**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Remember not all content is made to be finish part 2

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
My old thread
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58465/remember-not-all-content-is-made-to-be-finish/p1

These rewards are really....really...really...good
Now with new event rewards coming I am sure a lot of people here can’t wait to try and attempt to get these rewards.

But remember these rewards are better than doing lol initial run and even 100% lol
Just take that to perspective when either, you

haven’t done lol,
haven’t done 2 paths of lol
haven’t even 100% lol.

Game modes like Realm of Legends was very,very,very hard to beat back in the day, the early summoners who explored lol with a 4* starlord pioneered and helped the future mcoc players and lol runs to the lol maps we run today.

Sure you can do LoL now..or do it 1 year from now or just wait till we can r3/4/5. 6* champion and it would be easy.

All I’m saying the if you want to go for these rewards it’s gonna be “hard” it’s gonna be challenging, and not everyone can do it yet, despite the fact I know a lot new summoners don’t even enjoy doing act 1,2,3 let alone start of growing a 2/3 * roster back in the day.

These are the type of rewards a lot of end game players want now.
People will try to beat this ASAP, getting these rewards now vs getting these rewards 1 or 2 years down the line are 2 total different era of mcoc...

But remember those who do get all these rewards are either pushing for end game content or want these rewards so it can benefit them now,

I expect those in masters/plat1aw brackets will try to get these rewards, thus increasing aw attackers and defense.
Those are a lot of rankups and every 100% completion from every person in every top allaince will be crucial.

I remember only having 1 r5 5* going against abunch alliances in aw season 2....there was people who already have 2 r5 5*
A lot of people had 1 r5 5* on attack and an r5 5* on defense.
I thought to myself that these guys are soooooo ahead of me and it wasn’t fair.

I 100% act v before aw season 1 to have a r5 5* I used only r4 5*....
But now people are going through act v 100% with 1 or even 2 r5 5*.....

But I have gotten my used from 100% act v very early vs me doing it now.

Maybe 1,2 years from now this challenge will be a lottt easier, just like how lol is easier as ever, but the rewards when lol came out was game breaking, but now...the rewards are really something Poeple don’t push through asap..

But getting these rewards now will help any account progress, even me after I already 100% lol

For all the end game materials from the rewards...don’t expect it to be easy.

We all wanted new challenges and these are just the type of things we want, we can all get there but only time, not every person,account will be ready for this challenge when it comes out.

Comments

• I suck at this game but i damn well better try the hard content hownelse will people like myself get better
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    I'm interested in how they do it. I always felt that Modoks lab, Dungeons and these type of events where there are multiple nodes on enemies was testing for some new content.

I feel it wont be like LoL with the massive health pools, more like symbiote difficulty last month but enemies having 3/4/5/6 nodes that can only be countered with certain champs. Very interesting, I know I will be 6-12 months away from attempting it.
  • BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
    I'm interested in how they do it. I always felt that Modoks lab, Dungeons and these type of events where there are multiple nodes on enemies was testing for some new content.

I feel it wont be like LoL with the massive health pools, more like symbiote difficulty last month but enemies having 3/4/5/6 nodes that can only be countered with certain champs. Very interesting, I know I will be 6-12 months away from attempting it.

You and me both buddy, you and me both. :D
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Well put man. I’m glad you said it...

With that being said as a few mentioned there are players who won’t wrap their heads around this and still try, fail and complain on the forums it’s too hard. I will be trying my initial run today to see what’s ahead, what I need to improve on and if I need to rank anything specific to help. I have 6000 units saved but I want that for gifting so I don’t spend a dime.

The rewards are great, the content will
    Be fun but I do these runs to say “I’m one of the guys who did it” same reason I did ROL, first run of LoL, beat Act 5 quickly and grow my roster.

Good luck to those who will be making their runs.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    I already bought 2 Odins ..lol

I'm 100% this today itself
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    People are still going to try. They're still going to get frustrated. They're still going to complain. Lol. It's inevitable. I'm not too big on telling people not all content is for everyone. It just adds insult to injury. I mean, it's one thing when the Staff is explaining their goals were to make it harder. It's another to have other Players remind people they're not ready. Just my two cents.

