**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Introducing Back Issue #1: Ultron's Assault

11011131516

Comments

  • Options
    MitziboiMitziboi Posts: 46
    edited November 2018
    I'm getting my ass kicked lol. I like the event and love that it's a permanent event, but my resources hate the event. Thanks for this!
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    dwsyx51pmcfn.jpg

    No bugs, no problems. Waiting for the Chapter 2 bosses to get fixed before continuing, more time to grind ROL for potions.
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    soooo many peeps complaining...
    at the end of the day this content is in the same vein as ROL was, same vein as LOL is... something only the best of the best can do now and something for others to work towards....

    check out my post to see the value of these gems when broken down into catalyst value.
    it is insane.
    it pusts into perspective just why it is so hard...
    there is 22 cats worth of t2a alone here.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/638944#Comment_638944
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    MrMaat wrote: »
    soooo many peeps complaining...
    at the end of the day this content is in the same vein as ROL was, same vein as LOL is... something only the best of the best can do now and something for others to work towards....

    check out my post to see the value of these gems when broken down into catalyst value.
    it is insane.
    it pusts into perspective just why it is so hard...
    there is 22 cats worth of t2a alone here.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/638944#Comment_638944

    I'll agree with @MrMaat once the bugs get fixed
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    MrMaat wrote: »
    soooo many peeps complaining...
    at the end of the day this content is in the same vein as ROL was, same vein as LOL is... something only the best of the best can do now and something for others to work towards....

    check out my post to see the value of these gems when broken down into catalyst value.
    it is insane.
    it pusts into perspective just why it is so hard...
    there is 22 cats worth of t2a alone here.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/638944#Comment_638944

    I'll agree with @MrMaat once the bugs get fixed

    i havnt tried enough to comment on any potential bugs...
    i was not directing this at those trying it and facing bugs...
    it is directed at those who are complaining that it is too hard for their level...
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    MrMaat wrote: »
    i havnt tried enough to comment on any potential bugs...
    i was not directing this at those trying it and facing bugs...
    it is directed at those who are complaining that it is too hard for their level...

    I haven't felt this invigorated to complete MCOC content in over a year. Labyrinth of Legends has nothing on this. The last time I put this kind of effort and concentration into completing MCOC content was when I explored Act 5.2 with 4/40s and Act 5.3 with 5/50s.

    Thank you MCOC developers for making game content that takes massive amounts of strategy to conquer. If anyone's interested I'll be uploading all of my Chapter 1 runs to YouTube by tonight. It took me 100 units to explore Chapter 1 without using boosts, I needed a level 2 team revive for my final 1.3 run. That double IMIW Force of Will path is no joke.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    MrMaat wrote: »
    i havnt tried enough to comment on any potential bugs...
    i was not directing this at those trying it and facing bugs...
    it is directed at those who are complaining that it is too hard for their level...

    I haven't felt this invigorated to complete MCOC content in over a year. Labyrinth of Legends has nothing on this. The last time I put this kind of effort and concentration into completing MCOC content was when I explored Act 5.2 with 4/40s and Act 5.3 with 5/50s.

    Thank you MCOC developers for making game content that takes massive amounts of strategy to conquer. If anyone's interested I'll be uploading all of my Chapter 1 runs to YouTube by tonight. It took me 100 units to explore Chapter 1 without using boosts, I needed a level 2 team revive for my final 1.3 run. That double IMIW Force of Will path is no joke.

    100% agree! I love that this content is extremely difficult and permanent. I mean just look at how long people streamed for yesterday. BG streamed 8hrs and got just about 1 run done... this is content I think a lot of us are gonna be gradually working on for the next couple months, and I love that!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    MrMaat wrote: »
    soooo many peeps complaining...
    at the end of the day this content is in the same vein as ROL was, same vein as LOL is... something only the best of the best can do now and something for others to work towards....

    check out my post to see the value of these gems when broken down into catalyst value.
    it is insane.
    it pusts into perspective just why it is so hard...
    there is 22 cats worth of t2a alone here.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/638944#Comment_638944

    Slightly disagree with you. The stand alone point that these rewards are “insane” doesn’t hold much merit if people receive rank up gems they can’t use for a extra long period of time. Myself personally, and I know many others that held onto those rank up gems from 100% act 5 for 10ish months. The value of the rewards would be “insane” if it was pure resources that we could freely use on any champ.

