Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MortensisMortensis Member Posts: 16
    This is happening on IOS as well. Trying to hit into Things block to build his rock charges and he keeps attacking me mid attack.
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Member Posts: 157
    This has been happening for awhile and is costly when trying to stay close to opponent to build spores with Omega Red. Just happened to me again in AQ, map 6, node 46, Scarlet Witch. She used her sp1 while hitting into her block.
  • DannyBDannyB Member Posts: 2
    I thought the latest update had resolved this as hadn’t noticed it during EQ but wow, just went into variant 3 and it’s happening all over the place.

It’s ridiculous that there is no response to this. Threads pop up asking for one and discussing that problem specifically (not the technical in game issues documented here) and they get shut down and sent here but hello!!! Nobody is speaking for Kabam here....
  • DannyBDannyB Member Posts: 2
    It’s not just those champs, it’s sentinel, red hulk, Corvus, playing an
    Invade node, backing the opponent into the corner, building space from being in the corner, topping the opponent up to a bar of power,
    or near to two, or pushing them
    past two, topping up thing’s rock stacks etc etc.

Just so much fundamental gameplay is being bugged.

I’m at the stage where I’m finishing act 5 exploration and tackling variant with mostly 4* champs. Not taking block damage is imperative hence I rely on the above mechanics to clear content but I can’t trust them. If it happens to me the fight ends and I just restart the path but that’s all units wasted.
    Vdh2008 said:

This happens to me all the time as well. OR user here as well... People who don't use Omega Red or Massacre and now Namor as well wouldn't notice this much, but it is a HUGE deal for those of us that "specialize" with those champs that do damage to blocking opponents.

This bug is 5 MONTHS OLD at this point... It's borderline unacceptable.

• DannyBDannyB Member Posts: 1
    So variant 3 is just crazy for me. This is happening pretty much every time I hit into the block vs she hulk or thing be that with sentinel, starlord, doc oc, imiw, vision.

I’m using iOS 12 on iPhone 7

Conversely I’ve 100% master and uncollected eq this month and cant remember it happening, so it’s not user error...
  • Savio444Savio444 Member Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Happen to me again twice yesterday, for champs like sentinel you have to hit into the block a lot to gain analysis. I haven’t been hitting into the block with Corvus now which is where you can get a lot of extra damage in before his crit charges are finished, because of this bug that is still here...
  • Ak_555Ak_555 Member Posts: 19
    This is happening in every fight in Variant 3, with the AI releasing their block whilst you are hitting it to either evade, launch a special, or simply get hit. Playing against characters like the Thing, it makes the game unplayable; there is no way to safely build Rock charges without sending him randomly unstoppable.

Playing as Stark Spidey, Archangel, Nebula, Ghost Rider and Blade on an iPad Pro.

And please nobody talk about it always being possible, frame rates and all the other nonsense. In a game where certain characters require you to hit them whilst blocking it shouldn’t be possible and needs fixing.

Multiple threads have started about this problem since V3 launched so something is wrong.
    This is happening in every fight in Variant 3, with the AI releasing their block whilst you are hitting it to either evade, launch a special, or simply get hit. Playing against characters like the Thing, it makes the game unplayable; there is no way to safely build Rock charges without sending him randomly unstoppable.

Playing as Stark Spidey, Archangel, Nebula, Ghost Rider and Blade on an iPad Pro.

And please nobody talk about it always being possible, frame rates and all the other nonsense. In a game where certain characters require you to hit them whilst blocking it shouldn’t be possible and needs fixing.

Multiple threads have started about this problem since V3 launched so something is wrong.
  • spaceoakspaceoak Member Posts: 146
    Below is the last communication from KABAM on the subject. We are not slowing down our combo to "block break" as DDD calls it. We are hitting into the defender's block as fast as we can to:

Build analysis charges
    build death spores
    build thing's rock charges
    add power to the defenders power meter
    give critical damage on the invade node.

You have made hitting the block a needed function in the game. We have been using it for years to build power to evade specials on stun immune nodes. We need to know what is going on. Please communicate with us!

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

• muddy17muddy17 Member Posts: 229
    When they fixed the block break bug with domino we can no longer evade or move during a block.. so it’s bug.. it’s bad vs classic spider man
  • LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    muddy17 said:

When they fixed the block break bug with domino we can no longer evade or move during a block.. so it’s bug.. it’s bad vs classic spider man

1) it was not a block break bug.
    2) They changed it so you cannot evade the second hit of her medium dash (which is one attack not 2)
    3) you can still move back or evade during a hit into block by champions. You just cant during that one situation which you shouldn't have been able to anyways.
  • Turkey_Tone83Turkey_Tone83 Member Posts: 74
    Just had this in war. Using Sparky against Hela. Hit her block and she used a special. Also I was holding block she was hitting the block then broke through it. Tier 5 war. No unblockable or unstoppable was showing on her part.

Just had this in war. Using Sparky against Hela. Hit her block and she used a special. Also I was holding block she was hitting the block then broke through it. Tier 5 war. No unblockable or unstoppable was showing on her part.

What node. Tier 5 does have enhanced special nodes.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    So i was in Varient 3 and i was using my Starky tactic which is dodge back and then the AI steps back and i hit his shield to knock him back a few but when he was blocking he unleashed his sp1. I have played this game for 4 years that has never happened why would u add that
    Multiple threads are appearing about this now - here and reddit - particularly about Variant 3 (every champ) where this problem seems worse than ever. The AI is dropping block whilst being hit all the time now, whether to evade, throw a special or just get hit.

