**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Remember not all content is made to be finish part 2

Comments

• Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    @ContestOfNoobs . So what your saying is I'm either supposed to wait till I get Married at 26 or 27 and have kids to do the Varient difficulty, or try to do it now (even though I have not amassed a roster big enough) to get the sweet juicy rewards.

I guess I'll be waiting till I get married and have kids then.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    I dont think it's helpful to remind people they aren't strong enough. If they're struggling and want to express that, they will do so. The last thing I would want to hear when I'm having a hard time is, "It's just not for you.".

Exactly my thoughts as well. It's like if you have a kid and they are too short to ride a ride at the carnival. You don't tell your kid "deuces kid, sorry, but your too short to ride. Im getting on the ride alone. You wait here for mom". It's just the wrong thing to do
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's really a common issue. Not just on the game, but in relating to people in general. Sometimes it's good to take a step back and see if they're asking for help, or they just want to be heard. Sometimes it adds to the frustration is all.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Went in this morning before work and got my ass handed to me, so quit and leaving it until when I get back home later. It requires concentration and a level of skill we've been asking for. Fully behind this new change atm.
    As for the level of difficulty, most will be aware that they're outta their element and some need Walter Sobchak to let them know.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I dont think it's helpful to remind people they aren't strong enough. If they're struggling and want to express that, they will do so. The last thing I would want to hear when I'm having a hard time is, "It's just not for you.".

The important thing is that sometimes, it really just isn't for them. Yet. Sometimes the best thing you can tell someone is that at one time that content was too difficult for you as well, and rather than spend more on the game than you want to, you just had the patience to make progress in other areas, and eventually came back and defeated the content without having to spend. If this is an abhorrent thought to be told for some players, then frankly the entire game may not be for them either. Because if you can't accept the fact that some things in a progressional game will be beyond you at least temporarily, then you'll either go broke or crazy continuing to play it.

Well, I think the difference between that and telling them it's not for them, is it's sharing our own experience as opposed to pointing it at the other person. Generally, my experience is people don't want to hear it's not for them when they hit a wall. It's all about approach, really. We can relate to others without telling them it's just not for them. I'm sure they figured that out when they had their ### handed to them. Lol.
    Went in this morning before work and got my ass handed to me, so quit and leaving it until when I get back home later. It requires concentration and a level of skill we've been asking for. Fully behind this new change atm.
    As for the level of difficulty, most will be aware that they're outta their element and some need Walter Sobchak to let them know.

Didn't even read this until after I commented. Funny I used the same expression. Lol.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

The important thing is that sometimes, it really just isn't for them. Yet. Sometimes the best thing you can tell someone is that at one time that content was too difficult for you as well, and rather than spend more on the game than you want to, you just had the patience to make progress in other areas, and eventually came back and defeated the content without having to spend. If this is an abhorrent thought to be told for some players, then frankly the entire game may not be for them either. Because if you can't accept the fact that some things in a progressional game will be beyond you at least temporarily, then you'll either go broke or crazy continuing to play it.

Well, I think the difference between that and telling them it's not for them, is it's sharing our own experience as opposed to pointing it at the other person. Generally, my experience is people don't want to hear it's not for them when they hit a wall. It's all about approach, really. We can relate to others without telling them it's just not for them. I'm sure they figured that out when they had their ### handed to them. Lol.

It would be impossible to be sure of that when there are constantly so many complaints about how the game is either unfair because someone can't do something right this second, or complaining that the game is a shady way to con players out of money. If players actually figured out correctly that some things might not be best to tackle immediately and patience is recommended, both complaints would disappear.

It would be impossible to be sure of that when there are constantly so many complaints about how the game is either unfair because someone can't do something right this second, or complaining that the game is a shady way to con players out of money. If players actually figured out correctly that some things might not be best to tackle immediately and patience is recommended, both complaints would disappear.

Perhaps, but equally, there are as many people who are quick to judge anyone who thinks something is too hard. I see it as different sides of the same coin.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

Perhaps, but equally, there are as many people who are quick to judge anyone who thinks something is too hard. I see it as different sides of the same coin.