    I will feel sorry for the people that bust a nut on this quest just to pull a class rank up gem 4-5 for 5* on a class they don’t even have at r4 😂.
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Jaded wrote: »
    MrMaat wrote: »
    soooo many peeps complaining...
    at the end of the day this content is in the same vein as ROL was, same vein as LOL is... something only the best of the best can do now and something for others to work towards....

    check out my post to see the value of these gems when broken down into catalyst value.
    it is insane.
    it pusts into perspective just why it is so hard...
    there is 22 cats worth of t2a alone here.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/638944#Comment_638944

    Slightly disagree with you. The stand alone point that these rewards are “insane” doesn’t hold much merit if people receive rank up gems they can’t use for a extra long period of time. Myself personally, and I know many others that held onto those rank up gems from 100% act 5 for 10ish months. The value of the rewards would be “insane” if it was pure resources that we could freely use on any champ.

    I will feel sorry for the people that bust a nut on this quest just to pull a class rank up gem 4-5 for 5* on a class they don’t even have at r4 😂.

    would be no different to recieving t4cc of a class you cant use for some time.....
    only 3 of the gems are specific to 2015 champs.....
    a rank up gem for a mystic champ is no diff to mystic t4cc....
    lets be real here....

    the value is insane it is well over 100 catalysts of value!!!!!!!!!

    if they were pure resources of cats your inventory would not hold these amount alone let alone what you laready have resulting in these items going directly to your stash and potentially being forced to rank up champs you dont want to due to expiring resources.
    @Jaded
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    MrMaat wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    MrMaat wrote: »
    soooo many peeps complaining...
    at the end of the day this content is in the same vein as ROL was, same vein as LOL is... something only the best of the best can do now and something for others to work towards....

    check out my post to see the value of these gems when broken down into catalyst value.
    it is insane.
    it pusts into perspective just why it is so hard...
    there is 22 cats worth of t2a alone here.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/638944#Comment_638944

    Slightly disagree with you. The stand alone point that these rewards are “insane” doesn’t hold much merit if people receive rank up gems they can’t use for a extra long period of time. Myself personally, and I know many others that held onto those rank up gems from 100% act 5 for 10ish months. The value of the rewards would be “insane” if it was pure resources that we could freely use on any champ.

    I will feel sorry for the people that bust a nut on this quest just to pull a class rank up gem 4-5 for 5* on a class they don’t even have at r4 😂.

    would be no different to recieving t4cc of a class you cant use for some time.....
    only 3 of the gems are specific to 2015 champs.....
    a rank up gem for a mystic champ is no diff to mystic t4cc....
    lets be real here....

    the value is insane it is well over 100 catalysts of value!!!!!!!!!

    if they were pure resources of cats your inventory would not hold these amount alone let alone what you laready have resulting in these items going directly to your stash and potentially being forced to rank up champs you dont want to due to expiring resources.
    @Jaded

    I could care less if t4cc went to my stash and I had to “exchange” them. I’m speaking directly to the t5bc and t2a that we don’t get to use freely. While of course the t2a would probably end up in the overflow that situation would easily be handled. Where as people could be stuck with rank up gems (more specifically the 3-4s or 4-5 one) for a extended amount of time after completing.

    Again these aren’t “insane” rewards. Giving us the raw 22 t2a would be insane!

    And of course I will 100% this quest FOR the rewards. But I fortunately know I’ll be stuck with rank up gems I can’t use for a long period of time.
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    also it is perspective.
    i cannot say exactly how long it would take someone in a top tier ally to earn that ammount of resources.
    but it would be quite some time.
    the t5b would require the end of a war season or 2 alone.
    the t2a would certainly take quite a while. maybe 3-4 months????

    for me i have not done LOL or 100 % act 5 yet.
    i am currently going through to get my elders bane as time allows. i have 100% 5.3.
    so i know that in the almost 2 years i have been playing i have not seen 22 t2a yet. i have only only seen about 15.
    i have not yet seen 2 t5b. i am just shy of my first r5.
    31 t4cc is quite some time for me. my ally runs 5,4,3 aq daily.

    so yes the rewards do hold different value for different peeps.
    and they will become slightly less valuble over time.
    but that is indiciative of game progression.

    i cannot see any world which these resources are not insane and i know top tier players that agree 10000%
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    You have forever to complete it, it's permanent.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    @DTMelodicMetal I just finished my first run through of 2.2. I guess I'm unsure of what bug you were talking about. Was it against the final boss? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    @DTMelodicMetal I just finished my first run through of 2.2. I guess I'm unsure of what bug you were talking about. Was it against the final boss? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

    The 2.2 Ultron Drone bug is non-robot poison immune attackers take shock damage that is intended to only affect robot attackers:

    https://youtu.be/a2T6Y5kHu-Y

    The 2.3 Ultron Drone bug is attackers take unavoidable damage when inflicted with a fatigue debuff, the unavoidable damage is intended to occur only when landing attacks after fatigue has been inflicted.

