**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So this is it huh? Bugged quests compensation lol

1235»

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Well, they can't really go back and give everyone exactly what they used. That would take forever.

You mean like going back over a year and figuring out how much we wanted on there broken War Boosts. Like how much loyalty was spent on broken boosts. And how many crystals were opened with broken boosts. And how many boosts were used and returning that exact amount, which they did.

Yep, they have absolutely no way to go back and figure that stuff out.

They can, they just dont want to. I'm not debating if they should or shouldnt. But they can.
    to be fair going back and getting stats that are not linked to a player is insanely easier than getting data that is linked to the player.
    We're not debating whether they can examine the data. I said it was more effort. To be honest, this is getting unreasonable. They gave Compensation. People are going to complain no matter what. It's never enough. Sometimes it's just time to leave it alone. They can't help the fact that some used much more than others. It's a no-win situation.
    lol funny you would attack my post that seems to agree slightly with you, even if the overall point is a disagreement..

There are some of us who will not complain regardless, if they gave me back what I used I would not complain because I was made whole. Is it more difficult than just sending out a couple revives and pots, sure, but it is no where near as hard as you claim. They did not fully compensate here, they partially compensated, while giving some people who were not harmed the same rewards. I would not care about the latter if players were fully compensated for their loss. And it is assuredly not a no win situation. They could take the time and effort needed to fully compensate those harmed, after all the bugs were on them not us. With the exception of havok we had no way to know the event was bugged.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Well, they can't really go back and give everyone exactly what they used. That would take forever.

You mean like going back over a year and figuring out how much we wanted on there broken War Boosts. Like how much loyalty was spent on broken boosts. And how many crystals were opened with broken boosts. And how many boosts were used and returning that exact amount, which they did.

They can, they just dont want to. I'm not debating if they should or shouldnt. But they can.
    to be fair going back and getting stats that are not linked to a player is insanely easier than getting data that is linked to the player.
    We're not debating whether they can examine the data. I said it was more effort. To be honest, this is getting unreasonable. They gave Compensation. People are going to complain no matter what. It's never enough. Sometimes it's just time to leave it alone. They can't help the fact that some used much more than others. It's a no-win situation.
    lol funny you would attack my post that seems to agree slightly with you, even if the overall point is a disagreement..

There are some of us who will not complain regardless, if they gave me back what I used I would not complain because I was made whole. Is it more difficult than just sending out a couple revives and pots, sure, but it is no where near as hard as you claim. They did not fully compensate here, they partially compensated, while giving some people who were not harmed the same rewards. I would not care about the latter if players were fully compensated for their loss. And it is assuredly not a no win situation. They could take the time and effort needed to fully compensate those harmed, after all the bugs were on them not us. With the exception of havok we had no way to know the event was bugged.
    I just explained I meant to quote the comment you were responding to. In any case, they don't do individual Item refunds when it comes to addressing bugs like this. They never have. It's a generic package for everyone. I'm not sure how much energy you want them to invest into a bugged Fight, but they've already spent time working on the fix. I doubt they should invest more. You can also theorize that based on your experience with other companies that it's quite simple to do, but we know from experience that any issue which has required them to pull individual data and send something out, it takes time. A week, sometimes two. We know this time and again based on their comments and chains of events. With all due respect, you may have experience in the field, but not with this company. They're not going to drag it out.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Also if something is way above your skill level, dont try to buy your way through it. Hearing being dumped thousands of units defies common sense.

This is the only thing I can disagree with, this is part of the game. pay to win or pay to win faster. It does not defy common sense that people would do it.

People should rely more on skill than units to clear content. And it does defy common sense to dump 2000 units into a single fight. Especially one that you can just leave and spend 9 energy to get back into to practice.

I didnt fight the broken Thanos cause my exploration of events is based off of completion and hero use events. So the experience for me wasnt as difficult. And I always wait for YouTube videos that show the strategies and one shot methods for final bosses.

But I just dont understand how you can get smashed that bad and not just leave the fight and reenter.

• Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

I just explained I meant to quote the comment you were responding to. In any case, they don't do individual Item refunds when it comes to addressing bugs like this. They never have. It's a generic package for everyone. I'm not sure how much energy you want them to invest into a bugged Fight, but they've already spent time working on the fix. I doubt they should invest more. You can also theorize that based on your experience with other companies that it's quite simple to do, but we know from experience that any issue which has required them to pull individual data and send something out, it takes time. A week, sometimes two. We know this time and again based on their comments and chains of events. With all due respect, you may have experience in the field, but not with this company. They're not going to drag it out.
    the only time we know it takes days/weeks is when they are getting aggregate data, statistics, to report back on, and then the delay is mostly the internal talks about appropriate rewards to compensate players for those statistics, support tickets for individual compensation do not take that long.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Also if something is way above your skill level, dont try to buy your way through it. Hearing being dumped thousands of units defies common sense.

