**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Class and Rarity Gates - Discussion Thread

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,718 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Looks interesting. The gate system is nice, but I gotta say that 5* and 6* shards aren't really that accessible. As a mid-game player (I just today completed 5.4.3), 6* shards are really hard to get. I know 6*s are meant to be rare, but my maximum is 1000/month, which isn't much. And I can't always get them all (I have no mood for Thanos, my intercepts are weak).

To be fair, I don't think this is mid-game content. Also, there are 6 Paths without Gates, so people will be able to complete about 50% without them.
    My point was that I wouldn't call 6* shards easily accessible just now. I actually like the gate system, it has come to my mind few times that I'd like to see sth like this. When I was playing story quest, I always loved these restrictions, both in Act 1-4 (champion/class) and in Act 5.3 (keys). And although I won't be able to play it anytime soon, I am looking forward
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★

And for your clarity

IKON said:

Are we really going to rehash the exact same argument we had about 6.1?

Yes because we didn't learn from 6.1 that what we have to say makes no difference here....
    There will be things implemented that people don't want.
    So you are not the one of PEOPLE
    I'm one of THE people. Yes, I'm here just like the rest of you. I'm not one of the people who is opposed to it. I was making the very important distinction between caring about feedback and taking orders.
    I have never seen you caring about feedback but almost every time(99.99%) supporting kabam and opposing the forum users feedback, that's what I (maybe most of the forum users ) feel.
    The question was not whether I care about feedback. Everyone has the right to express their own. When people present ideas, I will look at them with the logic and understanding that I have. If you're implying I just oppose people to support the company by default, then I don't think you actually consider my points. I'm not taking any sides. Not theirs, not the Players'. That's just a made up thing that people who don't agree with me have perpetuated. I'm not in some kind of battle between the Players and Kabam. There have been a number of things I haven't agreed with. The difference is, I try to communicate them in a way that's not unproductive or demanding. I express my views and still respect whatever they decide. There's a difference. You either respect the people producing the game, or you don't. I do.
    I am not arguing with you, Because it will make no sense as your so called LOGIC will not work for the most of the forum users.

PS: I am still ok with the champions restriction as it is there in the game from the starting, and i still respect the people who produce the game.
    What? Logic is logic. What you seem to be doing is forming a prejudice on me as a person. That's not logical in any way, while we're on the subject.
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Looks interesting. The gate system is nice, but I gotta say that 5* and 6* shards aren't really that accessible. As a mid-game player (I just today completed 5.4.3), 6* shards are really hard to get. I know 6*s are meant to be rare, but my maximum is 1000/month, which isn't much. And I can't always get them all (I have no mood for Thanos, my intercepts are weak).

To be fair, I don't think this is mid-game content. Also, there are 6 Paths without Gates, so people will be able to complete about 50% without them.
    My point was that I wouldn't call 6* shards easily accessible just now. I actually like the gate system, it has come to my mind few times that I'd like to see sth like this. When I was playing story quest, I always loved these restrictions, both in Act 1-4 (champion/class) and in Act 5.3 (keys). And although I won't be able to play it anytime soon, I am looking forward
    For the majority of the Players? No. For people at the level of 6.2? Yes. I would say they are.
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120

Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

For the majority of the Players? No. For people at the level of 6.2? Yes. I would say they are.
    No i am a cavalier but most of my 6* shards are coming only from the UC monthly event quest and it will take 3 to 4 months to form one 6* basic crystal as i am FTP player.

And for your clarity

IKON said:

Yes because we didn't learn from 6.1 that what we have to say makes no difference here....
    I'm one of THE people. Yes, I'm here just like the rest of you. I'm not one of the people who is opposed to it. I was making the very important distinction between caring about feedback and taking orders.
    I have never seen you caring about feedback but almost every time(99.99%) supporting kabam and opposing the forum users feedback, that's what I (maybe most of the forum users ) feel.
    The question was not whether I care about feedback. Everyone has the right to express their own. When people present ideas, I will look at them with the logic and understanding that I have. If you're implying I just oppose people to support the company by default, then I don't think you actually consider my points. I'm not taking any sides. Not theirs, not the Players'. That's just a made up thing that people who don't agree with me have perpetuated. I'm not in some kind of battle between the Players and Kabam. There have been a number of things I haven't agreed with. The difference is, I try to communicate them in a way that's not unproductive or demanding. I express my views and still respect whatever they decide. There's a difference. You either respect the people producing the game, or you don't. I do.
    I am not arguing with you, Because it will make no sense as your so called LOGIC will not work for the most of the forum users.

