**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Announcing: The Champion’s Clash

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Shrinidhi wrote: »
    Sorry for some negativity but this is a bug in the 3rd quest of chapter 1b19f8wcbhhlt.png

same...anyone know how to get around this?

I saw that too and decided better safe than sorry and went to the second portal.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Shrinidhi wrote: »
    I got 98% explored which pissed me off a lot. Please look into it.

Ugh, that's so annoying. Gonna have to re run that quest.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 788 ★★★★
    Ahtesham wrote: »
    Pleas make difficulty low sone players like me can't afoot to handle chaoter1 pleas

if you 100% chapter 1 you will get the same rewards as the previous celebrity challenge had, you don't have to bother with chapter 2. also the difficulty of chapter 1 had been reduced quite a bit. previous final bosses had around 110k health. This? I dont remember but either 40k or 80k someone correct me I'm in the last 2 lanes of chapter 2 brrruuuuh.... :O
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    VulcanM wrote: »
    seems interesting, just out of curiosity is the awakening gem in act 2 exploration generic or a crystal?

The 4-Star Awakening Gem is Generic!
    Mike, the meta has long since changed to 5 stars. For the next event like this is there anyway we can bump the awakening to 5 star ?

The difficulty would have to be adjusted as well.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Crkwest wrote: »
    Void? Yay unavoidable damage! Magik? Yay unavoidable damage! Iceman? Yay unavoidable damage!

Void's damage is completely avoidable just time your combos properly, Magik has a ton of counters now, quake, blade, elektra, BW, archangel, gladiator hulk, etc. Iceman also has quite a few counters, sabretooth, mephisto, rogue or just bring a regen champion to get the health back.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 9,895 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Champer to end okay okay im also bost the the whalls culdt take. Hyprions counter void for me magik and void counter AA and. Iceman sabetertoht and the Champions cap IW. Covus. Counter Sl
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    seems interesting, just out of curiosity is the awakening gem in act 2 exploration generic or a crystal?

Mike, the meta has long since changed to 5 stars. For the next event like this is there anyway we can bump the awakening to 5 star ?

They have already increased the pi of the defenders quite a bit as well as increased the nodes from the first couple of events

OP suggested a 5-Star Gem. That would require significantly greater difficulty than what's in Chapter 1.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

They have already increased the pi of the defenders quite a bit as well as increased the nodes from the first couple of events

OP suggested a 5-Star Gem. That would require significantly greater difficulty than what's in Chapter 1.

Why? I’m saying the value of the 5 star awakening gem is that of what the 4 star was when these events first came out. It’s a matter of the game progressing and rewards scaling with their progression.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★

Why? I’m saying the value of the 5 star awakening gem is that of what the 4 star was when these events first came out. It’s a matter of the game progressing and rewards scaling with their progression.

Lol they just sold a 5* gem for 15k units, no one is spending 15k units on this quest.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

Lol they just sold a 5* gem for 15k units, no one is spending 15k units on this quest.

That was generic, all the rewards they are given are geared towards 5 stars aside from the awakening...one of these things is not like the other, ones of these things just doesn't belong.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    So about the Knock-out node ...
    AEgon on the other hand, has a 7.5 seconds stun on his sp3 (stupefy mastery included). And parry mastery will also give him a 2.5 second stun, giving him the change to also benefit from the node.

Parry can not be longer than 2 seconds, then pacify is added +0.5. So it will always be shorter than 2.5 seconds unless you max out perfect block with synergies (but I'm not sure +25% PB is enough to make parry last 2 seconds). I'm not sure Aegon can do it, you would also have to have immaculate timing on the SP3.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Thank you this quest is nice. I just wish it was at least another week long as my best champs are often tied up i war.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Why no Knockout node on the final path of Heavyweight? : (
  • Harvey1980Harvey1980 Posts: 30
    Initial thoughts: like the idea of more difficult challenges, but ...
    The step up in difficulty is ridiculous. If you’re able to complete chapter 1, but have to use multiple runs on 4th quest, then you have no chance at chapter 2 unless you’re willing to spend loads on potions. So you have a challenge for the top end game players and weak or new players, but nothing for those of us in the middle.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Harvey1980 wrote: »
    The step up in difficulty is ridiculous. If you’re able to complete chapter 1, but have to use multiple runs on 4th quest, then you have no chance at chapter 2 unless you’re willing to spend loads on potions. So you have a challenge for the top end game players and weak or new players, but nothing for those of us in the middle.

