Summoners, earlier today a notification for a Guardians of the Galaxy gift was delivered to some Summoners. This was done by accident, and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Explore Stable and Unstable Atlantean Rifts for Great Rewards!

189111314

Comments

  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,302 Guardian
    DrZola said:

    DNA3000 said:

    DalBot said:

    DNA3000 said:

    I've said this several times now for many different crystals, but it bears repeating. Displaying the odds of a reward dropping in a crystal is not terribly useful to players if you don't also state what the reward actually is. In the case of Atlantean crystals, the drop odds display things like "T2 Alpha fragments" but not how many. Without knowing how many fragments that is, the information that you have a 20% chance to get them is virtually useless.

    If these were purchasable with units, I would state that they violate the Apple Store lootbox guidelines. As they are not, I will simply state they violate basic common sense.

    I'm not exaggerating by much when I say that this is about as useful to making an informed choice as saying "A Reward: 20%; A Different Reward: 5%; Still Another Reward: 75%." There's an enormous difference between these crystals offering, for example, a 20% chance for 3000 T2A fragments and a 20% chance for 300 T2A fragments.

    Glad to say we agree on at least something 😂🤝
    Then I think you're going to enjoy this.

    @Kabam Miike I know I've reported to Kabam in the past that customer support quality is sometimes annoyingly awful, like when support seems unaware of the fact that the Earth is round and timezones exist.

    I have no idea what went wrong with this player's account. It could be a glitch, just a visual bug, or user error. But what support sent to them was complete gibberish. The unstable rifts all have published drop odds that add up to 100%, so as long as you complete them you're supposed to get some kind of reward. None of them should have a non-zero chance to generate a reward, and there is no way to give support any benefit of the doubt that they did anything other than mislead the player.

    It is very difficult to encourage players to report things to support, when I've seen first hand support say things to me that suggest either they are supporting a completely different game, or I've slipped into a completely different reality. This definitely needs major improvement.
    “Support” is an egregious misnomer. I’m sure they are nice, but putting individuals with zero apparent expertise (technical or otherwise) in charge of handling issues shouldn’t happen with a game that makes this much money.

    Dr. Zola
    Unfortunately, they put individuals like that in charge of handling support issues for much more important things. In professional life, I rarely call level one tech support any more. I use other channels to escalate right past them.

    Actually, I usually end up doing that in every MMO I've played as well. If I see a bug in the game I might start a thread on it. I might PM Kabam about it. The idea of notifying support about it gives me hives.
  • AndyB1985AndyB1985 Posts: 31
    4 epic rifts... two +5 science gems and 500 5* shards twice, which I backed out of the quests for those worthless shards.

    What a waste of time these are.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 939 ★★★



  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,302 Guardian

    As of today the normal and heroic levels are a complete waste of energy and units for refills. The master and epic levels have given the worst possible result for lanes with the lowest rewards and the highest defender levels. Overall the game is simply a glorious cash grab on every level.

    If you think you have to spend cash constantly on the game, perhaps the problem isn't the game.
  • Havoc614Havoc614 Posts: 17
    Just played unstable epic 2 times in the last hour and fought invisible woman at the end. Thought it was supposed to be namor
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 2,250 ★★★★★
    Havoc614 said:

    Just played unstable epic 2 times in the last hour and fought invisible woman at the end. Thought it was supposed to be namor

    It can be either one. It is random.
  • Havoc614Havoc614 Posts: 17
    Gotcha thanks buttehrs
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,684 ★★★★★
    Done 3 epic rifts so far, half a T2a from the unstable and 2 5* crystals from the 2 stable rifts. I’m missing my chance at the 5* AG but the odds are just so much nicer in stable rifts
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,576 ★★★★★
    Third run yielded T2a, which is fine by me. True to the 1/3 odds. Now I get to slog through a couple more before I get another solid return.

    Dr. Zola
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,092 ★★★
    How can we do epic more than 3 or 4 times if the f4 hero use ranks give just 500 t4 rift shards for just reaching and 2k for 1st
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,092 ★★★
    Crine60 said:

    If we get crystals instead of running the rifts once they come out will we also get the 5k coral for next highest tier?

    Crystals award 2,500 coral for the next tier, but 8 wouldn't recommend opening them as the rift rewards are better
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,576 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    DNA3000 said:

    DrZola said:

    DNA3000 said:

    DalBot said:

    DNA3000 said:

    I've said this several times now for many different crystals, but it bears repeating. Displaying the odds of a reward dropping in a crystal is not terribly useful to players if you don't also state what the reward actually is. In the case of Atlantean crystals, the drop odds display things like "T2 Alpha fragments" but not how many. Without knowing how many fragments that is, the information that you have a 20% chance to get them is virtually useless.

    If these were purchasable with units, I would state that they violate the Apple Store lootbox guidelines. As they are not, I will simply state they violate basic common sense.

    I'm not exaggerating by much when I say that this is about as useful to making an informed choice as saying "A Reward: 20%; A Different Reward: 5%; Still Another Reward: 75%." There's an enormous difference between these crystals offering, for example, a 20% chance for 3000 T2A fragments and a 20% chance for 300 T2A fragments.

