Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Patchie93Patchie93 Member Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    People are forgetting that a season or 2 ago Kabam stated quite clearly that the War map is not designed to be 100% every war. They want alliances to not finish the map every war thus creating closer and closer wars
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Member, Guardian Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    Patchie93 said:

People are forgetting that a season or 2 ago Kabam stated quite clearly that the War map is not designed to be 100% every war. They want alliances to not finish the map every war thus creating closer and closer wars

Tis true, this was said. However, it would seem they constantly underestimate the drive most players/Alliances have. Then again, maybe they don't and that's the point. Also, let's not forget that some Alliances do not tolerate missing nodes, and out of fear of getting booted, people push through. That's a reality many players have to deal with war to war.

Frankly, I find the concept of creating something that cannot be finished to be rather ridiculous to be quite honest. Any Alliance that's pushing for better rewards certainly isn't gonna leave any points behind if they can help it. Now is that the end all point here? Knowing that we WILL push through no matter what at a certain level?

I've seen such a large shift in focus to AQ by MANY Alliances due to the reward gap. To maintain balance, it would be wise to give AW a bit more incentive. Not the Season Rewards, just the War itself to start. Then the Season when the new Defense Tactics drop. It makes sense, and will help bring more balance between the 2 game modes.

Let's also note, that an increase in basic War rewards now would help EVERYONE gear up a bit more for the upcoming Defense Tactics. For defense AND attack purposes. Just seems like the overall best course of action to maintain fluidity in the coming months.
    RogerRabs said:

If they’re not willing to totally revamp the potion system, one thing they should do ASAP is remove the escalating cost on potions in the glory store. It takes 5 or 6 of them to heal a r5 champ. That’s over 1.5k glory if you buy them 1 at a time for the cheapest price. That’s absurd.

A little reduction on those would for SURE be a welcomed thing indeed! Revamping and making percentage health based pots would be nicer, however just a reduction is cost would do for the time being.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

I've said before that if that outcome is the goal, they keep going about it in the worst ways. Stop making the nodes and maps harder. Give alliances choices for routes and scoring opportunities and throw a deadend asymmetric forked route or two in there with a weakening link on one side and a global buff on the other. If you take down the long left fork link the boss is harder but you get more points, short right fork boss is easier, but you get fewer points.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Member Posts: 179 ★★★
    RogerRabs said:

If they’re not willing to totally revamp the potion system, one thing they should do ASAP is remove the escalating cost on potions in the glory store. It takes 5 or 6 of them to heal a r5 champ. That’s over 1.5k glory if you buy them 1 at a time for the cheapest price. That’s absurd.

Not good enough at the rate we're going.

6k potions will need to be 50 glory each and not increase in price. Iteming out each war will cost 750 glory war, 3 wars a week that 2250 glory a week.

And it still might be too expensive.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

If you'll recall, that was during ongoing iterations where people complained the Map was too easy, and that the Win came down to a few Points in Diversity. They reiterated their goal was that the Map was meant to be a challenge. That's been the goal all along. I don't see reason to bring that up much later, since we've had a number of revisions since then. It is, and always was, intended to be challenging at the very top. However many adjustments it takes to get there.
  • bb_81bb_81 Member Posts: 147
    my ally has a no WAR policy, can anybody guess why?
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Honestly, I just hope they meet us in the middle with this one. If they want to hold off on boosting the Season rewards until 11 when they release defense tactics, ok, I get that. However, war to war a little extra love would go a LONG way here from what I can see. I'm not saying it will please everyone, but I can't imagine it not helping at all. It would be nice to see the 6* shards get expanded to at minimum T5. 5* shards get expanded to some of the lower tiers that don't currently get them. Would be nice to see the old and dated War Victor Crystal get replaced by the new War Crystals we get end of the season. 1 per war wouldn't be huge, but it would increase the chances at t5bc frags, t2a frags and so on. A little extra Loyalty per war across the board. That's about it. I think that would be enough to quell some here. I know I would be pleased to see such occur. I do typically get why things go the way they go, but this time I just don't see it.

One could sarcastically say they get why with something pointing out 'greed' but let's try to be above that here. If we want a positive outcome, let's try to remain positive about this. The changes are interesting and I'm interested to see how the map plays now. Just the same, I'm not blind to the fact it will most definitely be more difficult. Increase the Map difficulty, then please increase what we get from playing the Map. Increasing the overall toll on everything (Defense Tactics), increase the overall rewards gained from the Season. It makes sense from what I can see. All we can do is hope they listen, take everything into consideration, and meet us in the middle.

That would be such a great gesture of goodwill and makes so much sense that it will almost certainly not be implemented.

Dr. Zola
    All we can do is try. It's disheartening to think that what you say is likely the truth. BUT, we've been surprised in the past. Usually when the community really comes together and stays the course that things get changed. Examples off the top of my head, when they tried to remove diversity. The uproar stopped that. When they rolled out the 1st iteration of the new matchmaking, many were displeased even though they said it was supposed to work like that. It also got changed (timing wise anyway). More recently, when the community expressed their distaste for the 'compensation' for the Gifting Badge, we were heard. We got more. Try to remember that we do get heard, and keep that in mind when you're writing your posts here everyone. We may yet get surprised again. In the meantime I'll personally be pushing with positivity.
    I appreciate your efforts.

