**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you guys really care more about quitters than us?

FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and honestly, prof hoff's new video is the straw that broke the camels back. The offers and even FREE things that players get for not playing for a period of time greatly tower over what us loyal players receive in terms of effort for rewards. Kabam Miike has stated before that these offers are to entice players that played in the past that left to come back, but what are you guys going to do to entice us, the loyal players, not to quit this game in the first place? I'm not asking for anything big. I just want for us to be 1. Treated the same as players that quit, and 2. Given at least the OPPORTUNITY to buy some of these god level offers they are being given. Thanks to everyone that sees and comments on this, have a good day.

Comments

• Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I do think it's dirty, but it is what it is. Just another way to rake in some extra dough.
  • Options
    KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    I'm a 3.5 year vet of this game. Solid account elders bane, got several God tier dupes ranked up and I just quit recently myself. The offers get no better and after a month of trash pulls and act 6 being postponed I just said forget it. Over it..
  • Options

I'm a 3.5 year vet of this game. Solid account elders bane, got several God tier dupes ranked up and I just quit recently myself. The offers get no better and after a month of trash pulls and act 6 being postponed I just said forget it. Over it..

act 6 being postponed? What do you mean?
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

Stay clean, my friend. Just watch out for withdrawals haha.
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    If an uncollected player quits for a year, they get a 5* AG crystal was it? How is that better than 3 6 stars?
  • Options

If an uncollected player quits for a year, they get a 5* AG crystal was it? How is that better than 3 6 stars?

It was a dude that quit for a mere 3 months and got a 5 star 2018 crystal (guaranteed 5 star released in 2018), The road to a million 5 star shard arena again for himself, and the $50 5 star generic awakening gem and 60 generic 5 star sig stones deal.
  • Options

"I totally understand why kabam does this, but I absolutely can not understand why kabam does this!"

??????????

I've stated my points of why Kabam does it but I'm trying to convince them/rally support I guess to give the rest of us a shot at these rewards.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Look at it as a company selling addictive stuff! To entice in first place they need to adevertise,create offers,give free stuff!!! BUT once you get addicted to it the company knows you'll be coming back and will look for more people to use their stuff,exapanding business!
    In this case goving stuff to guy just downloading the game has no meaning,he wont know or care on how to or where to use that stuff,but someone who quit (and they know why one quits,not being able to complete certain content due to difficulty,not having good pulls,and just genrellly being burnt out) so if a guy like that gets a free stuff after logging in after about 3-5 or months ,will freate sense of 'happiness' and wil try to do some content or quests in turn logging in regularly again and ultimate gettting addicted again and buying stuff finally and moving back to his general **** pulls that he had months ago!
    So that's basically it! They wont care unless you quit for few months,
    - To reward someone Loyal to you needs a sense of compassion,loyalty and morality which probably Lack so ! People who log in day in day out are just their rgular customers and nothing more!wish it wasnt like that but it is.
  • Options
    Kalantak said:

Look at it as a company selling addictive stuff! To entice in first place they need to adevertise,create offers,give free stuff!!! BUT once you get addicted to it the company knows you'll be coming back and will look for more people to use their stuff,exapanding business!
    In this case goving stuff to guy just downloading the game has no meaning,he wont know or care on how to or where to use that stuff,but someone who quit (and they know why one quits,not being able to complete certain content due to difficulty,not having good pulls,and just genrellly being burnt out) so if a guy like that gets a free stuff after logging in after about 3-5 or months ,will freate sense of 'happiness' and wil try to do some content or quests in turn logging in regularly again and ultimate gettting addicted again and buying stuff finally and moving back to his general **** pulls that he had months ago!
    So that's basically it! They wont care unless you quit for few months,
    - To reward someone Loyal to you needs a sense of compassion,loyalty and morality which probably Lack so ! People who log in day in day out are just their rgular customers and nothing more!wish it wasnt like that but it is.

Unfortunately, you speak the truth. My hope for this post was to try to rally the community in support of giving us a chance at the same rewards they do. Even though your logic is sound from a business standpoint, there's nothing more powerful in a culture like video gaming than a community rallied AGAINST the company.
  • Options
    LLStashLLStash Posts: 132
    Ur damn right
  • Options

Felganos said:

"I totally understand why kabam does this, but I absolutely can not understand why kabam does this!"

??????????

I've stated my points of why Kabam does it but I'm trying to convince them/rally support I guess to give the rest of us a shot at these rewards.
    Oh boy... Here's the more fleshed out version:

"I completely understand that kabam gives special and exclusive offers and gifts to people who left, in order to entice them to come back to the game, since these special and exclusive offers and gifts help to compensate for all the stuff they didn't get while not playing. It's an easy to grasp concept after all.
    But I absolutely can't understand why kabam would only give these special and exclusive offers to those players and not the people who play everyday and therefore most likely already are enticed by the game itself. Why not entice them too kabam? Unfair!"

