Aspect of War node - Can we please get a 50 second countdown buff or timer?????

The Title speaks for itself.

Aspect of War allows the enemy to have all unblockable attacks after 50 seconds. I’ve wondered about this for a while, but now that we have the Captain Marvel event where every fight has Aspect of War, it’s time to address this. We need some sort of timer to show us when 50 seconds have passed! . Am I supposed to guess when the enemy has unblockable attacks?

We have timers for bane, brute force and all these other nodes. We need a timer for Aspect of War

c885oymyca6y.png

Comments

• @Fjolnir Excellent post, thank you for bringing this up
  • FjolnirFjolnir Posts: 237
    edited February 20
    Thanks for your feedback everyone. I really don't understand why there isn't any timer. This should be SOP for a node like this. I remember back to the Infinity War event when Guillotine was boss and had this node. I wondered why there was no 50 second countdown timer then too. Fast forward to today and we now have an event showcasing Aspect of War and this issue.

Please Kabam, implement this change and give us a 50 second countdown timer so that we know when the enemy will have all unblockable attacks.
  • Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 183
    edited February 20
    This definitely needs to happen. I was saying tha same thing going thought the Cap Marvel quest. We already have to pick our windows carefully in this fight or get murdered, we need to be alerted about when the unblockable in in effect
  • That would help us players and reduce resources ain't happening
  • On this note, I’d also love a timer for aspect of chaos. There’s the short timer but it would be so beneficial to know when it’s going to switch. I’ve had several unfortunately mistimed combos and specials because of it.
    On this note, I’d also love a timer for aspect of chaos. There’s the short timer but it would be so beneficial to know when it’s going to switch. I’ve had several unfortunately mistimed combos and specials because of it.

I agree and wanted to post about aspect of chaos, but figured I’d stick to 1 node at a time. With aspect of chaos, we only have the 4 second timer on the enemy. There is no 10 second timer on our heroes to show when the heath-bar Switch will take place.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 2,943
    Tbh i d like a timer for Vision Synthesis as well, Mordo and Hype have it, why doesnt he?

I don't believe Vision's synthesis follows a set timeline, but rather a semi-random effect. I could be wrong though
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 2,943
    ^^^ I just looked it up on my 2* Vision. His ability says that he "is capable of synthesizing XX.XX% power periodically during the battle."
  • AleorAleor Posts: 784
    I wonder if mods will give any response here. guess not
    edited February 21
    Any chance that we can get a countdown timer while the captain marvel event is active?

Kabam is basically showcasing the Aspect of War node and it has highlighted the need for the 50 second countdown timer to show us when the enemy will have unblockable attacks.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 784
    so I tried part two now seriously. and it's very annoying actually when they dash, you go for parry and then boom! unblockable. also sometime too just don't know if it's all attack unblockable or only latest sp was
  • 4Never4Never Posts: 53
    edited February 24
    I agree that we need something, but even better, i think would be to have a fight timer, just like there is on AW/AQ fights..

At 50 seconds you would know that unblockable is triggered, as well as, the fight timer would be useful information for for all fights to know how long it took, and get a sense of speed or damage per second stats.

Also on the Victory screen showing the combo stats, add the final time, as well.

I have a post here asking for more fight stats on the Victory screen with fight time included. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63597/victory-screen-tag-enhancements

edited February 25
    Started this thread 6 days ago & got 20 likes within one day, and now the thread is buried again.

This game could be so much better if our suggestions were taken seriously.

9 days left in the captain marvel event. Can we get a 50 second countdown timer on aspect of war ???
    Mod moved my thread to the suggestions and requests section but couldn’t respond about this issue ?

I’m asking about this again because I believe this to be a rational request that is truly needed. It’s kind of a slap in the face to release a quest highlighting this node in every fight but not giving the playerbase the proper tools and/or the visibility to deal with unblockable attacks after 50 seconds.

edited May 20
    Two months ago, when the Special Captain Marvel event was out, I started this thread about the aspect of war node. It was moved to the suggestions area of the forums but no one from Kabam was able to acknowledge or comment about my suggestion.

3 months later, in 6.1.4 I’ve got to fight Aspect of War another 4-5 times with No timer, countdown buff or notification when the enemy will have all unblockable attacks? Am I supposed to keep an egg timer next to my tablet while I fight and have the alarm go off at 50 seconds ????

It’s absurd that there is nothing to notify us. Can we get some action on this???

edited May 21
    Should I just concede that Kabam doesn’t care about this ??

I don’t know of any other timed node (besides aspect of chaos) that doesn’t give us a timer. This seems like common sense.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 803
    You shouldn't give up on it. The mods may ignore it but keep making very valid points so this post may get noticed so they can't sweep it under the rug without backlash
    Yesterday, someone made a new thread and said that it seems Kabam doesn’t read things posted here in the suggestions part of the forums. I agreed and referred to this thread here. Well, that discussion was closed and deleted and is no where to be found.

I really wish Kabam would comment on my request to get a timer for aspect of war. Like others have said, imagine if the rage timer in LOL was not visible. That’s similar to what we’re dealing with here.
    There's an entire path with Aspect of War in this months Uncollected quest in 3.2. This is getting ridiculous. I know there's a lot to weed through on the forums, but that's no excuse for not addressing this thread.

Why doesn't Aspect of War show us a 50-second timer that counts down to show when the enemy gets unblockable attacks???? This should be standard operating procedure.

edited June 12
    Will Kabam ever acknowledge this problem?
    “Enquiring minds want to know”.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 803
    edited June 12
    I think the mods are avoiding any potential problem threads due to the recent war and Aq fiasco.
    Fjolnir said:

• CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 288
    amen to this
    edited June 12
    Terra said:

I think the mods are avoiding any potential problem threads due to the recent war and Aq fiasco.

Fjolnir said:

But this isn’t really a problem thread & this thread is 4 months old. All were asking for is something that most think should be in game. It’s crazy that we’re expected to know when 50 seconds have passed without having fight clock or countdown timer.