**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So are master and uncollected rewards going to increase?

124»

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    What about the fact that uncollected when originally released was meant to have 1 path that had nodes from act 5, now all paths except 1 have nodes. That's an increase in difficultly no matter which way you look at it.

Did they say there would only be one noded path? I don't recall. Either way, it isn't generally the paths that give people trouble.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    What about the fact that uncollected when originally released was meant to have 1 path that had nodes from act 5, now all paths except 1 have nodes. That's an increase in difficultly no matter which way you look at it.

Did they say there would only be one noded path? I don't recall. Either way, it isn't generally the paths that give people trouble.

Yes they did

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/35965/announcing-event-quest-hotel-m-o-d-o-k/p1

Doesn't matter if it's paths that give trouble or not, it's still increased difficulty along with difficulty increase in champs that you have to fight in paths, korg, IMIW, Emma frost, dark hawk etc

The rewards were deemed appropriate for the difficulty upon initial release, difficulty has now increased but rewards stayed the same.

If Kabam swapped out ROL champs for the new wave of OP defenders and added enigmatic nodes people would expect better rewards, this is no different.
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    They did say when it released there would only be one lane with buffs. Then when infinity thanos eq dropped it switch to one lane that didnt have buffs and no comment from devs on it. Link is posted above.

I personally am always for increasing rewards 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    How long can they keep the same rewards even tho game is progressing... they need to add a new difficulty or up rewards.. should be only 2 deceisions
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    For me its the cost of the energy that is insane. Uncollected difficulty rarely has more than a few tough fights and there are now plenty of counters out there. Unavoidable damage like icephoneix was very unfair but new levels can be done with 3 and 4* on master easily and in fact i have seen some 2* boss kills in uncollected.

This was one of the easiest months if you chose your squad right and had a decent amount of 4* . I can why newer players with smaller rosters at low sig levels could struggle a lot on this though.

I personally would make the champs in uncollected have at least an extra 50-100% health on the paths. With a 5/65 or even god tier r4 5*s you can kill most too quickly. The only tricky fight then is the boss.

I would suggest adding some of the nodes into master and bumping up the rewards of uncollected and master difficulty.
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    [/quote] So far I've had the most success with Void. Void can deal a lot of damage without swinging at him which is very valuable in this fight. The more you dance around evading him and not letting him inviso-evade you the more degen you keep stacking on him. Even if you don't kill him in one shot, Void can whittle him down better than most things I've used.[/quote]

I agree. Void is mvp. To see him at his best a good mastery setup can really help with this to reduce healing or to add an extra debuff on your opponent by applying weakness. 5/65 void will do about 1.5k damage from a weakness debuff when fear of the void isnt even active. applying even 3 or 4 weaknesses can then seriously stack up. Especially if linked with despair for healing control.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,679 Guardian
    IBPMPNU wrote: »
    This is the second month in a row that Kabam have put Uncollected nodes on Master difficulty. It’s ****. I had ZERO problem 100% exploring every single month. Now, I have to have specific champs to even hope to clear master difficulty chapter 3 bosses even ONCE! I have been playing this game every damn day for the last three years; but if next month’s event quest master difficulty is this **** difficult again, I will have ZERO issues quitting this goddamn game.

People are always quitting. And it is always next month that they will be quitting.

Yes they did

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/35965/announcing-event-quest-hotel-m-o-d-o-k/p1

They said that month's map had a noded path, but they didn't specifically say that all future uncollected maps would only have one noded path. In fact later in the thread they also made this statement about difficulty:
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Hey folks, some of you were asking for the PI Ranges in Uncollected, so here's a general breakdown:

General Paths (Quests 1-6): ~5500 - ~20000
    Hard (Buffed) Paths (Quests 1-6): ~8500 - ~22000
    Bosses (Quests 1-6): ~14000 - ~36000

VERY IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily going to be the same for future versions of Uncollected difficulty, so bear in mind these values may very well change from month-to-month.

In general, game developers do not promise something will never change, and whenever a player thinks they did, the player is pretty much always wrong.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    This is the second month in a row that Kabam have put Uncollected nodes on Master difficulty. It’s ****. I had ZERO problem 100% exploring every single month. Now, I have to have specific champs to even hope to clear master difficulty chapter 3 bosses even ONCE! I have been playing this game every damn day for the last three years; but if next month’s event quest master difficulty is this **** difficult again, I will have ZERO issues quitting this goddamn game.

People are always quitting. And it is always next month that they will be quitting.

Yes they did

They said that month's map had a noded path, but they didn't specifically say that all future uncollected maps would only have one noded path. In fact later in the thread they also made this statement about difficulty:
    Hey folks, some of you were asking for the PI Ranges in Uncollected, so here's a general breakdown:

VERY IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily going to be the same for future versions of Uncollected difficulty, so bear in mind these values may very well change from month-to-month.

In general, game developers do not promise something will never change, and whenever a player thinks they did, the player is pretty much always wrong.

This was introducing a new difficulty and explaining how it works, therefore it's reasonable to assume that it will work this way until said differently.

The quote about the PI has nothing to do with adding more noded paths.

I know you'll come up with some long winded response claiming Kabam is right and I'm wrong but your also a player so you have as much to be wrong as I do.

