**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Potions NEED changing

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    That wouldn't make it equal. That would make it more powerful for lower Champs.

So a percentage isnt fair you say. But wait then suddenly it is again

That's not what I said at all. Attack is a different Stat than Health, as per my last comment. Attack is adjusted by various Abilities and mechanics, in accordance with the CR. Health is what it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

That's not what I said at all. Attack is a different Stat than Health, as per my last comment. Attack is adjusted by various Abilities and mechanics, in accordance with the CR. Health is what it is.

Percrnt attack is just as unfair as health actually more..

Some guys gain 1300 attack some like 200. That's a HUGE GAP
    10% Attack is adjusted based on Rarity, Rank, and its interaction with DR. That is a variable. Health is a finite number. You only get so much Health per Champ, per Rank. I know it's difficult to understand how one is different than the other, but work with me here.
  • Options

10% Attack is adjusted based on Rarity, Rank, and its interaction with DR. That is a variable. Health is a finite number. You only get so much Health per Champ, per Rank. I know it's difficult to understand how one is different than the other, but work with me here.

So 30 percent for the same cost should benefit the top more then the bottom..

K got it.

Okay, be contrary if you like. There's still a difference you're missing.
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Percentages are fair.
    The only reason they're not sold as percentages is because kabam makes more money that way, and cares nothing about fairness (as evidenced by quick fixes for player benefiting bugs and multi-month delays for fixing bugs detrimental to players).
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    And saying that these bugs are harder to fix is b.s. Every bug that benefits us is fixed within a day and every bug that lines their pockets takes months. Every. Time. So saying differently is naive or just flat out stupid.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Bottom line is that the game has grown and the contest has evolved. There are quite a few things that have been outgrown and not adjusted to keep up.

Inventory/stash limits and potion effectiveness being my main two.
  • Options

So 30 percent for the same cost should benefit the top more then the bottom..

K got it.

Okay, be contrary if you like. There's still a difference you're missing.

Your neglecting the simple fact that if flat health is fair then everything should be flat.

Sorry but last I checked 1300 is alot more then 300 in attack..
    If 6k heals for the same cost is fair cause its x per unit value for EVERYONE
    the same should apply EVerywhere for everyone.

It's not the same thing. I've outlined how it's different. You're trying to use my own response to imply a contradiction, when I explained how it differs.
  • Options
    There's also another aspect to it that I'm surprised no one brought up. The competitive aspect. You don't really want to make it that easy for people to Heal and Revive because that affects the competition and the challenge factor.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Yes Kabam you should totally burden 99% of the player base with decreased potion values because a fraction of the 1% in tier 3 aw and up died using void and wants to heal to full while max boosted. See that 1% keeps the game a float right? I mean it’s not like the 1% are the actual select select group, and this % potion thing isn’t myside biased at all, like for sure ya know!

Enjoy the rank 5 health pots when they come around.

It's hardly that extreme. There's 1500 alliances alone that are in Gold 1. That's 45k players who at some capacity face the issues I'm talking about. And yes, frankly, the people who are the core players, the ones who make Kabam all the money should have a larger say in the matter. And if you are a smaller player currently, you'll get to the point we're at eventually once you rank 4&5 your 5* champions.

The problem is, the alliance potion issue is inevitable and the more you progress into the game, the more costly the game becomes. So remember, all of you saying it's unfair to the lower tier players, that you'll reach this point eventually too and you'll realize just how much of a scam flat rate health potions are
    It is that extreme tier 3 AW and up represents 1% of players who participate in AW; and that is just players who participate in AW at any given time. Applying the Pareto principle here could completely negate the assertion these players are funding the game. PIOMA “myside facts” do not support your argument.

If you are regularly spending units on potions for aw/aq you’re likely playing above the level you’re capable of and making up for it with units/cash. I’m not begrudging that but the game is much bigger than those people so GL trying to sway a percentage based potion that makes the game more costly for the majority of players in order to make it cheaper for people who are already spending.

Tier 3 and up= 1% of the AW base.

xdvm6x7e50s3.jpeg

@LeNoirFaineant I would think the percentage revives are grandfathered/legacy while also
    Making it easier for players to play the solo content where they do not have the benefit of a Battlegroup’s/alliance’s roster giving them options to complete content. Beta had 100% revives which was cut around launch and then increased in a subsequent patch. Alliance pots n revives weren’t a thing until like July 2016.

