 When he Armour Breaks an opponent
    • -10 when Stunned
    • -10 when hit with an SP3
    • -5 when Concussed or Dazed (also reduces Strategy gain by half for the duration)

Strategy grants Blue Team Cyclops the following bonuses. Greater bonuses replace those at lower levels:
    Beam attacks reduce the opponent's block proficiency by 40 per point of Strategy
    10 Points:
    • +10% Bonus critical damage on Beam attacks
    20 Points:
    • +20% Bonus critical damage on Beam attacks
    • +20% Ability Accuracy and debuff duration on Specials
    • Cyclops' passive power gain increases in effect by 20%
    30 Points:
    • +40% Bonus critical damage on Beam attacks
    • Opponents gain 30% less Power from Beam attacks
    • Cyclops' passive power gain increases in effect by 40%
    40 Points:
    • +60% Bonus critical damage on Beam attacks
    • Opponents gain 50% less Power from Beam attacks
    50 Points:
    • +40% Ability Accuracy and debuff durations on Specials
    • Cyclops' passive power gain increases in effect by 60%

Note - Blue Cyclops deals less critical damage than Red Cyke; but his other abilities allow him to use Specials more often; as well as to reduce the number of specials his opponent gets to use.

Signature ability:

Cyclops begins the fight with up to 10* Strategy counters.
    Cyclops unlocks the following additional abilities:
    • Cyclops gains up to +25* Block Proficiency per Strategy counter.
    • 30 Points: Beam attacks have a 25% chance to Power Drain up to 15%* of the opponent's total Power
    • 50 Points: Beam attacks have a 40 % chance to Power Drain up to 25%* of the opponent's total Power Meter.
    * Scales with Sig level.

Special Attacks:
    • Special 1 - Optic blast: This attack has +800 Critical Rating, and a 60% chance to armour break (three stacks, mild effect and 7s duration
    • Special 2 - Back Off!: This attack has +1500 Critical Rating. Beam attacks have a 70% chance to armour break (two stacks, strong effect, 9s duration), and a 60% chance to inflict Petrify debuff (25% reduced Power Gain and Regeneration) for 6 seconds
    • Special 3 - Gigawatt blast: This potent blast has a 60% chance to inflict each of two stacks of Armour break (moderate effect, 10-second duration). Cyke's Iso-attuned blasts also have a 60% chance to inflict a Power Leak debuff (opponent loses 25% power over four seconds)
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Captain America (OG)

Cap OG is the forgotten Cap. And while I still love playing with him because his block proficiency is so high, he’s basically ineffective and just a roster spot with the puny damage he does.

I think his sig ability is not clear and I’d like to relate to his comic abilities before I suggest this.

I’m the comic lore, he has innate regeneration abilities that allow him to have superhuman stamina, constitution and endurance. This isn’t portrayed in his MCOC avatar.

I first suggest that his fatigue debuffs stack. This is the key to his effectiveness. Opponents can’t block into him (or evade, which you can add a % chance to cause fatigue with each evade)

I suggest that Kabam looks into the “Spry” mechanic, and causes Spry to place a significant decrease in opponent crit rate with each stack. This will deaden crit in opponents if they attack into his block.

Then add the “Gassed” mechanic as his sig ability. Every time a fatigued opponent strikes Cap, a % of the opponent’s health based on how many stacks of fatigue is taken away.

These are in 2.3 Ultron Variant and I thought of Cap as soon as I fought the Ultron drone. They’re great mechanics and already exist!

Basically you wouldn’t be able to hit into his block or evade.

Additionally after 4 fatigue stacks (or whatever is reasonable) he would be immune to stun, fatigue, weakness, concussion.

This would make him a Korg - like defender.

Thank you for this thread
    Fair is fair. I should be giving you feedback as well. So, here we go...
    War Machine:

With WM, what I can tell is that he’s big on bleed damage and special attack damage in terms of his initial design. However, they fall flat with weak effects, weak overall attack, a mostly offensively useless sig, and special attacks no more frequent than someone without any effect on their power gain at all. So, here’s my rework for him, and my attempt to remedy all his weaknesses and play them to his strengths

Signature Ability: Military Firepower
    - War Machine’s suit has been upgraded to handle 15 Arms and 30 Ammunition charges (no scale, this is flat
    - Additionally, War Machine’s special attacks retain up to 20% of the power spent (scales with sig)

