**RESOLVED ISSUE WITH SIDE QUEST KEYS**
The game team has resolved this issue. Keys will be distributed via in-game messages and the quest timer will be extended.
More information and timeline here.
*This includes currently unclaimable keys as well*
**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

So are master and uncollected rewards going to increase?

13

Comments

  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 611 ★★★
    i can't say it keeps getting more difficult every month however because of the unique abilities I always have to go to youtube now to have a chance at completing the last act. I used to be able to complete the last act blindly. I think thats where a lot of frustration comes in...if you don't do your research you won't get far.

    Honestly i wish i was better at baiting.....The problems i have had in master difficulity against DH's initial SP2 means I likely don't stand a chance at uncollected so i won't bother this month.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    Starhawk wrote: »
    i can't say it keeps getting more difficult every month however because of the unique abilities I always have to go to youtube now to have a chance at completing the last act. I used to be able to complete the last act blindly. I think thats where a lot of frustration comes in...if you don't do your research you won't get far.

    Honestly i wish i was better at baiting.....The problems i have had in master difficulity against DH's initial SP2 means I likely don't stand a chance at uncollected so i won't bother this month.

    For what it's worth, some people found master DH harder to bait. You might as well give it a try.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom do you see a pattern from April on this forum. Everytime people wanna tell how difficulty is increasing there are some idiots who always shut them down.
    April - most people said gully is hard idiots say its easy(git gud).
    May - people found thanos hard idiots say its nothing compared to previous month's gully.
    August - hydra adaptoid was extreme hard idiots said you should have seen thanos.
    September - emma was broken and super hard idiots say nothing compared to hydra adaptoid.
    November - aegon was broken and too much for most people idiots come and say Emma was hard
    Now darkhawk is hard (90%) bcoz of lag and people say look at previous months.
    So don't expect them to support the people on forums who can't afford high end gaming phones or are unlucky that lag still persists even after the hotfix
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    For the op in this post yes rewards should be changed if kabam is bringing new ways to screw us each month
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom do you see a pattern from April on this forum. Everytime people wanna tell how difficulty is increasing there are some idiots who always shut them down.
    April - most people said gully is hard idiots say its easy(git gud).
    May - people found thanos hard idiots say its nothing compared to previous month's gully.
    August - hydra adaptoid was extreme hard idiots said you should have seen thanos.
    September - emma was broken and super hard idiots say nothing compared to hydra adaptoid.
    November - aegon was broken and too much for most people idiots come and say Emma was hard
    Now darkhawk is hard (90%) bcoz of lag and people say look at previous months.
    So don't expect them to support the people on forums who can't afford high end gaming phones or are unlucky that lag still persists even after the hotfix

    Guilly was hard but very beatable if you could intercept. A lot of people find her the hardest boss to date.
    Thanos was the culmination of a story and hard but 100% doable with skill. Probably the hardest boss we've had and the most fun and interesting.
    Hydra was beatable with a 2* Ronan. Honestly the easiest boss we've ever had once people realized this fact.
    Emma wasn't broken and while she was took some getting used to, not hard once you learned how to fight her. Danger rooms helped a lot if you did them.
    Aegon wasn't broken and quite easy with even a 4* AA.
    Darkhawk is the easiest boss since Hydra and beatable with any champ. Yes the lag sucked, but that's not part of the difficulty of the fight.

    Sorry but I fail to see an increasing difficulty pattern here and your narrative of how the idiots regard these fights is just wrong.