And guess what? People will always feel obligated to get rewards that they are not ready for.

Like hows its almost been over 1 year of being uncollected monthly’s and you have yet to achieve it, seatins “free to play” account is already uncollected and 100% act v and owns 6* champs and r5 5*.

Thats leaps ahead of where your at. Since all i know is that ur still uncollected.

So there goes to show you that even a ftp account can pass up someone. And he doesnt even grind arena in that account.

Even though i keep seeing you say “arena” keeps u busy, for you not trying to become uncolected, you are hurting your progression and not wanting to share your in game name, raises eyebrows

But...
    Lets give an example lets just say in 10months of not being uncolected you missed out on....

90,000 t5b (this is enough for 1 r5 5*)
    25,000 6* sharfs
    75,000 5* shards
    90,000 t2alpha
    10 t4cc crystals
    100 5* sig crystals

+ 100% master and heroic rewards are basically free rewarfds ontop of it,

And thats just 10 months, so unless tou are hitting top 10% and 20% in 5* fratured arena those rewards arent even comparable.

For someone who wants to comment on telling people they suck, basically telling that to you.

Do you even 100% master in monthly?
    What is your top champs?

And i just saw ur comment about how you would r4 5* cyclops and that just makes me think...do you even knkw how bad that champ is to waste t2alpha at your progression???? But your not even uncollected and to see a comment like that made me smh.

But thats your progression man.

But to comment on saying that i know what hard content is and u saying it without having any experience is conflicting to itself.

Have you not read the post that was linked to first part??

You should by now have a roster thats able to beat uncollected.

Id help you and theres plenty if help out there, but you need help yourself.

Haha he's beat the collector once at the cost of 2k units I read in another thread.
  • People are still going to try. They're still going to get frustrated. They're still going to complain. Lol. It's inevitable. I'm not too big on telling people not all content is for everyone. It just adds insult to injury. I mean, it's one thing when the Staff is explaining their goals were to make it harder. It's another to have other Players remind people they're not ready. Just my two cents.

And guess what? People will always feel obligated to get rewards that they are not ready for.

Like hows its almost been over 1 year of being uncollected monthly’s and you have yet to achieve it, seatins “free to play” account is already uncollected and 100% act v and owns 6* champs and r5 5*.

Thats leaps ahead of where your at. Since all i know is that ur still uncollected.

So there goes to show you that even a ftp account can pass up someone. And he doesnt even grind arena in that account.

Even though i keep seeing you say “arena” keeps u busy, for you not trying to become uncolected, you are hurting your progression and not wanting to share your in game name, raises eyebrows

But...
    Lets give an example lets just say in 10months of not being uncolected you missed out on....

25,000 6* sharfs
    75,000 5* shards
    90,000 t2alpha
    10 t4cc crystals
    100 5* sig crystals

And thats just 10 months, so unless tou are hitting top 10% and 20% in 5* fratured arena those rewards arent even comparable.

For someone who wants to comment on telling people they suck, basically telling that to you.

What is your top champs?

And i just saw ur comment about how you would r4 5* cyclops and that just makes me think...do you even knkw how bad that champ is to waste t2alpha at your progression???? But your not even uncollected and to see a comment like that made me smh.

But to comment on saying that i know what hard content is and u saying it without having any experience is conflicting to itself.

Have you two not been formally introduced yet?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Would you say the logic of not all content is meant to be finished translates into 6x5 as it’s meant to be cost prohibitive and restricited to people who can afford the donations through game play/units without violating the ToS?
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Would you say the logic of not all content is meant to be finished translates into 6x5 as it’s meant to be cost prohibitive and restricited to people who can afford the donations through game play/units without violating the ToS?

This is a very good post imo.
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Wait, what happened to Part 1? lol
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    My old thread
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58465/remember-not-all-content-is-made-to-be-finish/p1

These rewards are really....really...really...good
    Now with new event rewards coming I am sure a lot of people here can’t wait to try and attempt to get these rewards.

But remember these rewards are better than doing lol initial run and even 100% lol
    Just take that to perspective when either, you

haven’t done lol,
    haven’t done 2 paths of lol
    haven’t even 100% lol.