Dr. Zola
  • SunstruckSunstruck Member Posts: 80
    As a gaming company it is good to provide more challenges, but you should think of end users too. I started playing this game and now addicted to it, so many of us. With new changes on AQ and AW I am thinking of not wasting my time and money on this game, as rewards are not at all par with content. Lots of bugs, you guys fixed one and introduce many. Sometimes not even bother to compensate. Still crystal open 2 star champs. My suggestion please increase the drop chances of 5* 6* and tb5 tb4 t2a crystal chances, then you can increase level of challenges.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Patchie93 said:

That was the case, which made no sense given war seasons making it important to 100% even in a loss, but they have scrapped that idea.
  • BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Member Posts: 83
    @Kabam Miike

Can you please specify which nodes will hide the defender's information?
    Does Challenger and above, or only Expert Maps have these hidden nodes?
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Member Posts: 343 ★★
    Until then, we’ll have 3-5 weeks of harder maps with same outdated rewards.

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

The statement was made that no changes to the Rewards are coming. Not that they're coming later. I know what I responded to.

No one said they aren’t giving an update to rewards. Everyone has said they are giving us the new harder map for season 10 with a expected reward increase in season 11. No one has said otherwise.
    Yes, they did. People commented that there was NO REWARDS BOOST. That's what I commented on. Read the Thread again.
    We are talking about season 10. There is no reward increase for season 10. Your comments are pointless at this time. Please direct yourself out of the conversation.
    We're talking about the new Maps and upcoming changes to War. For which the Rewards will increase with Defence Tactics in Season 11. I know what we're here discussing. I'm not leaving, sorry.

Patchie93 said:

If you'll recall, that was during ongoing iterations where people complained the Map was too easy, and that the Win came down to a few Points in Diversity. They reiterated their goal was that the Map was meant to be a challenge. That's been the goal all along. I don't see reason to bring that up much later, since we've had a number of revisions since then. It is, and always was, intended to be challenging at the very top. However many adjustments it takes to get there.
    No one was complaining that the map was too easy. We were complaining that by dropping defender kills every war was being decided before they started by defensive rating. It also had nothing to do with making the map "challenging at the top". It always has been. But thank you for playing.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Member Posts: 632 ★★★

So a little background on Season 11 Rewards Update:

We discussed the Reward Changes quite a bit, and the decision was made to hold back the Rewards update until Season 11, because we want that update to coincide with the addition of Defence Tactics.

While the Maps are new, and getting used to something new is never without Challenge, there isn't really an intended bump to difficulty with this Map update. There are more "mini-bosses", but not all of them have strong Buffs on them (nodes 15, 18, 20, 37, 41, 43, 44, 46, 47 don't have the big boosts found on other mini-boss nodes), and you will no longer be on your own to take them down.

Defence Tactics is the biggest update we've made to Alliance Wars since Seasons were introduced, and while we wanted to have them live for Season 10, the feedback we received that it was soon, and we needed to get these Maps out to everybody first.

“and you will no longer be on your own to take them down.”
    News flash:
    To have other players with me doesn’t take the pressure the finish a fight without dying, boost, heal to max before the fight and heal to max after the fight.

And it’s not just more minis, it’s also stronger nodes with “unavoidable” damage like thorns, starburst etc...

Defender Kills have nothing to do with intending the Map to be difficult to complete.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Member Posts: 239 ★★
    Rasilover said:

the Inverted Bleed node is so lame.
    how do you defeat void without degening to death? without Corvus or nick?

Omega red would work fine for that node
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

the Inverted Bleed node is so lame.
    how do you defeat void without degening to death? without Corvus or nick?

Omega red would work fine for that node
    You’ll still take Degen from Void.

Defender Kills have nothing to do with intending the Map to be difficult to complete.

They have everything to do with why people were complaining that wars were no longer being determined by skill but by things like defensive rating, not because the map was too easy like you claimed lol. At the time a Mod commented that defensive rating and diversity were determining wars because both sides were 100%ing the map, which wasn't intended, but they have since dropped that as a thing. Making people fail to 100% the map hasn't been a goal for some time. I think you are a little confused on your recollections, but this is an irrelevant tangent so I suggest we drop it.

They have everything to do with why people were complaining that wars were no longer being determined by skill but by things like defensive rating, not because the map was too easy like you claimed lol. At the time a Mod commented that defensive rating and diversity were determining wars because both sides were 100%ing the map, which wasn't intended, but they have since dropped that as a thing. Making people fail to 100% the map hasn't been a goal for some time. I think you are a little confused on your recollections, but this is an irrelevant tangent so I suggest we drop it.
    Defender Kills never stopped people from completing the Map. What it did was cost people for every K.O. Which meant effectively, people were using Resources to increase their chances of losing. Skill to get through the Nodes without dying, perhaps. Not skill for people relying on Defender Kills for Wins. Large amounts of Points accumualted for deaths. Back when the Mystic Barrier was a thing, all people had to do was let the opponent K.O. themselves into a Loss. There were a few reasons they were removed, and the current iteration still encourages people to play skillfully while at the same time not docking them for their efforts and use of Items afterwards. Defender Kills didn't have anything to do with making the Map harder to complete. People were scared to keep trying because every K.O. gave Points.
    @Kabam Miike same difficulty?

