Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

Why I didn't r5 Sabertooth

axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
So today I was able to r5 my 3rd 5*. I've wanted to take Sabertooth up for nearly a month (since I took him to r4). But, he rarely gets more than 3 persistent charges and, at r4, I kill most opponents before I'm able to get 3 furies, especially after already having 3 or 4. So, aside from the greater pool of health, his attack doesn't scale enough because at the lower rank, I'm able to get more furies, making him equal to that of a rank 5 with less furies (and, no, I didn't actually do any math). Instead, I r5'd Omega Red (since I already have an r5 Void).

Anyway, I know an r5 Sabertooth would probably be more viable in act 6, variant, and LOL but for aw, aq, and eq, an r4 Sabertooth is more than adequate.

Was I wrong? What's y'all's opinion.

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 1,723 ★★★★
    Dont own any of those champs as 5* let alone have any r5 since i came back 2 yrs ago lol
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 334
    I prob would have still done ST but can see your thought process. And I hear OR is also a beast so...
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,413 ★★★
    Omega red is a god. Smart choice.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 1,319 ★★★
    DarthHaas wrote: »
    I prob would have still done ST but can see your thought process. And I hear OR is also a beast so...
    Same
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Forgot to mention, omega is sig 200 while sabertooth is unduped (not that his sig is a game changer).
  • Congrats on the omega r5. At sig200, he's ridiculously good. You made the right call imo
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 1,319 ★★★
    Yeah just watch some Brian Grant and you'll see some great Omega Red gameplay.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,663 Guardian
    In that situation, I would have probably ranked up Omega Red also. Not a knock on Sabertooth, but I would be thinking a similar thought: Omega Red benefits more from the rank up than Sabertooth in my opinion because Sabertooth's furies can partially make up the gap.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 670 ★★★
    Or will probably have more utility for the future
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've seen the same reasoning used to not rank up Starlord. I probably would have done Omega as well.