Game modes like Realm of Legends was very,very,very hard to beat back in the day, the early summoners who explored lol with a 4* starlord pioneered and helped the future mcoc players and lol runs to the lol maps we run today.

Sure you can do LoL now..or do it 1 year from now or just wait till we can r3/4/5. 6* champion and it would be easy.

All I’m saying the if you want to go for these rewards it’s gonna be “hard” it’s gonna be challenging, and not everyone can do it yet, despite the fact I know a lot new summoners don’t even enjoy doing act 1,2,3 let alone start of growing a 2/3 * roster back in the day.

These are the type of rewards a lot of end game players want now.
    People will try to beat this ASAP, getting these rewards now vs getting these rewards 1 or 2 years down the line are 2 total different era of mcoc...

But remember those who do get all these rewards are either pushing for end game content or want these rewards so it can benefit them now,

I expect those in masters/plat1aw brackets will try to get these rewards, thus increasing aw attackers and defense.
    Those are a lot of rankups and every 100% completion from every person in every top allaince will be crucial.

I remember only having 1 r5 5* going against abunch alliances in aw season 2....there was people who already have 2 r5 5*
    A lot of people had 1 r5 5* on attack and an r5 5* on defense.
    I thought to myself that these guys are soooooo ahead of me and it wasn’t fair.

I 100% act v before aw season 1 to have a r5 5* I used only r4 5*....
    But now people are going through act v 100% with 1 or even 2 r5 5*.....

But I have gotten my used from 100% act v very early vs me doing it now.

Maybe 1,2 years from now this challenge will be a lottt easier, just like how lol is easier as ever, but the rewards when lol came out was game breaking, but now...the rewards are really something Poeple don’t push through asap..

But getting these rewards now will help any account progress, even me after I already 100% lol

For all the end game materials from the rewards...don’t expect it to be easy.

We all wanted new challenges and these are just the type of things we want, we can all get there but only time, not every person,account will be ready for this challenge when it comes out.
    I know I probably won’t be able to 100% it but I’d like to get as much from th event as I can
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    So I read through part 1 of this post and @GroundedWisdom dropped some decent points.
    You may have good intentions (who knows) but your words come of as that of a braggart or an elitist (not sure the right one).
    Personally I know not all content can be done by everyone due to levels of roster development etc but this post isn't encouraging at all. I grew in game surrounded by members who encouraged me to keep trying, pushing my limits and now I'm a pretty decent player. But then I come on the forum and then there's you...

I don't mean to single out your comment in a bad way, just continuing discussion.

Honestly, arguments pop up on the forums from players who don't have act 5 done, who get angry about not being able to do something like variant. Posts like this are just in response to those.

As a growing player, OP here is basically saying, there is an order to things, and its okay if you can't complete it, but dont accuse kabam of not caring for you. For the people you would group together with the OP, this extra content is awesome. For a new player, it might be overwhelming.

Permanent content has a pecking order. You can decide to go out of order, but you shouldnt blame kabam if they designed something in a certain order, and you're refusing to stick to that because you want the top rewards. Act 4 and uncollected is one of these things. I see some posts here and there where people post "i completed act 4 and it was easy and I cant get uncollected, its just a money barrier" then you find out they didnt explore act 4 and dont have the t2a for r4, etc etc.

IMO this post is reactionary to all of those attitudes, and with that in mind, I don't see it too out of place.

Disclaimer: I am far along in the game, but don't have LoL explored. I will be taking a shot at this, and expecting it to be difficult, potentially unfinishable for me.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    So I read through part 1 of this post and @GroundedWisdom dropped some decent points.
    You may have good intentions (who knows) but your words come of as that of a braggart or an elitist (not sure the right one).
    Personally I know not all content can be done by everyone due to levels of roster development etc but this post isn't encouraging at all. I grew in game surrounded by members who encouraged me to keep trying, pushing my limits and now I'm a pretty decent player. But then I come on the forum and then there's you...

I don't mean to single out your comment in a bad way, just continuing discussion.

Honestly, arguments pop up on the forums from players who don't have act 5 done, who get angry about not being able to do something like variant. Posts like this are just in response to those.

As a growing player, OP here is basically saying, there is an order to things, and its okay if you can't complete it, but dont accuse kabam of not caring for you. For the people you would group together with the OP, this extra content is awesome. For a new player, it might be overwhelming.