Do you not see the cognitive dissonance in your way of thinking?
    MaatMan said:

people who think these deals are so great.
    well simple.
    stop playing.
    then come back later and hope you have one.

really the offers are nothing compared to what can be earnt in game by actually playing the game.
    it is simple standard business.

You have different tiers of deals in all business.
    - Deals offered to entice new customers. normally in the form of very very good but limited time offers.
    - Deals offered to entice previous customers back. normally quite good but not as good as it is considered easier to get someone back.
    - Deals offered to current customer base. generally nothing too amazing.
    - Deals offered to customers who threaten to leave.

That last category however doesn't work in this kind of situation as people would simply try and abuse it and say they were leaving just to get a good offer.

i wanna go out on a limb here and say most people that are complaining are non-spenders or only very very occasional spenders anyway.

It's that person's CHOICE not to play. If they missed out on rewards because they didn't play, I see no reason why they should get another opportunity to get those rewards. As for your points @UmbertoDelRio, I understand why they wouldn't give your average player these kinds of offers, but there is something called community backlash. As I stated before, the most powerful party/parties in a gaming oriented business are the players and on a larger scale, the community. All I'm doing is trying to get Kabam to give us the choice to get these offers as well. It WOULD net them a lot of money in the short term, though it would cause a depreciation in the value of future offers since the player base would be able to compare it to ones like this. Anyways, I appreciate your guys thoughts but we should try to keep it non-insult based since it gives Kabam a reason to close down the post and I personally think it would be better for it to stay up XD
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Felganos said:

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and honestly, prof hoff's new video is the straw that broke the camels back. The offers and even FREE things that players get for not playing for a period of time greatly tower over what us loyal players receive in terms of effort for rewards. Kabam Miike has stated before that these offers are to entice players that played in the past that left to come back, but what are you guys going to do to entice us, the loyal players, not to quit this game in the first place? I'm not asking for anything big. I just want for us to be 1. Treated the same as players that quit, and 2. Given at least the OPPORTUNITY to buy some of these god level offers they are being given. Thanks to everyone that sees and comments on this, have a good day.

Feel free to quit for 6 months to get the free stuffs, only to come back to see that everyone has progressed past you.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Felganos said:

Feel free to quit for 6 months to get the free stuffs, only to come back to see that everyone has progressed past you.
    I'm not going to directly respond to this simply because I kinda addressed it in my previous comment, but again, It's the player's choice to quit the game and thus forfeit progress that they would've made had they stayed. There should be no requirement for them to receive a second chance at rewards they missed out on.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    there is no requirement for them to recieve anything.
    it is a business choice that kabam make as they think it is smart for them to entice players back.
    i dare say that some players never get an offer.
    and the better offers are sent out to those who used to spend a fair amount of $$$$ while they played.

i suspect that a f2p player would not get an offer. but if they did it would not be anywhere near as good as someone who spent alot in game.
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    MaatMan said:

it is a business choice that kabam make as they think it is smart for them to entice players back.
    and the better offers are sent out to those who used to spend a fair amount of $$$$ while they played.

i suspect that a f2p player would not get an offer. but if they did it would not be anywhere near as good as someone who spent alot in game.

Then I need to quit for a while. They’d probably send roses and a quartet to sing outside my window for how much I’ve spent in the past.
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Felganos said:

I would say you have to consider this as a business venture, trying to make money. Their aim cannot be to be fair to everyone, but to keep as much of their player base as possible, and recruit new, and old players. And to recruit back old players that stopped playing, you need to offer something in order for them to consider.
    I work in B2B sales, and it's basically the same when trying to win back former customers. You have to offer some advantage for coming back as a customer.

So nothing strange about this, it's a commercial game, not a charity or anything like that. Being fair is not the first priority, and there's nothing surprising about that.
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    People act like this is some crazy, earth shattering new thing that Kabam has done. A lot of different businesses do this. “Hey we’ve lost your business, we’ll give you a pretty decent deal if you come back!” It’s just smart business.
    As far as community backlash, no. There’s just as many players who understand that the quitters lost out on much more than they could gain with one offer. I don’t see anyone getting so salty over Brenda down the road getting a 30% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond because she chose to shop at Target for 3 months. Let it go, there’s no injustice here.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    axelelf_1 said:

MaatMan said:

Then I need to quit for a while. They’d probably send roses and a quartet to sing outside my window for how much I’ve spent in the past.
    would it be more benefit to you to do that or keep playing?
    you would earn a hell of a lot more playing for 5 months then any deal they could ever offer you.
    even if u never spent in that 5 months.
    i would guess if you took that option you would come back and realise you were along way behind others who stayed on board

but if you want a few months of time away why not, try it. you may get a good deal you may get nothing.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Felganos said:

It was a dude that quit for a mere 3 months and got a 5 star 2018 crystal (guaranteed 5 star released in 2018), The road to a million 5 star shard arena again for himself, and the $50 5 star generic awakening gem and 60 generic 5 star sig stones deal.
    So 2 free 5*'s. 1 from an arena that everyone already got to participate in. And the opportunity to buy an AG deal that we've all been offered in the past? So that player gets the same things we've been offered aside from a 5* crystal and you are complaining?