    You just lost your argument when you said Emma and aegon weren't broken. They even received fix after their eq's ended So pls stop commenting just for the sake of it.you clearly know nothing so stay out of it

  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom do you see a pattern from April on this forum. Everytime people wanna tell how difficulty is increasing there are some idiots who always shut them down.
    April - most people said gully is hard idiots say its easy(git gud).
    May - people found thanos hard idiots say its nothing compared to previous month's gully.
    August - hydra adaptoid was extreme hard idiots said you should have seen thanos.
    September - emma was broken and super hard idiots say nothing compared to hydra adaptoid.
    November - aegon was broken and too much for most people idiots come and say Emma was hard
    Now darkhawk is hard (90%) bcoz of lag and people say look at previous months.
    So don't expect them to support the people on forums who can't afford high end gaming phones or are unlucky that lag still persists even after the hotfix

    Guilly was hard but very beatable if you could intercept. A lot of people find her the hardest boss to date.
    Thanos was the culmination of a story and hard but 100% doable with skill. Probably the hardest boss we've had and the most fun and interesting.
    Hydra was beatable with a 2* Ronan. Honestly the easiest boss we've ever had once people realized this fact.
    Emma wasn't broken and while she was took some getting used to, not hard once you learned how to fight her. Danger rooms helped a lot if you did them.
    Aegon wasn't broken and quite easy with even a 4* AA.
    Darkhawk is the easiest boss since Hydra and beatable with any champ. Yes the lag sucked, but that's not part of the difficulty of the fight.

    Sorry but I fail to see an increasing difficulty pattern here and your narrative of how the idiots regard these fights is just wrong.

    You just lost your argument when you said Emma and aegon weren't broken. They even received fix after their eq's ended So pls stop commenting just for the sake of it.you clearly know nothing so stay out of it

    You are right. I've done every EQ uncollected and master and know nothing about it. Just commenting for the sake of it. You caught me! Need to stop doing that. Obviously it's gotten harder and harder each time, and the idiots like me keep pointing to the previous boss to (mistakenly) prove otherwise. Emma wasn't beatable with practice even though I and many others figured out how to beat her and Aegon wasn't easily beatable with a 4* AA even though he was. I'll just shut up now having been exposed.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,116 ★★★★★
    There's a difference between saying the difficulty has increased, and saying it's unbeatable. Just because people get past it doesn't mean people don't notice the increase.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    There's a difference between saying the difficulty has increased, and saying it's unbeatable. Just because people get past it doesn't mean people don't notice the increase.

    Absolutely. Because I argued that it was just possible to get past it. Also I only post for the sake of it and don't know what I am talking about. Clearly the current boss is the hardest yet despite requiring no specific counter. But you should have seen that Hydra that any Ronan could beat.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    I've explored Master EQ ever since the EQ with Modok as final boss, and I've been Uncollected since the EQ where Gully was the final boss, and she had those nodes.
    This month's event was one of the easiest i've had to complete, ever since I've been managing to complete them.
    Only because you can't parry DH while in null mode doesn't mean the event is unbeatable or that the difficulty has been increasing.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    This seems to be very much debated.

    I'm not sure I could judge if the difficulty has increased. But I got back into the game a few months ago, and now the challenges seem harder for me at times, yet easier at times also!

    What I have noticed is that having a diverse roster is more important now than back in 2016 when I played more. So, not having many different ranked up champs to choose from can be more of a problem now. I can have champs that work great for me in one quest, and in the next quest it can feel hopeless, like I lack the right counters to that quests challenge.

    In a way I find it nice that a few champs aren't the universal solution to all challenges, that you have to rank up a variety of champs with different strengths. But... collecting the resources to rank up more than a few champs is taking a toll on me.. lol
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Copenhagen wrote: »
    What I find perplexing, is people are actually arguing against raising the rewards. If rewards are raised for what ever reason we all benefit. How can you be so against something that would benefit you?

    You sir took the words right from my mouth. This is exactly what i don't understand that if rewards are increased then what's the problem with these so called legendary players.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    There's a difference between saying the difficulty has increased, and saying it's unbeatable. Just because people get past it doesn't mean people don't notice the increase.

    This is exactly what this post is about isn't it. If kabam is changing meta for the game by including new nodes which require strategies then they shouldn't keep rewards that date back to 2016
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Copenhagen wrote: »
    What I find perplexing, is people are actually arguing against raising the rewards. If rewards are raised for what ever reason we all benefit. How can you be so against something that would benefit you?