The rewards for fully exploring chapter 1 are incredible.

I plan on having to run the last 3-4 paths of the last quest on chapter one individually.

It's so little for rewards that blow the event quest on master away.

How can you complain about that?

• Harvey1980Harvey1980 Posts: 30
    Harvey1980 wrote: »

The rewards for fully exploring chapter 1 are incredible.

I plan on having to run the last 3-4 paths of the last quest on chapter one individually.

It's so little for rewards that blow the event quest on master away.

How can you complain about that?

I’m not complaining about the rewards - although I’m at a stage of the game where I’m desperate for t2a but the challenge.
    I feel that chapter 1 will now be reasonably straight forward for me, but chapter 2 will prove impossible as I don’t have the champs to handle 6 paths consecutively which are all harder than the hardest path in chapter 1. If I were able to complete a path at a time, then it would be doable. If kabam offered more reward for doing it in one run that would be fair.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,710 ★★★
    When I saw the 3 buffs mentioned above (finisher, handicap match, knockout), I was ecstatic thinking there were only going to b 3 buffs total. Then I saw all the others, lol.
  • hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    edited November 2018
    Kabam Doot wrote: »
    For Chapter 2 however, you’ll need to complete each path in order before challenging the Final Boss. Which requires more time and a careful roster choice, but the same energy costs as multiple runs would. All rewards are also paid out upon completion as well, allowing Summoners to get both Quest and Chapter completion and mastery rewards in one go (as well as Act rewards if Chapter 1 has been fully explored).

The way I read this is basically 30 boss fights in a row with the same team, no exits? And no completion rewards without Exploration? All or nothing? If the champs in the last two chapters are like events in the past, that sounds significantly more difficult than Epic or Uncollected ...
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    hephaestus wrote: »
    Kabam Doot wrote: »
    For Chapter 2 however, you’ll need to complete each path in order before challenging the Final Boss. Which requires more time and a careful roster choice, but the same energy costs as multiple runs would. All rewards are also paid out upon completion as well, allowing Summoners to get both Quest and Chapter completion and mastery rewards in one go (as well as Act rewards if Chapter 1 has been fully explored).

The way I read this is basically 30 boss fights in a row with the same team, no exits? And no completion rewards without Exploration? All or nothing? If the champs in the last two chapters are like events in the past, that sounds significantly more difficult than Epic or Uncollected ...

Actually 31 if you count The Champion boss at the end. There is no way to exit it without losing all your progress. It is pretty difficult to do without the right champs and even then I needed some pots to finish.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 788 ★★★★
    3gduss3kb9ev.jpg

The epic difficulty made it up to it's name, I had a good time with it, and I finally had my 4/55 mephisto a use :D I could go with these challenges like one in two months period.

also Miike plz rig mah crystal 4 a good pull 2 start lol thankz
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    All hail the official Corvus killer! Handicapped what’s-it!
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    Not to forget Gwenpool for the atuns! :smiley: Domino & Gwenpool go to the Quests! should be the name of the quest ! :wink:
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    So about the Knock-out node ...

Is this node only made for AEgon and Domino or what? If very lucky, Domino may be able to proc 2/3 stuns and take advantage of this node. AEgon on the other hand, has a 7.5 seconds stun on his sp3 (stupefy mastery included). And parry mastery will also give him a 2.5 second stun, giving him the change to also benefit from the node.
    Apart from those too, maybe Jane Foster if very very lucky?

Another question is, how would AEgon persistant combo interact with this node? Let's say that he has already 300 hits on his persistent charges. Would he one-shot every single opponent?

I can't really say for the first question, as there are probably some interactions I will forget, but Jane Foster came to mind for me as well.

As for the second question, It is based on the actual Combo meter, and as Aegon carries his Persistent Variables forward, but not the actual Combo meter, he will not be able to just 1 shot every Champion if he hits 300 Variables throughout the quest. It's really just a challenge that you can take on if you'd like, and is best done with lower Rarity Champions.

Not to forget Gwenpool ! :smiley: Domino & Gwenpool go to the Quests! should be the name of the quest ! :wink: