**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Potions NEED changing

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    That's why we have Attack Bonus.

My comment was a response to @Drooped1's comment about removing all item use to establish which alliances have the most skills. No skills are needed when you run every AW fight with max boosts.

I was pointing out that the same theory is applied to Attack Bonus. I wouldn't necessarily agree that no skill is needed. The Boosts don't win the Fights for you.
  • Options
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    I want the skill based aspect personally remove all items from aq and aw. You die over.

Done no coming back no matter what. I'm just saying a 5 during is ni different than a 3 during as they are fighting harder content (or should be) some guys have retired from the top to lower allaince but they really arent using things

There are other ways to better reward skill, like awarding more points for clearing nodes without boosting

Reward points for less health lost no items. Remove diversity

Let me guess. Bring back Defender Kills? We've gone down that road.
    Removing Item Use only caters to a handful of people and screws over a VAST MAJORITY of people who aren't perfect.

Skill is a fair mechanic. Who has the most items really isnt as fair of a mechanic at all..
    Not sure how skill screws people over

So whoever can navigate the Map perfectly has skill, and whoever can't doesn't. That's a pretty cut-and-dry way of looking at it. AW has never had an iteration that had no Item Use. In the past, you were spending to come closer to losing. That's not skill either. That's relying on Defender Kills.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    The point I'm making is it's not an absolution. It's not a "You either have it or you don't." situation. There are varying degrees of skill, and although some Allies make it a black-and-white/do-or-die scenario, those expectations are not reasonable for all Players. I wouldn't even argue that they are reasonable to begin with. People have different levels of capabilities, which is why we have a system that allows people to make mistakes and still be marked accordingly, but not be penalized for it in a way that discourages growth. It's also why we have a system that rewards Allies based on their individual capabilities. Skill is not a thing that you either have or don't. Everyone has varying levels of skill. I think there's a difference between personal expectations and actual experience. No one is perfect. People will make mistakes. It might be tenet for some to say, "You #### up, you're gone!", but in no shape or form is that something that should apply to the entire mode. That's just taking an already-stressful competitive mode and magnifying the pressure ×10.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I want the skill based aspect personally remove all items from aq and aw. You die over.

Done no coming back no matter what. I'm just saying a 5 during is ni different than a 3 during as they are fighting harder content (or should be) some guys have retired from the top to lower allaince but they really arent using things

There are other ways to better reward skill, like awarding more points for clearing nodes without boosting

Removing Item Use only caters to a handful of people and screws over a VAST MAJORITY of people who aren't perfect.

Skill is a fair mechanic. Who has the most items really isnt as fair of a mechanic at all..

So whoever can navigate the Map perfectly has skill, and whoever can't doesn't. That's a pretty cut-and-dry way of looking at it. AW has never had an iteration that had no Item Use. In the past, you were spending to come closer to losing. That's not skill either. That's relying on Defender Kills.

If you die your playing above your level. So items shouldnt need to exist. Right @CoatHang3r ?

If you die your playing above your level. So items shouldnt need to exist. Right @CoatHang3r ?
    If you regularly die, cannot sustain your pot usage, do not have the champions, do not plan ahead, etc leading towards requiring cash expenditure to maintain your postion and that is too much to bare then yeah you are playing above your level.

P.S.Dying can have many causes so dying alone dose not mean one is playing above their level.

P.P.S Not sure why you’ve taken a % health pots argument, tried to destroy boosts and are now arguing to eliminate items from AW in support of % health boosts. I just don’t get, perhaps it’s that whole burning world thing the Joker spoke of.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

If you regularly die, cannot sustain your pot usage, do not have the champions, do not plan ahead, etc leading towards requiring cash expenditure to maintain your postion and that is too much to bare then yeah you are playing above your level.

P.S.Dying can have many causes so dying alone dose not mean one is playing above their level.

P.P.S Not sure why you’ve taken a % health pots argument, tried to destroy boosts and are now arguing to eliminate items from AW in support of % health boosts. I just don’t get, perhaps it’s that whole burning world thing the Joker spoke of.

I'm trying to create a fair balance I was told percent health isnt fair.
    I accepted it and wondered why percent boosts were.

