On the new 5* crystal announcement

13567

Comments

  • NicksFury2099NicksFury2099 Posts: 25
    edited May 2017
    I would like any player that used shards on 5 star crystal in the month of May be rewarded additional shards as reimbursement
  • BlackhawkbillBlackhawkbill Posts: 118
    edited May 2017
    I gotta say....in absolutely NO way am I defending Kabam....but history repeats itself...and Kabam has proven over and over again that shady business practices, insane offers, ect....are what they do best. I feel a large problem with the afforementioned, is that they keep happening because no matter what PEOPLE KEEP SPENDING!!!!

    I totally get that people can do whatever they choose w their money....BUT....knowing the reputation of this company, anyone at this point who makes these large in game purchases HAS to know that it's done at a very high risk of disappointment.

    Instead of compensation, anyone who bought that $500 deal who feels wronged, should use this as a lesson learned and never let it happen again. The less those rediculous offers are bought, the less we'll see them popping up in the store.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,422 ★★★★★
    MavRCK_ wrote: »
    I watched friends be heartbroken going 0/10 or worse on fearured crystals. Because at the top they mean that much. I have alliance members who bought the deal only to get venom pool, who will be available in 2 weeks. I've seen guys sell 40 4*s because it was the last shot (or so they thought).
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    jm_marvel wrote: »
    Guy selling account services talking about squeezing money out of people. Why aren't you banned yet

    Thanks for you concern but you are mistaken. I'm not associated with that in any way at all. You should get your facts straight before running your mouth.

    Isn't it offered through your service?

    Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services
    I thought you were responsible for the InfoBot. I could be mistaken. If so, my bad.

    Nope, like I told the other guy, inform yourself before running your mouth.

    There's no reason to be rude because someone was mistaken. Also, please tell me how suggesting people do the above is different than using the "B Word".

    I'm not trying to organize anyone, or stop spending on a large scale. Just reminding people that the avenues for making their voices heard are always open.
    If that's the logic you're going with.
    It is, I didn't buy the deal, don't have lol completed and ive only opened 1 5* crystal and missed on it.

    I watched friends be heartbroken going 0/10 or worse on fearured crystals. Because at the top they mean that much. I have alliance members who bought the deal only to get venom pool, who will be available in 2 weeks. I've seen guys sell 40 4*s because it was the last shot (or so they thought).

    I know that my suggestions are not perfect but no one can deny that the 500$ deal is shady in retrospect.


    Exactly.

    'At the top' choices to choose to go for feature crystals or not MATTER. Investments of huge amounts of money and resources have to weighed CAREFULLY. This is how competitive and difficult the prestige and end-game is.

    Changing the rules mid-game really screws over a lot of us.

    It's another 12.0 fiasco with limited foresight into how it affects the prior players.

    The game is constantly changing. We can't expect compensation everytime they try to change or improve something. The new becomes the old. That's how it grows. I predicted this because that's the same as what happens with 4* Champs. If the game is to go forward, it has to cycle more than just the ordinary 5*'s. What people go for is up to them. I don't see any rational reason why improving the Featured 5*'s and adding new Basics is doing a disservice to people.
    Champs aren't Feautred forever. That's how the game works. It's time that included 5*'s as well.
  • Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    Your "solutions" are extremely unfair to the majority of the player base.

    1. First off, no one forced anyone to buy the $500 deal, and additionally history should've taught people to be skeptical of deals such as that one (i.e. the Dr. Strange deal right before he was nerfed - different scenario but the value of the purchase was definitely altered after the fact). Also, If Kabam were originally to offer that deal with the whopping extra 20,000 shards many more people may have bought it that didn't; giving those shards out after the fact would be extremely unfair to those who didn't see the value in just that crystal, but may have seen value with those shards added.

    2. No one forced anyone to use the awakening gem on Ultron, I know many who didn't because they didn't see his utility as game changing and worthy of awakening. Better features existed prior to this update, just as they do after. Patience and planning ahead would have fixed that issue. And to top it off, what about all the people who complete LoL post announcement? How is it fair that those who did it before would receive two awakening gems? Additionally, no one forced anyone to rank Ultron, if rank down tickets were to be sent out, they should be provided to everyone not just those people. Bringing back feature champions that everyone thought would never be available again is a game changer.

    3. Anyone who recently opened a basic 5* crystal shouldn't be provided extra shards. This would be completely unfair to those who save shards. No one forced them to open a crystal and it is no secret additional 5* champions would be added at some point.