    @Werewrym
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    @DTMelodicMetal I just finished my first run through of 2.2. I guess I'm unsure of what bug you were talking about. Was it against the final boss? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

    The 2.2 Ultron Drone bug is non-robot poison immune attackers take shock damage that is intended to only affect robot attackers:

    https://youtu.be/a2T6Y5kHu-Y

    The 2.3 Ultron Drone bug is attackers take unavoidable damage when inflicted with a fatigue debuff, the unavoidable damage is intended to occur only when landing attacks after fatigue has been inflicted.

    @Werewrym

    Ah ok. That's kinda dumb. I almost took my Mephisto to r3 for that fight specifically. Glad I didn't now. Thanks for the heads up on 2.3... I'm guessing there's no real way around the unavoidable damage? Just got to power through it currently? Either way I can't continue until after war, so I'm good waiting.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Ah ok. That's kinda dumb. I almost took my Mephisto to r3 for that fight specifically. Glad I didn't now. Thanks for the heads up on 2.3... I'm guessing there's no real way around the unavoidable damage? Just got to power through it currently? Either way I can't continue until after war, so I'm good waiting.

    Yes the only way to clear is 2.3 is overpower the bug with in-game resources
  • Options
    loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    @DTMelodicMetal I just finished my first run through of 2.2. I guess I'm unsure of what bug you were talking about. Was it against the final boss? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

    The 2.2 Ultron Drone bug is non-robot poison immune attackers take shock damage that is intended to only affect robot attackers:

    https://youtu.be/a2T6Y5kHu-Y

    The 2.3 Ultron Drone bug is attackers take unavoidable damage when inflicted with a fatigue debuff, the unavoidable damage is intended to occur only when landing attacks after fatigue has been inflicted.

    @Werewrym

    Ah ok. That's kinda dumb. I almost took my Mephisto to r3 for that fight specifically. Glad I didn't now. Thanks for the heads up on 2.3... I'm guessing there's no real way around the unavoidable damage? Just got to power through it currently? Either way I can't continue until after war, so I'm good waiting.

    Can't continue until after this war or the war in 6 months when they have made enough money off the bug.
  • Options
    TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    My main issue with this event is either it's super easy with bad rewards for beginner or super hard for very good rewards for end game players. There is nothing for in between progressing players.
  • Options
    NanoDroidNanoDroid Posts: 49
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    And by the time you can actually get the rewards, end gamers will be so ahead you'll still be a mid tier gamer when new content comes

    Well if you’re that far behind already, then there’s not much change is there? I don’t understand the argument that someone who’s been playing for a year should be able to catch up to someone playing for 4 years. Where’s the logic? People are at different points of the game. If you’re already behind the end game players you will probably always be at least slightly behind the end game players. Especially if you don’t spend like them. That’s just how it is.
    I don't understand the logic behind end gamers believing good rewards should be dished out to them only. "You have LoL, rttl, rol, act 5, uc..etc". Yea so? These quests helped your rooster grow, the new one is going to help it grow even further but you feel like this new quest should only help your rooster grow even further. Why can't it also help mid tier gamers also grow? No one is asking for the same rewards as the varient quest. The argument that there's already content to help you grow is practically bs.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    And by the time you can actually get the rewards, end gamers will be so ahead you'll still be a mid tier gamer when new content comes

    Well if you’re that far behind already, then there’s not much change is there? I don’t understand the argument that someone who’s been playing for a year should be able to catch up to someone playing for 4 years. Where’s the logic? People are at different points of the game. If you’re already behind the end game players you will probably always be at least slightly behind the end game players. Especially if you don’t spend like them. That’s just how it is.
    I don't understand the logic behind end gamers believing good rewards should be dished out to them only. "You have LoL, rttl, rol, act 5, uc..etc". Yea so? These quests helped your rooster grow, the new one is going to help it grow even further but you feel like this new quest should only help your rooster grow even further. Why can't it also help mid tier gamers also grow? No one is asking for the same rewards as the varient quest. The argument that there's already content to help you grow is practically bs.

    You do realize that there is plenty of other content focused on building the middle tier player's roster? Dungeons, Gwenpool Goes to the Movie, Symbiote quest last month. Champion Clash is coming later this month and will give the middle tier player t4cc, t4b, 4* awakening gem, 5* shards, 4* shards. It's not as if Kabam has alienated the middle tier players by releasing back issues... In fact it has been a very very long time since real challenging content has come out for the top players.
  • Options
    KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    edited November 2018
    Most end game players took short cuts and wanted more content available before they completed all the content available during their pre end game run too. A lot of guys on high horses because y’all finally completed everything in the game except for maybe one piece of content
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    And by the time you can actually get the rewards, end gamers will be so ahead you'll still be a mid tier gamer when new content comes

    Well if you’re that far behind already, then there’s not much change is there? I don’t understand the argument that someone who’s been playing for a year should be able to catch up to someone playing for 4 years. Where’s the logic? People are at different points of the game. If you’re already behind the end game players you will probably always be at least slightly behind the end game players. Especially if you don’t spend like them. That’s just how it is.
    I don't understand the logic behind end gamers believing good rewards should be dished out to them only. "You have LoL, rttl, rol, act 5, uc..etc". Yea so? These quests helped your rooster grow, the new one is going to help it grow even further but you feel like this new quest should only help your rooster grow even further. Why can't it also help mid tier gamers also grow? No one is asking for the same rewards as the varient quest. The argument that there's already content to help you grow is practically bs.