And determined fairness can only be achieved by making it based on skill and skill alone
    Well GL coding and creating a player base for this utopian game you’ve created from this debate about % health pots. I’ll be sticking to MCOC.

• Options
    The point I'm making is it's not an absolution. It's not a "You either have it or you don't." situation. There are varying degrees of skill, and although some Allies make it a black-and-white/do-or-die scenario, those expectations are not reasonable for all Players. I wouldn't even argue that they are reasonable to begin with. People have different levels of capabilities, which is why we have a system that allows people to make mistakes and still be marked accordingly, but not be penalized for it in a way that discourages growth. It's also why we have a system that rewards Allies based on their individual capabilities. Skill is not a thing that you either have or don't. Everyone has varying levels of skill. I think there's a difference between personal expectations and actual experience. No one is perfect. People will make mistakes. It might be tenet for some to say, "You #### up, you're gone!", but in no shape or form is that something that should apply to the entire mode. That's just taking an already-stressful competitive mode and magnifying the pressure ×10.

It only adds stress if your playing above your level..
    I mean if your dieing that much with an r5....

It adds stress to everyone. You can continue to try and use my points against me, but I am the one who wrote them. I will smell that a mile away.
    At least give reference. That was in response to the cost of Healing an R5. By the time you earn the Rewards to take one to R5, you would have reasonable skill. Which means Pots should likely be used at a minimum, in general. When you're talking about taking away Item Use altogether for everyone, that's a whole other subject. I was making the standalone point that it will cost more, because the Champs and the content are higher. I didn't say someone was playing above their level, and I certainly didn't suggest they should be stopped from using them. If you want to play big, you have to be big. It stands to reason, if the cost of Pots is a huge issue with the highest Rank of 5*, maybe the cost isn't the issue. Which is fine. That's perfectly acceptable. Unless you're a part of said militant Allies. That much the game can't solve.
  • Options
    ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Just bring in percentage pots in addition to the current ones. 25% for the top pot seems fine, that way to fully heal after you die it still takes 1/3rd of your allowance of pots. A fair price would seem to be at least double what we're currently paying for the 6K heals as it would hold it's value long term while being available now to those who already use half their allowance for their hefty r5s and 6* r2s. The pots would actually increase in value to us over time once we start using them on 6* r3s.
  • Options
    I'm done here . You've proven the point that fairness isnt desired or wanted in the game and neither is anything based on skill

That's because we disagree on what is fair and what constitutes skill. Which is fine. We can disagree.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I'm trying to create a fair balance I was told percent health isnt fair.
    I accepted it and wondered why percent boosts were.

And determined fairness can only be achieved by making it based on skill and skill alone
    Well GL coding and creating a player base for this utopian game you’ve created from this debate about % health pots. I’ll be sticking to MCOC.

Why cant we bring fairness here?
    By and large I find it to be fair just as any other market in society is.

I’m not the one arguing lower level players should pay more to subsidies people who die with max boosted Void’s on a regular basis and want to heal him to full without consequence. That would lessen the “fair quotient”.

I think your propsosals on needing to adjust boosts becuase reasons is short sighted and that is further highlighted by the argument we should just remove items from AW because health pots are flat values.

*Sidenote, I think it would be cool to have an AW league where items were not allowed. But by no means should that be the defualt mode and well this game is a business so it wouldn’t leave much room for profit if Kabam created a system like that.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Some people may not realize this,, but a dead r5 in aw is about 10-15 bucks to revive and heal.

How many people that Revive go to full Health? Not many that I know.

Also, if people are dying that often with an R5......

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Options
    Some people may not realize this,, but a dead r5 in aw is about 10-15 bucks to revive and heal.

A little late to the convo. Read ahead next time. You'll see we got past that part.
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

A little late to the convo. Read ahead next time. You'll see we got past that part.

Doesn’t negate the fact you don’t know what you’re talking about.

• Options
    Omni wrote: »

Right. So jumping in to throw shade about a comment related to my own experience is much more productive than actually reading where the conversation goes.
    Stating the obvious really. I wasn't aware because I'm not in those Allies. I don't agree with making it mandatory to Heal to full, and I certainly don't agree with booting people if they die. That's way too fanatical for me. I get my pressure from life, family, work, etc. The last thing I want is to get it from my escape.
    It's not about being right or wrong. The people in my experience don't usually Heal to full. Thanks for the reminder, though.
  • Options
    Units go to donations s8nce you are running map 6 every day, unless you want to live in arena.. and who the hell does arena anymore. Glory goes quickly. Topping of health between fights, a mistake on day 5 of aq, etc.. so yeah.
    Sounds like poor decision making and dedication combined with bad fights then making up for that with cash. Perfectly fine if you want create scenarios where you have to pay your way through high tier war.

