**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New dungeon timers are ridiculous!

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Fjolnir wrote: »
    Fjolnir wrote: »
    140 hours is basically 6 days which means....

I get to use my 6* heroes once a week in dungeons?? Ouch.

I’m a big dungeon player and don’t really know what other type of feedback to give except to say that this sucks. I don’t understand the rationale for increasing the refresh timer yet again.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/123594/new-dungeon-timers-are-ridiculous/p1

So you spend money on refreshes... Duh! They haven't been making enough of this game mode I guess 🤔 it's a shame because I really liked dungeons but I just can't anymore
    Lormif wrote: »
    peasant wrote: »
    ezgoing wrote: »
    You are quite terrible yourself. Everyone can get to room 13 of d7. LMFAO

Hope you have already scored your many t4cc and T2a frags since u love this change so much to speak up for it in many of the dungeon threads.

ezgoing wrote: »
    @Lormif

Give you an analogy, if kabam add rewards for rank 1-100 of AW seasons, and jack up difficulty for all AW tiers, do you find that a good change?

I don’t want an easy mode, I want the previous mode which has worked fine. I have no intention to go for the new rewards. I have more than enough t4cc and T2a just sitting in my inventory / stash.

Except that is a terrible analogy. For one, all dungeon difficulties had their rewards uped, not just D7. In addition not everyone can make it to rank 1-100 of AW season, everyone *can* get to floor 13 of D7.

Everyone can, theoretically, which is why I put stars around it. The only thing stopping you is your skill and that of your partner. Not everyone can get rank 1-100 of aw seasons, there are literal and figurative road blocks preventing you from getting there. That is why the analogy is so terrible. Its more like they upped the difficulty on all AW maps, but increased the rewards on all AW season rewards.

Gonna have to disagree with you that increased refresh timer by 200+% is better for the community. The assumption that everyone has all the time in the world to play is wrong, since people are already grinding as much as their willing for a mobile video game. Theoretically people can grind more for dungeons, but it doesn't amount to much as getting to room 7, 9, 11, 13 can take 45 min to 1 hour 30 min+ while trying to play at their best.

The change is more bad than good to the playerbase. 95+% people spend enough time playing, whether it's using energy, grinding arena (if they do), doing AQ, doing AW. The people with not too many 5* or 6* are negatively affected because they can barely run dungeon level 5 or 6.

The people with plenty of 5* or 6* already dedicate a lot of their time (3 to 4 hours+ a day like a part time job) in other game modes (which got them those champions), so it makes sense why they won't want to spend an hour+ playing their at their A game to get 700 shards of tier 2 alpha .

All in all I think it's more an underlying motivation to increase the dungeon refresh timer to try to get more people to buy for faster refresh as well (this game's underlying motivator to get people to spend $$ is to let spenders get things faster) as dungeon boosts/items/or boosts in general.

The real issue I have with this is the lying, and gross over exaggerating.

for example, the refresh timers did not increase by 200%, shoot they did not increase by even 50%

There is no assumption that everyone has all the time in the world..

There is still nothing that stops you from doing the dungeons when you want and getting the maximum artifacts. Really, if you are not good enough to get to room 5 of dificulty 7 you have to play like one extra round to get the max rewards. You dont have to play 3-4 hours a day or anything like that.

They never intended the timers to allow you to use the same champs for the same dungeons. base timers they currently use were the ones from the 1 day event, they even stated when they switched over to the grindable rewards these times were wrong, but they were only going to fix them for the grindable events. They expect the lower skill players to need to use other champs, and shoot that is one of the reasons for the dungeons was to give a reason to use those champions.

When I fail d7 with my big guys I typically dont use refreshes, I use lower level champs, so I dont see your last argument..

I believe the refresh timer for 6* was increased x2. It used to be around 3 days and now it’s 4 hours short of 6 days.

I just want to use my 6*s at a normal rate like it was previously, not once a week.

Used to be ~96 hours, aka 4 days, now is 140. I think you are confusing the 5* original timer with the 6*.
    AndiYTDE wrote: »
    I feel forced to boycott dungeons.. i would like to run more but the system just says “No, come back in a couple days”. Me: “Umm, a couple days.. like plural!?” If you were going for suspense i think you missed it. What a way to spice up the worst part of the game.. with more waiting..

You really, litterally, have no other champs besides your 3 you run?

You are waaay to focused on your whole "Use other champions" point that you do not see what the actual problem is: I personally do not have that many R4-5 5* champions, only 2 teams. And I usually use both teams to get to the needed milestones. Now, even if I used them directly when the dungeon started I cannot use them on the first day of the next dungeon round, forcing me to use 4* champions, which makes it take even longer to get all of the points, or spending 240 (!) units on refreshes.

No, I get that, using 4*s instead of 5*s means you may have to run an extra, maybe 2 dungeons.
    I feel forced to boycott dungeons.. i would like to run more but the system just says “No, come back in a couple days”. Me: “Umm, a couple days.. like plural!?” If you were going for suspense i think you missed it. What a way to spice up the worst part of the game.. with more waiting..

You are waaay to focused on your whole "Use other champions" point that you do not see what the actual problem is: I personally do not have that many R4-5 5* champions, only 2 teams. And I usually use both teams to get to the needed milestones. Now, even if I used them directly when the dungeon started I cannot use them on the first day of the next dungeon round, forcing me to use 4* champions, which makes it take even longer to get all of the points, or spending 240 (!) units on refreshes.

No, I get that, using 4*s instead of 5*s means you may have to run an extra, maybe 2 dungeons.

Exactly! Depending on your teammates it may take several hours more than before. This is more than unnecessary, there is no reason behind that change other than forcing people to spend units on refreshes or making them stop playing dungeons if they do not have a big roster/ do not have several hours a day to play the game.

Even in your example it does not take several hours a day, and the reason was to limit the extra rewards.

Exactly! Depending on your teammates it may take several hours more than before. This is more than unnecessary, there is no reason behind that change other than forcing people to spend units on refreshes or making them stop playing dungeons if they do not have a big roster/ do not have several hours a day to play the game.

Even in your example it does not take several hours a day, and the reason was to limit the extra rewards.

In my example it may take several hours a day, you cannot judge that. And if you truly believe the reason was to limit the "extra rewards", you are extremely naive...

1) I know it does not take several hours a day, I can judge that, because I know how long it takes to run dungeons, and generally how many dungeons you would need to take that amount time, you would be talking about 10+ dungeons for several hours a day.

2) It is not being extremely naive, it is being intelligent, because of the fact hat you can get max rewards easily even with a small roster, meaning very few if any actually need to pay for refreshes if they just want max shards. It is to limit the flow of grind able upgrade mats. If they didn't do this it would increase the power curve between the lower tier and the medium tier players. The fact that you can even buy refreshes already gives an increase in power curve to the upper tier alliances.

In my example it may take several hours a day, you cannot judge that. And if you truly believe the reason was to limit the "extra rewards", you are extremely naive...

1) I know it does not take several hours a day, I can judge that, because I know how long it takes to run dungeons, and generally how many dungeons you would need to take that amount time, you would be talking about 10+ dungeons for several hours a day.

2) It is not being extremely naive, it is being intelligent, because of the fact hat you can get max rewards easily even with a small roster, meaning very few if any actually need to pay for refreshes if they just want max shards. It is to limit the flow of grind able upgrade mats. If they didn't do this it would increase the power curve between the lower tier and the medium tier players. The fact that you can even buy refreshes already gives an increase in power curve to the upper tier alliances.

Of course you know better than me how long it takes for me to finish dungeons ;)
    And no, this is not intelligent. Nobody would grind dungeons for these rewards. You do dungeons for
    a) Dark Artifacts
    b) Gold
    Both of those are available through milestones, which are being resetted every 3 days. Those people who are willing to grind the dungeons for those "extra rewards" are those people who would spend units on refreshes. That does not make any sense! You either know that it does not make any sense and you just do not want to admit it, or you are extremely naive and do not even try to see the reality. Either way, this conversation is over.

There are time limits in the dungeons, you realize that right, it does not matter how long YOU finish, if I know the max time then I an extrapolate the number of dungeons.

And you litterally just confirmed what I stated

First I grind those matts with all my champions, which means I am growing faster than you are.
    second if I didnt those who pay for timers would grow even much faster than I am..

it seems you are the one not seeing the reality.

Of course you know better than me how long it takes for me to finish dungeons ;)
    And no, this is not intelligent. Nobody would grind dungeons for these rewards. You do dungeons for
    a) Dark Artifacts
    b) Gold
    Both of those are available through milestones, which are being resetted every 3 days. Those people who are willing to grind the dungeons for those "extra rewards" are those people who would spend units on refreshes. That does not make any sense! You either know that it does not make any sense and you just do not want to admit it, or you are extremely naive and do not even try to see the reality. Either way, this conversation is over.

There are time limits in the dungeons, you realize that right, it does not matter how long YOU finish, if I know the max time then I an extrapolate the number of dungeons.

First I grind those matts with all my champions, which means I am growing faster than you are.
    second if I didnt those who pay for timers would grow even much faster than I am..

If that´s your argument, then there should be some sort of limit for the arena as well, as players with more champs will always have higher chances at getting a featured champ. Hope you do realize that this does not make any sense at all. This change hurts players with less champions more than players with a huge amount of champions.

Arena does not drop level up mats as a grind able resource... It also limits your characters...

a) Dark Artifacts
    b) Gold

If that´s your argument, then there should be some sort of limit for the arena as well, as players with more champs will always have higher chances at getting a featured champ. Hope you do realize that this does not make any sense at all. This change hurts players with less champions more than players with a huge amount of champions.

Arena does not drop level up mats as a grind able resource... It also limits your characters...

But Arena does drop Units, Gold, Champs and crystal shards. While it is true that your champs are limited there as well, you can use them several times during the duration of an arena, even your 6* champs. That is not the case with the current dungeons, in which you cannot use your champs each round, which is just stupid.

They do not drop champs or crystal shards or units as a grind able resource, only gold and BC. The gold however is typically a negative amount in the higher arenas, just meaning BC, and the amount of BC you can get per 3 champs makes it pretty difficult to measure up much, but yea you can grind bc until you run out of gold.

a) Dark Artifacts
    b) Gold

But Arena does drop Units, Gold, Champs and crystal shards. While it is true that your champs are limited there as well, you can use them several times during the duration of an arena, even your 6* champs. That is not the case with the current dungeons, in which you cannot use your champs each round, which is just stupid.

They do not drop champs or crystal shards or units as a grind able resource, only gold and BC. The gold however is typically a negative amount in the higher arenas, just meaning BC, and the amount of BC you can get per 3 champs makes it pretty difficult to measure up much, but yea you can grind bc until you run out of gold.

Now I just cannot take you seriously anymore...

Its all facts. you can grind for a set amount of shards, but you cannot just continuously grind shards. You cannot grind for champs, your total grind can reward you in a champ....
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Just want to say shout out to the whales wasting their money on this game and backing kabams cashgrab moves!😀😎

a) Dark Artifacts
    b) Gold

Its all facts. you can grind for a set amount of shards, but you cannot just continuously grind shards. You cannot grind for champs, your total grind can reward you in a champ....

"Your total grind can grant you a champ, but you cannot grind for champs".
    You have just proven that you do not want to get my point ;)

You made a misstatement, I corrected it, you can feel free to restate your point accurately.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    The “extra rewards” are just stupid, they re not even remotely worth the unbelievable hard content you get from rooms 5-13 on D7, u just risk losing all ur progress for some worthless amount of fragments

A full T4cc or up to half a T2 alpha are worthless?

find me a SS with more than 1k t2a rewards. What was published is a possibility so low that it's not even worth mention. All kabam's last months reward sistem is based off "chanches of a rewards" and not "rewards".

Even when they raise something, they raise "chanches at rolling higher numbers", never raise "rewards" themselves. Take map 6 crystals increased chanches, they can roll higher but you can and will still get trash or no t2a at all from them.

Map 7 crystals are the same. They divided crystals in2 rolls, one including t4cc (like end gamers need em) shards/ t4b shards, and the other roll being t2a/t5 shards.
    There is no way to get both in a single crystal roll, so one will take away from the other. On top, amount can still be terrible. SO you pay heaps of donations for somethign that STILL have the chanche of rewarding you 0 t5 shards, and absimal number of t2a shards.

What they are raising is just illusionary chanches, not rewards. and this is the same kind of reasoning here. The "HOPE" of a 0.00001% roll to move you to do content requiring several units to be completed, and several minutes aswell.

Even the new gmcs raise is illusionary and plain bait. They doubled chanches at 5*, but not chanches at the specific champ from the gmcs.
    Now, if you open gmcs, you don't open them for a 5*, but for the FEATURED 5*. So no matter what you drop, you will still open gmcs untill you find that 5*, or untill you run out of your budget for that crystal. Getting a 5* more off 50 crystals won't mean you ll need to open less for the featured, nor will stop you from opening more. It'll prolly just fuel the algorythm to not let you have the featured given a 5* has been already given to you. Nothing changed, yet people went OMG.
    Vale84 wrote: »
    The “extra rewards” are just stupid, they re not even remotely worth the unbelievable hard content you get from rooms 5-13 on D7, u just risk losing all ur progress for some worthless amount of fragments

A full T4cc or up to half a T2 alpha are worthless?

find me a SS with more than 1k t2a rewards. What was published is a possibility so low that it's not even worth mention. All kabam's last months reward sistem is based off "chanches of a rewards" and not "rewards".

Even when they raise something, they raise "chanches at rolling higher numbers", never raise "rewards" themselves. Take map 6 crystals increased chanches, they can roll higher but you can and will still get trash or no t2a at all from them.

Map 7 crystals are the same. They divided crystals in2 rolls, one including t4cc (like end gamers need em) shards/ t4b shards, and the other roll being t2a/t5 shards.
    There is no way to get both in a single crystal roll, so one will take away from the other. On top, amount can still be terrible. SO you pay heaps of donations for somethign that STILL have the chanche of rewarding you 0 t5 shards, and absimal number of t2a shards.

What they are raising is just illusionary chanches, not rewards. and this is the same kind of reasoning here. The "HOPE" of a 0.00001% roll to move you to do content requiring several units to be completed, and several minutes aswell.

Even the new gmcs raise is illusionary and plain bait. They doubled chanches at 5*, but not chanches at the specific champ from the gmcs.
    Now, if you open gmcs, you don't open them for a 5*, but for the FEATURED 5*. So no matter what you drop, you will still open gmcs untill you find that 5*, or untill you run out of your budget for that crystal. Getting a 5* more off 50 crystals won't mean you ll need to open less for the featured, nor will stop you from opening more. It'll prolly just fuel the algorythm to not let you have the featured given a 5* has been already given to you. Nothing changed, yet people went OMG.

People got upset that they bought them and got so few 5*s, not just the featured. If you open $100 worth of those crystals and walked away with nothing but 4*s or worse 3*s you were upset, by increasing the odds of a 5* that disappointment is mostly gone. Sure getting the featured is the ultimate prize. sure I wish they would up the drop rates for the featured as well, but I understand why they didnt, jsut like sure I dont care what the refresh timer for champs is here, but I understand why they do it and hate the lies and over generalizations, which if people paid attention to my comments were what I addressed.

a) Dark Artifacts
    b) Gold

You made a misstatement, I corrected it, you can feel free to restate your point accurately.

Except that I did not, but keep telling that to yourself ;)

So whats the drop rate for champs on a win? you can compete for the champs based on your grind , but you cannot grind for them.

a) Dark Artifacts
    b) Gold

Except that I did not, but keep telling that to yourself ;)

So whats the drop rate for champs on a win? you can compete for the champs based on your grind , but you cannot grind for them.

Sure you can grind for a champion. Now you are just denying facts

No, you can grind for a shot at a champion, not the same thing int he least.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Or they should only do any / longer timers if you complete room 5 or more for the bonus rewards