PS: I am still ok with the champions restriction as it is there in the game from the starting, and i still respect the people who produce the game.
    What? Logic is logic. What you seem to be doing is forming a prejudice on me as a person. That's not logical in any way, while we're on the subject.
    You are not my enemy or something to personally form a prejudice bro, i am explained my thoughts.
    as one persons logic is different than the other persons logic.

Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

No i am a cavalier but most of my 6* shards are coming only from the UC monthly event quest and it will take 3 to 4 months to form one 6* basic crystal as i am FTP player.

And for your clarity

IKON said:

You are not my enemy or something to personally form a prejudice bro, i am explained my thoughts.
    as one persons logic is different than the other persons logic.
    They are available. That's the point. It's not a restriction that people at that level can't get past. You will need up to 4 6*s, depending on the Path. Some Paths require a certain Class of 5*.
    As for availability, they can come from EQ, War, Story itself, 5* Dups, Cavalier Crystals, Offers, and occasional Events. Will it take some time for some people to get 4 6*s? Yes. That's the point. Some people will finish it right away because they have what they need. Others will have to wait and work towards it. That's the whole purpose of these gates. Whether people like it or not is a different story. It's not unattainable, and it'll take some time for some people. The point of having these gates is to have a base requirement to complete 6.2 100%. Simply put, not everyone will have what they need and that's what they're there for.
    Obviously they have the data to see that the Top Percentile already has a number of 6*s, and that people are starting to build a 6* Roster.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Moving forward, when act 6.4 will be released, and champion requirements continue to be imposed, legends run will be limited to those who are equiped to take on the race.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    This game has to have one of the most legendary groups of babies I’ve ever seen.

Grind more. Try harder. Stop complaining on the forums. This game is long term.

I’ve played this game for four years. Waited and waited to rank up so many champs. Fought hundreds of thousands of fights. Fought with what I had. Spent thousands upon thousands of units unlocking masteries and purchasing revives and crystals. Restarted numerous paths, and practiced over and over. Watched streams, read articles, studied champs. Put in work.

Pulled dozens of crappy champs. Time and time again. Got lucky sometimes. Kept going. Saved all my champs.

Where’s my participation trophy?

Back in my day you had to walk a mile in the snow and sell a kidney just to get a T4B! 😋

It’s no wonder many in here struggle. They are in here arguing about the same poop over and over again everytime I get on here.

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited May 2019

Miike Can you also answer us how 5* and 6* shards became more accessible after 6.1. went out ? other than spending tons of money on cavalier crystals and other cash offers ?

You can get 600-1,000 units a week in arena (like always), and there is now access to crystals that give you a 12% chance or a 19% chance to pull either a 5* or 6*. And a significantly larger chance to pulll 4* which, when duped give 5* shards.

You either have to spend money or do arena and all the monthly quests possible. The sweet ain’t as sweet without the sour. People just don’t wanna do the grind, and don’t have the patience.
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120

Miike Can you also answer us how 5* and 6* shards became more accessible after 6.1. went out ? other than spending tons of money on cavalier crystals and other cash offers ?

You can get 600-1,000 units a week in arena.
    If don't have the time to grind or money to spend??
  • ShreddnesssShreddnesss Posts: 39
    edited May 2019
    farming 1000 units in arena in a week...ok that means like a LOT of time spent there...then imagine you open 5 cavalier crystals and get 5x 3* champions...wouldn't you just feel like you just wasted a week of your life for absolutely nothing ? or are you that stupid that you would say, well RNG, lets waste another week, then another and another..I know chickens' brain work like that, are we chickens ?
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Donnymeij said:

There were basically two things they could have done to prefent people from 100% it in the first weak.
    The way thay have done it now. Make some restrictions but keep the level op play roughly the same.
    Or they could have given every enemy very hard nodes and PI's of 80.000.
    Oh wait. That would mean we have 12 Nameless Thanosses to fight in a lane.
    I think it is a pretty decent way of making sure everyone at that level can complete it.
    But it will take quite some time for them to explore it.
    There is no need to rush, and there is always more to do.
    Even this long month the amount of content is virtually endless. There is always a mode active you can play in.