So far, I'm not really keen on the static benefit, even though I understand what it's for (later on). It just feels like an overly complicated mechanic to me, but that may be a personal preference thing. The fact that War Machine retains up to 20% of the power spent on the attacks isn't something that I'm grokking as far as where that concept comes from (what it's based off of; comic influence?). It's a nitpick, not an actual criticism of the mechanic.
    Base Kit:

- War Machine’s suit prepares him for battle, granting him a passive boost in armor and critical resistance for the whole fight (this resistance would equate to about 15 or 20 percent armor and crit resistance, however that would be in flat values)
    - Upon being hit, 20% chance to gain a 7 second Armor Up, increasing armor by 15% (insert flat value here) (These do not stack, only refresh)

Arms and Ammunition
    - Land a heavy attack or an intercept, and War Machine gains an Arms passive charge, increasing his attack and special damage by (about 3% in flat values). These stack to 10
    - Hold block for 0.5 seconds or land a well-timed block, and War Machine gains one ammunition charge. These stack to 20, and are used in his special attacks

War Veteran
    - Rhodes has been in and survived many a battle, granting him exceptional fighting spirit in his battles in the contest. For each opponent he defeats in a quest, he gains 2 persistent Arms and Ammunition charges, separate from those he gains during the fight. These stack up to 8, and can be used but not consumed by his abilities. If he dies during the quest, these charges are lost

I think that a boost of 15-20% of his base Armor Rating and Critical Resistance is a lot; perhaps too much. Then he gets a 15% Armor Boost on top of that that has a statistical likelihood of triggering every time he takes a combo to the face? Seems pretty powerful to me. My 3/30 4-star War Machine (I have no reason to take him higher than that) has an Armor Rating of 310. Your base kit boosts that to 356.5 to 372, then you boost it (temporarily) higher to 409.98 to 472.8. By comparison, a 5/50 4-star Sabretooth has 326 Armor; a 5/50 4-star Hyperion has 326, and a 5/50 4-star Quake has 273. War Machine could use a small boost, perhaps, but this seems to be quite a big one to the base kit. I think it might be excessive.

Then his Arms and Ammunition can boost his Attack and Special Damage by up to 55% (which is a lot!), especially since the Passive Arms charges don't wear off. He gets 30% from these Passive Arms charges. Parry-stun-heavy! Parry-stun-heavy! His mechanic encourages him to play like Archangel. Then I add in up to +25% in Ammunition charges by landing well-timed blocks (those Parry-stuns) and holding block for 0.5 seconds (as written, at least he only gains 1 charge each time he does this), but it's not horribly difficult to gain a ton of Ammunition charges with ease to blow up your special attack damage. This mechanic also seems excessive to me.

Then he can gain up to 8 persistent Arms and Ammunition charges (by defeating 4 previous opponents in the quest), meaning that he'll start the fight with +34% Attack and Special Attack damage (+24% from the 8 persistent Arms charges, and an additional +10% from the 8 persistent Ammunition charges). That doesn't even touch the debuff duration and ability accuracy of the special attacks (below).

Now you add in the Signature Ability, and you can boost your Attack and Special Attack damage by +70% (+45% from Arms charges, and +25% more for Ammunition charges), still with that minimum of +34% Attack and Special Attack damage from those persistent charges for defeating 4 previous opponents in the same quest.

That boosts my 3/30 4-star War Machine's Attack from 655 to 877.7 (minimum, if you've got those persistent charges), or up to 1113.5, which is close to the Attack value of my 5/50 4-star Star-Lord or Vision (Age of Ultron) (1172 each). While that might be awesome for your attacker, that's going to make an overpowered defender.
    Special Attacks
    - All special attacks consume non-persistent Ammunition charges, and grant bonuses based on how much they consume. These abilities consume as much Ammunition as a threshold would demand, to the highest amount they can
    (Kinda hard to explain. Say an ability takes 5 Ammunition. You have 6. It consumes 5, you keep the 1 extra. Make sense? Good. Let’s continue)

Ammunition Cost Thresholds:

0 Ammunition: Gain 5 Ammunition charges for future use

1 Ammunition: +5% Special Damage

5 Ammunition: +10% Special Damage and Ability Accuracy

10 Ammunition: +15% debuff duration, special damage, and ability accuracy

20 Ammunition: +25% debuff duration, special damage, and ability accuracy

Any additional Ammunition goes towards adding +5% crit rate if the 20 cap is exceeded, and the excess will be consumed

Special 1:
    - Each hit has a 30% chance to inflict bleed, dealing 5% of War Machine’s attack over 5 seconds
    - If Ammunition exceeds 20, Bleed effects gain 1 second of duration and deal 2.5% of War Machine’s attack instantly (a la Deep Wounds)

