**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kicking Members Before Season Rewards End - Solution

mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
Problem: This is by far the worst part about this game and to screw someone over like this is awful. Just don't do it. Officers and leaders have 0 right to take away rewards for someone who's seemingly earned it regardless. It's on the officers and leaders to recruit solid people, and if you kick someone in the final days because you think they didn't do anything to earn it other than even being there, then that's on the officers and leaders for recruiting that person.

Here's a solution to the problem.
Just had a thought as to how prevent officers and leaders from kicking members before rewards come in.

When rewards come, if there's anything less than a full number of rewards given to the alliance there is a 10% penalty to everyone in the alliance for those rewards.

So, lets say you have 20 people in your alliance, and you end up in silver 1. You are expecting 1000 5* shards 1000 4* shards etc. but if you were to kick any member in the final 5 wars, you then would only get 900 5* shards etc. Kick out two members and you lose 20% and so forth.

If the game could recognize the number of eligible members vs the number of kicks in the final 5 wars, it could easily determine this penalty.

Just an idea. Haven't heard it before. Correct me if wrong.

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I guess in theory it would prevent officers and leaders from kicking, but it wouldn't be fair to the other 20 some members.

and yes, @Drooped2 that real world analogy can work. because if your boss fires someone on your team, your work load increases without getting more pay.

but you can't say that the current system is working because it's obviously not.

I do like the idea of the "pro-rata" basis as another person pointed out tho. or the alliance should lock everyone into the last 5 wars to prevent them from kicking at all. just bouncing ideas.
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    i agree leaders and officers should not kick someone before rewards are sent out when the person is removed after a war is finished its rude. you get people who are great and get people who slack and slander along the game.
    edited February 2019
    Karnage wrote: »
    I think the main problem here is people who barely contribute, or are constantly late, or don't respond when needed, still think they deserve the rewards for the little bit of effort they put in, even if they've cost the alliance some wins, I've kicked people before they can get rewards. But Ive done it because they didn't deserve the rewards.
    I think the rewards should be distributed based on points earned for the alliance during the season, so if you did next to nothing you get next to nothing, if you were an MVP, you get the best rewards. Everyone should be participating equally (roughly) and therefore should mostly come out with a similar amount of points.

No. See that's not right. It's your responsibility to recruit people who belong with you. You should not have the right to take something away when the game dictates for you who is eligible for those rewards. Even if they do nothing at all, under the current eligibility rules, they earned those rewards. It should never be up to you to take that away from someone.

If the game wants to change it based on points they'd have to make a lot more changes to the way the do war. Some paths automatically give you more points as it stands right now. So it's not fair to someone who died 10 times on path 1 or two but explored all of it to someone who cleared path 5 up until their mini.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Or maybe kabam can lock in prizes to individual players after the cutoff has past assuming said players have played a minimum of 5 wars before the cutoff.

For example. Player 1 is in a gold 1 alliance all season. Player 1’s phone breaks somehow after the cutoff. Can’t come back to help the alliance with the final 4-5 wars. The alliance can remove the account knowing that it will receive the rewards, while bringing in a spare account that won’t receive the rewards.

Remember the requirements would be to have 5 wars done before the 5 wars remaining cutoff. Because in theory the alliance couldn’t cut someone and bring in someone so both get the rewards. So it would still be the same amount of prizes handed out to that alliance. And it would force alliances to make decisions before that cutoff. Also if too much “power” is put in the hands of the player (like not try after the cutoff) the alliance can still kick the person and bring in help. While they still get the rewards it’s fair because they were there for most if not all the season.
  • ian5555ian5555 Posts: 19
    Not a good solution but it does need to be addressed. They need to take a snapshot of the alliance maybe going into the last war and rewards based on that. Might help some as they would be down a person if they kicked prior to that war.
    good point @Jaded - if someone was to break their phone or drop it in a toilet or something, wasn't able to return, other members shouldn't be punished for that.

so there's 12 wars to a season - so if member 17 competes in 5 of those wars then they are eligible. if members 17 gets kicked with less than 5 wars to go, how would they retain their eligibility if they were to move to a different alliance to help them out?

this is why i think a penalty would just deter any officer or leader from doing so, because they would be hurting not only themselves but everyone else in the alliance for kicking people out. if there's a member that cannot access the game for whatever reason, and the alliance needs to kick that individual to retain their standing in the war bracket then that should kick that person out and find a replacement.

this could also just apply to just after matchmaking closes for the last time of war season

basically, my thought is, if the officers are going to be jerks about doing it, you're going to hurt everyone in your alliance by doing so including yourself.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Jaded wrote: »
    Or maybe kabam can lock in prizes to individual players after the cutoff has past assuming said players have played a minimum of 5 wars before the cutoff.

For example. Player 1 is in a gold 1 alliance all season. Player 1’s phone breaks somehow after the cutoff. Can’t come back to help the alliance with the final 4-5 wars. The alliance can remove the account knowing that it will receive the rewards, while bringing in a spare account that won’t receive the rewards.

Remember the requirements would be to have 5 wars done before the 5 wars remaining cutoff. Because in theory the alliance couldn’t cut someone and bring in someone so both get the rewards. So it would still be the same amount of prizes handed out to that alliance. And it would force alliances to make decisions before that cutoff. Also if too much “power” is put in the hands of the player (like not try after the cutoff) the alliance can still kick the person and bring in help. While they still get the rewards it’s fair because they were there for most if not all the season.

The problem with this is Kabam would have to somehow implement something to make sure players only get season rewards from one alliance. What would stop a player from earning rewards in one alliance and hopping to another to get those rewards too? Also what if someone starts in Gold 2, does 5 wars, then goes to Gold 1? What determines your rewards?
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    Sorry but especially if you're in a high end alliance, and you don't pull your weight, you deserve to have your rewards docked, or to be kicked. People don't drop their phones or break them every week, that's not a valid excuse in my opinion.
    And its all well and good saying 'you should only recruit good people', but unfortunately, people lie.
    I'm just saying, the vast majority of people who get kicked without rewards actually deserve it. This is a game of commitment and dedication. And yes, real life does take priority over a game, but if your life is that hectic that you can't get on at least every 5 hours during wars and quests to use your energy, a good alliance won't keep you long.
  • Did someone get kicked....

I am strongly against kicking before rewards come in. Almost as much as I am about this idea.

Only way around this problem would be make the rewards individual. If you stayed in an alliance for 5 AW you get those rewards.

If you bounce from alliance to alliance it will go off the alliance you spent most time with.
  • _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    As soon as an account reaches the required number of AWs(5) he gets flaged for getting season rewards. If the account leaves the alliance a snapshot of the current Alliance Rank in aw will be taken and bound to the account. Lets say its silver2.

If the account joins a new Alliance and stays untill season rewards are handed out he gets their rewards if he participate in at least 5 wars again(might be better. Might be worse). If not he gets what hes been flaged for. If he doesnt join a new Alliance he also gets what hes been flaged for.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    I think the main problem here is people who barely contribute, or are constantly late, or don't respond when needed, still think they deserve the rewards for the little bit of effort they put in, even if they've cost the alliance some wins, I've kicked people before they can get rewards. But Ive done it because they didn't deserve the rewards.
    I think the rewards should be distributed based on points earned for the alliance during the season, so if you did next to nothing you get next to nothing, if you were an MVP, you get the best rewards. Everyone should be participating equally (roughly) and therefore should mostly come out with a similar amount of points.

No. See that's not right. It's your responsibility to recruit people who belong with you. You should not have the right to take something away when the game dictates for you who is eligible for those rewards. Even if they do nothing at all, under the current eligibility rules, they earned those rewards. It should never be up to you to take that away from someone.

If the game wants to change it based on points they'd have to make a lot more changes to the way the do war. Some paths automatically give you more points as it stands right now. So it's not fair to someone who died 10 times on path 1 or two but explored all of it to someone who cleared path 5 up until their mini.

Except you have no right to those rewards until kabam says you do, after they calculated the points. Also if you did nothing youve "earned" nothing, your alliance earned them, not you., it is a group effort not individual.
    _tokio_ wrote: »
    As soon as an account reaches the required number of AWs(5) he gets flaged for getting season rewards. If the account leaves the alliance a snapshot of the current Alliance Rank in aw will be taken and bound to the account. Lets say its silver2.

If the account joins a new Alliance and stays untill season rewards are handed out he gets their rewards if he participate in at least 5 wars again(might be better. Might be worse). If not he gets what hes been flaged for. If he doesnt join a new Alliance he also gets what hes been flaged for.

you didnt think that ahead did you.... So imagine alliance number 1, best in the game, they play 5 matches, remove a couple people, play 5 more, remove some people, play 5 more. Every person who played now get the top ranked package, who cares if it is say, 50 people?
    edited February 2019
    Lormif wrote: »

Except you have no right to those rewards until kabam says you do, after they calculated the points. Also if you did nothing youve "earned" nothing, your alliance earned them, not you., it is a group effort not individual.

but that's not the eligibility rules. it might not be right sure, but that's not how it is. the only requirement is to be there for 5 wars.

and how would someone be untouchable by what I'm suggesting.

I've suggested:
    A penalty for kicking people in the last 5 wars - not a popular or preferable method of addressing the problem.
    A lock after final match making to kick people out of the alliance before rewards come in.

EDIT: There's also a direct incentive to doing wars for people. The best people compete in every war to earn war rewards.
    Lormif wrote: »

but that's not the eligibility rules. it might not be right sure, but that's not how it is. the only requirement is to be there for 5 wars.

and how would someone be untouchable by what I'm suggesting.

I've suggested:
    A penalty for kicking people in the last 5 wars - not a popular or preferable method of addressing the problem.
    A lock after final match making to kick people out of the alliance before rewards come in.

EDIT: There's also a direct incentive to doing wars for people. The best people compete in every war to earn war rewards.

That IS eligibility rules, the rules are eligibility is you must have completed 5 matches with that alliance AND be a member of that alliance when the timer runs out. A better incentive would be to just stop being a bad player and contribute properly.
  • _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    There is only a limited number of wars within the season. So you couldnt carry that many. Also the remaining people will risk their own rewards for carry others. In Top brackets a Single member can decide what final rank your Alliance achieves. I doubt a Top tier Alliance would risk it.
    edited February 2019
    There is only a limited number of wars within the season. So you couldnt carry that many. Also the remaining people will risk their own rewards for carry others. In Top brackets a Single member can decide what final rank your Alliance achieves. I doubt a Top tier Alliance would risk it.

you could carry atleast 9 crappy players without any difficulty change, plus a but load of good players and still come out..
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Why not just pool all the rewards from every player then divide them equally. Better yet higher rated players should get less since they don’t need them as bad
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

Aren’t you creating an incentive to perform really well over 5 wars and then beg to get kicked? The player could lock in high rewards with no consequence for the alliance going on a losing streak and dropping a tier.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Oh ps kabam can I get a rank down ticket cause I made bad choices. Just like being a bad ally team mate and getting kicked prior to rewards