**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gwenpool Cutoff Results

13»

Comments

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    I don't exactly know why the huge difference though, maybe more people jumped in the arena, maybe other arenas got in the way. Gwen's signature ability might not have been that important for some. Maybe even the cheaters raised the scores before.

Huge drop in scores is normal for the highly wanted basics. Scores are crazy high the first round for them and they drop a LOT the second round. Has happened with Quake, GR, Mordo, DV, Hyperion, and now GP
    Correct on all but GR, only dropped from 4.3 to 4.

But yeah, all the other ones dropped a lot, I always knew they dropped second round usually, but not for over a million points.

Quake, Mordo and DV dropped over a million
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    I don't exactly know why the huge difference though, maybe more people jumped in the arena, maybe other arenas got in the way. Gwen's signature ability might not have been that important for some. Maybe even the cheaters raised the scores before.

Huge drop in scores is normal for the highly wanted basics. Scores are crazy high the first round for them and they drop a LOT the second round. Has happened with Quake, GR, Mordo, DV, Hyperion, and now GP
    Correct on all but GR, only dropped from 4.3 to 4.

But yeah, all the other ones dropped a lot, I always knew they dropped second round usually, but not for over a million points.

Yea, I was a bit surprised by the second cutoff, I thought the cutoff would of course be a bit lower, like 5.8m-6m, but I didn't expect such a huge drop. This is almost a 2 million drop in score.

I think you mentioned that pretty much the same number of people joined the arena, so that would mean the ban wave didn't impact the number of people who attended the arena. What it might have impacted were some of the account sharers who escaped the ban wave, since they would be on high alert of not sharing their account, and would thus grind by themselves, reducing the scores that were attained through account sharing.

Other factors include the usual, such as the fact it's in the middle of the week (weekends tend to be higher for obvious reasons), or the 6.2m cutoff score dissuading people from trying to get her.
  • DarkDark Posts: 60
    What a bloody joke, grinded for 3 days get 6.1 Mil and only get in the 11%-25% of players. This is enough for me to quit the game

That sucks dude, must be a big disappointment. That's why I never try for sky high desired champ. I did 1.7 and ended up same as you
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I Imagine the cut off fell so hard due to many factors but I would like to believe that Ban Hammer of Thor did a great deal also.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Challenger wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    @DNA3000, that all assumes the players go to the same streak number (i.e. fight the same number of fights) every time. If my goal is 3 million points, I go for 3m points. I don't go for a streak of 150. Ranking up my champs just means that next time I may only need a streak of 135 to get there, but I know I'm still capable of doing 150 if I need that extra boost.

It does not assume that. ........

The psychology is also different for lower value champions. There, people are less likely to be going all-out and more likely to be aiming for scores, balancing the chance of getting the basic with achieving milestone rewards across the arena events.

I totally agree, because that what I thought people would do and why I hit 7.1 M both times for Gwen. And I don't wanna miss out T4B because I do need it for ranking ups, so I'm using my deserted bunch for this arena, like Carnage, IP, and some of my 3* champs, hah hah.

I would like to have CAWWII as well, any thoughts on the cut offs? I personally wanna try 5M, but not sure if he's still desirable to most, I still haven't had him yet. And would like a science champ that I can use on some basic tasks.

I would be surprised if CapWWII crossed 4 million, much less 5. Prior to 14.0, I would have guessed Cap to be about 2.5-3 million leaning to the lower end of that range. With 14.0 speeding up arena, it could stay right there if people aim there, or the score could drift upward to 2.8-3.2 million if people spend the same amount of time grinding. This is the first lower scoring repeat basic since 14.0 we can use to see what the psychology is likely to be.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    First arena I've done in a long, long time. Did both arenas, got her both times.

1st arena: 7.8mil
    2nd arena: 7.0mil

No more arenas for a long, long time.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    SlySly wrote: »
    Second was lower, one of the guys in my ally got her with 4.8
    Yeah, from about 6.2 mil all the way to atmost 4.8 mil, though I think I heard a 4.6 mil in my alliance, huge drop-off.

Edit: It's not the "More people jumped in" one, as roughly the same amount of people were in both rounds (About 130600- 130900).

My own opinion is that several factors make the really highly desireable non-repeat basics score very high in round one and then much lower in round two. And it mostly comes down to how many people are willing to grind that high.

First of all, out of all the people grinding for a basic, some fraction already have the basic and are grinding to awaken. Because the basic only awards one sig level, it becomes far less desirable to grind for an awakened basic. So many people get the champ in round one and then drop out in round two.

Second, the first round includes a Saturday. That doesn't necessarily matter all the time, but if you are trying to grind the maximum amount for a highly desirable basic, for a high percentage of people Saturday offers more grinding hours which increases the total possible points you can earn in those three days.

Third, when the basic scores very high in the first round, exhaustion can set in in the second round. When the first round is lower and people put less effort into it, they may be more inclined to put out a similar effort in the second round. But when they have to push really hard in round one, even if they want the champ again they may not want to put that same level of effort twice in a row. Ghost Rider went for 4.3 in round one. That wasn't too bad, so a similar level of effort went into round two and he went for just under 4 million. But a lot of effort went into Voodoo in round one and it took 5.9 million to get him. That caused many to push less hard in round two and he dropped dramatically to only 4.2 in round 2.

Hyperion seems to be an exception to this phenomenon, but I think that is more associated with the unique nature of Hyperion: he was a highly desirable attacker and defender. That doesn't necessarily mean he was desired more strongly, but I think it meant that more people desired him due to his wider usage. So effects that would reduce the number of grinders that were grinding as strongly in round two were dampened by the fact that there was simply a lot more people who wanted him, and even after people dropped out after getting him in round one and even after some people slacked off after putting in that effort in round one, there were still plenty of people left that wanted to continue to push hard for him in round two.
  • ZachHZachH Posts: 0
    got her with 6.45m