I would rather have 12 Nameless Thanoss, at least then I have a chance to play the content. If I die 800 times that's my own decision. Right now I can't even access the new content, even after 3 years of playing and spending thousands of dollars on the game lol. That just ain't right
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★

This game has to have one of the most legendary groups of babies I’ve ever seen.

Grind more. Try harder. Stop complaining on the forums. This game is long term.

I’ve played this game for four years. Waited and waited to rank up so many champs. Fought hundreds of thousands of fights. Fought with what I had. Spent thousands upon thousands of units unlocking masteries and purchasing revives and crystals. Restarted numerous paths, and practiced over and over. Watched streams, read articles, studied champs. Put in work.

Pulled dozens of crappy champs. Time and time again. Got lucky sometimes. Kept going. Saved all my champs.

Where’s my participation trophy?

Back in my day you had to walk a mile in the snow and sell a kidney just to get a T4B! 😋

It’s no wonder many in here struggle. They are in here arguing about the same poop over and over again everytime I get on here.

^^ what he said.

Geez I remember the time... When T1A was only given to the top 30 in the T1A arena.. 😞

AndiYTDE said:

LoPresti said:

Donnymeij said:

There were basically two things they could have done to prefent people from 100% it in the first weak.
    The way thay have done it now. Make some restrictions but keep the level op play roughly the same.
    I think it is a pretty decent way of making sure everyone at that level can complete it.
    Even this long month the amount of content is virtually endless. There is always a mode active you can play in.

I would rather have 12 Nameless Thanoss, at least then I have a chance to play the content. If I die 800 times that's my own decision. Right now I can't even access the new content, even after 3 years of playing and spending thousands of dollars on the game lol. That just ain't right
    Don´t say that out loud. I can hear Kabam making notes...
    With the bosses in 6.2, Nameless Thanos is actually quite easy.
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

LoPresti said:

Donnymeij said:

Don´t say that out loud. I can hear Kabam making notes...
    With the bosses in 6.2, Nameless Thanos is actually quite easy.
    Yeah, of course you were a Beta tester (who are not allowed to say anything by the way) and of course I believe you when you´re saying that the bosses will have over 70k PI with mechanics like Thanos. Suuuure
    Suit yourself.
    But without rng, then there’s no “thrill” factor. Gets boring real fast. 😂
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

You can get 600-1,000 units a week in arena (like always), and there is now access to crystals that give you a 12% chance or a 19% chance to pull either a 5* or 6*. And a significantly larger chance to pulll 4* which, when duped give 5* shards.

You either have to spend money or do arena and all the monthly quests possible. The sweet ain’t as sweet without the sour. People just don’t wanna do the grind, and don’t have the patience.
    Very clever sleight of hand here combining 5* and 6* drop rates into your percentage figure of 12% and 19%. Nobody is really complaining about lack of 5*s, we are discussing the lack of 6*s contrary to Kabam's suggestion that 6*s are now more available. The facts are that cavalier crystals have been the only meaningful way in which 6*s have been made more accessible, and that is a 1% chance per 200 unit crystal, or 1.5% at 300 unit crystal. So on your best case scenario of 1000 units per week, that is 5 shots at a 1% chance for a 6*. On average you would need 100 crystals to open a 6%, that means 20 weeks of grinding 1000 units a week to get 1 6* out of 100 cavalier crystals. That is not at all a meaningful increase in the availability of 6*s to the main player base. Not to mention that the 6* pool is itself over 50% bad champions.

The game is based on statistics, and what Kabam is saying is that the new 6* gates will sideline non spending players as those players would need to grind about 20 weeks on average to have an additional 6* champ to have the chance to get into 6.2. And if you get a bad champ, well another 20 weeks ahead for your next 6* champ!

And in case you run the argument that 5* drop rates = more 5* dupes = more 6* shards = more 6*s. Let us just break that down. The drop rate for 5*s is 11% in the 200 unit cavalier crystals. Assuming you already have every single 5* duped (which most do not), and therefore every single 5* pull gives you 275 6* shards, you would be getting only 11 5*s out of the 100 cavalier crystals you get from a 20 week grind. That is 11 * 275 = 3,025 6* shards. So if you insist on being absolutely precise, a 20 week grind gives a player, on average, 1.3025 6*s.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,718 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

That's why I mentioned my currentvgame stage in the first place.