Special 2:
    - 50% chance to inflict Armor Break, breaking armor by 500 per Ammunition threshold (500 base) for 7 seconds
    - If Ammunition exceeds 20, Armor Break duration is doubled. Debuff duration bonuses are added after this doubling effect

Special 3:
    - Inflicts Armor Break (same as the L2)
    - 60% chance to inflict Bleed for 50% of War Machine’s attack over 7 seconds
    - Grants a fury buff for 10 seconds after this attack, adding 6% attack per Arms charge War Machine has. This consumes all Arms charges War Machine currently has
    So, I get the mechanic, but it's a really big buff. You automatically get 5 ammunition charges when you hit zero, so you're pretty much always going to get +10% Special Damage and Ability Accuracy.

If I've got enough Ammunition charges (passive persistent or temporary), I can get a 55% chance to inflict Bleed (up from 30%) on SP1 for up to 70% of War Machine's Attack (potentially 779.45 damage over 7.5 seconds, plus an automatic 23.7 damage [negligible], plus the base attack damage of the SP1 attack) on a 3/30 4-star War Machine. That appears to be punching well above the weight class of most Champions at that level (3/30 level, that is). That's before criticals, which get a potential +10% Critical Rate (up from 568 to 624.8 on that 3/30 4-star War Machine).

That's just Special 1. Special 2 has up to a 75% chance to inflict up to a 15,000 armor reduction Armor Break for up to 17.5 seconds if War Machine is awakened and has 20+ Ammunition charges. Special 3 inflicts the same Armor Break (15,000 for up to 17.5 seconds), has up to an 85% chance to inflict 835.13 Bleed damage over 8.75 seconds, and then grants a Fury Buff for 10 seconds that increases his Attack by up to an additional 180% for 10 seconds (pushing the Attack up to 2004.3 as a 3/30 4-star).

And all of this is done while using as little as 80% of the Power Meter it normally takes to use these Special Attacks (at max sig level). The math here is showing that this is overpowered, to say the least.
    Synergies:

Trimmed because the whole post was too long.
    Your synergies seem to be a mixed bag. "What a Dumb Name" is on par with Emma Frost's "It's Complicated" and "Impenetrable Hide" synergies.

The Bloodletting synergy is overpowered for Deadpool (X-Force) allowing it to do 3 stacks of 36.4% (at Sig level 20) Bleed damage over 4 seconds that triggers on all attacks. Carnage goes from Crit Rate 166 (at 3/30 4-star) to Critical Rating 366 that stays that high so long as he makes a heavy attack to keep the bleed up (as heavy attacks have a 100% chance to inflict Bleed, and his Ravager ability grants a 25% chance to auto-refresh the Bleed when it ends). Hit someone with Special 3, and he keeps that +200 Critical Rating for a minimum of 30 seconds.

I'm not really going any further through the Synergies than that at this point. Generally speaking, this revision comes across as really overpowered to me. Does it come across that way to you? I'm not trying to be overly critical here, just working through the math. With the ability to play like Archangel, you can pretty much keep his Arms and Ammunition charges as max level fairly easily, even while dropping them every now and again whenever you use a Special Attack. While this might be awesome to play (and crush nearly everything in your path), going up against this version of War Machine might be a real headache, especially on certain nodes in quests or Alliance War. I do apologize if my criticisms come across harshly; it's not my intention. I hope that you took them all very politely (as they're intended).

Best wishes, good sir!
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    Honestly, Superior Iron Man needs a good buff.
    His armor is literally an artificial symbiote suit
    has a psionic link to the suit
    it's really similar to the molecular armor that stark uses in infinity wars, but so much better
    the suit can turn into it's own hulkbuster armor
    got tendrils (tentacle fun! lol)
    it's even shielded against sonic attacks!
    In response @Bodhizen

I don’t mind criticism, even if it seems harsh! I welcome it! After all, that’s a big part of how I see this thread is for!