    People are not arguing aginst increased rewards. They are saying that the difficulty haven’t increased in any substantial way to justify people complaining that the rewards are not worth the effort
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    Lol, how would you know?
  • CaptainAmazeOCaptainAmazeO Posts: 16
    edited December 2018
    The only problem I’m having with this damn EQ is act 3.2 on the damn thorns node. How the hell are you supposed to get past it with out the right champs? Just a waste of units and a cash grab for kabam.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    It more fluctuates in difficulty, some months will be harder than others, MODOK was hell on earth when it came out, and Sentry/Void was considered much easier, throughout the history of these EQ there are hard and easy bosses, KM quest was a breeze, so was Bishop and Sabre. April was the beginning of the difficulty fluctuations. But April and May were similar in difficulty. June was easier. July was even easier, first Uncollected I 100%, the others I’m going off of my first opinion of them.

    August was Adaptoid which. Ugh, but he was probably equal difficulty to Guilly without a Ronan. And Emma, yeah, annoying, I hated that fight, but again nothing “absolutely broken” just annoying, as well as Omega Red. October was super easy, even without Toothless, and November was easy, this month was easy. It’s a roller coaster, but not a complete incline.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    Lol, how would you know?

    Because GW is Uncollected now, and has had the opportunity to try Uncollected difficulty in the monthly EQ. Which makes him/her/it a qualified expert now, I guess.
  • Copenhagen wrote: »
    What I find perplexing, is people are actually arguing against raising the rewards. If rewards are raised for what ever reason we all benefit. How can you be so against something that would benefit you?

    I don't usually argue against raising rewards per se, but this is a rather naive view of how progressional games work. We *only* had the original 5* featured crystal so long as 5* shards were rare. The moment they became common that crystal's days were numbered. People can argue we "should have" been allowed to keep the flood of shards *and* that crystal, but that was a dead argument. Making T4CC more common accelerated the release of 6* champions and T5 basic crystals as the new top tier pursuit reward.

    The details are complex, but the bottom line is pretty simple. In net effect we are all graded on a curve by the game's reward system. Making the questions on the final easier doesn't mean we all have a better shot at getting As. It means we all will have to work harder just to get a C. The more rewards you add to the game, the more you accelerate the difficulty curve of the game to compensate.

    If Kabam simply handed out a hundred 5* champs to everyone, we would not all become gods stomping on all the content and laughing. What actually would happen is all the content would get harder moving forward to target that new average player strength (or as was done with uncollected, a new difficulty tier would be invented to add to the end game). That's an extreme example, but all reward increases are just tiny versions of the same thing. It may be impossible to distinguish the effect when the rewards being discussed are small, but that's no different than saying no one raindrop causes floods.
  • Iron_web93Iron_web93 Posts: 53
    The difficulty of the content is not getting harder. You do, however, need to have a diverse roster to handle a diverse amount of challenges. Sometimes just any "god-tier" champ is not going to cut it. For example, Daredevil actually makes DH pretty easy because he ignore the invisibility. The content is not harder, it's just different. I was first able to complete the Master level last month, and this month was not more difficult. I just had to use a different combination of champs to get it done. Diversify that roster and do not rely on the same few champs.
  • Iron_web93Iron_web93 Posts: 53
    The only problem I’m having with this damn EQ is act 3.2 on the damn thorns node. How the hell are you supposed to get past it with out the right champs? Just a waste of units and a cash grab for kabam.

    You have to get the right champs. It's a game of roster building. You should not be able to clear everything with the same 5 champs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    @CaptainAmazeO if you have Blade he can do all the fights that bleed. Just parry/bleed them until power gain gives you a L2. Crossbones can fight thorns. Also pacify helps if you only hit them while they are stunned.