That's a pointless judgment maelstrom. You're quick to judge people who are quick to judge people who are quick to judge the content. Which meta levels of judgment are supposed to be the good ones? The prime numbered ones?

The fact is that many if not most of the complaints about content difficulty are uninformed or barely informed evaluations that do not withstand the test of time, they barely withstand the test of a couple days. The fact that some people react to those complaints more strongly than they should changes nothing about whether they are valid or not. Being persecuted doesn't automatically make someone right. If they are wrong, they are wrong regardless of how they are treated. It is not the same coin, because it is not even the same currency. Politeness and correctness are orthogonal.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I think one of the key critisims about Ultron Assault is the gap between Classic and Variant
    Just like Kabam created Act 1 and Act 5 for story quest only and you are asking mid-tier players to wait
    Some ppl saying there are Master/Heoric/Act 4 for mid-tier and they are just side track the discussion. If everything is discussed as a whole, then Kabam better create Act 6 for end game players.

That's a pointless judgment maelstrom. You're quick to judge people who are quick to judge people who are quick to judge the content. Which meta levels of judgment are supposed to be the good ones? The prime numbered ones?

The fact is that many if not most of the complaints about content difficulty are uninformed or barely informed evaluations that do not withstand the test of time, they barely withstand the test of a couple days. The fact that some people react to those complaints more strongly than they should changes nothing about whether they are valid or not. Being persecuted doesn't automatically make someone right. If they are wrong, they are wrong regardless of how they are treated. It is not the same coin, because it is not even the same currency. Politeness and correctness are orthogonal.

That's not a judgment. That's an observation. The next time someone posts something in regards to how difficult a piece of content is, watch how many people are quick to respond that they're just complaining. Who is to say who is right or who is wrong? Both sides of the same coin. Some say it's too hard, some say they need to get better. At the end of the day, it's all feedback. It's a constant back-and-forth, one side wants more access, the other wants harder content. My point is not about who is right or wrong. My point is about people having a right to be heard for where they're at, without being synopsized by those who don't have an issue with it.
    Interesting. You seem to be the most consistent at that behavior. The majority of people actually have conversations with me, as opposed to random digs. All the best.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Classic has nothing in it for me and variant is too hard.

I'm not really fussed about either.
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Classic has nothing in it for me and variant is too hard.

I'm not really fussed about either.

No, I'm not there yet either, but I'm fine with it. I'll chip away at it sometime.
  • Whitewolf609Whitewolf609 Posts: 7
    edited November 2018
    Cool story bro. Why does uncollected get harder every month? Thought that was enough, nope here’s a new difficulty. Glad they have you to cradle their balls with the cash grabs
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Reference wrote: »
    I think one of the key critisims about Ultron Assault is the gap between Classic and Variant
    Just like Kabam created Act 1 and Act 5 for story quest only and you are asking mid-tier players to wait
    Some ppl saying there are Master/Heoric/Act 4 for mid-tier and they are just side track the discussion. If everything is discussed as a whole, then Kabam better create Act 6 for end game players.

It was SPECIFICALLY mentioned that Classic is just there for nostalgia and Variant is END-GAME CONTENT aimed at the top tier players. I'm sorry but if a person can't handle Variant, then they're probably not as "end-game" as they thought they are. Truth hurts, I'm sorry but that is how it is.

Not to mention that this was also designed to be permanent content after Act 5 to let players who have finished EVERYTHING the game has to offer have something to do. (Yes, that's A5 and LOL 100%. We have nothing to do except to auto play our quests after finishing Uncollected, which is too easy.)

For those who are complaining about Variant difficulty being a money-grab, then your roster is probably not wide or deep enough yet. Take your time, build your roster, then try it again sometime in the future.

For those who are complaining that there is no "in-between" difficulty, there are. They're called Act 4, Uncollected, Act 5, and LOL. Finish those up then try Variant again. It's permanent content anyway.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Cool story bro. Why does uncollected get harder every month? Thought that was enough, nope here’s a new difficulty. Glad they have you to cradle their balls with the cash grabs

Did Uncollected get harder monthly? It's getting easier if anything. lol
  • Your friends will tell you the truth. If it's too difficult for you with what you have, it's too difficult simple as that.

