Gwenpool Cutoff Results

Got her with 7.1 mil. How much did y'all put up?
«13

Comments

  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 247
    5,702,202. 11-25%

    I knew I needed more than 6mil, just didn't have the motivation to keep going. Also, I was hoping people would stay away from the arena due to the super high expected cut offs...guessed wrong :(
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    7.6
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,126 ★★★
    9 mil
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 247
    Wow! That sucks. I read that some got her at 6.2

    You may have just missed her :(
  • What a bloody joke, grinded for 3 days get 6.1 Mil and only get in the 11%-25% of players. This is enough for me to quit the game


    I feel you man. In the Venompoole arena, I just missed out on him by 300k. Ironically, the next week I popped a prenium and guess who was staring back at Me? My FOUR STAR VENOMPOOLE! A month after that, I popped a four star crystal and my duplicated venompoole was staring back at me.

    Use your 500 four star shards and save up....
    who knows? You might get a four star Gwenpoole?

    Also, 6.1 mill was lower than ContestChampion or even Seatin predicted, so you shouldn't have expected him. I know they overestimated, but you still missed. Never stop grinding.
    I saved up a 100 boost crystals before this arena, and I only came out with 20.
    If there's a basic champion on the schedule that you really like and think You can get, build up your roster before and save a lot of arena boost crystals

    Good luck in your future arenas.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    What a bloody joke, grinded for 3 days get 6.1 Mil and only get in the 11%-25% of players. This is enough for me to quit the game


    I feel you man. In the Venompoole arena, I just missed out on him by 300k. Ironically, the next week I popped a prenium and guess who was staring back at Me? My FOUR STAR VENOMPOOLE! A month after that, I popped a four star crystal and my duplicated venompoole was staring back at me.

    Use your 500 four star shards and save up....
    who knows? You might get a four star Gwenpoole?

    Also, 6.1 mill was lower than ContestChampion or even Seatin predicted, so you shouldn't have expected him. I know they overestimated, but you still missed. Never stop grinding.
    I saved up a 100 boost crystals before this arena, and I only came out with 20.
    If there's a basic champion on the schedule that you really like and think You can get, build up your roster before and save a lot of arena boost crystals

    Good luck in your future arenas.

    Pool not Poole
    Pool not Poole
    Pool not poole
  • I nabbed GP at 7.1 million!, pretty good for me regarding the highest I've ever scored was 3.5 mill for Phoenix
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 1,606 ★★★
    1.9m 11-25%

  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 1,606 ★★★
    seems to me unless you know you'll make the numbers you may as well stop and save your thumbs.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 501 ★★
    These cutoffs are too dang high lol
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 247
    @Isman1998

    But, Kabam re-did the arenas to cut down arena grinding...LOL LOL LOL.

    Can you change them again Kabam? Hopefully next time we can have every arena champ go for 10mil!!!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 1,581 ★★★
    What a bloody joke, grinded for 3 days get 6.1 Mil and only get in the 11%-25% of players. This is enough for me to quit the game

    I don't get why you (and other people) would waste all that time knowing your score has little chance. I think 150k, 1.6 mil or so for the 11-25, or 6.5 mil were the only scores to get in this arena. What's the point of getting 4, 5, 6 million?
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 247
    @danielmath

    Can't speak for everyone-

    It's because of the "chance"...little, tiny, barely...as long as there's a chance...it's anyone's champ.

    No one knows what is EXACTLY needed. So, we do what we can with what we have and hope for the best
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 326
    What a bloody joke, grinded for 3 days get 6.1 Mil and only get in the 11%-25% of players. This is enough for me to quit the game

    I feel you missed Hyperion first round by 125K. Will never under shoot ever again
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 1,581 ★★★
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    @danielmath

    Can't speak for everyone-

    It's because of the "chance"...little, tiny, barely...as long as there's a chance...it's anyone's champ.

    No one knows what is EXACTLY needed. So, we do what we can with what we have and hope for the best

    That's fair, since you don't know for sure what it will be and there have been times where predicated cutoffs were off. I just would get pissed if i spent all that time and fell short so I don't risk it unless I know i'm getting the champ haha
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    9.1
  • 1.5m 26- 50%
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 100
    What a bloody joke, grinded for 3 days get 6.1 Mil and only get in the 11%-25% of players. This is enough for me to quit the game

    WOW from the scores pouring into other subs, seems you missed Gwenpool by 100,000++ points

    Sorry
  • 6.9M
  • DieBleedingDieBleeding Posts: 15
    I put in 7.1 and got her.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916
    7.35m and got her. Quite a relief, really, I kind of understand the frustration of missing the cutoff...it isn't the kind of thing to brush off easily... Hopefully better luck next time is all I can say
  • ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    I scored 8.317 and got her obviously.

    The high cutoff in this arena is kabams fault. They paired Gwenpool with a total garbage featured champ (miles morales) so of course the grinders will be heading into the basic arena instead.

    She's a relatively new champ so I guess a lot of people don't have her.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    0 points and I got her (dupe) from a PHC earned grinding the 3* Spidey arena (duped him with 740k).

    Last week was just messing around and got Fixit for 1.7m. Deliberately scored low because I was only trying for the shards.

    Moral of the story: Keep grinding. Keep earning crystals, you never know what you'll get.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 326
    I heard there was a emergency maitnence during the arena. Some people complained that that's the reason but it personally didn't effect me. Did it get anyone?
  • Yes there was emergency maintenance for last 20 minutes. Although i already had scored 6.7m, and successfully got het. Cutoff was 6.2 and i think it will be higher for 2nd time, she is a god tier berserk attacker, almost same as star lord.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 7,577 Guardian
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    @Isman1998

    But, Kabam re-did the arenas to cut down arena grinding...LOL LOL LOL.