The fact still remains uncollected is more difficult than when released and rewards are still the same.
  • Options
    Drooped2 wrote: »

Yes they did

This was introducing a new difficulty and explaining how it works, therefore it's reasonable to assume that it will work this way until said differently.

I know you'll come up with some long winded response claiming Kabam is right and I'm wrong but your also a player so you have as much to be wrong as I do.

The fact still remains uncollected is more difficult than when released and rewards are still the same.

Well when an easy month comes I'll be expecting your kabam this is too easy please reduce the rewards thread.
    Cause balancing rewards Tom content indicates a downward can exist the same as an upward

Your changing the context of what I said to suit your opinion.

When Kabam release an uncollected event that has less noded paths than originally specified, ie none, then yes I would expect a rewards decrease.
  • Options

Yes they did

Don't need much wind in this case. Your assumption isn't reasonable, because it is always wrong. Not just in this game, but all progressional games like this. Reasonable assumptions need to have some non-zero chance of being right. This one doesn't.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Yes they did

Don't need much wind in this case. Your assumption isn't reasonable, because it is always wrong. Not just in this game, but all progressional games like this. Reasonable assumptions need to have some non-zero chance of being right. This one doesn't.

Ok, I'll accept that I was wrong and it's wasn't reasonable to assume the paths would stay the same if you accept that adding more makes in more difficult.
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    All I want is more t4b and t1a in master and UC rewards. I have the equivalent of about 20 t4cc’s I can’t open because I’m maxed out in several classes. I know many others have much much more than that.
    I get that they’re much more readily available than before, and I appreciate it and do all the catalyst arenas, but t4cc is also much more abundant.
  • Options

Yes they did

Ok, I'll accept that I was wrong and it's wasn't reasonable to assume the paths would stay the same if you accept that adding more makes in more difficult.

Adding more paths does make the content more difficult: I never said otherwise. However, whether it makes the content more difficult in a meaningful way is a separate question. I've done every uncollected since uncollected was introduced. For me, the paths were a small element of difficulty. They never were a serious determinant of how difficult it was to complete the map overall. The paths were basically paths of attrition: they determined how strong I was when I reached the boss. It was the boss, or sometimes an especially nasty miniboss, that were the real determining factors on how difficult a map was.

Put another way, I would personally rather have every node on every path on every uncollected map have a global node buff and have average uncollected bosses than have every node on every path be free of global buffs and get things like unblockable guillotine even once on a single map. I would trade away one single hard uncollected boss for global buffs everywhere. In that respect, the global buffs increase difficulty on paper but they aren't noticeable in terms of overall difficulty.
  • Options

Yes they did

Adding more paths does make the content more difficult: I never said otherwise. However, whether it makes the content more difficult in a meaningful way is a separate question. I've done every uncollected since uncollected was introduced. For me, the paths were a small element of difficulty. They never were a serious determinant of how difficult it was to complete the map overall. The paths were basically paths of attrition: they determined how strong I was when I reached the boss. It was the boss, or sometimes an especially nasty miniboss, that were the real determining factors on how difficult a map was.

Put another way, I would personally rather have every node on every path on every uncollected map have a global node buff and have average uncollected bosses than have every node on every path be free of global buffs and get things like unblockable guillotine even once on a single map. I would trade away one single hard uncollected boss for global buffs everywhere. In that respect, the global buffs increase difficulty on paper but they aren't noticeable in terms of overall difficulty.

So harder content should equal better rewards, which is exactly what this thread is about, hence the title.

Nit picking something I said in a post and derailing the thread was pointless.
  • Options
    ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    This was one of the easiest months I recall personally.

I completed UC 100%

BUT...

Saying that it was the easiest month is a bit crazy. When someone has to say “you need this champ or that champ to clear it” isn’t an easy month. Having a month where more than a specific group of champs can clear it is an easy month.
  • Options

Yes they did

So harder content should equal better rewards, which is exactly what this thread is about, hence the title.

Nit picking something I said in a post and derailing the thread was pointless.

Which is why I have to use more words than minimally necessary. I said that more global buffs would make the content harder in general. But I also said that that didn't mean that all the maps with more global buffs were harder than the maps without, because I explicitly stated that the critical determinants of difficulty were the boss difficulty.

Moreover, I don't buy into the "harder content should equal better rewards" if you're only going to focus on the fact that it might be harder on paper, but completely fail to acknowledge any levels of degree or nuance. If you aren't going to look at the bigger picture of the game as a whole, then this rule is worthless and no one follows it.

Calling my previous post a nitpick simply means you didn't understand it, because if you did understand it then you'd be acknowledging that the original assumption that uncollected difficulty was never going to change was false, and if that assumption is false the further assumption that if it ever changed that meant the rewards must also change is also incorrect. Since the devs themselves said they were not guaranteeing difficulty would be identical every month, it would be unreasonable to assume that they would be altering the rewards every month. Knowing the rewards were almost certainly going to be fixed every month for at least the foreseeable future and also that the specific difficulty would likely not be precisely the same every month means believing the rule that "harder content should equal better rewards" is false. If you think that rule is true, then you have to believe the rewards should be changed every month based on how difficult the content is. And also that you're appointing an official judge of content difficulty to make that determination.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Yup, and love how one event quest it was like this and the the next every lane had nodes except 1 path. Without notice smh
  • Options
    Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    They need to increase to go along with the game or they need to add a new difficulty ... can’t just run at same pace forever