I would guess that flat rate potions/revives help ensure that low level players pay less to earn low level rewards while high level players pay more to earn high level rewards.
  • Options
    I didn't go that far. You have a limited amount of Uses, with a limited amount of Health, that come at a cost. It gives more for Players on the lower end because their Health is lower and easier to fill. People on the higher end shouldn't need it as much because of progression. Someone taking an R2 or R3 4* into War isn't as capable as someone taking an R5 5*. The system is about as fair as it can be. The real argument here is it takes more to fill an R5 5*, but that's because they have more Health. That's by design.
    The only other alternative I can see would be having separate Pots for Rarities, and no doubt wouldn't be seen as adequate regardless because the Pots for 5*s would no doubt give less Health than the Pots for 4*s. Everything has a balance factor.
  • Options
    Some people may not realize this,, but a dead r5 in aw is about 10-15 bucks to revive and heal.
  • Options
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Some people may not realize this,, but a dead r5 in aw is about 10-15 bucks to revive and heal.

How many people that Revive go to full Health? Not many that I know.

Also, if people are dying that often with an R5......
  • Options
    Anyone and everyone in tier 3 and above will revive and fully heal, else likely be kicked from their alliance.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Anyone and everyone in tier 3 and above will revive and fully heal, else likely be kicked from their alliance.

That's a given, there are alliances in tier 1-3 that kick players for not boosting for every fight
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    If you ignore being able to earn potions/units from playing other areas of the game while also playing a roster that does not have built in back up to clean up after yourself and finish the path. If this is a regular occurrence and not sustainable for the player/alliance adjustments need to be made; but that’s an individual failing not the system failing.

Competing at the level where this sort of thing can regularly happen requires a higher level of planning, contingencies and dedication. If players want to *make up short comings* with cash they have that opportunity but it is not in any way a right.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Units go to donations s8nce you are running map 6 every day, unless you want to live in arena.. and who the hell does arena anymore. Glory goes quickly. Topping of health between fights, a mistake on day 5 of aq, etc.. so yeah.

When you own a path you complete it. You don't rely on backup, ever.
  • Options
    Units go to donations s8nce you are running map 6 every day, unless you want to live in arena.. and who the hell does arena anymore. Glory goes quickly. Topping of health between fights, a mistake on day 5 of aq, etc.. so yeah.
    Sounds like poor decision making and dedication combined with bad fights then making up for that with cash. Perfectly fine if you want create scenarios where you have to pay your way through high tier war.

Now if you’re running map 6x5 you should be making enough glory to easily purchase 14+ health potions a week. If your play style and war tier burns through that it’s not the potion’s fault.

• Options

How many people that Revive go to full Health? Not many that I know.

Also, if people are dying that often with an R5......

You realize guys with r5s are facing harder things correct so it scales.

Dieing with a 4 against a 4 is the same as dying with a maxed 5 against a 5.

Everyone I know full heals or faces finding a new allaince if they die a second time

Then that sounds like an expectations issue rather than an issue with the design. Those are the expectations of the Allies, and are self-imposed. If people make that a mandatory requirement, that's not the fault of the game that it costs that much to do it.
  • Options
    I want the skill based aspect personally remove all items from aq and aw. You die over.

Done no coming back no matter what. I'm just saying a 5 during is ni different than a 3 during as they are fighting harder content (or should be) some guys have retired from the top to lower allaince but they really arent using things

There are other ways to better reward skill, like awarding more points for clearing nodes without boosting
  • Options
    I want the skill based aspect personally remove all items from aq and aw. You die over.

Done no coming back no matter what. I'm just saying a 5 during is ni different than a 3 during as they are fighting harder content (or should be) some guys have retired from the top to lower allaince but they really arent using things

There are other ways to better reward skill, like awarding more points for clearing nodes without boosting

That's why we have Attack Bonus.
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

Continue to ignore what is posted...attack bonus is the same regardless of items used.

• Options

Reward points for less health lost no items. Remove diversity

Let me guess. Bring back Defender Kills? We've gone down that road.
    Removing Item Use only caters to a handful of people and screws over a VAST MAJORITY of people who aren't perfect.
  • Options

My comment was a response to @Drooped1's comment about removing all item use to establish which alliances have the most skills. No skills are needed when you run every AW fight with max boosts.