    Can you change them again Kabam? Hopefully next time we can have every arena champ go for 10mil!!!

    Actually, people are grinding less. The problem is people are only looking at the cutoff scores, and sometimes not even the right ones. I analyzed scoring after the Gwenpool cutoffs were posted because I knew people would be saying things like this. Here's what's actually going on.

    The highest basic champion in the old arenas was Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler scored 6.1 in round one and 6.4 in round two. That's the highest combined score of any basic champion to date, and that was in January. Statistically speaking, basic champion scores were rising by about 20k per week under the old system, mostly due to increasing roster strength of players. We would expect that scores would rise over time and not stay constant, because that would imply no one was ranking up anything.

    Projecting forward, that means when Voodoo came along the same player putting in the same effort should score on average about 400k points and for Hyperion about 440k more points. That means in terms of normalized effort Voodoo generated about 5.5 million of effective effort in round one and 3.8 million in round two. Hyperion generated just under 6 million in round one and 5.4 million in round two. Both drew less actual scoring effort than Nightcrawler.

    On top of that, 14.0 streamlined the arena which means for the same amount of time players can score more points. My own informal testing suggests that while this will be different for different players, on average you can expect the same amount of time to generate between 10% and 15% more points. That means Gwenpool's 6.2 cutoff represents the same amount of effort as 5.3 - 5.6 million would have been under pre-14.0 arena. And on top of that, July 13th scoring should be approximately 520k higher than it would have been in January when Nightcrawler was running.

    Normalized for natural score inflation due to strengthening players and adjusted for the 14.0 streamlining, compared to Nightcrawler, Gwenpool generated about the same effort as an effective score of about 4.7 - 5.1 million. In other words, if we look at the estimated amount of time and energy put into arena grinding, Gwenpool comes in fourth place behind Nightcrawler, Hyperion, and Voodoo. And nothing has yet beaten Nightcrawler in terms of pure effort expended to reach the minimum required score.

    For a post-14.0 champion to equal Nightcrawler in terms of pure effort, it would have to generate a cutoff score of at least 7.6 million points as of today. That's what Nightcrawler would have required if it ran with player strength equal to today and with 14.0 arena mechanics (but with the same 5% cutoff). For reference, the 7 million I put up for Gwenpool took significantly less effort than the 5 million I put up for Black Widow last year. My scoring has been rising faster than the average general score inflation, as of course it probably is for about half the arena grinders.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,429 ★★★★
    Basic 4* as high as gp aren't worthy grinding for imo. The game is adding more 5* and eventually she will be on of them
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    @DNA3000, that all assumes the players go to the same streak number (i.e. fight the same number of fights) every time. If my goal is 3 million points, I go for 3m points. I don't go for a streak of 150. Ranking up my champs just means that next time I may only need a streak of 135 to get there, but I know I'm still capable of doing 150 if I need that extra boost.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 326
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    @Isman1998

    But, Kabam re-did the arenas to cut down arena grinding...LOL LOL LOL.

    Can you change them again Kabam? Hopefully next time we can have every arena champ go for 10mil!!!

    Actually, people are grinding less. The problem is people are only looking at the cutoff scores, and sometimes not even the right ones. I analyzed scoring after the Gwenpool cutoffs were posted because I knew people would be saying things like this. Here's what's actually going on.

    The highest basic champion in the old arenas was Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler scored 6.1 in round one and 6.4 in round two. That's the highest combined score of any basic champion to date, and that was in January. Statistically speaking, basic champion scores were rising by about 20k per week under the old system, mostly due to increasing roster strength of players. We would expect that scores would rise over time and not stay constant, because that would imply no one was ranking up anything.

    Projecting forward, that means when Voodoo came along the same player putting in the same effort should score on average about 400k points and for Hyperion about 440k more points. That means in terms of normalized effort Voodoo generated about 5.5 million of effective effort in round one and 3.8 million in round two. Hyperion generated just under 6 million in round one and 5.4 million in round two. Both drew less actual scoring effort than Nightcrawler.

    On top of that, 14.0 streamlined the arena which means for the same amount of time players can score more points. My own informal testing suggests that while this will be different for different players, on average you can expect the same amount of time to generate between 10% and 15% more points. That means Gwenpool's 6.2 cutoff represents the same amount of effort as 5.3 - 5.6 million would have been under pre-14.0 arena. And on top of that, July 13th scoring should be approximately 520k higher than it would have been in January when Nightcrawler was running.

    Normalized for natural score inflation due to strengthening players and adjusted for the 14.0 streamlining, compared to Nightcrawler, Gwenpool generated about the same effort as an effective score of about 4.7 - 5.1 million. In other words, if we look at the estimated amount of time and energy put into arena grinding, Gwenpool comes in fourth place behind Nightcrawler, Hyperion, and Voodoo. And nothing has yet beaten Nightcrawler in terms of pure effort expended to reach the minimum required score.

    For a post-14.0 champion to equal Nightcrawler in terms of pure effort, it would have to generate a cutoff score of at least 7.6 million points as of today. That's what Nightcrawler would have required if it ran with player strength equal to today and with 14.0 arena mechanics (but with the same 5% cutoff). For reference, the 7 million I put up for Gwenpool took significantly less effort than the 5 million I put up for Black Widow last year. My scoring has been rising faster than the average general score inflation, as of course it probably is for about half the arena grinders.

    Agreeded. The sad truth is that scored will only go up as people will keep expanding and ranking up their rosters. In theory it non-repeat basics will only go up with the exceptions to Howard and phenoix. Kabam plays their cards right putting high demand characters with low demand ones. Except the voodoo arena
Sign In or Register to comment.