    I see where you're coming from with these ideas and understand the frustration, but I think if some sort of compensation or rank down ticket is provided it should be to every single player, not a very specific group.

    I think you got option 3 wrong. He said only those people get 5* shards back who opened 5* featured crystal (like Cable/Nebula) and got basic champ like(Antman/IP) which is fair enough according to me.

    I must've misread, but that's absolutely ludacris - in that respect EVERYONE who has EVER opened a feature crystal and not pulled the feature should get shards. No one forces anyone to open feature crystals and they know the risks / rewards; just because you don't get what you want doesn't mean you deserve compensation. What is going to be requested next? Kabam just give you whatever champ you want?

    In any of my post i didn't mention to give me what i want. All I'm saying is that if i would have waited then i can also get chance at other champs like rogue/GR/Archangel etc. I agree with option 3 and he also mentioned about people who opened 5* featured crystal previously. Please don't take my point in other direction.
  • EvenEven Posts: 3
    Just bought a 15000K feature champion on 05/17 and couple of hours later it was announced that lots of feature heroes become basic type... What the xxx.
  • DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    I'm surprised Kabam decided to implement this but I guess it's that time to kill the game quicker ;) I'm all for this change though feel bad for the clowns who awakened classic ultron though with their generic 5* gem instead of saving it. Regular ultron that can bleed/cauterize/absorb and self heal > a no healing classic ultron that can poison I guess. Lol
  • DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    Sha59 wrote: »
    Matt i agree with most of what you said however their is one thing

    No offense intended to anyone but

    Anyone that completed LOL after 12.1 was released should get NOTHING atall.

    Why you ask?

    Quite simple they got to complete a much easier, cheaper version of LOL, that is still bugged to this day with champs not working the way they should and Kabam has done nothing to fix it.
    The Previous 8x people that had lol completed before 12.0 should be getting compensation, noone else.
    Sha59 wrote: »
    Matt i agree with most of what you said however their is one thing

    No offense intended to anyone but

    Anyone that completed LOL after 12.1 was released should get NOTHING atall.

    Why you ask?

    Quite simple they got to complete a much easier, cheaper version of LOL, that is still bugged to this day with champs not working the way they should and Kabam has done nothing to fix it.
    The Previous 8x people that had lol completed before 12.0 should be getting compensation, noone else.

    And how many of those players got to complete the first path of LOL easier with a SW and no dulled than the majority of the players? Get outta here lol.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Even wrote: »
    Just bought a 15000K feature champion on 05/17 and couple of hours later it was announced that lots of feature heroes become basic type... What the xxx.

    Actually no. It was announced a few hours ago and a mail was send to our inbox.
  • RezzidentRezzident Posts: 21
    Great points here @mutamatt
  • DirectorDirector Posts: 32
    edited May 2017
    I'm sorry but asking for an additional 5* awakening gem and rank down tickets for people who used it on Classic Ultron, just because AOU Ultron is comming, doesn't make sense at all.
    They awakened Classic Ultron simply because he is only available through LOL, and won't be in basic or featured crystals surely.
    AOU Ultron will be available to dupe at any time as a basic.

    So it's not like they wasted their awakening gem, cats, ISO and gold on Classic Utron but the opposite.
    An extra awakenig gem and rank down tickets because of that is a No No Imho.
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    Wait a minute... Wait a minute. I am confused. Are you trying to tell me that there were people stupid enough to actually purchase that $500.00 packaged deal? I don't believe it. It simply cannot be true. Really?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,419 ★★★★★
    All the replies that conclude that people got what they deserved and shouldn't spend kind of miss the point. If no one spends we won't have a game. The game needs to make money. But they should make every effort to make people happy with their purchase for the good of the players and for the good of the game. Offering awakening gems for $100 right before they were going to nerf the top champs, offering $500 for featured 5*s right before they were going to devalue them, these sorts of deals are bad business and make the customers feel cheated. For the record I didn't buy either deal. But some compensation seems to be in order. Rank down tickets should be offered since 4/55s are limited and the whole landscape is shifting. And totally agree with muttamat's point about transparency.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    Wait a minute... Wait a minute. I am confused. Are you trying to tell me that there were people stupid enough to actually purchase that $500.00 packaged deal? I don't believe it. It simply cannot be true. Really?