My strong points (as I’d like to think) are the ideas, and I know my weak points are the values. Re-reading, I see that I overdid the values by a really decent amount

As for my synergies, I made a typo with the bloodletting one, it’s supposed to be 2 stacks for deadpool’s bleed, not 3. Oops. But you’re definitely right about the Carnage thing. I might just remove him from that one

So, I’d change a few things as a “Take 2”:

- Remove the persistent mechanic. That was overkill for sure
    - Lower the cap of Arms charges. Definitely hits too much with the bonuses. Maybe 10 stacks
    - Take away the excess Ammunition crit mechanic and just have it be leftover charges
    - Take away the 0 Ammunition bonus
    - Take away the parry Ammunition gain, and make the block hold 0.7 seconds instead
    - Lower his base power gain rate (on hit, he gains 30% less power, so he can reasonably keep the sig ability)
    - Make that passive armor thing 5%, and instead of permanent, make it the “on hit” armor buff

- Lower the values of basically everything attack-wise. I know I’m not awesome with balancing values, so I’ll just say this. I wanted most of the effects to be mostly just moderately useful, and I wanted the Ammunition mechanics to just make his special attacks more useful the more Ammunition you have, with additional special damage, debuff duration, yada yada. Just make his specials stronger with their overal payoff.

I wanted the Special 3 to be a big and really temporary fury, that you could *maybe* fit a special 1 in with for some big damage

For the sig ability, I made his specials the really integrally useful part of the character, so I wanted the sig to be useful towards that. In terms of lore, I saw it as Rhodey basically bringing more ammo into the fight so he can use more special attacks

I hope my rambling here to defend my design makes sense. Yes, it’s mostly because I really don’t want to have to take a bunch of time to rewrite all the values if I could just explain what I want to do with my design, but I really like my ideas.

I’m just bad at values

Thanks for pointing those things out, though. You’re absolutely right about your points.

I’ll keep these in mind for further remakes I do. Might look at my old ones to be sure I didn’t overdo any if those, too

Cheers!
  • Bodhizen wrote: »
    Champion Redesign: Iron Fist (Based upon a Rank 5/50 4-Star Champion; Sig Level 99)
    ironfist.jpg

Iron Fist could be such a great Champion, and even in the early days, he quickly got left behind. He's a glass pea-shooter now, not even a glass cannon, and he has almost zero utility whatsoever. His special attacks are easy to avoid, his armor break requires him to be awakened to even be worth using him, and he has none of the other mystical powers that a variety of mystic Champions exhibit. All-in-all, if he wasn't terrible before, he's absolutely god-awful now. This redesign is intended to grant him greater utility and to bring his powers more in line with the abilities he has in his comic-book version.

Signature Ability - Chi Augmentation: Through concentration, Danny Rand can harness his mystical chi to augment his physical and mental capabilities to increased levels.
    • Critical Rating is increased by up to 25% based upon stored Power. In addition, blocking reduces the damage of energy-based attacks by 15%, taking that damage and transferring it into his Power Meter.
    • When below 55% Health, Iron Fist can focus his Chi into healing energy, recovering 805.8 Health for the cost of 38.35% of a Bar of Power per second.

ABILITIES
    Nervous System Control: Danny Rand's ability to control his nervous system makes him resistant to Poison effects, decreasing their Potency and Duration by 65%.
    Master Martial Artist (Passive):
    • All Attacks: 8% chance to boost Critical Rating by 1050 for 6 seconds.
    • All Attacks: The Iron Fist's repeated strikes to pressure points wreak cumulative havoc on the target's Armor Rating, with a 21% chance to reduce it by 450 for each activation.
    • Critical Hits: The sheer force of a Critical Hit has a 55% chance to break the target's Armor and apply 450 Armor Rating reduction for 5 seconds.
    • When Struck or by Blocking an Opponent's Attack: Iron Fist gains Passive Block Proficiency Charges. Upon Reaching 100 charges, they convert into a Durability Buff for 12 seconds, increasing his Block Proficiency by 71.42 and Physical Resistance by 114.29.
    Martial Artist (Passive):
    • Heavy Attacks: The Iron Fist delivers a powerful Chi strike, disrupting the flow of energy and Nullifying 1 Cruelty, Fury, and Precision Buff.
    • Danny Rand makes use of a variety of Martial Arts Forms to aid him in battle. Each time he launches a Special attack, he automatically switches to the next Martial Arts Form. Iron Fist can also Dash back and hold Block for 1.50 seconds to manually switch Martial Arts Forms.
    Martial Arts Forms
    • Zuiquan Form - Iron Fist reduces his opponent's Evade chance by 80%.
    • Luohanquan Form - Iron Fist's Special Attacks gain a 48% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff, dealing 484.4 Shock damage over 4 seconds.
    • Hongquan Form - Iron Fists's Special Attacks gain a 60% chance to Stun the opponent for 2.50 seconds.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Special 1 - Good Fortune Thunder Kick: A powerful kick mastered from the teaching of Lei-Kung the Thunderer. This attack grants Iron Fist a True Strike Buff that lasts for 9.50 seconds, allowing this Champion to ignore Armor, Resistance, Auto-Block, and all Evade effects.
    Special 2 - Concentrated Chi Blast: Using a technique learned technique while training with the Immortal Weapons of the Seven Cities, Danny fires off a trio of fiery blasts of disruptive Chi energy. The first blast inflicts a Weakness Debuff, reducing the opponent's Attack Rating by 285.71for 8.50 seconds. The second blast Nullifies one random enemy Buff. The third blast inflicts Power Lock for 8.50 seconds. These Debuffs have a 40% chance to penetrate an enemy Block.
    Special 3 - Shou-Lao the Undying: By focusing his Chi, Danny Rand unleashes the full power of the Iron Fist in a flurry of punches. If Iron Fist has a greater percentage of his Health than his opponent, he has a 100% chance of dealing Energy Damage equal to 8% of their max Health. This damage cannot exceed 100,000 damage.