    Glad to say we agree on at least something 😂🤝
    Then I think you're going to enjoy this.

    @Kabam Miike I know I've reported to Kabam in the past that customer support quality is sometimes annoyingly awful, like when support seems unaware of the fact that the Earth is round and timezones exist.

    I have no idea what went wrong with this player's account. It could be a glitch, just a visual bug, or user error. But what support sent to them was complete gibberish. The unstable rifts all have published drop odds that add up to 100%, so as long as you complete them you're supposed to get some kind of reward. None of them should have a non-zero chance to generate a reward, and there is no way to give support any benefit of the doubt that they did anything other than mislead the player.

    It is very difficult to encourage players to report things to support, when I've seen first hand support say things to me that suggest either they are supporting a completely different game, or I've slipped into a completely different reality. This definitely needs major improvement.
    “Support” is an egregious misnomer. I’m sure they are nice, but putting individuals with zero apparent expertise (technical or otherwise) in charge of handling issues shouldn’t happen with a game that makes this much money.

    Dr. Zola
    Unfortunately, they put individuals like that in charge of handling support issues for much more important things. In professional life, I rarely call level one tech support any more. I use other channels to escalate right past them.

    Actually, I usually end up doing that in every MMO I've played as well. If I see a bug in the game I might start a thread on it. I might PM Kabam about it. The idea of notifying support about it gives me hives.
    Right.

    I don’t think it makes sense to heap a lot of scorn on the Support people as a general rule (unless they are so obviously misinformed they probably just don’t care or don’t pay attention).

    In my experience, customer support staffers are often put in an impossible position when a company doesn’t really give a whit about supporting the customer or doesn’t want to devote more than nominal resources to a non-revenue producing activity. The support staff may not even be trained or informed and are just trying to piece together parts of a script someone gave them.

    Rather, I think the blame for inadequate support resides with the larger leadership team at that kind of company, not the poor, ill-prepared support staffer.

    Dr. Zola
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    4th run, second I got sig stones. The other 2 I got some 5* shards. Really loving it...
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 239
    edited June 2019
    How many Epic rifts has everyone done? I’ve grinded this game out the entire month, done everything you can do to get coral, and I’ve only been able to run 5 epic rifts. Didn’t Kabam say you can run 10? There’s like 7 days left of this event.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,576 ★★★★★
    Gkohler said:

    How many Epic rifts has everyone done? I’ve grinded this game out the entire month, done everything you can do to get coral, and I’ve only been able to run 5 epic rifts. Didn’t Kabam say you can run 10? There’s like 7 days left of this event.

    I’ve been out of town and playing lightly most of the month, so I’m still finishing UC and Master EQ. But I’ve run 3 and will run a fourth today/tomorrow. I would expect to get another 2 or 3 before the end, making 6 or 7 total.

    Dr. Zola
  • Furion17Furion17 Posts: 250
    Till now 5 unstable epic rifts runs
    1)500 five star shards
    2)Feature crystal (Old black Panther)
    3)5 tech signature stones
    4)5 mutant signature stones
    5)500 five star shards
    Not happy :neutral:
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,576 ★★★★★
    Fourth unstable yielded T5b. Nice step up with low 5* shards first two runs and T2a third run.

    Dr. Zola
  • ForwardForward Posts: 80 ★★
    500 5*, 5k 5*, 500 5* and 500 5*. Which then turned into old man Logan.

    Another month, another time I get screwed by rng. Makes it so hard to want to progress when you see others getting 2k 6*, ags and t2a.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,576 ★★★★★
    RanoMano said:

    A guy in my alliances got 3 5* AGs from 4 rifts. He has put the same effort as people gettin sig stones

    That’s the cruelty of pRNG. Same effort but wildly divergent results. The gambling paradigm makes money, so don’t expect it to change any time soon.

    Dr. Zola
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 2,250 ★★★★★
    Leave RNG to the crystals. Please dont water down rewards for side events like this with RNG. Why would i do the same amount of work as others only to get a few measly sig stones when they are pulling awakening gems or t5b shards? Any and all future side events like this should be like infinity dust store. That way i can buy what i want but i cant buy everything.
  • Rifts should not be timed I’ve had two tier 3 rifts expire as the game would lag and not load until the rift would expire someone fix this I can’t finish any rifts
  • WeeHobbit89WeeHobbit89 Posts: 146


    So much for that not being true....
  • xNigxNig Posts: 6,458 ★★★★★
    That’s always the case no? Someone has to pay their salaries. Free to play enjoys the game without needing to pay anything so as much as it’s unfair, that’s how the world works.
  • Baron_LaCroixBaron_LaCroix Posts: 5
    So I have run 5 epic unstable rifts so far and on one of my runs I pulled 2000 6* shards... only issue is I've noticed the shards were never received. I've reached out to support with a screen cap I took mid-quest as I was excited about the shards and they're saying I didn't complete the quest (even though I know for a fact I did and the pic shows I had more than enough time and energy to complete the quest).

    I'm still communicating with tech support, but the responses so far don't fill me with any confidence. Make sure you keep an eye on your rewards, as this quest seems buggy... if I can't get my issue resolved, I think I'm about done with this game.


Sign In or Register to comment.