Today's update

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member Posts: 222
    I can swear this is absolutely the worst way kabam has treated me after I have joined this game. First Android Apocalypse and now this. I wanted to try my luck at Cable but guess I cant even PLAY the game!
  • Dakine86Dakine86 Member Posts: 239
    What are we even supposed to be testing...?!?!?!
  • Jtegg007Jtegg007 Member Posts: 29
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Jtegg007 wrote: »
    If you want your old game back, you can give this a shot. It might get you through the weekend. I'm not in the beta test so I can't experiment with this myself but there's no reason for it not to work. This could be considered "advanced", so if you're not comfortable with it, don't do it. It's that simple.

1st: allow 3rd party apps: typically this is called something like "allow apps from unknown sources" and it's generally found in phone settings, under security. Just Google "enable unknown sources Android (your phone here)" and you should find a YouTube video.

2nd: launch contest and make sure your account is either linked to a Google play account or a kabam account. You can do this by going into the games settings. Top left of the home page. Click the gear. Click log in options. Then either register a kabam account or log in with Google. This ensures you can get your game back after we downgrade.

3rd: uninstall contest. Back in phone settings, under the app manager, find marvel contest of champions and uninstall it. Delete all data as well if it has that option.

4th: download mcoc v 14.0.0 from here:
    https://filetea.me/n3wxtpDrpE2Q2SqnLGXZRXNTA

5th: Install it, should drop itself in your downloads folder and you should be able to click it and have it launch. There may be a prompt about "are you sure you want to install this app from a 3rd party?" Just his yes.

6th: launch contest and log in. Game should be back to what it was last Monday. Enjoy.

3rd party app can be a violation of the ToS, I wouldn't risk getting banned for using it

Totally understand your concern. It's not a 3rd party app. It's literally the same app, just coming from a separate download location. None the less, totally understand why you'd be nervous, kabam is strange...

Honestly, I was really hoping my comment would force a kabam mod to comment or delete it... Hmm.
  • Swati1111Swati1111 Member Posts: 5
    This is really frustrating i can't even open the game 99 times of 100 its just downloading for literally 12 hours plz finish this update get things back to normal my alliance will kick me if i don't contribute plus i was so excited i was about to open my first 5 star champion but before i could do that this update came really frustrating
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Member Posts: 224
    Kabam are just sad
    Could u guys please JUST RESPOND ALREADY!!!!!!
  • Gari90Gari90 Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2017
    @Kabam Miike Let me just get it right... You forced some players to play beta version of MCOC in live environment? Is that right? If so, then you must be as stupid as the rumor has it. Holy ****! This is ridiculous. You seriously should be sued.
    edited July 2017
    Am I right and this thread is not transfered to the first page of Bugs and Known Issues after somebody posts in it? Is it artificially kept on the second page? This is shameless.
  • wray1976wray1976 Member Posts: 459 ★★
    Gari90 wrote: »
    Am I right and this thread is not transfered to the first page of Bugs and Known Issues after somebody posts in it? Is it artificially kept on the second page? This is shameless.

Why is this not bumping? Why won't you give us more answers? This beta test just cost you a paying player.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice @Kabam Iko @TenebrousTenebrific @Kabam Valkyrie
  • KillakerryKillakerry Member Posts: 15
    I only have 10 days to complete web slinger. Prior to the update, I was half way through the 4th section. Now I cannot parry or evade, so therefore it is impossible for me to finish. Please allow us to revert to the prior version. Like everyone else says, this should have been an option and not forced upon us. This is extremely unfair and we should be compensated greatly!
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I didn't get the update and I'm having trouble with Parry and Evading. Frame rate issues. I can't imagine how bad it is for those that got the update.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Member Posts: 253 ★★
    Hate to say it, but if Kabam doesn't fix this fast, it might be the end of MCOC. We've put up with these problems for so long, and now about half of us can't do anything.