  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Even with a few semi-counter champs to thorns node are available, it's still a stupid node. This is 2018, and that node is still nothing but a killing node. I thought we have said goodbye to it and will never meet it again. EVER.

    Kabam: Hey, guys. I've got an idea. With healing halls available (it's not enough Healing Hall event) lets rip it off back from players by reintroduce Thorns node.

    All I can see them doing is business that think less about players.

    At least make champs that deal energy damage from their basic attacks & special attacks unaffected by the node.
    That way, it helps to diversify champs available to counter that node.
    Why? 'Cause they imbue their fists with energy contruct to hit an opponent which is technically NOT a Physical contact. It's like wearing a plastic boots in a shallow river. Your feet technically aren't touching the water, hence, they don't get wet.

    I feel bad to those that can't complete the path unless they spend a lot of items and/or units.

  • This is the second month in a row that Kabam have put Uncollected nodes on Master difficulty. It’s ****. I had ZERO problem 100% exploring every single month. Now, I have to have specific champs to even hope to clear master difficulty chapter 3 bosses even ONCE! I have been playing this game every damn day for the last three years; but if next month’s event quest master difficulty is this **** difficult again, I will have ZERO issues quitting this goddamn game.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Iron_web93 wrote: »
    The only problem I’m having with this damn EQ is act 3.2 on the damn thorns node. How the hell are you supposed to get past it with out the right champs? Just a waste of units and a cash grab for kabam.

    You have to get the right champs. It's a game of roster building. You should not be able to clear everything with the same 5 champs.

    If we're talking permanent content, I agree wholeheartedly. For the monthly events, I think it's BS.

    And I agree with the commenter earlier that said that the events aren't necessarily getting more difficult, but require research to figure out how to solve them. Unfortuntately, it's the performance problems that are causing the issues here. A 4* AA was great against Aegon, but if your game constantly lags, you had to hold your breath the whole fight, because if he tagged you once after the fight was going for awhile, you were done and there was no second chances.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom do you see a pattern from April on this forum. Everytime people wanna tell how difficulty is increasing there are some idiots who always shut them down.
    April - most people said gully is hard idiots say its easy(git gud).
    May - people found thanos hard idiots say its nothing compared to previous month's gully.
    August - hydra adaptoid was extreme hard idiots said you should have seen thanos.
    September - emma was broken and super hard idiots say nothing compared to hydra adaptoid.
    November - aegon was broken and too much for most people idiots come and say Emma was hard
    Now darkhawk is hard (90%) bcoz of lag and people say look at previous months.
    So don't expect them to support the people on forums who can't afford high end gaming phones or are unlucky that lag still persists even after the hotfix

    Guilly was hard but very beatable if you could intercept. A lot of people find her the hardest boss to date.
    Thanos was the culmination of a story and hard but 100% doable with skill. Probably the hardest boss we've had and the most fun and interesting.
    Hydra was beatable with a 2* Ronan. Honestly the easiest boss we've ever had once people realized this fact.
    Emma wasn't broken and while she was took some getting used to, not hard once you learned how to fight her. Danger rooms helped a lot if you did them.
    Aegon wasn't broken and quite easy with even a 4* AA.
    Darkhawk is the easiest boss since Hydra and beatable with any champ. Yes the lag sucked, but that's not part of the difficulty of the fight.

    Sorry but I fail to see an increasing difficulty pattern here and your narrative of how the idiots regard these fights is just wrong.

    Guys and girls let's all give him a hand again, this guy is the greatest player in the game. Everything is so easy to him, he must just be wasting his time playing. He always has to find a post to brag on himself, no one one else will brag on him. I have never seen him play but by the pedestal he puts himself on, he must be the greatest. I am surprised we dont see him at comic con, winning every challenge.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    What about the fact that uncollected when originally released was meant to have 1 path that had nodes from act 5, now all paths except 1 have nodes. That's an increase in difficultly no matter which way you look at it.
Sign In or Register to comment.