    You do realize that there is plenty of other content focused on building the middle tier player's roster? Dungeons, Gwenpool Goes to the Movie, Symbiote quest last month. Champion Clash is coming later this month and will give the middle tier player t4cc, t4b, 4* awakening gem, 5* shards, 4* shards. It's not as if Kabam has alienated the middle tier players by releasing back issues... In fact it has been a very very long time since real challenging content has come out for the top players.

    that same content you mentioned has helped endgame players as well right?
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    And by the time you can actually get the rewards, end gamers will be so ahead you'll still be a mid tier gamer when new content comes

    Well if you’re that far behind already, then there’s not much change is there? I don’t understand the argument that someone who’s been playing for a year should be able to catch up to someone playing for 4 years. Where’s the logic? People are at different points of the game. If you’re already behind the end game players you will probably always be at least slightly behind the end game players. Especially if you don’t spend like them. That’s just how it is.
    I don't understand the logic behind end gamers believing good rewards should be dished out to them only. "You have LoL, rttl, rol, act 5, uc..etc". Yea so? These quests helped your rooster grow, the new one is going to help it grow even further but you feel like this new quest should only help your rooster grow even further. Why can't it also help mid tier gamers also grow? No one is asking for the same rewards as the varient quest. The argument that there's already content to help you grow is practically bs.

    You do realize that there is plenty of other content focused on building the middle tier player's roster? Dungeons, Gwenpool Goes to the Movie, Symbiote quest last month. Champion Clash is coming later this month and will give the middle tier player t4cc, t4b, 4* awakening gem, 5* shards, 4* shards. It's not as if Kabam has alienated the middle tier players by releasing back issues... In fact it has been a very very long time since real challenging content has come out for the top players.

    that same content you mentioned has helped endgame players as well right?

    You can't have content only for middle tier players... It literally is not possible. Any content that a mid tier player has access to an endgame player will also have access to.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    KDTrippe wrote: »
    Most end game players took short cuts and wanted more content available before they completed all the content available during their pre end game run too. A lot of guys on high horses because y’all finally completed everything in the game except for maybe one piece of content

    AW matchmaking manipulation tactics and using thousands of units’ worth of boosts for every AW are terrible preparation for variant difficulty. That’s still not a problem for players who clear endgame content with spending instead of skill.
  • Options
    cagblcagbl Posts: 20
    MCOC Team wrote: »
    Summoners!

    Let’s take a trip way back in time! Back to a time where a maniacal machine was on the path to destroying the Battlerealm, but several courageous Champions and Summoners stopped his rampage!

    Introducing, Back Issue #1: Ultron’s Assault!


    Hi,

    as stated above "Back Issue#1". It mean in future you will add "Back Issue #2" or #3 & continuous....

    Please tell us more about this
  • Options
    NanoDroidNanoDroid Posts: 49
    afyffe96 wrote: »
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    NanoDroid wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Tornadoman wrote: »
    The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. What a shame , I cant become uncollected, I need the rank ups.

    Yep the rich get richer since this quest is temporary and you only have a short window to complete and don’t have the potential to get these rewards for yourself down the line. Oh wait....

    And by the time you can actually get the rewards, end gamers will be so ahead you'll still be a mid tier gamer when new content comes

    Well if you’re that far behind already, then there’s not much change is there? I don’t understand the argument that someone who’s been playing for a year should be able to catch up to someone playing for 4 years. Where’s the logic? People are at different points of the game. If you’re already behind the end game players you will probably always be at least slightly behind the end game players. Especially if you don’t spend like them. That’s just how it is.
    I don't understand the logic behind end gamers believing good rewards should be dished out to them only. "You have LoL, rttl, rol, act 5, uc..etc". Yea so? These quests helped your rooster grow, the new one is going to help it grow even further but you feel like this new quest should only help your rooster grow even further. Why can't it also help mid tier gamers also grow? No one is asking for the same rewards as the varient quest. The argument that there's already content to help you grow is practically bs.

    Every end game player took exactly that route to get where they are. Why are you special? Why do you get shortcuts to catch up? Your argument is bs and you can take the practically out of it.

    Do you realize that by providing a mid tier difficulty, end gamers can also participate and get the rewards. So considering this how on earth would mid tier gamers catch up? Your reasoning is flawed and my argument still stands
Sign In or Register to comment.