On the topic of Prof Hot.. His information is usually inaccurate. There's no reason to trust him as a source of info.

Lots of companies offer things to people to come back. There's no way for us to tell how many people actually sign back and claim them. I'd say a very small percentage and does it really matter? Once you wake up and realize Kabam is a for profit company, you can accept they do things that help them keep the game going. Stop with whiny "poor me, why cant I have it too" mentality. Want those offers? Quit for 3 months.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Felganos said:

xNig said:

Felganos said:

I'm not going to directly respond to this simply because I kinda addressed it in my previous comment, but again, It's the player's choice to quit the game and thus forfeit progress that they would've made had they stayed. There should be no requirement for them to receive a second chance at rewards they missed out on.
    Isnt it Kabams choice to reach out to those that quit to bring them back? Isn't that the same concept you sre spouting?
  • Options

Felganos said:

So 2 free 5*'s. 1 from an arena that everyone already got to participate in. And the opportunity to buy an AG deal that we've all been offered in the past? So that player gets the same things we've been offered aside from a 5* crystal and you are complaining?

On the topic of Prof Hot.. His information is usually inaccurate. There's no reason to trust him as a source of info.

Lots of companies offer things to people to come back. There's no way for us to tell how many people actually sign back and claim them. I'd say a very small percentage and does it really matter? Once you wake up and realize Kabam is a for profit company, you can accept they do things that help them keep the game going. Stop with whiny "poor me, why cant I have it too" mentality. Want those offers? Quit for 3 months.
    We haven't actually ever gotten that offer btw.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

MaatMan said:

people who think these deals are so great.
    well simple.
    stop playing.
    then come back later and hope you have one.

really the offers are nothing compared to what can be earnt in game by actually playing the game.
    it is simple standard business.

You have different tiers of deals in all business.
    - Deals offered to entice new customers. normally in the form of very very good but limited time offers.
    - Deals offered to entice previous customers back. normally quite good but not as good as it is considered easier to get someone back.
    - Deals offered to current customer base. generally nothing too amazing.
    - Deals offered to customers who threaten to leave.

That last category however doesn't work in this kind of situation as people would simply try and abuse it and say they were leaving just to get a good offer.

i wanna go out on a limb here and say most people that are complaining are non-spenders or only very very occasional spenders anyway.

First off: I don’t care what comeback offers the game makes. That’s the team’s right. But I also don’t mind people complaining about it—that’s their right too. Sometimes it gets you something, sometimes it doesn’t.

I would offer this counterpoint to the whole issue: after starting to back off from MCoC before Black Friday, I decided to push again December of last year, partly because old mates encouraged me to participate in the holiday alliance events. I took the brakes off decent offer buying and expanded my playtime.

That continued through February. My result? Other than a slate of mediocre dupes (11 of past 15 with new champs like CWBP, 2099 and Gambit) and re-dupes of great champs I already had at L150+ (Blade and Medusa), the main thing I have to show is a new 5* She-Hulk (who has been saved by the beta) and a roster that still has only one 5* champ released in the past 13 months—despite my ramped-up spend and playtime.

A spate of Aegon FGMCs yesterday (from iTunes cards that were a gift from an old mate) netted me a 5* Juggs and Nebula dupe, which is great if you consider the possibility of getting zilch from them. But that isn’t lighting anyone’s roster on fire.

So, in hindsight, it’s at least arguable that I would have been better off just turning it all off for 3 months myself and waiting for a tempting comeback offer.

The point is this: in my opinion, progression, over my last 3 months, has been a myth. I wouldn’t be so fast to hang my hat on all the great things a player could get by being loyal versus tuning out for a while.

Dr. Zola
    from a champ point yeah ok you havnt pulled anything great.
    i aint gunna try and argue that.

What resources have you earnt during the period however?
    cats and the like?
    if you quit for say 3 months there is no 100% that you will get offered a deal.
    and if you did what are the chances that it is something better than what you have gained?
    is a single 5* crystal, a 5* awakening gem and a bunch of sig stones better than all the resources you would have earnt from playing?

i know compared to what i would earn in that time i would say its a NO from me.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    People quit, and the Kabam wants them back. The players need Kabam to incentivize these people to come back, stay back, and spend so that the game is successful. If Kabam doesn’t maintain revenue, then this all goes away. A $50 (or whatever the conversion is) AG, sig stones, and a 5* are decent offers to keep their interest, but don’t compare to what consistent players get from logging in, exploring EQs, grinding arena, and participating in alliance events on top of also getting offers. I’d also advise waiting to see what act 6 rewards are before glorifying 5* AGs in the current meta.