SYNERGIES
    • Friends with Doctor Strange, Black Panther, or Wolverine: All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating.
    • Heroes for Hire with Luke Cage or She-Hulk: All Champions gain +85 Block Proficiency & Physical Resistance.
    • At Odds with Cable, Deadpool, Deadpool (X-Force), or Goldpool: Iron Fist: Iron Fist gains a Passive Cruelty Buff. Cable: Cable's chance to Regenerate increases by 5% each time a Power threshold is reached. Deadpool, Deadpool (X-Force), or Goldpool: Landing a hit with Special Attack 1 refreshes the duration of any active Bleed effects. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Ambush with Iron Patriot or Ghost: Iron Fist: Iron Fist's Special 1 gains the Unblockable quality. Iron Patriot: Special Attacks gain a 15% chance to inflict an Incinerate Debuff, dealing 80% of Iron Patriot's Attack Rating as Direct Damage over 6 seconds. Ghost: Ghost gains +12% Critical Damage Rating. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    • Reluctant Opponents with War Machine Iron Fist: Heavy Attacks also Nullify all active Power Gain Buffs. War Machine: War Machine's Special Attacks deal an additional 10% damage. This damage is Energy based. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.

Since @Whododo872 has been proposing Champion redesigns as well, I'd really appreciate feedback! Best wishes, all!

This is impressive! I hope Iron Fist can be revamped as he is even worse than a regular symbiote you encountered in AQ when Venom was the boss.
    1Marve1 wrote: »
    Honestly, Superior Iron Man needs a good buff.
    His armor is literally an artificial symbiote suit
    has a psionic link to the suit
    it's really similar to the molecular armor that stark uses in infinity wars, but so much better
    the suit can turn into it's own hulkbuster armor
    got tendrils (tentacle fun! lol)
    it's even shielded against sonic attacks!

I agree that Superior Iron Man shouldn't be a Cosmic carbon-copy of Standard Iron Man. I might get around to a rework of Superior Iron Man later today. I've got him on my list!
    In response @Bodhizen

I don’t mind criticism, even if it seems harsh! I welcome it! After all, that’s a big part of how I see this thread is for!

My strong points (as I’d like to think) are the ideas, and I know my weak points are the values. Re-reading, I see that I overdid the values by a really decent amount

As for my synergies, I made a typo with the bloodletting one, it’s supposed to be 2 stacks for deadpool’s bleed, not 3. Oops. But you’re definitely right about the Carnage thing. I might just remove him from that one

So, I’d change a few things as a “Take 2”:

- Remove the persistent mechanic. That was overkill for sure
    - Lower the cap of Arms charges. Definitely hits too much with the bonuses. Maybe 10 stacks
    - Take away the excess Ammunition crit mechanic and just have it be leftover charges
    - Take away the 0 Ammunition bonus
    - Take away the parry Ammunition gain, and make the block hold 0.7 seconds instead
    - Lower his base power gain rate (on hit, he gains 30% less power, so he can reasonably keep the sig ability)
    - Make that passive armor thing 5%, and instead of permanent, make it the “on hit” armor buff

- Lower the values of basically everything attack-wise. I know I’m not awesome with balancing values, so I’ll just say this. I wanted most of the effects to be mostly just moderately useful, and I wanted the Ammunition mechanics to just make his special attacks more useful the more Ammunition you have, with additional special damage, debuff duration, yada yada. Just make his specials stronger with their overal payoff.