Permanent content has a pecking order. You can decide to go out of order, but you shouldnt blame kabam if they designed something in a certain order, and you're refusing to stick to that because you want the top rewards. Act 4 and uncollected is one of these things. I see some posts here and there where people post "i completed act 4 and it was easy and I cant get uncollected, its just a money barrier" then you find out they didnt explore act 4 and dont have the t2a for r4, etc etc.

IMO this post is reactionary to all of those attitudes, and with that in mind, I don't see it too out of place.

Disclaimer: I am far along in the game, but don't have LoL explored. I will be taking a shot at this, and expecting it to be difficult, potentially unfinishable for me.

Oh you're correct
    My main point is that there could have a better way of putting his words
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Wait, what happened to Part 1? lol

Part 1 is the link i posted to the thread in the first post.

Basically we had a celebrity challenge and alot of people in community felt obligated to get the rewards.

We even had people blame youtubers who made it to “hard” and some youtubers also recoecef death/attack threats because they cant clear the content.

Its same case that i see with this month, alot of people complain champion/aegon is op and its a kabam cashgrab. But theres also alot of information on how to beat them...

Alot of people use AA so they can easily beat this months EQ bosses. But alot of peolle also posted here saying it was to hard..

Thus making this months eq easy.

• ZenioZenio Posts: 106
    If you beat it cool, if you don’t cool. I like harder content because I don’t attempt, but like the reactions of those who do and fail 😁
  • Dude. It's the same thing every month. Just have to let it happen. There's no way to stop it. Every single eq, it happens. Any new content. There were the same number of complaints about Gwenpool goes to the movies. Different complaints, sure.. But same number and intensity. Let it happen lol. There's no stopping it... You'll only make yourself crazy.

s3du3n61q8bd.png

That one is for my buddy ice.
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »

You're missing the word "immediately." Not all content is meant to be finished immediately. Some content is explicitly designed so that the vast majority of players, and sometimes literally all of them, simply cannot complete the content without spending exorbitantly on it. Because it is meant to be worked up towards. And because it is meant to be worked towards, not all players will invest the time and energy to progress enough for it to become in reach, ever.

Variant is not meant to be completed immediately, although some will try. Map 6 was not meant to be run constantly when it was first introduced also. Some alliances and some players have progressed to the point where they can run the map successfully and can pay the costs continuously. Some people never will. That's how progress works at or near the top.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    People are still going to try. They're still going to get frustrated. They're still going to complain. Lol. It's inevitable. I'm not too big on telling people not all content is for everyone. It just adds insult to injury. I mean, it's one thing when the Staff is explaining their goals were to make it harder. It's another to have other Players remind people they're not ready. Just my two cents.

But...

25,000 6* sharfs
    75,000 5* shards
    90,000 t2alpha
    10 t4cc crystals
    100 5* sig crystals

What is your top champs?

Haha he's beat the collector once at the cost of 2k units I read in another thread.

I'm Uncollected. I said I dropped 2k this month. I didn't say it was on The Collector. For months, you scoffed at me not being Uncollected. Now you're scoffing at my use of Resources. I don't even have a rebuttal for that. I'll just let it speak for itself.
    edited November 2018

But...

25,000 6* sharfs
    75,000 5* shards
    90,000 t2alpha
    10 t4cc crystals
    100 5* sig crystals

What is your top champs?

You're taking peoples' inventories without them even asking. Advice and suggestions are helpful, but when you're passing judgment, that's not. This was posted before people even had chance to do the Quest. Now you're questioning where I'm at. If you can't see how that comes off as a tad bit pretentious, I don't know what to say.
    I dont think it's helpful to remind people they aren't strong enough. If they're struggling and want to express that, they will do so. The last thing I would want to hear when I'm having a hard time is, "It's just not for you.".
    I'm really not being confrontational in saying that. It's just about respecting where people are at. Sometimes people are just frustrated and want to complain. We can say they're not willing to learn and we can say we have the answers, but if that's where they're at, there isn't anything we can do to change that. We can encourage them and let them know there's help if they are open to it, but they have just as much right to be heard closed-minded as everyone else.