**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Why is it so hard to understand. If they bump the rewards in season 10, everyone will complain they want more in eleven when the true difficulty increase comes down. They are only doing it once so they wait until the full implementation of the most difficult version is here.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,765 ★★★★★
    TheVyrus said:

Why is it so hard to understand. If they bump the rewards in season 10, everyone will complain they want more in eleven when the true difficulty increase comes down. They are only doing it once so they wait until the full implementation of the most difficult version is here.

Theres nothig wrong to an icrease in rewards 2 seasons in a row. According to players at least. Its kabam who think its taboo to bump rewards. Like ever lol.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    TheVyrus said:

And what exactly is stopping them from increasing the rewards twice? There's also no guarantee Defense Tactics ever get implemented. They were a DISASTER in the Beta.
  • razielraziel Posts: 83
    Early look is great, but not buffing the rewards with season 10 isn't...
    AW has been terrible for a while now and people just stopped caring. New map is not going to solve it unless a substantial buff to the payoff happens. The effort put in aw, the stress associated and the toxicity seasons brought don't seem to addressed at all.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I was already done with war in my mind before I tried the beta out. After one run through of the map, I knew I was done with war for good. I really don't care what they do with the rewards at this point.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Beta was held on Expert map. My belief was higher tiers were getting a new map like beginner/normal had a different map. Seems like that wasn't the case and no feedback was requested or received from players in the middle tiers.

So is Defense Tactics going to affect all tiers? Even when you tried to introduce the global node before it was only tried on the top tiers then because they had the roster depth.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Is the matchmaking algorithm being fixed? Out of this season's 9 matches so far my group has matched 7 out of the top 10.......yet I constantly see videos from the top allies playing groups WAYYYYY below them in terms of roster strength and skill.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★

So what’s the point of Scouter Lens if you’re going to hide all information except for 5 champs and show the rest? Will Scouter Lens even reveal any of the hidden champs? Either way, seems like you all severely or completely diminished the value of that mastery....

"There will only be 5 hidden nodes on the Map, so this is where you’ll want to place your most surprising Defenders! These Hidden Nodes will hide all Defender Information, including Class and Champion Rating!
    I'm really interested in getting an answer on this. While only one lane, will the attacker running that lane still be able to use the Scouter Lens mastery to see/identify the details of the defenders? @Kabam Miike

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I for one, am not stating that the difficulty of the mode has been increased. I can't say that it has without playing it. I mean, it will take major effort reorganizing the battle groups and paths both offensively and defensively (as any map/node change would), but it could be less difficult for all I know.
    I'm reserving all judgement on the new layout until I play it. However, my point is that the rewards are grossly outdated and have been for several seasons regardless of any proposed changes to the mode. We (my alliance) decided to just put up with it for one more season because we thought for sure the rewards would be updated for season 10. Now we are told we are supposed to drag through another season with poor rewards. I'm sorry, it's too much. I love this game, but I am totally surprised by this and disappointed.
    Perhaps it would have been better to at least update the rewards partially in the interim (for season10) with an announcement of a full rewards update to come in season 11?
  • So what’s the point of Scouter Lens if you’re going to hide all information except for 5 champs and show the rest? Will Scouter Lens even reveal any of the hidden champs? Either way, seems like you all severely or completely diminished the value of that mastery....

"There will only be 5 hidden nodes on the Map, so this is where you’ll want to place your most surprising Defenders! These Hidden Nodes will hide all Defender Information, including Class and Champion Rating!
    I'm really interested in getting an answer on this. While only one lane, will the attacker running that lane still be able to use the Scouter Lens mastery to see/identify the details of the defenders? @Kabam Miike

Yes! The Scouter Lens Mastery should still work on those Hidden Nodes!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    In any case, back to the topic. If I could add one point that I know people have expressed, is there any chance the Win and Loss Crystals have been revisited?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

What abo

Beta was held on Expert map. My belief was higher tiers were getting a new map like beginner/normal had a different map. Seems like that wasn't the case and no feedback was requested or received from players in the middle tiers.

So is Defense Tactics going to affect all tiers? Even when you tried to introduce the global node before it was only tried on the top tiers then because they had the roster depth.

We only plan on adding Defense Tactics to Tiers 1-5 at this time (Expert and Challenger Maps), but still wanted to update the Maps for all Tiers.
    Wait wait wait... So Defense Tactics are only being added to Tiers 1-5, but you don't want to increase Rewards for Tiers 6 and Below till Defense Tactics are released even though they will not effect those Tiers whatsoever? I... I'm genuinely confused, please explain to me how that makes sense to you.
    How do you think increasing Rewards in one area and not the other would go over? Lol.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

What abo

We only plan on adding Defense Tactics to Tiers 1-5 at this time (Expert and Challenger Maps), but still wanted to update the Maps for all Tiers.
    Wait wait wait... So Defense Tactics are only being added to Tiers 1-5, but you don't want to increase Rewards for Tiers 6 and Below till Defense Tactics are released even though they will not effect those Tiers whatsoever? I... I'm genuinely confused, please explain to me how that makes sense to you.
    Alliance Wars Season Rewards are not directly related to which Tier you are in, but where you place. It wouldn't be possible for us to target a rewards Update at only Alliances in Lower Tiers.
    Wait so it's only Season Rewards that are being upgraded? Why?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

What abo

How do you think increasing Rewards in one area and not the other would go over? Lol.
    1 I never said only increase the rewards in one area and 2 I didn't know they meant only Season Rewards.