I wanted the Special 3 to be a big and really temporary fury, that you could *maybe* fit a special 1 in with for some big damage

For the sig ability, I made his specials the really integrally useful part of the character, so I wanted the sig to be useful towards that. In terms of lore, I saw it as Rhodey basically bringing more ammo into the fight so he can use more special attacks

I hope my rambling here to defend my design makes sense. Yes, it’s mostly because I really don’t want to have to take a bunch of time to rewrite all the values if I could just explain what I want to do with my design, but I really like my ideas.

I’m just bad at values

Thanks for pointing those things out, though. You’re absolutely right about your points.

I’ll keep these in mind for further remakes I do. Might look at my old ones to be sure I didn’t overdo any if those, too

Cheers!
    I haven't looked into your older works. If you want to check them over and then set up a proposal, I can give them a critical eye. :) Very glad that you didn't take my commentary harshly. If you want to do a Take 2 post so that I don't have to compare your previous post with this one, that would be really helpful to me if you want more feedback.

Best wishes!
    Here's my feeback on your rework, good sir.

You've shamed me into learning a bit more about bb code now. No excuse for not reading Cyke's rework now!

sfp24k3bj9dx.gif

Blue Team Cyclops

Here's a slightly different version for Blue Team Cyclops. When he was introduced, it was explained that he had spent a long time imprisoned in crystal, hence giving him abilities like his passive power gain. I've built on this concept to give him a somewhat 'mutated' power set to the standard Red Cyclops; with his optic blasts now doing a bit less damage but having additional interactions with the opponent's Power levels, to make Cyke more utilitarian and less raw offense:

Passive
    Due to prolonged exposure to the energies of the Battlerealm whilst in his crystal prison, Cyclops gains power faster at lower power levels.
    How much faster does he gain Power Meter? I assume that you meant with Strategy counters, but as written, this is a completely separate ability.
    Strategy

• -10 when Stunned
    • -5 when Concussed or Dazed (also reduces Strategy gain by half for the duration)

Strategy grants Blue Team Cyclops the following bonuses. Greater bonuses replace those at lower levels:
    Beam attacks reduce the opponent's block proficiency by 40 per point of Strategy
    10 Points:
    20 Points:
    30 Points:
    40 Points:
    50 Points:

Note - Blue Cyclops deals less critical damage than Red Cyke; but his other abilities allow him to use Specials more often; as well as to reduce the number of specials his opponent gets to use.
    This gives Cyclops a really good chance to gain Strategy counters on pretty much everything he does. Basic attacks give him a bit, but he gets more whenever you Parry or use Dexterity, plus whenever he Intercepts, and Armor Breaks. If the opponent can't Stun, inflict Concussion, or inflict Daze, the only way to drop his Strategy counters is with an SP3. While that's great when you're playing him, when you're playing against him, you can't really pull those counters off very easily. If you're not using a Stun/Concussion/Daze capable Champion, if you're fighting against him on a Power Lock 1 or Power Lock 2 Node, you can't pull them off at all. I would encourage you to find another mechanic to drop his Strategy counters (which would not only encourage some more careful play, but would also make him easier to defeat when he's your opponent).

There's also no maximum limit to the amount of Strategy counters that Cyclops can acquire in a fight, but the benefits only go up to 50 counters. Those benefits are pretty significant, too. If I've got the max (50 counters), I get +40% Ability Accuracy and Debuff Durations, plus my passive power gain of +60%. I'm going to be throwing off Specials much faster, and I'm going to love that 100% chance to Armor Break my opponent on Special 1 (3 stacks of it) for 9.8 seconds each. Special 2 will give me a 110% chance to Armor Break for 12.6 seconds plus Petrify for 8.4 seconds, and Special 3 will give me a 100% chance to inflict 2 Armor Break Debuffs for 14 seconds with a 100% chance to inflict Power Leak. Does this seem overpowered to you? It does to me.
    Signature ability:
    • 30 Points: Beam attacks have a 25% chance to Power Drain up to 15%* of the opponent's total Power
    • 50 Points: Beam attacks have a 40 % chance to Power Drain up to 25%* of the opponent's total Power Meter.
    * Scales with Sig level.
    Now I automatically get +10% bonus critical damage on Beam Attacks (all 3 Specials) for free. I can have up to infinite Block Proficiency (if there's a 50 Strategy counter cap, then it's only +1250 Block Proficiency), and if I have 50 Strategy Counters, I can also Power Drain up to 25% of my opponent's total Power Meter with a 40% chance of that triggering, boosted to 80% chance of trigger with the +40% Ability Accuracy. This is on top of the Petrify and Power Leak Debuffs you can inflict with your Special Attacks 2 & 3. I'm also not sure where you're justifying the Power Drain, Petrify, or Power Leak Debuffs from (is there a comic book source?).