    It is rude to label people as "stupid" just because they bought something that you feel is not worth it. I didn't buy it too but I knew others would. The unbelievable thing is actually seeking compensation when they didn't get a good pull after spending 500 bucks.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    Lol so you want another awakening gem because you awoke a champion who can only be gained by doing the hardest feature in the game 100%? PLEASE!

    You all knew Ultron would be added as a 5* at some point so that doesn't matter at all, whether he come now or in 8 months, he was still going to be put in there at some point.

    If they rectify this offer, then there will be outrage too for all the ones they didn't go back and rectify.

    More of Act 5 will most likely be due soon and they said it's all coming this year, pretty sure a 5* awakening gem will be part of those rewards at least.

    Let's just give them props for changing it up, all they need now is more ways to get shards or upping them for wars, especially tier 1 and making changes to the AW Victory crystal...so depressing putting all that effort in and getting an XP boost at the level cap!
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    In the old forum, it was stated categorically that there were no plans to bring back the featured 5* heroes once it is over. As such, the only way for one to get the featured 5* heroes is to open the 15k shards. I have tried up to 8 5* Pink Ghost crystals because I wanted a 5* skilled champ other than the WS that I have. But I did not get any GP. Granted that GP is not going to be a basic hero for some time, but if I had known that the pool of basic 5* champs is going to be increased, I would not want to open the Pink Ghost crystals.

    And yes, I bought the $500 package. Not only that, I bought every single 4* featured hero crystals that came along.
  • Sha59Sha59 Posts: 36
    edited May 2017
    DReckoning wrote: »
    Sha59 wrote: »
    Matt i agree with most of what you said however their is one thing

    No offense intended to anyone but

    Anyone that completed LOL after 12.1 was released should get NOTHING atall.

    Why you ask?

    Quite simple they got to complete a much easier, cheaper version of LOL, that is still bugged to this day with champs not working the way they should and Kabam has done nothing to fix it.
    The Previous 8x people that had lol completed before 12.0 should be getting compensation, noone else.

    And how many of those players got to complete the first path of LOL easier with a SW and no dulled than the majority of the players? Get outta here lol.



    So misguided, ISO8A had 18+ LOL Finishes before 12.1 and guess how many of them did a path in LOL before dulled got added. A Grand total of 0. Thats it yes a big fat 0, i get LOL would be more expensive for day 1 guys, there was not much info , extended timer teams and so on and so on.

    ROL was made easier by releasing new champs, adding masteries (Parry and Dex for starters), by people getting R5 5* champs, by PB Teams (then taken away).

    However none of this applies to LOL, instead kabam did the following

    1/ Lowered the Attack damage to a point where you take more damage blocking the Boss in Map 6 than you do in LOL.
    2/ Removed Dulled completely
    3/ Removed Crit hits from blocking across the game. as a result you can block SP1 of WM, AV, Falcon for near 0 damage where as before you lost 10% of your health atleast.
    4/ Similar to above as a result of lowering the attack like they did, you can now block and block and block, where as before you needed very little blocking all had to be done via evade, counters and so on.
    5/ The bugs that still remain in LOL, their are various champs who are not working as they should be, taking way too much damage on critical hits, Enigmatic buffs not working as they should be. I wont name them in public but they are their.

    So in short, yes even without these 5* Changes, people that completed LOL Before 12.1 deserve compensation

    Anyone who did it after 12.1 your compensation is that you got to complete a version of LOL that is ATLEAST 50% easier than pre 12.0.

  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,416 ★★★★
    That £500 deal was just crazy
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    Everyone complaining that people who are unhappy with recent Featured pulls deserving what they got is missing the picture. Many of us used all our resources with the notion that once they are gone from the Featured you can never, ever get them again. In light of all this talk about "transparency", if Kabam knew this was coming up (they did NOT just spontaneously decide this today), a decent and ethical company would have given months of notice since that's how long it takes even higher tier players to save up 45-60k shards to feel they have a decent shot at the current champ. Even missing the current featured isn't that bad - near god tier champs are about to be released into the basics we'd all prefer over Nebula, Cable, King Groot, etc. They had the OPTION to inform us about these changes earlier and chose not to so they could milk more money through shady practices. Nothing has changed about this company despite the huge backlashes they've recently received. They are still driven by nothing but greed and fake transparency and just like throwing the word around since it sounds cool.

    BETTER champs are being added for cheaper. They knew this months ago but did not want to ruin sales so purposely milked as many featured sales and 4-star sales (which are becoming obsolete as eventually all 4 stars will be added to the 5-star pool).