Refresh my memory, what's Tankbuster and Psychic Thorns?

Refresh my memory, what's Tankbuster and Psychic Thorns?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get 3 days bwtn 9s end &10s rollout

Will we get to practice the new map during the off-season when season 9 ends?

I was there for the entire change. I remember the arguments presented, and it was a bitter haul because people couldn't let go of Defender Kills. Why? They were relying on them for their Wins. You don't even have to play skillfully in some scenarios. You just have to let the other Ally play themsleves to death.
  • Surfin_silverSurfin_silver Member Posts: 23
    MetalJake said:

Until then, we’ll have 3-5 weeks of harder maps with same outdated rewards.

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

The statement was made that no changes to the Rewards are coming. Not that they're coming later. I know what I responded to.

No one said they aren’t giving an update to rewards. Everyone has said they are giving us the new harder map for season 10 with a expected reward increase in season 11. No one has said otherwise.
    Yes, they did. People commented that there was NO REWARDS BOOST. That's what I commented on. Read the Thread again.
    We are talking about season 10. There is no reward increase for season 10. Your comments are pointless at this time. Please direct yourself out of the conversation.
    We're talking about the new Maps and upcoming changes to War. For which the Rewards will increase with Defence Tactics in Season 11. I know what we're here discussing. I'm not leaving, sorry.
    Do you see a boost to rewards? Cause i dont. I really would like to see the increased rewards you’re preaching about lol. All i see is a promise for a potential increase in the future. Season 10 has no increased rewards and is the focal point of current conversation. You’re smart enough to read between the lines and get that lmao no one cares ab season 11 rn. Stop commenting just to comment.

Defender Kills never stopped people from completing the Map. What it did was cost people for every K.O. Which meant effectively, people were using Resources to increase their chances of losing. Skill to get through the Nodes without dying, perhaps. Not skill for people relying on Defender Kills for Wins. Large amounts of Points accumualted for deaths. Back when the Mystic Barrier was a thing, all people had to do was let the opponent K.O. themselves into a Loss. There were a few reasons they were removed, and the current iteration still encourages people to play skillfully while at the same time not docking them for their efforts and use of Items afterwards. Defender Kills didn't have anything to do with making the Map harder to complete. People were scared to keep trying because every K.O. gave Points.
    Wow you are really missing the point. Everything you are saying about the topic is irrelevant. I only brought up defender kills because their removal was the reason people were complaining, rather than what you alleged. Rehashing why they were removed or whether they should have been is irrelevant to the discussion. We are talking about two totally different things and consequently are talking past each other. It isn't worth trying to come to terms though, because it has little to do with the discussion at hand.
    I thought they scrapped Defender Rating Points when they scrapped Defender Kill points? Didn't they both go before the addition of Diversity and the current iteration of the War maps? Initial placement rating was able to be manipulated by boosts taboot if I'm not mistaken. This is still true (in a certain sense) as you can Boost right before you place and the initial numbers for your individual defender rating will remained locked in when the game tallies up for MVP (last I checked anyway). Doesn't transfer over to the Map itself though. So weird.

That system was INDEED faulty and the current point system does award more for skill due to attack bonuses. Much better overall. Gotta wonder how much these new nodes will change the final attack bonus outcome... for some it's for sure gonna put a dent in their point output. I REALLY hope we get at MINIMUM 2 war cycles to test this new layout before S10 officially kicks off. I would suspect many will complain about difficulty, while others will praise the Challenge. Can't please everyone afterall, lol.

I thought they scrapped Defender Rating Points when they scrapped Defender Kill points? Didn't they both go before the addition of Diversity and the current iteration of the War maps? Initial placement rating was able to be manipulated by boosts taboot if I'm not mistaken. This is still true (in a certain sense) as you can Boost right before you place and the initial numbers for your individual defender rating will remained locked in when the game tallies up for MVP (last I checked anyway). Doesn't transfer over to the Map itself though. So weird.

That system was INDEED faulty and the current point system does award more for skill due to attack bonuses. Much better overall. Gotta wonder how much these new nodes will change the final attack bonus outcome... for some it's for sure gonna put a dent in their point output. I REALLY hope we get at MINIMUM 2 war cycles to test this new layout before S10 officially kicks off. I would suspect many will complain about difficulty, while others will praise the Challenge. Can't please everyone afterall, lol.

No there was a time during the various iterations where there were no defender kills and no attack bonus and both sides could max diversity, so if both sides completed 100% the only thing left was defensive rating, in which case the war was really over before it started.