Special Attacks:
    • Special 1 - Optic blast: This attack has +800 Critical Rating, and a 60% chance to armour break (three stacks, mild effect and 7s duration
    • Special 2 - Back Off!: This attack has +1500 Critical Rating. Beam attacks have a 70% chance to armour break (two stacks, strong effect, 9s duration), and a 60% chance to inflict Petrify debuff (25% reduced Power Gain and Regeneration) for 6 seconds
    • Special 3 - Gigawatt blast: This potent blast has a 60% chance to inflict each of two stacks of Armour break (moderate effect, 10-second duration). Cyke's Iso-attuned blasts also have a 60% chance to inflict a Power Leak debuff (opponent loses 25% power over four seconds)
    [/quote]
    You don't say how much the Armor Reduction is on your Armor Break Debuffs.

Overall, I'm concerned about the total power boost you've given this Champion. His ability to gain Strategy counters has no easy way to counter; you have to have specific Champions to do it. His Ability Accuracy gain is really high on top of his existing chances to trigger Debuffs. He's also going to get seriously punished on Nodes that knock you for triggering Debuffs, so his overwhelming benefits are going to turn into a nightmare for him as an Attacker, and those same benefits are going to make him a nightmare to overcome if he's on the right Node as a Defender. I would recommend that you re-examine this rebuild to see if you're seeing what I'm seeing, and what you might want to address.

As with @Whododo872, I hope that you didn't take this critique harshly, as it is not intended to be so.

Best wishes!
    Here's my feeback on your rework, good sir.

sfp24k3bj9dx.gif

Blue Team Cyclops

Passive
    How much faster does he gain Power Meter? I assume that you meant with Strategy counters, but as written, this is a completely separate ability.
    Strategy

• -10 when Stunned

10 Points:
    20 Points:
    30 Points:
    40 Points:
    50 Points:

This gives Cyclops a really good chance to gain Strategy counters on pretty much everything he does. Basic attacks give him a bit, but he gets more whenever you Parry or use Dexterity, plus whenever he Intercepts, and Armor Breaks. If the opponent can't Stun, inflict Concussion, or inflict Daze, the only way to drop his Strategy counters is with an SP3. While that's great when you're playing him, when you're playing against him, you can't really pull those counters off very easily. If you're not using a Stun/Concussion/Daze capable Champion, if you're fighting against him on a Power Lock 1 or Power Lock 2 Node, you can't pull them off at all. I would encourage you to find another mechanic to drop his Strategy counters (which would not only encourage some more careful play, but would also make him easier to defeat when he's your opponent).

There's also no maximum limit to the amount of Strategy counters that Cyclops can acquire in a fight, but the benefits only go up to 50 counters. Those benefits are pretty significant, too. If I've got the max (50 counters), I get +40% Ability Accuracy and Debuff Durations, plus my passive power gain of +60%. I'm going to be throwing off Specials much faster, and I'm going to love that 100% chance to Armor Break my opponent on Special 1 (3 stacks of it) for 9.8 seconds each. Special 2 will give me a 110% chance to Armor Break for 12.6 seconds plus Petrify for 8.4 seconds, and Special 3 will give me a 100% chance to inflict 2 Armor Break Debuffs for 14 seconds with a 100% chance to inflict Power Leak. Does this seem overpowered to you? It does to me.
    Signature ability:
    * Scales with Sig level.
    Now I automatically get +10% bonus critical damage on Beam Attacks (all 3 Specials) for free. I can have up to infinite Block Proficiency (if there's a 50 Strategy counter cap, then it's only +1250 Block Proficiency), and if I have 50 Strategy Counters, I can also Power Drain up to 25% of my opponent's total Power Meter with a 40% chance of that triggering, boosted to 80% chance of trigger with the +40% Ability Accuracy. This is on top of the Petrify and Power Leak Debuffs you can inflict with your Special Attacks 2 & 3. I'm also not sure where you're justifying the Power Drain, Petrify, or Power Leak Debuffs from (is there a comic book source?).

Special Attacks:
    You don't say how much the Armor Reduction is on your Armor Break Debuffs.