Now if you’re running map 6x5 you should be making enough glory to easily purchase 14+ health potions a week. If your play style and war tier burns through that it’s not the potion’s fault.

This is so wrong on so many levels. "Poor decision making and dedication." So do you expect players to live in arena all day or spend money to keep up with the donations of running 6x5? And yeah, even if glory can cover 15 potions. Playing PERFECTLY, FULLY BOOSTED will still set you back at minimum 3-4 potions a war. Now say you make a slight mistake and lose an extra 30% of your health. There goes another 3-4 potions.

I'm not sure what's so difficult for so many of you to grasp. Nobody is saying that it should be % based because it helps cover our mistakes, the problem is you can clear an entire season without having a single death and still be 1 mistake away from possibly being forced to spend money to make up for it. Hence why everybody is so stressed out and over Alliance Wars in general. They know they can't afford anything but absolute perfection or they're screwed
  • Options

Right. So jumping in to throw shade about a comment related to my own experience is much more productive than actually reading where the conversation goes.
    Stating the obvious really. I wasn't aware because I'm not in those Allies. I don't agree with making it mandatory to Heal to full, and I certainly don't agree with booting people if they die. That's way too fanatical for me. I get my pressure from life, family, work, etc. The last thing I want is to get it from my escape.
    It's not about being right or wrong. The people in my experience don't usually Heal to full. Thanks for the reminder, though.

Just don’t talk as if your experience is the only experience. You do it a lot. The situation with T1 is pretty unforgiving in the form of replenishing damage done.

You can argue if you didn’t mess up you wouldn’t need to use the overpriced pots, but we all know things happen.

I think there is a stigma with some people here that think all people in T1 fall in the same bucket, have lots of money to spend on this game to stay competitive, but that’s often not the case. As posters have brought up, it costs about 15 usd to full heal some rank 5 champs. Thanks kind of staggering when you think about it. As the game continues to progress it’s only going to get worse.

Now people have tried to state constructive recommendations so that the community does not need to continue down a path that is not sustainable for most, yet people like yourself continue to argue against suggestions that bennefit everyone.

Whether kabam decides to implement said suggestions is irrelevant and I know you’ll continue to argue because you like to and I guess it gives you some form of purpose but denying suggestions that are beneficial to all is nonesense.

Stop thinking just about yourself and instead focus on the community you support.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Units go to donations s8nce you are running map 6 every day, unless you want to live in arena.. and who the hell does arena anymore. Glory goes quickly. Topping of health between fights, a mistake on day 5 of aq, etc.. so yeah.
    Sounds like poor decision making and dedication combined with bad fights then making up for that with cash. Perfectly fine if you want create scenarios where you have to pay your way through high tier war.

Now if you’re running map 6x5 you should be making enough glory to easily purchase 14+ health potions a week. If your play style and war tier burns through that it’s not the potion’s fault.

This is so wrong on so many levels. "Poor decision making and dedication." So do you expect players to live in arena all day or spend money to keep up with the donations of running 6x5? And yeah, even if glory can cover 15 potions. Playing PERFECTLY, FULLY BOOSTED will still set you back at minimum 3-4 potions a war. Now say you make a slight mistake and lose an extra 30% of your health. There goes another 3-4 potions.

I'm not sure what's so difficult for so many of you to grasp. Nobody is saying that it should be % based because it helps cover our mistakes, the problem is you can clear an entire season without having a single death and still be 1 mistake away from possibly being forced to spend money to make up for it. Hence why everybody is so stressed out and over Alliance Wars in general. They know they can't afford anything but absolute perfection or they're screwed
    You can make your dono’s with minimal arena. If you want to put in extra that will bolster what you can put towards war. If someone wants to play at a level and under a system that requires massive pot expenditure yeah they’re going to need to pony up simply because that is what people at the top are capable of doing and willing to do. That is how players have decided they will compete, at all costs. A descision which requires a certain level of dedication.

I’ve seen allies require full health and boosts even in the event of envitable loss, that is poor decision making. I’ve seen players take that action themselves sans requirement. Those are poor decisions.

Unnecessarily healing to full, that is a poor decision when you are trying to minimize pot usage. Those boost’s you’re running allow for more chip damage before you’re in the danger zone.

If you want to play at a level and with the mandate of heal to full for every fight that’s not the potion’s nor the supply’s problem nor a design flaw, that’s a decision made to minimize deaths and the price you pay for playing under such a system. That is what allows many players to play for p1 and up, and a decision they make to play under those guidelines. If your ally doesn’t account for or subsidize you by diect support or rotating people on back up and switching lanes allowing players to recoup, that is also not the games fault for players incuring those costs. It is then on the player to support that level of play through the decisions they make combined with the dedication they have to playing at that level.

Not seing how playing perfectly is going to cost you pots as perfect means you minimized the damage received while taking your lane. Sounds like people are preventative healing and failing to account for that, well there is a cost to that and that is by design.

Perhaps you shouldn’t be healing to full while being able to play at a level where you also play perfectly; this would help your expenditures while also leaving you with a larger item cap and reserve for when you do make that mistake and die which requires you to revive and heal. Another decision made that impacts the bottom line.

You can also make better decisions by bringing multiple champions to attack that allow for multiple fights without preventative healing.

You choose to play under those conditions, it is optional. If that is not for you or too costly that isn’t on Kabam or potions, that is self imposed by choice; a decision.

Furthermore anyone who competes at the top end must make some form of sacrifice to maintain that level of competition. If that’s playing in arena to make the units for pots or spending cash for units that’s a matter of dedication.
  • Options

Just don’t talk as if your experience is the only experience. You do it a lot. The situation with T1 is pretty unforgiving in the form of replenishing damage done.

You can argue if you didn’t mess up you wouldn’t need to use the overpriced pots, but we all know things happen.

I think there is a stigma with some people here that think all people in T1 fall in the same bucket, have lots of money to spend on this game to stay competitive, but that’s often not the case. As posters have brought up, it costs about 15 usd to full heal some rank 5 champs. Thanks kind of staggering when you think about it. As the game continues to progress it’s only going to get worse.

Now people have tried to state constructive recommendations so that the community does not need to continue down a path that is not sustainable for most, yet people like yourself continue to argue against suggestions that bennefit everyone.

Whether kabam decides to implement said suggestions is irrelevant and I know you’ll continue to argue because you like to and I guess it gives you some form of purpose but denying suggestions that are beneficial to all is nonesense.

Stop thinking just about yourself and instead focus on the community you support.

I'm not just thinking about myself. You think it makes a difference to me if they change the Pots? No.
    What we have is a classic example of what happens too often on here. People want something, and they don't see how it affects others. When presenting an idea as something beneficial to everyone, expect it to be challenged if it in fact, is not beneficial to everyone.
    On the contrary, I've argued that things DO happen. I also pointed out that the expectations people place are self-imposed. "Must Heal to full, die again and you're kicked.". Otherwise, you have a system where if you mess up, you score accordingly, and place where you fall.
    The Pots being limited in what they give may be the result of the system, but there are reasons for that. Reasons I have tried to outline. Reasons which fell on deaf ears, because once again, if people want something, they fail to see how it may be unfair for others, or not beneficial for everyone.
    You can defocus on me being wrong about one demographic if you like, but I spoke from my own observations, and was corrected. All you're doing is pointing out that I was wrong about something, and that's about as constructive as a headless hammer. Pots give a certain amount of Health. The fact that Allies are expected to perform perfectly and accommodate that or be kicked, is not the fault of the system. If I disagree with that mentality, that doesn't mean I don't get "dat T1 life". It's self-imposed.
  • Options