This is the only thing I can disagree with, this is part of the game. pay to win or pay to win faster. It does not defy common sense that people would do it.

People should rely more on skill than units to clear content. And it does defy common sense to dump 2000 units into a single fight. Especially one that you can just leave and spend 9 energy to get back into to practice.

I didnt fight the broken Thanos cause my exploration of events is based off of completion and hero use events. So the experience for me wasnt as difficult. And I always wait for YouTube videos that show the strategies and one shot methods for final bosses.

But I just dont understand how you can get smashed that bad and not just leave the fight and reenter.

I agree they should rely on skill more than units, but that does not mean there is not a common sense reason why they were spending that much. You dont should not try to dictate what someones goals are. For instance if they think this is finally the month to get legends, get to that boss, spends some units, cannot get him down, spend some more, then more because they have already go to that point, that is arguably a legit reason to spend lots of units. Some people place value on those sorts of things higher than you and I probably do. it is best not to place things into tiny boxes based on our own beliefs of value.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

the only time we know it takes days/weeks is when they are getting aggregate data, statistics, to report back on, and then the delay is mostly the internal talks about appropriate rewards to compensate players for those statistics, support tickets for individual compensation do not take that long.
    Support is one person with a job that is dedicated to examining a very specific issue brought to their attention. We open a Ticket, they look into it. Support are not the ones handling these situations.
  • Options
    They have other things on their plate as well.
  • Options
    Should I say, many people. One person responding at a time.
  • Options
    It's not Support handling these. I just said. Support is responsible for handling cases that contact them. It's the Devs dealing with issues like mass Compensation. I'm going to be blunt here. Let it go. They gave something.
  • Options

It's not Support handling these. I just said. Support is responsible for handling cases that contact them. It's the Devs dealing with issues like mass Compensation. I'm going to be blunt here. Let it go. They gave something.

Man you wrecked my car and only want to pay for half the damage, well at least you gave me something....And I could be wrong but I doubt it is the devs doing this, it would be a branch of support, maybe not ticket level support, but some branch with a data analyst.
  • Options
    There was a bug. If some people spent thousands of Units on beating one UC Boss, hello wall...meet head.
  • Options
    First of all, there was because people pointed it out. Secondly, if it's taking someone that much to down a Boss in UC, at what point do they just stop and say, "Hey. I never spend this much. Perhaps I should stop.".
  • Options

First of all, there was because people pointed it out. Secondly, if it's taking someone that much to down a Boss in UC, at what point do they just stop and say, "Hey. I never spend this much. Perhaps I should stop.".

You are making tons of faulty assumptions
    1) that it was somehow it was UC, this was a bug across all difficulties
    2) they spend 2k plus units, because that many units spent on an encounter draws contempt from the free to play crowed.

These are not facts in evidence.. The rewards were meager, if you just used a couple team revives, 200 units, you spent more than the compensation, and on a boss like master, but especially UC, 200 units is not unexpected or grossly out of line for people.

Yes some people pointed out that it was bugged, but that was here on the forums where more than likely less than 1% of the player base comes, and even then it was only reported as a possible bug, and this is where kabams crappy bug alerting system comes into play, they dont alert players until, they just wait until it is fixed, and then say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , then people like you come into and say people should have assumed it was bugged, and should not have spent x amount of units to play something that you assume, but there was no evidence of, it being bugged.
  • Options
    They gave more than 200 Units worth of Items in the Compensation.
  • Options

yes if you include energy, but people dont buy energy because they are stuck on a boss, they buy pots... Going back to the car analogy, sorry I wrecked your mustang, your car is repaired but we used thunderbird parts!

in addition there is 300 etc between there and your 2k analogy. Do you play uncollected? Do you never spend units on uncollected?
  • Options
    Do I play Uncollected? Yes. Do I spend Units? Depends on the Boss. Anything upwards of a few hundred, and it's a good indication I'm either going to have to quit and strategize, or stop. Unless I'm taking it upon myself to push through and go all-out, in which case that's also my own choice. There's no onus for decisions in this. Just "Fight was bugged, I want it all back.". How do you gauge what people would have spent had it not been bugged? You can't. You also can't discount the value of Energy Refills because it's all value. Some didn't use Revs, they used Energy. There is no way of pleasing everyone.
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Lormif said:

yes if you include energy, but people dont buy energy because they are stuck on a boss, they buy pots...
    Except the best strategy against Thanos and the save the battlerealm quests is to restart and buy more energy because it will most likely be cheaper
  • Options

Do I play Uncollected? Yes. Do I spend Units? Depends on the Boss. Anything upwards of a few hundred, and it's a good indication I'm either going to have to quit and strategize, or stop. Unless I'm taking it upon myself to push through and go all-out, in which case that's also my own choice. There's no onus for decisions in this. Just "Fight was bugged, I want it all back.". How do you gauge what people would have spent had it not been bugged? You can't. You also can't discount the value of Energy Refills because it's all value. Some didn't use Revs, they used Energy. There is no way of pleasing everyone.

so you spend more units than the compensation rewards yourself, yet you think that others spending that many is outragous?

It does not matter how much they would have spent had it not been bugged, that is 100% irrelevant from a kabam is responsible situation. We are encouraged to spend units when we cannot beat something. This creates a moral dilemma, if not addressed it is in their best interest to release buggy content because they will make more money off buggy content then non buggy content.

You are the one who is bringing up people spending units being outrageous (2k)..

And yes you can discount the value of energy refills, any given month we are all loaded up with them, I typically have overflow constantly. Energy refills are a something you use when you want to speed up time, not when you need to kill a boss you are stuck on.

Yes there is no way of pleasing everyone, but your constant white knighting of the company when they dont even try is bothersome.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    You crazy kids. Hug it out and go grind some milestones. 😀
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Lormif said:

so you spend more units than the compensation rewards yourself, yet you think that others spending that many is outragous?

It does not matter how much they would have spent had it not been bugged, that is 100% irrelevant from a kabam is responsible situation. We are encouraged to spend units when we cannot beat something. This creates a moral dilemma, if not addressed it is in their best interest to release buggy content because they will make more money off buggy content then non buggy content.

You are the one who is bringing up people spending units being outrageous (2k)..

And yes you can discount the value of energy refills, any given month we are all loaded up with them, I typically have overflow constantly. Energy refills are a something you use when you want to speed up time, not when you need to kill a boss you are stuck on.

Yes there is no way of pleasing everyone, but your constant white knighting of the company when they dont even try is bothersome.
    Okay, this is bordering argumentative. Sometimes I spend more than a few hundred. Yes. I'm not the one complaining that I want it back. I just said, that's my choice. You can't discredit Energy because it still has value. 30 Units per Refill.
  • Options
    borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Even at my most generous, having spent hundreds and hundreds of units on this fight, I can’t qualify it as more than a gesture. The bare minimum one they calculated they could get away with, probably. But that’s just my opinion.

Given that no-one knew or even hinted at the fight being bugged - and that includes content creators most mere mortals turn to for guidance - I think it’s fairly normal many players attempted it anyway. Especially the end game community- people who are used to extremely hard and sometimes borderline impossible content.

These players should all have been refunded in full. Refund first. Then make them do the fight again, but only if they hadn’t done so after the fix went live.

As far as I’m concerned, this ‘gesture’ is to compensation as archaea are to mammals. And that’s a huge positive. At least, for me. Because on a personal level, I’m actually elated this is what it turned out to be. Had it been even halfway reasonable, I’d still be hooked. But it wasn’t. And I’m not. Quite a good feeling, really.

Have a great weekend!

• Options

Lormif said:

Okay, this is bordering argumentative. Sometimes I spend more than a few hundred. Yes. I'm not the one complaining that I want it back. I just said, that's my choice. You can't discredit Energy because it still has value. 30 Units per Refill.
    because something has value to kabam does not mean it has value to others, and therefore it can not be assumed to replace the value of something else. If you buy an item from a store and take it back and ask for an exchange are you going to be happy with them sending you back something completely different that you dont want?

Fair play and value of items have entire classes taught about them in college.
  • Options
    Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    It aint worth it Lormif, grounded is always going to agree with kabam no matter what.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    This is the reason why Kabam doesn’t give out as much compensation packages as before.

No matter what is given out, there will be unhappy people claiming that it isn’t enough or it’s unfair. So I guess over time Kabam just decided to lessen the compensation frequency and amounts since there will be people complaining anyway.

Such a waste. To think we even had compensation for extended and emergency maintenances in the past.
This discussion has been closed.