Overall, I'm concerned about the total power boost you've given this Champion. His ability to gain Strategy counters has no easy way to counter; you have to have specific Champions to do it. His Ability Accuracy gain is really high on top of his existing chances to trigger Debuffs. He's also going to get seriously punished on Nodes that knock you for triggering Debuffs, so his overwhelming benefits are going to turn into a nightmare for him as an Attacker, and those same benefits are going to make him a nightmare to overcome if he's on the right Node as a Defender. I would recommend that you re-examine this rebuild to see if you're seeing what I'm seeing, and what you might want to address.

As with @Whododo872, I hope that you didn't take this critique harshly, as it is not intended to be so.

Best wishes!
    Thanks for the feedback. I hear what you're saying, I'd suggest that you/we don't get too worried about exact numbers. For me (like @Whododo872), the numbers I'm coming up with are entirely hypothetical and negotiable. We should focus on the broad brush-strokes of the design, rather than getting bogged down in the minutiae. We're just hobbyists here, not game designers - this is just a Suggestion Thread!

I'll certainly concede that things like the power Leak/power drain may well need to be toned down; but I am going to defend myself a little - I think this Cyke is more powerful, but not quite as overpowered as you're worried he will be!

Do consider Cyclops' current abilities - he already has the Passive Power Gain; at max Sig, he gains around +175% critical damage; +20% debuff duration, and with a combo of just 20, all specials are Unblockable. His SP3 Armour Break is already 100% likely, and lasts 12 seconds (14.4 with a high combo).

So bear in mind this design actually reduces his critical damage bonus by half, removes his ready-to-access Unblockable ability, and doesn't actually make his armour breaks much longer or more potent than they already were.

That's Cyke's pre-existing passive power gain; which gives him slightly faster power gain at low power levels. It's never actually been quantified, but is probably (my guess) around 20% power gain at the start of the fight, falling to zero by SP2. Increasing this by 40% (multiplicative, not additive) would give him around a 28% power gain for the first few hits, rapidly falling off after you get to SP1. No power gain at all from SP2 onwards. Definitely a lower gain than Carnage note enjoys - you'll get more SP1s, a few more SP2s, and not too many extra SP3s.

The power drain/leak abilities are my new idea, and not from comics canon. When Blue Cyclops was introduced into the contest, the storyline explained that he had spent a long time imprisoned in crystal, hence giving him abilities like his passive power gain. Essentially, I've built on this concept to 'mutate' his power set as a Contest Of Champions character. It's a twist, true, but I don't think it's any weirder than Punisher's Invulnerability, Kingpin's Unstoppable or Domino's energy-degeneration. All MCOC products of Iso-8 enhancement.
    If the opponent can't Stun, inflict Concussion, or inflict Daze, the only way to drop his Strategy counters is with an SP3. .. if you're fighting against him on a Power Lock 1 or Power Lock 2 Node, you can't pull them off at all...

...His ability to gain Strategy counters has no easy way to counter; you have to have specific Champions to do it.

Well if someone is attacking without access to Parry, they've really only themselves to blame. Unless he's on a stun-immune node, any champ should be able to stun him. And you can just interrupt his combo to stop that building. There's really no need for a specific champ to beat him. Even a combo shield node won't help that much - a combo of 100 still only gives him 20 Strategy. I don't really see this Cyclops doing brilliantly well as a defender (unless he's on some crazy node that makes almost any champion lethal)

He will be a better Attacker; but it will take quite a while to get those counters; those bigger bonuses simply won't happen in the majority of fights. And a proper game designer could obviously tweak the numbers lower; +1/+2/+3 target than +4, if that's what balance would necessitate. Maybe no strategy gain at all for using Dexterity? It's good game skills; maybe that's already reward enough.
    His Ability Accuracy gain is really high on top of his existing chances to trigger Debuffs. He's also going to get seriously punished on Nodes that knock you for triggering Debuffs, so his overwhelming benefits are going to turn into a nightmare for him as an Attacker, and those same benefits are going to make him a nightmare to overcome if he's on the right Node as a Defender.

This was actually intended to be a weakness in his kit. For a bit of balance, I deliberately went with multiple debuffs (rather than passive s) precisely so that he isn't useful as an Attacker on nodes like Masochism, or debuff-immune, or against skill-based 'shruggers'.

The Ability Accuracy bonuses maybe could be lower; but it's not additive: My understanding of AA modification is that it's typically a multiplier (unless quoted as a 'flat' value), so a 40% chance of Power Drain becomes a 56% chance.

Overpowered? Maybe a little (as I initially wrote him), but a few adjustments to the numbers for balance and a Cyclops like this could be darned fun to play!