Your enemies will multiply kisses and lead you to your downfall.
    I don't know, personally I'm happy they added Classic. I started about a year after the game launched, so I missed it. I'm glad for the nostalgia, for the first time. XD
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Reckoning has begun...

So much complaints on reddit and here on the forum.

Players will never learn and players will always complain.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »

You have an option to post here. People have an option to reply..
    Why do people not like hearing its not for them when its in fact not! Like come on people are way too emotional with this.

Because some people think we are all the same and think its equal footing for us to able to clear content,

I am bored of 100% uncolected monthly as its not a challenge for me but i am sure its a challenge for others.

We just have huge influx players who dont understand how progression works in this game.

They want everything handed to them, a good example would be the celeb challenge..

A time event that some people couldnt do in time, and have nothing better to do and come here saying its to hard...cause time is running out and they cant beat it

If they can progress to having a roster of
    5x r5 5* maybe they will understand, but for now, the majority of the playerbasr just think rewards should be handed to them.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    @ContestOfNoobs just curious, what does the top of your roster look like? I agree with all the points you've stated in this thread, I'm just curious who your top champs are. I saw in a different thread you said you found this challenge hard, how far have you come so far?

I'm fairly certain I can finish the first chapter with relatively no items used because I have r4 Domino and AA. However, I am running into difficulties with the second chapter because I don't have Sparky. Trying to figure out the best path through that one. The final chapter I think I can get at least 2/3 of the way through with my Hyperion and Angela, but that shock is gonna be difficult to deal with on the final part.

Anyways, good post, and something that more people need to hear. Unfortunately people still have a hard time accepting even after they've read.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Anyone else care 2.2 and 2.3 bosses are bugged?
    Anyone else care 2.2 and 2.3 bosses are bugged?

Working on 2.1... I'm sure I will care very soon :smiley: would be great if it was fixed before I got there though.
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    @ContestOfNoobs just curious, what does the top of your roster look like? I agree with all the points you've stated in this thread, I'm just curious who your top champs are. I saw in a different thread you said you found this challenge hard, how far have you come so far?

I'm fairly certain I can finish the first chapter with relatively no items used because I have r4 Domino and AA. However, I am running into difficulties with the second chapter because I don't have Sparky. Trying to figure out the best path through that one. The final chapter I think I can get at least 2/3 of the way through with my Hyperion and Angela, but that shock is gonna be difficult to deal with on the final part.

Anyways, good post, and something that more people need to hear. Unfortunately people still have a hard time accepting even after they've read.

Yeah chapter 1 was relatively easy. Things started to become challenging at around 2.3. Chapter 3 is very difficult and had me on a mental breakdown at one point. They may not have the health of lol champs but the matches are just as long. All in all a very fun challenge and not something that can be steamrolled. Took alot of time. Practice and testing of different teams

After I see how effective Hyperion is against Ultron, I may end up taking him to r5. But yeah overall I am really enjoying the event!
  • DrekDrek Posts: 35
    Did I just read a logical, well thought out, response (some sentence structure aside as I assume English is not the OP native tongue which is fine) about this new content?

OP must be an older generation of gamer like myself and understand that the content is designed to be challenging and requires effort and skill (and the roster). I have not done LoL. Not even 60 yet (57) or done with Act 5 completion (just got UC last month).

This is my first month as UC for EQ. That’s my focus. Then exploring and completing Act 5 with some arena peppered in for units and BC.

I’ll do the original Back Issue difficultly because it’ll be an easy alpha and it’ll be cool to see how far the game has come since 2015.

Will I attempt Varient? Maybe. If I get smoked then I’ll quit and focus on making my roster (and skill) stronger and try again down the road. I have 13 5* and only one of them is now r4. I’m glad I have more content to work through for good rewards when the time comes.

Not everything is perfect in this game, but if you can’t do the new content then, as the kids say, Git Gud.