    We are not sore losers about not getting the featured champ - we knew there's a good 80% chance or so that the pull would result in a fail and we take responsibility for accepting the risk.

    We ARE sore about using up months worth of shards when BETTER champs we really want are coming out 13 days later for much cheaper and we could have made a better informed decision if Kabam really were TRANSPARENT about their plans. Selling obsolete deals days before a huge announcement is made is shady. NOT being transparent when you claim you are is shady.

    If you can defend their stance that there is nothing wrong with these practices, you must be one of the 3 famous prolific posters who barely know how to play the game and defend Kabam regardless of their practices. Please do us a favor and just identify yourselves with your old identities so we can just start the ignores now and not waste time reading through your BS.
  • PlwaytwnPlwaytwn Posts: 1
    Just because you spend money. Doesn't Give you stock in the company. Just because you progress in the game and do well. Doesn't mean you can tell them how to run their company. I bet they are laughing so hard at what you just said. Hilarious bro. That gave me a good chuckle. Not to mention the fact that all the stuff you proposed would make the game even worse.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I find it surprising that so many who were the vocal leaders of the 12.0 boycott jumped on that 5* feature crystal offer. The game still has so many issues right now and support offers nothing but shallow apologies. I felt that was an obscene amount of money to ask and while I don't want to criticize anyone for spending but is the state of the game any better than it was post 12.0.
  • RvzRvz Posts: 41
    edited May 2017
    i agree with Sha59, and im one of the ppl that completed LOL after 12.1 xD

    Altho Sha, you know if they started giving compensation to people that completed LOL before 12.1, there would be another shitstorm of people complaining because they would claim they couldnt even do LOL since no starlord, or well they could, but that wouldnt be the smartest thing to do.

    ah well, we can discuss this till hell freezes over, but you know who gives absolutely 0 [removed by moderation]? good guy kabam :p
    Post edited by TenebrousTenebrific on
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 4,579 ★★★★★
    Anyone playing this game for a long time should expect sudden announcements like these. It just another day in MCOC.
  • ratatatttratatattt Posts: 1
    You are targeting the 1-5% of the player base with this post. Just because 90%+ of the answers doesn't support your call it doesn't mean that your request is invalid, it's just that more people posting here are not affected. It's only when people are affected (masteries and patch 12 affected 90-100% of the player base) they jump in the ship and boycott/support you.

    My two cents: Don't wait to get global support here. Get in contact with that 1-5% to organize a common action. At the end of the day, you are the bigger spenders, so the consequence for kabam is the same as if 90% of players where boycotting.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 222
    Bleh every since that boycott now all I see is "compensation this and compensation that" with them doing stupid copy & pastes on LINE! When does it stop, also your post is pretty selfish because it's more for the top players and not the mid-lower types
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,257 ★★★★
    This is not an issue that effects me as I would never have spent on the recent deals but it is a carbon copy of past sins. It would appear that they (kabam) just don't get it, or just don't care. I am not sure which is worse
  • EdenrrificEdenrrific Posts: 57
    ratatattt wrote: »
    You are targeting the 1-5% of the player base with this post. Just because 90%+ of the answers doesn't support your call it doesn't mean that your request is invalid, it's just that more people posting here are not affected. It's only when people are affected (masteries and patch 12 affected 90-100% of the player base) they jump in the ship and boycott/support you.

    My two cents: Don't wait to get global support here. Get in contact with that 1-5% to organize a common action. At the end of the day, you are the bigger spenders, so the consequence for kabam is the same as if 90% of players where boycotting.

    Sometimes I wonder if people like you are here to help solve a problem or to get the thread closed on purpose. Calling for a boycott on a forum belonging to Kabam is sure to get the thread shutdown. Doesn't matter. I'll help you along.
  • Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    Hitmarker wrote: »
    What about those who used their resources on the 5 stars avaliable not knowing how easily thwy could have a chance at obtaining one of the 5 stars that passed??? Honestly all i ask for is rank down tickets so i can actually use the resources i earnt on the champs i wanted but thought i wouldnt get a chance at again. Rank down tickets will be a suitable compensation for those who simply didnt thi k thwy had a shot at the 5 stars that passed and used their hard earned resources to settle for avaliable ones.

    That's a neverending cycle. There will always be Featured Champs, and they will become old eventually. They will inevitably be added to Crystals. They can't offer compensation to everyone who worked for a Champ that was new, just because they're added to the Crystals.

This discussion has been closed.