Whilst there is lots of talk about frame rates, it always being possible etc, there are specific mechanics in the game that require hitting a block and this stops them working.

This is a bug.

This needs to be acknowledged and fixed.
    Who cares if it’s ‘yet another post’, there are currently no responses from Kabam on any of the other ones talking about this. Maybe a few more posts might get their attention?

This is happening in Variant 3 with all Champs and is ridiculous. I have played since the game started and never had this problem, so I don’t want anyone talking about how it’s always been possible, frame rates and all the other nonsense excuses.
    Ak_555 said:

Who cares if it’s ‘yet another post’, there are currently no responses from Kabam on any of the other ones talking about this. Maybe a few more posts might get their attention?

This is happening in Variant 3 with all Champs and is ridiculous. I have played since the game started and never had this problem, so I don’t want anyone talking about how it’s always been possible, frame rates and all the other nonsense excuses.

Actually there are several responses to it happening, that they see it as not being much of an issue but they are looking into it ON THE FRONT PAGE.

• simula67simula67 Member Posts: 49

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

Just now happened to me.

Mode: Sinister Labs, Epic Difficulty
    Opponent: Abomination
    Using: Namor
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    This bug is in overdrive on Variant. I got hit with multiple specials mid combo specifically playing with Sentinel. I know Kabam won't give compensation for this so I don't want to waste my time but an update on a fix would really help. Just as quickly as you all fixed the Namor issue, this has been going on for sometime.
    Getting hit with specials mid combo

Mode: Variant 3
    Opponent: Storm Boss
    Using: Sentinel

It cost me 4 revives being hit directly in the face with Storms sp1 mid combo. @Kabam Miike We've given more specific information. Can you help provide an update on this issue?

Lormif said:

Ak_555 said:

Actually there are several responses to it happening, that they see it as not being much of an issue but they are looking into it ON THE FRONT PAGE.

There was one mod response to the thread you listed, this thread, which is only on the front page because people keep reporting the issue, and that was several weeks ago asking for specific information which has been repeatedly supplied by various players, again keeping it active of the front page.
    There are MULTIPLE responses, including some asking for more details. Even if there was one, that is greater than the none claimed.
  • KaspyKaspy Member Posts: 179 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    I have been using sentinel in variant 3 and part of my play style when using him has always been to hit into blocks to build up analysis. Never had any issues doing this. However in variant 3 the AI has repeatedly punished my by somehow launching a special or attacking while I am hitting into the block.

Just to confirm firm, I used sentinel today in AW, labs, and monthly quest and hit into blocks like I always do and no issue. It only seems to be happening in variant 3. Happened on multiple quests against multiple different characters.
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Member Posts: 83
    Not just blocking - also they dex out of blocked hits. We can't do that. Why can the AI??

https://youtu.be/t7Bf4rUi2Kc
  • KillusionistKillusionist Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2019
    This is still an issue. I am encountering it when the defender has an aggression node. Right now, I am dealing with it in back issues 3

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Kaspy said:

I have been using sentinel in variant 3 and part of my play style when using him has always been to hit into blocks to build up analysis. Never had any issues doing this. However in variant 3 the AI has repeatedly punished my by somehow launching a special or attacking while I am hitting into the block.

Just to confirm firm, I used sentinel today in AW, labs, and monthly quest and hit into blocks like I always do and no issue. It only seems to be happening in variant 3. Happened on multiple quests against multiple different characters.

This has been an issue for a while for all champs, there is a massive post like a couple below this titled "HITTING INTO BLOCK BEING COUNTERED BY SPECIALS"
    Just as a heads up, you've been posting in the thread you keep directing people to. This thread is "hitting into block being countered by specials" you may have started elsewhere but you got merged in well before I saw you.
    Those posts were in other threads that got merged here before you started trolling.
    Yup you got me. I'm just a crazy troll. I've been posting my experiences with this specific issue in this thread for weeks to set you up for some sick burns.
    On topic however, variant 3 does seem to have kicked the issue into overdrive. Aggression node champs too seem to be taking advantage of the bug or whatever more and more often.
    I can agree with the V# kicking this into overdrive, I have probably had this happen 20 times. Even had someone heavy, I dodged and tried to burn him only for him to throw a special.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,843 ★★★★★
    Is it just me or is the AI always popping specials when i hit into their block and it only seems to be happening in Variant 3
  • StrStr Member Posts: 547 ★★
    Has kabam done anything to address this yet! V3 is crazy for this and it doesnt seem to be anything you can do to counter it, short of not doing it. With sentinel its an absolute joke.
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Member Posts: 46
    Blade vs first fight of Variant 3 She Hulk, one blocked hit into a special attack
    Agreed, I was able to complete V3 but my deaths due to these multiple bugs lead to me losing hundreds of units. I don't want compensation just fix it.
    edited August 2019

Lormif said:

_GRINDER_ said:

Kabam do something or acknowledge this issue atleast . Why do you want the community to loose the interest in the game .

This is so damn frustrating man

they already acknowledged it.
    They said it was fixed... but it’s not... that’s not an acknowledgement of the problem...
    They ALSo said they would take the new info to the team.. That IS an acknowledgement of the problem.

Hey All,

there is an "administrator" link that allows you to search their post history which shows that as the last post...
This discussion has been closed.