People are quitting. Alliances will crumble. Kabam will lose money quickly. The lack of a budget will only make the bugs and issues worse. It's an endless spiral. We're going down a slippery slope. I can only hope that Kabam will climb back up before we hit the bottom. This game is amazing, but it's dying rapidly.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Am surprised there has not been a massive outcry for compo
    I find it insulting the lengths that Kabam is going to in order to ignore us. This thread will no longer pop up in the discussions list after a comment appears. I've never seen that happen with any other thread before, and I don't believe it's just dumb luck. Kabam is stifling our cries for help. It's been happening for a long time, but this is the worst yet. This company has the worst customer service I've seen. Delta Airlines is the only competitor with Kabam at this point. If your company gets compared to Delta, it's time to sell the company.
    I find it insulting the lengths that Kabam is going to in order to ignore us. This thread will no longer pop up in the discussions list after a comment appears. I've never seen that happen with any other thread before, and I don't believe it's just dumb luck. Kabam is stifling our cries for help. It's been happening for a long time, but this is the worst yet. This company has the worst customer service I've seen. Delta Airlines is the only competitor with Kabam at this point. If your company gets compared to Delta, it's time to sell the company.

I am pretty sure that Delta airlines atleast responds after a lot of outcry. This hasnt happened here!!
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Nope, I found this thread in page 8 of the "Discussions" Tab
  • ralmadaralmada Member Posts: 191
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    I didn't get the update and I'm having trouble with Parry and Evading. Frame rate issues. I can't imagine how bad it is for those that got the update.

Not very different. I'm just saying...
  • Toby1Kenobi_Toby1Kenobi_ Member Posts: 2
    Just now had my champ dash forward while blocking...smdh
  • vaderdamanvaderdaman Member Posts: 20
    I'm not even sure that is part of the update as I had those issues before I downloaded it. Had them ever since 12.0
  • GrimmGrimm Member Posts: 119
    Is this the thread that requests Kabam to address the insane lag and horrible gameplay after their "beta"?
    The thread that they are ignoring?

If so, I want to add my name to those that think this is BS

Also going to App Store to 1* the game again
  • BuzzBeeBuzzBee Member Posts: 71
    I just want to know when this testing is gonna end. The game is unplayable on ally events (AQ and AW) with this time-out inducing downloads. Please reply @Kabam Miike
    BuzzBee wrote: »
    I just want to know when this testing is gonna end. The game is unplayable on ally events (AQ and AW) with this time-out inducing downloads. Please reply @Kabam Miike

Thanks @Kabam Miike for forcing me to waste over 300 units to make up for the lagging game and non responsive controls. Glad I could be blessed with such a great beta test. This is more a punishment in reality.
  • MaskguyOriginalMaskguyOriginal Member Posts: 13
    Massive stuttering after the forced update, increasing dash attack whiffing (mainly against back flip heavy), champion randomly dash back during combo, a dash sometimes stops as if it was a light attack and doesn't move forward. Decided to uninstall instead of playing through this nonsense. Keeping an eye on bug forum to see if the issue will resolve.

Samsung galaxy s7 Edge Plus
    Android latest version.
    edited July 2017
    I'm really about to disable automatic updates on my phone. This is ridiculous.
    Edit: I just did. No more auto-updates for MCOC. Get lost Kabam, you are irresponsible like a 5-year old child.
    Gari90 wrote: »
    I'm really about to disable automatic updates on my phone. This is ridiculous.
    Edit: I just did. No more auto-updates for MCOC. Get lost Kabam, you are irresponsible like a 5-year old child.

I also disabled auto-updates. Its one thing if they asked us to participate but forcing us into a flawed beta test is ridiculous. @Kabam Miike are you guys going to compensate us for this mess? I don't understand the logic behind this whole thing. Forcing players to waste resources because of a broken update is pretty messed up.

Next time get volunteers to run beta tests. @Kabam Miike
    Lots of links here, but have fun in this thread. It's all about Kabam's lack of responses:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/13437/the-funniest-thing-i-have-ever-seen-on-a-message-board
    @Kabam Miike could you please explain more. Having the mods close threads isn't helping anything. I guess you are trying to lose paying players with this stuff. Simple request honestly.
    They won't explain **** and that's it. You can call them as much as you want - they were told to shut the f*** up by their managers and we can complain till we die. That's Kabam. Deal with it. Pay.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Lol another thread was closed with a reditect to this one for more information. .....
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    Lol another thread was closed with a reditect to this one for more information. .....

Where?