I'm not just thinking about myself. You think it makes a difference to me if they change the Pots? No.
    What we have is a classic example of what happens too often on here. People want something, and they don't see how it affects others. When presenting an idea as something beneficial to everyone, expect it to be challenged if it in fact, is not beneficial to everyone.
    On the contrary, I've argued that things DO happen. I also pointed out that the expectations people place are self-imposed. "Must Heal to full, die again and you're kicked.". Otherwise, you have a system where if you mess up, you score accordingly, and place where you fall.
    The Pots being limited in what they give may be the result of the system, but there are reasons for that. Reasons I have tried to outline. Reasons which fell on deaf ears, because once again, if people want something, they fail to see how it may be unfair for others, or not beneficial for everyone.
    You can defocus on me being wrong about one demographic if you like, but I spoke from my own observations, and was corrected. All you're doing is pointing out that I was wrong about something, and that's about as constructive as a headless hammer. Pots give a certain amount of Health. The fact that Allies are expected to perform perfectly and accommodate that or be kicked, is not the fault of the system. If I disagree with that mentality, that doesn't mean I don't get "dat T1 life". It's self-imposed.

It isn’t self imposed, kabam created the system by releasing rewards the way that it does.

They know full well the environment in T1 is toxic but they let it continue because it keeps the lights on.

Kabam has created an environment just as toxic as the one they were worried would dissuade players from wanting to fight certain fights before defender kills was taken away. It’s just become acceptable because it only happens to the 1 percent. But again read my last post the 1 percent gets a bad rep here for the actions of some and not the majority.
  • Options

It isn’t self imposed, kabam created the system by releasing rewards the way that it does.

They know full well the environment in T1 is toxic but they let it continue because it keeps the lights on.

Kabam has created an environment just as toxic as the one they were worried would dissuade players from wanting to fight certain fights before defender kills was taken away. It’s just become acceptable because it only happens to the 1 percent. But again read my last post the 1 percent gets a bad rep here for the actions of some and not the majority.

Releasing Rewards? Not even plausible.
    "The system makes us kick people if they fail because the Rewards come from winning."
    Stop and think about that one.
  • Options

"The system makes us kick people if they fail because the Rewards come from winning."

Releasing the rewards meaning contoling the flow of resources necessary to progress an account.

Kabam isn’t directly responsible for leaders and officers kicking people in T1, but they allow for it to happen and when there is only a week between seasons it allows for alliances less than optimal time to assess new talent.

Kabam controls the carrot and the stick. They could always shorten the string but they choose to do so every 6-9 months once the next bottle neck occurs at the top.

• Options
    Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Offer potions that heal set points of health and offer slightly more expensive potions that heal %age. That way you satisfy both and people can choose what they prefer
  • Options

Releasing the rewards meaning contoling the flow of resources necessary to progress an account.

Kabam isn’t directly responsible for leaders and officers kicking people in T1, but they allow for it to happen and when there is only a week between seasons it allows for alliances less than optimal time to assess new talent.

Kabam controls the carrot and the stick. They could always shorten the string but they choose to do so every 6-9 months once the next bottle neck occurs at the top.

No. People are responsible for their own choices when it comes to going after Rewards. That excuse has been made countless times, not only for this, but when it comes to things like Piloting, using Mercs, and any other extreme means of trying to get ahead. Although nowhere near the same thing, and perfectly legal, the simple fact that people make their own choices stands. The game is not responsible for people choosing to put Rewards ahead of loyalty. That is a choice.
    The game is not making Allies boot people if they die. It isn't the pacing of Resources, or the Seasons drive, or any design thereof. It's people. People running Allies that care more about winning than its Players. That doesn't flow with me because there is no taking of responsibility in that. No one is forcing those standards but the people making those decisions.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

No. People are responsible for their own choices when it comes to going after Rewards. That excuse has been made countless times, not only for this, but when it comes to things like Piloting, using Mercs, and any other extreme means of trying to get ahead. Although nowhere near the same thing, and perfectly legal, the simple fact that people make their own choices stands. The game is not responsible for people choosing to put Rewards ahead of loyalty. That is a choice.
    The game is not making Allies boot people if they die. It isn't the pacing of Resources, or the Seasons drive, or any design thereof. It's people. People running Allies that care more about winning than its Players. That doesn't flow with me because there is no taking of responsibility in that. No one is forcing those standards but the people making those decisions.

Clueless as usual. Season has transformed the battle realm into the Serengeti. The old an weak will either get pick off by predators, or left behind for the good of the herd. An this is all on kabam
  • Options
    There's only so much you can blame the system before you acknowledge the greed of people.